suggestions?

PDA

View Full Version : suggestions?

Diamond Dave
12-14-2005, 02:14 AM
hi, i'll get straight to it

i played lead guitar in a band me and some friends made for a school talent show playing 80's metal songs (judas priest, ozzy osbourne) and we were a crowd favourite and ended up winning

the problem:
i would like to keep the band goin and start doing originals etc but all the other members are already in a band that plays gigs and stuff. they say theyre up for originals and stuff but i know it'll just take the back seat to the band theyre already in. i also know that they will get pissed if i try to start up a new band but i reckon they should get stuffed. What do you guys suggest?

IlIk2plygUItAr
12-14-2005, 02:23 AM
Woah i totally geussed you lived in Australia when you said i recon they should get stuffed and then i saw your location.....AUSTRALIA! OMG LOLLLLZZZZZ

jk.

xyber56
12-14-2005, 02:31 AM
^wasnt very helpful

anyway on topic, y cant u join their current band?

beau05
12-14-2005, 02:33 AM
bloody oath, tell them to get stuffed and make your own band. you say you play lead guitar, id say thatd be a good base to start a decent band

obliteratus
12-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Can't you simply start a new band and keep that one? They also have another band, right? That way you give a chance on both and can decide later if it's worth to keep them or to go with just one. If people get uninterested, well, you can't do much about it.

Dutch_Apples
12-14-2005, 12:43 PM
I say take what you can get right now. But be undertanding that your band is their side project. If you start playing out, maybe you'll make connections and find another band of your own. Always look at other ways to get what you want. In the meantime, start looking for other people though.

Diamond Dave
12-14-2005, 10:20 PM
yeah their other band is described by them as "metal/hardcore" which isnt my thing which is why i wouldnt join that, they've brought out demo cds and stuff with that band and take it pretty seriously

DevilMayCare
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Wait...are you saying that they're allowed to have more than one band...but don't want you to do the same thing? Bit hypocritical that eh?

Resiliance
12-15-2005, 02:17 PM
That's the way it goes... You're last in line, deal with it.

raph8r
12-15-2005, 07:06 PM
that same situation kind of happened to me, where my bandmates were in two bands and so was i...however this wasnt "allowed" by either. i ended up quiting both, i still jam with one once in awhile, but now im all alone...needless to say i handled it wrong, just try play with others and jam with as many musicians as possible until something forms or until your current band takes you seriously.