UG Classic Rock Band Bio Project #2

PDA

View Full Version : UG Classic Rock Band Bio Project #2

Floyd93
12-15-2005, 07:34 PM
If you remember, Fenderfreak101, Wilty00, Derigiberble, and I had a project earlier this year where we would make band bios and put them on a site. The first project ended, but I want to start it again. Come here to sign up to write a band bio. I will make a list of who's writing what in the space below. Post your articles in this thread. NO PLAGARISM!!!

Articles:

frippogenics - Allman Bros. Band
Stula101 - Black Sabbath
xxZoSoxx - Fleetwood Mac
ufossuck - Bachman Turner Overdrive
Fenderfreak101 - Cream
Deadhead31331313 (however you write his name) - Grateful Dead
Maet - Rush
BrainDamage - Yes

Here (www.geocities.com/ug_classic_rock_book) is the site (for now at least). Come and see what articles have been done before you sign up.

Also, if you sign up, actually write the article. Last time we got a lot of people who signed up and never turned in their articles.

Uncle Salty
12-15-2005, 07:55 PM
I'll do Aerosmith

TimiHendrix33
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I'll do Pink Floyd or Queen, with a little help.

me_and_my_esp
12-16-2005, 09:10 AM
do you want me to send in the who one again?

wilty00
12-16-2005, 02:14 PM
And also, 'cause Derigible didn't really make a point of it, ONLY SIGNUP IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO SUBMIT THE ARTICLE. THERE WAS ABOUT 3/4 OF THE SIGNED UP ARTICLES IN THE LAST PROJECT THAT MAGICALLY NEVER SHOWED UP. Bottom line is, only sign up if you plan on staying here at UG and are actually going to write it. Don't waste Floyd's time.

Hanzi_G
12-16-2005, 03:44 PM
do I have to write another Queen article, or can you guys just take the one I wrote for the last project?

Wankmasterwak
12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
I can send my Allman Brothers article again.

BrainDamage
12-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I'll do Pink Floyd or Queen, with a little help. If I had time, I'd help you out with Pink Floyd.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
12-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Yeah I wrote the Stones one last time, but I don't think I have it anymore....I could do Deep Purple/Rainbow/Priest or something like that if needed.

fenderfreak101
12-16-2005, 09:11 PM
I'd love to help out, and finally see this put into action, but i have enough work for finals right now.

I've got winter break soon, so ill do an article on Cream during that time.

Maybe even a few more, seeing as Cream lasted a whole 2 years.

frippogenics
12-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I might write a couple. I'd just wanna see some first to see how it should be structured and stuff. Consistancy is important for things like this.

Stula1031
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
I Call Sabbath!!!

I'll do 2 even.

If I could do The Yardbirds too that would be great...

Iruleeverything
12-16-2005, 09:53 PM
NO PLAGARISM!!!

Can I plagarize one on zeppelin :p:

wilty00
12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Heres my Aerosmith one...

The All American Band

Aerosmith was formed in 1970 in Sunapee, New Hampshire by 5 small town guys who just wanted to rock. The current band consists of lead singer, ?the deamon of ?screamin?, Steven Tallarico (Now known as Steven Tyler), guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton, and drummer Joey Kramer.

The Birth Of Aerosmith
Steven Tyler?s first band, Chain Reaction (Formerly ?The Strangeurs?), was first formed in 1964. Steven was the drummer, and the band mainly performed cover songs of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The yardbirds, and The Animals. Meanwhile, Joe Perry and Tom Hamilton form the band Pipe Dream, which is blues based.
Aerosmith was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1970. The first lineup for Aerosmith was Steven Tallarico (drummer and lead vocals), Joe Perry (lead guitar), Tom Hamilton (bass), and Ray Tabano (guitar). Ray Tabano left Aerosmith in 1971 and was replaced by Brad Whitford. Also, the band took on Joey Kramer to play drums so that Steven could be the lead singer, which he always wanted to be. The band took off when in 1972 when they were offered a record deal with Columbia Records for $125 000. Aerosmith entered the music industry with a bang, when their first album self-entitled ?Aerosmith?. In 1973, the It sold over 2 million copies in the U.S. and went platinum twice. "Dream On", just as popular today as it was 30 years ago, didn?t go over to well with the fans, until it was re-released in 1976 to become aerosmiths first ?Top 10? hit. Next, Get Your Wings was released in the summer of 1974. Wings stayed on the charts for a year and a half and has gone platinum 3 times. In 1975, Aerosmiths third album was released called ?Toys in the Attic?. It had hits like ?Sweet Emotion? and ?Walk This Way?, both mega-hits. ?Rocks?, the bands fourth album, went platinum immediately on release and is considered by some Aerosmiths best album.

