Deep Purple

PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple

Pages : 1 2 [3]

beer bear
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
it's not bad but comes off more like a Rainbow album since the songs are kinda commercial and joe lynn turner is singing.

Yeah, it is more of a Rainbow than a Deep Purple album. Might explain why I don't really like it. I never really cared for Rainbow after Dio.

Trapeze_rocker
04-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Okay, right, what I was wondering is what people here on UG reckon about Tommy Bolin's playing and the whole Come Taste The Band album really. Personally I think his playing is fierce; a brilliant mix of jazz, blues and, of course, rock. So underrated! And the album itself....... is an undiscovered jem, thanks to all the Mk II die-hards. I mean don't get me wrong I LOVE Blackmore but he doesn't have anywhere near the levels of feel and emotion that Tommy exudes; take You Keep On Moving or Owed To G, masterpieces overflowing with said emotional depth.

Any thoughts anybody?

monwobobbo
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Okay, right, what I was wondering is what people here on UG reckon about Tommy Bolin's playing and the whole Come Taste The Band album really. Personally I think his playing is fierce; a brilliant mix of jazz, blues and, of course, rock. So underrated! And the album itself....... is an undiscovered jem, thanks to all the Mk II die-hards. I mean don't get me wrong I LOVE Blackmore but he doesn't have anywhere near the levels of feel and emotion that Tommy exudes; take You Keep On Moving or Owed To G, masterpieces overflowing with said emotional depth.

Any thoughts anybody?

overall CTTB is a pretty solid album for the direction purple was heading in. i really like tommy's playing and for purple he did a really good job of putting his mark on the band but not departig to far from the sound that was expected. the live purple stuff i have with him on it is interesting however it seemed like dave and glen had a certain disdain for the gillian era material. tommy does a good job but doesn't really sound much like blackmore .

beer bear
05-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Right then. I just bought Fireball, Burn and who do we think we are. I already have In Rock, Machinehead, Perfect strangers, Stormbringer, The battle rages on and Slaves & masters. Is there anything else worth getting?

MagicGuitarist
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
In Saturday I will see Deep Purple live!!!
can't wait!

ron666
05-14-2011, 07:26 PM
In Saturday I will see Deep Purple live!!!
can't wait!

Wow, lucky you. Where are they playing??

ron666

MagicGuitarist
05-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Wow, lucky you. Where are they playing??

ron666
In Israel :)
It was great!!!

beer bear
05-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm gonna see them on the 6th of December when they come to Finland. Can't wait.

stratmaster15
05-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Highway Star has as awesome solo by Blackmore.

JediRabbit
05-28-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm a Highway Star!!!

Awesome song.

deeppurple97
07-27-2011, 01:07 PM
im gonna see m in about a month!!!! so exited! sadly without ritchie, but still.....

TalkShowHost335
07-16-2012, 07:00 PM
RIP Jon Lord.

stef123
07-18-2012, 05:40 AM
RIP Jon Lord.

:(

stevetamer
07-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Very sad to hear of Jon's death, following his battle with the demon cancer. One of the great musicians of my generation. Tony Iommi recently worked with Jon, and said what a lovely bloke he was. I met him a few times, but never got to work with him. Blessings.