Joe Satriani Live At San Fransisco

PDA

View Full Version : Joe Satriani Live At San Fransisco

6stringwizard
12-14-2005, 09:13 PM
This belongs here because i am talking about joe satriani...
Does anyone knoe how to get that tone that he has during the live version of friends?
this may not be the place for amp settinge but my set up is a gibson sg through a marshall mg30dfx with a boss ds1 and a dunlop crybaby wah if that helps...
Does anyone know how to get this tone? if i gan get that sound then my search will be over and i will never change my amp settings again (i am talking about the tone on the chord intro)

buymyshiz
12-13-2006, 06:01 AM
him running just a boss ds-1 with some dd3's into his jsx clean or otherwise is nonsense,it'll sound horrible watever settings... I run guitar >> keeley boss ds1 >> barber burn unit >> mxr zakk wylde overdrive >> keeley dd3 (back of amp) >> jsx head (clean channel) this has a gud lead tone, duno bout the rhythm.

interested? message u exact pedal settings.chur

xxdarrenxx
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Well i believe that amp setting don't change sound just shape the sound ie. to bassy bass out to present mid/presence lower, to piercing high/treble out. If you'r amp sound shit at standard setting then the 3 eq knobs won't do much difference.

Evil_Empire24-7
12-13-2006, 04:16 PM
i have that dvd and u can see him talkin bout his rig.

buymyshiz
12-16-2006, 12:41 PM
I've searched the net for many months and asked countless musos in my area and it's hard to believe absolutely nobody knows how to get Satch's tone when apparently it's just a boss ds-1 into his jsx with a js1000 mojoe paf joe+ colouring... it's borderline conspiracy like no-one wants me to know,some big secret.

emad
12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
I've searched the net for many months and asked countless musos in my area and it's hard to believe absolutely nobody knows how to get Satch's tone when apparently it's just a boss ds-1 into his jsx with a js1000 mojoe paf joe+ colouring... it's borderline conspiracy like no-one wants me to know,some big secret.

What's wrong with u dude?
Yes he's JOE SATRIANI(the greatest electric guitar player)
But we need a focus here.He is awesome,yes...But you are yourself.try to make a wonderfull job that you can.
Joe became "JOE SATRIANI" because he just play he's song.
You wanna be "YOU"? do your best then some day we try to play your song.
I hope this gonna help you. ;)

PooKoo
12-18-2006, 03:49 PM
This belongs here because i am talking about joe satriani...
Does anyone knoe how to get that tone that he has during the live version of friends?
this may not be the place for amp settinge but my set up is a gibson sg through a marshall mg30dfx with a boss ds1 and a dunlop crybaby wah if that helps...
Does anyone know how to get this tone? if i gan get that sound then my search will be over and i will never change my amp settings again (i am talking about the tone on the chord intro)

If you hadn't clarified, I would never have guessed.