The Dark Years
Starting in the 70?s, Aerosmith started being careless with their money. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were being known as ?The Toxic Twins? because of their hard drug use. These kids at heart from Boston were being taken over by the glamour of the rock world, and were throwing their careers away. The bands next Album, ?Draw The Line?(Obvious drug reference), did well but definitely not up to the bands expectations. The band tried to convert to more blues-based rock, and the fans weren?t into it. The bands next album, ?A Night in the Ruts?, was a bomb. The rage between Joe Perry and the band had turned from a dimlight candle to a raging flame. Joe felt the need to quit the band and pursue a solo career, and quit the band during recording. Jimmy Crespo was brought in to replace Joe, and this marked the downfall of classic Aerosmith. In 1981, Brad Whitford left the band and had to be replaced by Rick Dufay. Steven Tyler spent most of the year recovering from a serious motorcycle accident, so the band couldn?t tour and lost a lot of money. By now Perry and Tyler were throwing their lives away with their drug use.The band often got in fights and bet rocks of cocaine on them. Aerosmith had hit rock bottom, until the drugs began to be old news and the band began to feel the old feeling they hadn?t felt in five years. A feeling that the band had enjoyed for almost all the 20 years they had been together, through love and through hate, to be back on top of Rock ?N Roll.

The Recovery
After the release of ?Rock In a Hard Place?, the band?s wounds begin to heal. Brad and Joe begin to visit their old band backstage after concerts. The band signed with Geffen Records, and begin to feel the old buzz that they hadn?t felt in 5 years of being apart. Aerosmith re-entered the charts for the first time in 6 years when the rap trio called ?Run DMC? remixed the song into an incredible smash hit. In an interview, Tyler said (On the reunion tour of the band) ?We crawled out from under our troubles and got in touch with ourselves.?

A New Era
Aerosmith was back on top, in a completely different genre. Although the band had transformed into more commercially based music, they were still the leaders. Their hits ?Dude Looks Like A Lady?, ?Angel? and ?Rag Doll? tore up the charts. Their 10th studio album, ?Pump?, goes multi-platinum. The boys received numerous MTV awards, a grammy, and were inducted into the Boston Gardens Hall Of Fame. Joe and Steven were into rehab, and within a year both were clean. In 1993, ?Get A Grip? is released, and sells over 5 million copies. After the release of the double platinum record ?Nine Lives? in 1997, Aerosmith begins to work on ?Just Push Play?, and the album is released on March 6th debuting at #2 on the MTV charts. Earlier on this year, Aerosmith released their blues based album ?Honkin On Bobo? which is basically a tribute to all their influences. Aerosmith started out on blues, and the songs on the CD are the songs that influenced them to start their careers, and continue with them through the harder times. The Honkin on Bobo tour brought old fans and new fans together in the same stadium with the same idea. Rock ?til you drop.

What Is To Come
Throughout their careers, the five boys from Aerosmith have dealt with everything. Through friendship, through hatred, through near death experiences, to living life like it?ll never end. Somehow, they made it through everything. Through 30+ years, they?re still rocking like nobodys business. They?ve been to the top, and they?ve been to the bottom together. Aerosmith was inducted into the Rock ?N Roll Hall of Fame on March 19th, 2001, proving that they belong and that they truly are the ?Kings of Rock and Roll?

After All, They Truly Are "The All American Band"

http://www.aerosmith.net/wallpaper/aerosmith800.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1610000/images/_1613189_aerosmith.jpg

Wilty's Recommendations (By CD):
Aerosmith
Dream On
Mama Kin
Get Your Wings
Train Kept A Rollin
Same Old Song and Dance
Toys In The Attic
Toys In The Attic
Walk This Way
Sweet Emotion
Big Ten Inch Record
Rocks
Back In The Saddle
Rats In The Cellar
Draw The Line
Meh.. Nothing much on here. Go for Kings And Queens
Night In The Ruts
Once again, not much. I suggest "No Suprize"
Rock In A Hard Place
God. Just dont bother;)
Done With Mirrors
Thank god their back.. Let the Music Do The Talking is a Hilite from Joe's solo album... good stuff there.
My Fist Your Face
Permanent Vacation
Dude (Looks like a Lady)
Angel
Rag Doll
Pump
Love In An Elevator *My alltime favorite :) )
Janies Got A Gun
The Other Side
Get A Grip
'Cryin
Amazing
Crazy
Eat The Rich
'Livin On The Edge
Nine Lives
Pink
Just Push Play
Jaded
Under My Skin
'Honkin On Bobo
Baby Please Dont Go
You Gotta Move
Back Back Train
Stop 'Messin Round
Road Runner
Shame Shame Shame
The Grind

Sources Used:

Rock This Way: The Autobiography Of Aerosmith

www.aerosmith.com

http://vtvt.essortment.com/aerosmithhistor_rmfp.htm

Floyd93
12-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey, guys, to all of you who are resending past articles, don't repost them. They're already on the site. I'll post a link to the site soon. Also, I may not have time to check up here often. I've been quite busy this school year.

