Business Applications

PDA

View Full Version : Business Applications

Dutch_Apples
12-07-2005, 05:56 PM
I have finally obtained the resources to start making some serious money in music. The people I am working with "guys in my band" all want to start working on these projects with me with different people doing different task. We want to open a booking agency, publishing company, along with a private instruction studio. My question is, should I register these businesses under the same name... or would it be smart to have a different name for each "business?" The money made is going to different people.

Corwinoid
12-07-2005, 06:08 PM
It would be wise to consult with a business lawyer, if you're serious about it, and go over the situation in a lot more detail than you have here.

Business plans for each, including planned operation and the distribution of revenue would be good as well.

shadowofbodom
12-07-2005, 07:01 PM
yeah talking to a lawyer is probably your best bet. they can tell you what you're going to need, like licenses etc..

SilentDeftone
12-07-2005, 07:24 PM
*moved* to the new forum! ;)

-SD :dance:

goathair_3
12-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Read "Label Lauch." Very informative about this sort of thing. Also, check out all the different What You Need to Know About the Music Business type books.

Chuck Mott
08-20-2011, 08:52 AM
All completely different businesses. Narrow your focus to one or two ideas and develop laser focus on those.

AlanHB
08-21-2011, 08:24 AM
***Closed due to 2005 bump***