Agile Guitar

PDA

View Full Version : Agile Guitar

Greenfish
12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
So, yes I am one of the few people that have actually purchased an Agile Guitar.
Firstly, I love it. It kicks any Epiphones ass.

So here the question:
I own the AL2500, because I didn't feel like spending money on a guitar I wasn't sure of yet. Well now knowing that it is quite good quality, I was curious to see if anyone owned the 3000, or 3500 Prestige Les Paul.
I'd appreciate any feedback or comments on quality regarding the 3000, 3500. Are clean channels good? Overdrive? Humbucker sound?

Would appreciate any info anybody could give. Thanks.

Green<><

the_white_bunny
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
is that the one with the floyd?

Greenfish
12-04-2005, 07:13 PM
I don't think so....but I'm not positive

the_white_bunny
12-04-2005, 07:18 PM
no the one you got

iamtehwalrus768
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
There is a version of the 2000 and 2500 with a Floyd yes.They are Licensed Floyds tho.

Ringer19
12-04-2005, 08:41 PM
sorry to change the subject, but do agiles sound good for metal too? and to threadstarter, if i wanted a little better agile(they should be since they're more expensive and have better stuff) then i would go for it, but if it was me i wouldnt buy another one if i already had one like yours cause i dont think there would be that much difference, but what do i know, i have never played one

Ringer19
12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
another thing i would like to ask is how much does it weigh, i know it says 10 lbs. but i have never played a 10 lb. guitar so is it heavy?

iamtehwalrus768
12-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Compared to a strat, yes. But its actually lighter than a Gibson LP from what I have seen.

Mahogany = heavy and sustain.

E Daws
12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
I have a question about Agiles. Here is my snag with agiles. Even the guys who own LP-100's and Squiers say that the guitar is pretty good. So how and what can you say that makes Agile is good enough to buy without playing it and simply taking somebody's word for it?

I do not think I will buy one because it is not a problem for me to make a few grand and buy a Gibson custom les paul if I feel I need one. But I have a few friends who are less capable in the money making area and I have been thinking about sending the Agile idea their way.

Jandy
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Well hundreds of people can't be wrong.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Agile/

Besides they have a pretty liberal return policy, if you don't like it, then hell send it back!

misfits385
12-04-2005, 09:27 PM
another thing i would like to ask is how much does it weigh, i know it says 10 lbs. but i have never played a 10 lb. guitar so is it heavy?

Why do you have the same avatar as wilty.

iamtehwalrus768
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I have a question about Agiles. Here is my snag with agiles. Even the guys who own LP-100's and Squiers say that the guitar is pretty good. So how and what can you say that makes Agile is good enough to buy without playing it and simply taking somebody's word for it?

I do not think I will buy one because it is not a problem for me to make a few grand and buy a Gibson custom les paul if I feel I need one. But I have a few friends who are less capable in the money making area and I have been thinking about sending the Agile idea their way.
I have played my fair share of guitars(But I only own my Agile atm :( Soon to change tho :) ) And it is an awesome guitar. Blows all of the Epi's in its price range out of the water. Its a 2000, and it blows away the standard, which is $300 more than it.

kyle_katarn3
12-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I think the fact that there is consitistant, positive feedback on agiles says something. Epi's are more hit or miss, it's wading through 5 to find an ok one, and 50 ok ones to find an excellent one.

Jandy
12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
The one problem I've heard with agile is they're shipping guys are bumbling idiots.

Lot's of guys get their guitar with chips, broken necks, scratches, nicks, etc. Despite that they are supposedly very good about returns or replacements anyways.

You can't lose really.

Stay away from the SX series

PurpleMonkeyDW
12-05-2005, 05:41 AM
The one problem I've heard with agile is they're shipping guys are bumbling idiots.

Lot's of guys get their guitar with chips, broken necks, scratches, nicks, etc. Despite that they are supposedly very good about returns or replacements anyways.

You can't lose really.

Can't say I've had a problem with that, I did get mines shipped in a case which they recommend on the site. Also their customer service is excellent.

To the threadstarter, I own an AL3000 and I have very few complaints. The finish is just perfect. It sounds great both on clean and distorted, there's plenty of versatility there. If Ihave one gripe (and perhaps its not the case with all 3000's) is that the bridge pickup sounds a bit twangy for my liking and the pickup selector switch is a bit unreliable (but that's a problem with all LP's). Having said that, if I put a set of duncans in it it would probably sound awesome. I'll get round to it one day...

Final
12-05-2005, 06:49 AM
I own an Agile AL3000M and I have to agree with almost everything the guy above me said, except my pickup selector switch is pretty reliable. I love it to death though, only thing I might do to it is switch out the pickups for something better.

radiant_legend
12-05-2005, 01:36 PM
agile s only available in US is it?

iamtehwalrus768
12-05-2005, 02:18 PM

You can't lose really.

Get it shipped in a hard case. I never buy a guitar without a hard case.

wilty00
12-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Why do you have the same avatar as wilty.
I was wondering the same thing.