Derigiberble
12-17-2005, 11:11 AM
And also, 'cause Derigible didn't really make a point of it, ONLY SIGNUP IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO SUBMIT THE ARTICLE. THERE WAS ABOUT 3/4 OF THE SIGNED UP ARTICLES IN THE LAST PROJECT THAT MAGICALLY NEVER SHOWED UP. Bottom line is, only sign up if you plan on staying here at UG and are actually going to write it. Don't waste Floyd's time.

yeah that was a bastard last time, i had **** loads of articles waiting, and nobody was posting anything, basically thats why it all disbanded

Floyd do you want all the old ones?

hippiemusic101
12-17-2005, 11:26 AM
may i just copy n paste a whole page(of course giving the link of where i found it)?

Derigiberble
12-17-2005, 11:33 AM
may i just copy n paste a whole page(of course giving the link of where i found it)?

nope, thats illegal i'm afraid, the whole poin of this is so that the articles are written using the knowledge of the users of UG (not that that consists of much :p: )

hippiemusic101
12-17-2005, 11:35 AM
So cud i jsut change it up a lil?

Derigiberble
12-17-2005, 11:37 AM
nope because that would be paraphrasing :)

misfits385
12-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Thats called plagerism.

hippiemusic101
12-17-2005, 11:41 AM
ok im out (to much time)

edit: but if yall REALLY want jefferson airplane, i'll do it

edit #2: i'll do jefferson airplane i have a whole two weeks off, so i'm going to have a lot of free time

Floyd93
12-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Here's a link to the site. I'm still putting up a new color scheme, so it's not finished completely. I like the way the main page looks in green. This site may be kind of crappy compared to that flash one I made (which neither me or Wilty could figure out how to edit) but hey, it'll work.

http://www.freewebs.com/ultimatebandbios/Ultimate%20Band%20Bios.htm

HAHA, it still has a link to the old thread!

Also, here's a link to the much better (but impossible to edit) page. Maybe I'll make another one like this and find out how to edit it.

http://www.freewebs.com/ultimatebandbios/

hippiemusic101
12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
did u guys put this on google or somethin?

edit: i wrote a whole three sentences!!!!!

Floyd93
12-17-2005, 12:37 PM
^^No, its not on Google. It can get a little buzz if we all put a link to it in our sigs.

marchoso
12-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Here's a link to the site. I'm still putting up a new color scheme, so it's not finished completely. I like the way the main page looks in green. This site may be kind of crappy compared to that flash one I made (which neither me or Wilty could figure out how to edit) but hey, it'll work.

http://www.freewebs.com/ultimatebandbios/Ultimate%20Band%20Bios.htm
that green has got to go. you want something easy on the eyes, not something that melts them. the entire website needs a lot of embellishment really. more on this later though.

Also, here's a link to the much better (but impossible to edit) page. Maybe I'll make another one like this and find out how to edit it.

http://www.freewebs.com/ultimatebandbios/
AHA! that's the one minute flash program i referred you to! i can edit that for ya' with ease.

frippogenics
12-18-2005, 02:28 AM
I guess I'll take the Byrds as I'm pretty sure no one has or ever will choose to write about them despite the fact that they were a huge influence. But enough bitterness, I'll get on it tomorrow :peace:

If I get around to the Byrds, I'll fill in other very influential bands that haven't been done.

Derigiberble
12-18-2005, 07:56 AM
AHA! that's the one minute flash program i referred you to! i can edit that for ya' with ease.

marchoso i love you :D

Stula1031
12-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Ok I'll have my Sabbath done by Fri.

Andrewbiles
12-19-2005, 04:19 AM
I was going to ask if you wanted a sticky for this, but I see you have a website (but if you do want a sticky, just say).

Derigiberble
12-19-2005, 04:30 AM
I was going to ask if you wanted a sticky for this, but I see you have a website (but if you do want a sticky, just say).

that would be really good actually, because the last time, people were constantly having to bump the thread from 2 pages back so that it didn't get lost

:cheers:

wilty00
12-19-2005, 03:20 PM
marchoso i love you :D
Bitch :eek:

And yeah a sticky would be nice Andrew 'cause as Derigible said the last thread sortof died after people got sick of bumping it.

