Songs for Bars

PDA

View Full Version : Songs for Bars

Dutch_Apples
12-12-2005, 01:34 PM
This maybe another annoying "What songs to play" thread, but I would like for someone to see the current set-list my band is trying to get down to see if we need to make any changes. Our instrumentation is Led Vox, Guitar, Bass, Drums, and I double on guitar/keyboards. 3 of us do back-up vocals. The places we will be playing at are a predominately white crowd ages 21-30 in a suburban/rural area. Here's the list:

Everlong- Foo Fighters
I'm a Believer- The Monkeys
Rum is for Drinking- Senses Fail
Silver & Cold- A.F.I
Take it Away- The Used
The Ghost of You- MCR
Wasteland- 10 Years
Superfreak/Can't Touch This- Rick James/MC Hammer
Cold- Crossfade
Cumbersome- 7 Mary 3
Beverly Hills- Weezer
Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard
Girls, Girls, Girls- Motley Crue
Whisper Song- Ying Yang Twins
Yeah!- Usher
Daughter- Pearl Jam
Sugar, We're Going Down- Fall out Boy
Mudshovel- Staind
What's this Life for- Creed
Photograph- Nickelback
Reinventing your exit- Underoath
Bat Country- Avenged Sevenfold
You Give Love a Bad Name- Bon Jovi

Stellar- Incubus
Landing in London- 3 Doors Down
American Girl- Tom Petty
Simple Man- Lynyrd Skynyrd
Wonderwall/Boulvard of Broken Dreams- Oasis/Green Day
California- Phantom Planet
Shimmer- Fuel
Crash- DMB
Collide- Howie Day
Higher Ground- RHCP
Let's Get it Started- Black Eyed Peas
Take on Me- A-ha

My Humps- Black Eyed Peas
Save Tonight- Buck Eye Cherry
I Don't Want to be- Gavin Degraw
In The Middle- Jimmie Eat World
Flake- Jack Johnson
Cult of Personality- Living Colour
I Ran- Flock of Seagulls
People are People- Depeche Mode
Niki FM- Hawthorne Heights
Honky Tonk Bonkadonk- Trace Adkins

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Any comments?

:)

any14doomsday
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Thats a pretty cool list, Its pretty eclectic.

LittlePott
12-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Good list, I think the best songs to play are the lost one hit wonder types from the 90's like:
Better than Ezra-Good
4 non blondes-Whats up
Semisonic-Closing time
Blind Melon-No Rain

Those are just a few I can think of but stuff that people secretly like but haven't heard for a long time are the best :D

SilentDeftone
12-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Seems like you're trying to cater to a wide wide audience with that list. Perhaps try to slim it down some - figure out what most people like and play that.

-SD :dance:

self-made_page
12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Titties & Beer - Frank Zappa

Assuming you have a jazz backup band.

Gutch220
12-13-2005, 10:51 AM
i think its a "colorful" set-list which is good but I'd shorten it a bit, unless your gunna play all day or something.

Greenday4Life
12-13-2005, 12:31 PM
well that would be an interesting set to watch...

PistolPeet
12-14-2005, 12:54 PM
insane! ditch the emo crap, keep the rest. especially girls girls girls!!

dontgotnoname
12-15-2005, 06:10 PM
k, one thing....bat country is an awesome song....but for like a bar, i dunno if its the greatest song to play...also, like the guy before me said....one hit wonders from the 90s are awesome to play, especially for that age group cause thoses would be the songs that the guys grew up with.

Some White Guy
12-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Irish Drinking Song - Its about drinking...

SilverSwizzler
12-24-2005, 02:22 AM
i hate it when bands at bars play songs like the ones you have on your dum list. only like 5 good songs on there...and they are flake, everlong, beverly hills, daughter, in the middle. bands that play that kind of ****e are in my opinion wasting the equipment they're playing on, and annoying me and making me want to jump onstage, grab the lead guitarist's guitar, shut up the rest of the band and play the star spangled banner while trying to break strings and drop the stupid guitat onstage after I'm done and make a mad rush out to my car and show up at the bar the next week

SilentDeftone
12-24-2005, 02:25 AM
^ Thus an example of what I'm talking about. He likes some of your songs, yet is turned off by the other genres you're playing. :)

-SD :dance:

Slash Jr.
12-29-2005, 10:57 AM
You have to find what they like and keep it. I agree with SD, they'll get something they like, and then turned off. You guys seem too colorful. Pick the type of band you want to be, and go in that direction in my opinion.

Dyaxe666
12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
your openign song has to be: "I rock ice" by hot boys and Big Tymers

thelifeandsoul
10-14-2009, 07:38 PM
How about Hey Ya, by Obadiah Parker. Its cover of the Outkast classic. You'd probably have to rock it up a bit to play in a bar, but its a great cover. I blogged about at while back, it has the video and tab linkage there. Also, I'll definitely be stealing some of your ideas above for a few more posts :) ... Daughter, I'd forgotten about that... hmm...

bellamy_morello
10-14-2009, 07:41 PM
:haha: i'm interested to see the whisper song

Bhale1288
10-14-2009, 07:57 PM
:haha: i'm interested to see the whisper song
:haha: I was just about to ask that but you beat me to it.

Sir if you could, would you make a video of your band playing the whisper song because I am very curious right now. :D

scguitarking927
10-14-2009, 10:14 PM
need a rolling stones song lol, brown sugar, jumpin jack flash, factory girl

and second to last song has got to be simple man, then finish it off with a BANG!!!

Tempoe
10-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Good sets, "Say it aint so" is a good one that the crowd seems to love when we play, also they like Basketcase, it has good energy.

axemanchris
10-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Come on.... how the hell did you find a thread this inane, after having it lay dormant for four years? Geez....

CT