Playin live for the first time......

PDA

View Full Version : Playin live for the first time......

Greggles
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Our band are playing in the schools talent show next Friday, it's the first time we've played to a big crowd (likely to be 300 people) and we are doing it twice. Were going to play 2 songs, 1 we have written, but we hav no words, and Arctic Monkeys- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (we havnt comfirmed that we will be doing that song yet, we might do somehthing else). We need tips (which 1 to play first, any other songs that we could do, etc). plz plz plz. Thanks ;)

ToolBass_dude
12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
can you add another song? if you could do three, then you could open with one of the covers (so everyone gets in a good mood) then play your own, then end with another well known cover, which will stick in their minds.

if not, id say do original first, then cover.

Sir Edwin CBE
12-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Original Song after the cover to warm them up. Good luck with it too.

ToolBass_dude
12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
^but if the original is poor or not well recieved then it'll leave an empty space where a big finish with a familiar song would've fit perfectly.

bettyswollox
12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Awesome choice, another good cover song that would go down well would be Futureheads- Hounds of love. If you could play three songs, play a cover either side of your own song. Otherwise, i'd say play your song first, then end on i bet you look good on the dancefloor.

quinny1089
12-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Awesome choice, another good cover song that would go down well would be Futureheads- Hounds of love.

that songs bloody awful....dont play that song....

but it would be a gd idea to get another cover done and play your own song second between the covers

geenday409
12-09-2005, 11:12 PM
ya do the cover first. cus most people who dont pay much attention to music just dont understand the greatness of originals.

That_Pink_Queen
12-09-2005, 11:16 PM
^Do a decent job, and they will think you're geniuses when they learn its yours. Non guitarist are dumb like that.