Ska-Punk 2guitar-ish Song [PTB/TAB/MIDI/Crit for crit]

PDA

View Full Version : Ska-Punk 2guitar-ish Song [PTB/TAB/MIDI/Crit for crit]

Chubz
12-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey guys , I'm back with another little thing I made.

It's going to have bass, two guitars, and me and my friend singing.

I'm really not sure what genre this is, but I think it has a catchy thing going on. I really am digging the chorus and intro so far, but if you have any tips for the verse let me know I'm stumped. (Key of A MAJ)

I plan on adding more lead guitar parts to suit my playing style, but this thing was thrown together fairly fast and It's kind of confusing me , :o so i kept it as basic as i could.

I just looked at the clock and appears i've been working on this one since i got home from school. Tell me what you think, Any tips are appreciated.

The html tab is in the zip file

edit: I changed the chorus, the fills should sound much better, and I changed the verse a little, comment back

PS: I know not many are into this kind of music but just listen to it without prejudice and hopefully someone out there can give me some positive criticism hehe :D

(leave ur URL here and I'll crit back asap)

phizzle
12-05-2005, 09:56 PM
very nice mate. I can't really add anything but from listening to the midi it has some really catchy parts. To me it seemed a bit to much at times but it would sound alot different in real life. Keep it up.

opivy21
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
I really like it. The chorus is good but the little runs sound a little bit rushed. I liked the Irish 'vibe' though, nice song.

Chubz
12-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks, well I updated it, and now the chorus and verse should run more smooth. Tell me what you think guuys, i'm working on lyrics.

hthedinga
12-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I agree, the chorus runs sound a little rushed. Definately had some catchy parts, not bad. Maybe make it so it's not so much just part after part with things you've heard before, but have something new in the middle or towards the end and have part(s) where not everyone is playing. Nice work.

I actually made a couple little ska-type songs back in high school. I've never really gotten used to power tab - it seems to take too long so this one I did using noteworthy composer. Check them out:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4562093#post4562093