school

PDA

View Full Version : school

zwart_gitaar
12-12-2005, 12:54 AM
me and my band (gear head) are playing at a talent show next year I was wantin' to know what is a good way to make the show exciting.Sadly we do not have enough cash to go nirvana on our gear
any tips?
thanks
P.S I think where gonna play in the name of tragety by motor head (sorry for misspells)

happymadison45
12-12-2005, 12:57 AM
you gotta do the stage stuff like gwar does man, if you can top a gwar show, you rule

zwart_gitaar
12-12-2005, 01:03 AM
dude.......that would be ****in' impossible.....plus its a school of people 15 years old tops!

the glue man
12-12-2005, 01:20 AM
If you like Nirvana, play School. Or Scentless Apprentice. Start a mosh, everybody would be talking about your band if you do it at a talent show.

Remebol
12-12-2005, 03:24 PM
work on stage movement, work on band cordination, like try to minamilize (weird word) as few errors as possible. Also if try to get every one to break that stage fright wall they have if any. I dunno, its not really trying to work on being cool, its more like worrying on not looking bad, at least how i think of it, cuase if u go out of ur way to look cool, u might make a fool out of ur self, but if u "keep it real" and try not to look ametures, then its all good lol.

bmarsolo
12-21-2005, 10:05 PM
I believe you're looking for the word Minimize, anyway Im going through the exact same thought process right now. I think if you just play well and have fun then the crowd will have fun too.

phrank
12-23-2005, 12:12 AM
If you're good, play extra EXTRA loud, so loud it almost deafens the people at the front! It gives you like a sense of superiority, and makes you more excited, which might make YOU more exciting!

Panic!TheLegend
12-23-2005, 12:29 AM
you could be Timmy C about it and climb the nearest scaffolding and rock back and forth on it....

Sasquach
12-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Well, seeing as to how it's a school, i'm gonna guess that they're going to get in trouble if they start climbing on stuff. Don't play too loud either, you DON'T want to deafen the people in front, you want them to be able to hear it clearly, not just a big jumble of loud.
Work on your stage fright thing if you have any though, my band played the talent show this year, and we needed to work on our stage fright. Ask the director if you can stay after rehearsals and play through your song a few times just to get used to the stage. You can look cool, but DON'T sacrifice quality of the sound just so you can do a knee slide when the guitar solo starts. Just be chill and you'll do great.

Bulletbass man
12-23-2005, 07:46 PM
buy an epi lp special or jr. If you only use a bridge buy the jr smash it up have a good time. Play aloud as possible and try something stupid. Best way to go.

edit: or a better guitar used off ebay

Slash Jr.
12-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Have the band get a bunch of wireless stuff and crap, so you can go out into the crowd. People will GO NUTZ. I've never tried it though. But I'm sure it'd be sweet. Have the lead guitarist run all over the place and stuff.

Baba O'Riley
12-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Sadly we do not have enough cash to go nirvana on our gear

FYI The Who were breaking instruments before Kurt and the gang were born.
If you like Nirvana, play School. Or Scentless Apprentice. Start a mosh, everybody would be talking about your band if you do it at a talent show.

I disagree about School and Scentless Apprentice. They are good uptempo songs but no one knows them. I feel that if you're going to do a cover you should pick that's well known. As for the mosh he's at a school so I doubt he can start one.
buy an epi lp special or jr. If you only use a bridge buy the jr smash it up have a good time.

Have the band get a bunch of wireless stuff and crap, so you can go out into the crowd. People will GO NUTZ.

He already said he didn't have much money so that doesn't help him.

For making the show exciting, try to move around a lot (but not so much that you can't properly) and have a lot of energy. Try to get the crowd into it. Talking to crowd is a good way to get them involved, as long as you're not being a total asswipe to them. If you're really lucky you might be able to get them to sing along with you but that would be harder to pull off. Also maybe try to think of some gimmicks to use. Just make sure that whatever you do you do it well.

fender188
12-29-2005, 11:35 AM
buy a few strobe lights. Like 10$ at www.musiciansfriend.com . F**cking insane. Point one on your guitar while soloing and set it fast. It will show each time you move a finger.

timi_hendrix
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Just play and move around a bit. If you go really over the top and act like you're a guitar God people will think

What a bunch of prats

And laugh.