Haha... get this...

PDA

View Full Version : Haha... get this...

pokeythapenguin
12-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Alright. Listen to this bull****.

My little brother (a senior in HS and also an aspiring guitarist) plays in his school's jazz band. The jazz band director is a ****ing bastard (I know this, I went there) and he's had problems with my brother in the past because he was not always great at playing. Okay, so anyway. Heres the story:

Last night, they played their annual winter concert, where they perform 4 songs and then the concert band goes on. I was there watching them setup (the curtain would not close; someone told me it was broken) and the 3 guitarists were plugging in their amps and the teacher goes over to my brother's plug, yanks it out, tapes the cord down, and my brother didn't notice. Seconds before they play, he notices he's not plugged in. He looked around with this confused look on his face, noticed his amp wasn't in, looks at the director, and the director motioned for him to sit down. (I later found out from my brother he said, "Don't worry about it, I unplugged it.")

So for the next 45 minutes, everyone else is playing, and my brother is just sitting there going through the hand motions. Eventually, he just gave up, and sat there, staring angrily at the director.

What is your guys take on this?
Personally, I think the teacher is an immature and incompetent prick. My brother played the songs for me the night before, and he was always present at the rehearsals and practices. Its not that he was bad. To be honest, other than the teacher having some vendetta against him, I can't think of a reason an adult would do that to a kid. C'mon now. Grow the **** up.

kevinm4435
12-14-2005, 10:49 AM
That's pretty lame. Musicians need encouragement, not discouragement. You could probably get the director fired (or at least in trouble) if you told the principle or whatever.

pokeythapenguin
12-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah, my mom went into his school today to sort that b.s. out. I think. If it were up to me, I'd go up to the director with a few choice words to say.

SilentDeftone
12-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Either your brother should be playing in the band or not be in the band at all. There's no need for him to play with the jazz band then not play the show. That's ****ing ridiculous.

-SD :dance:

telemaster1952
12-14-2005, 11:16 AM
i agree the teacher had no reason to do that

if the teacher couldnt show him how to play better its the teachers fault and he should be held responsible

Dutch_Apples
12-14-2005, 12:34 PM
If the director didn't think your brother was able to perform that night, he should have told him before the show. This sounds like a director who had rock dreams, but were shattered and he takes it out on the kids. It's a good thing your mom did go there, because this is stupid.

Ethicdoom
12-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Agreed.
Doesn't sound like much of a "teacher" to me.

mw7
12-14-2005, 04:53 PM
the band director is a f***ing faggit, i would take my guitar and wack him over the head with it

DevilMayCare
12-15-2005, 01:04 PM
He's certainly not instilling confidence in your brother and is highly unprofessional...sounds like my brothers sports coach to be honest. I can't understand teachers like that.

Some White Guy
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Your brother should of plugged it back in and played like a Megadeath song or something full on hardcore, acctaully... Why not do that at the next concert? Great way to get expelled/suspended.

raph8r
12-15-2005, 07:01 PM
yeah that's bogus, your brother has my condolences. i hate bias teachers. it sounds like hes good enough to play, even if he wasnt the teacher should have told him way in advance.

cactus
12-16-2005, 04:38 AM
keep us updated on this, sounds like a good story, anyway, that teacher really is a prick.

SilverSwizzler
12-24-2005, 02:26 AM
if I was the band director I would have actually stopped the band mid - performance in front of the audience, walked up to your little brother, held out my hand for him to give me his guitar, and asked him to leave right then and there, with the guitar in one hand and him in the other, walking out in front of everybody. just for fun, though

timi_hendrix
12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
That's disgusting.

sjones
12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeh, keep us updated on this, that guy is a prick.
He should be fired..

Dammit, I just want to kick that guy in the genitals, and I don't even have the displeasure of knowing the vaginacake.

AOF_Rules_24
12-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Thats just not right. If your brother wasn't good enough he shouldn't have made the band,, or should have been told not to come in advance. No having his cord taped and unplugged.. Yes keep us updated

PICKS r4 DICKS
12-31-2005, 11:17 AM
"immature and incompetent prick" -pokeythapenguin

nicely said

Rocker4500
01-04-2006, 11:44 AM
That teacher isn't a true musician by any means. A true musician would support an aspiring musician of a younger generation.
Please keep us posted, I wanna see where this goes.

Rock-god
01-04-2006, 12:11 PM
:( What a asshole, he deserves to be shot :no:

I would of just whacked it back in though, when i realised it was unplugged

Ubbe
01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Woah, that **** sounds like a ****ed up ****er :/

LedZepDudette
01-09-2006, 12:54 PM
That's dark. Your brother deserves an apology from the teacher and a big bag of cookies. I'm presuming he was pretty disappointed?