Derigiberble
12-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Bitch :eek:

shut your hole :p:

zxZoSoxz
12-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I'll do Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

I'll help someone with a Grateful Dead one... (that's alot to do alone)

maybe some more... I get off school wednesday, so I'll start then.

Floyd93
12-19-2005, 06:06 PM
that green has got to go. you want something easy on the eyes, not something that melts them. the entire website needs a lot of embellishment really. more on this later though.

Please, do so. It would be hella cool. Also, now that I think about it, the green is a little...err...****ty.

ufossuck
12-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I can do B.T.O.

Floyd93
12-19-2005, 06:12 PM
^^Gotcha.:)

I Call Sabbath!!!

I'll do 2 even.

If I could do The Yardbirds too that would be great...

We've already got a Yardbirds article. In fact, it was one of the first we put up. :)

Also, if you guys ask me, we need to expand this project. All of the project's "staff" (me, Wilty, Derigiberble, Fenderfreak, and Marchoso) need to make a thread like this in the Modern Rock, Metal, Nu Metal, Punk, Emo, Blues, and Other forums. Then we'd bunch all of the articles together on the site and put it in alphabetical order. This is just a suggestion.

deadhead313313
12-19-2005, 08:00 PM
I'll do Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

I'll help someone with a Grateful Dead one... (that's alot to do alone)

maybe some more... I get off school wednesday, so I'll start then.
If you want to PM about the Dead, I get off on Friday, maybe we can work something out.

And, I'd also like to do one on Neil Young. If anyone wants to help, PM me

Maet
12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I got Rush. Don't anyone think otherwise. :peace:

Floyd93
12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey guys, I made a logo. Go to the first link I put. I'm not quite done putting the logo on every page.

wilty00
12-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Now that this is actually stickied we kinda have to follow through with this one eh? ;)

private
12-19-2005, 09:58 PM
ok if i have time this week i might post 1 about pink floyd and maybe the who so if anyone wants to help PM me.

hippiemusic101
12-19-2005, 10:35 PM
wait do we have to post weekly cuz u make it seem like that private

can i send wut i have so far to someone to tell me if im doing it right(i sent it to floyd(some number) but i dont think he was on since)

deadhead313313
12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
So, yeah, I'll do Neil Young as well. I just read a book on him for history class, I should be up to the challenge. And I see you've got me down for the Dead. :cheers: mate

ufossuck
12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
If no one else calls them, I might do AC/DC, The Guess Who and Ringo Starr. They're still up for grabs though.

Derigiberble
12-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Now that this is actually stickied we kinda have to follow through with this one eh? ;)

:haha

yeah we can't just let it die like the last one

Lets just blame fenderfreak for that ;)

fenderfreak101
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
^:(

Floyd93
12-20-2005, 07:04 PM
ok if i have time this week i might post 1 about pink floyd and maybe the who so if anyone wants to help PM me.

We already have articles on both.

hippiemusic101
12-20-2005, 07:06 PM
hey read my pm floyd93 i need to know what u think!

ufossuck
12-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Now that I've sat down to write my B.T.O. biography, it occurs to me that I don't know what to do with it after it's done. Do I P.M. it or post it?

fenderfreak101
12-20-2005, 09:14 PM
^i think you should post it.

EDIT: I think we should have people sign up to edit articles. Just run trough the articles and see if everything flows smoothly, and check for grammar/punctuation.

Floyd93
12-20-2005, 09:22 PM
hey read my pm floyd93 i need to know what u think!

It's good, but post the final version, don't pm it.

hippiemusic101
12-20-2005, 10:53 PM
kk, im going to try to finish tommorow

edit: i finished before tommorow!

Jefferson Airplane:

How it all started:
Jefferson Airplane was founded from the 23 year old Marty Balin (singer/major song writer). Balin saw folk with rock and decided to form a band with similar characteristics. Balin picked potential band members from a folk rock club. He picked Paul Kanter (singer/songwriter/rhythm guitar), who recommended Jorma Kaukonen (lead guitar/singer). Balin wanted a female singer in the band as well, which he found in Signe Toly. The band also had Bob Harvey (bass guitar), and Jerry Peloquin (Drums). The band name was originally a joke by Jorma Kaukonen, who called them Blind Thomas Jefferson Airplane. (By reference to a friend who was a singer in Blind Lemon Jefferson for more info about Blind Lemon Jefferson go to http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/jefferson_blind_lemon/artist.jhtml) Jefferson Airplane made there first appearance at the Matrix (pizza restaurant transferred into a 100 seated music auditorium by Balin) in 1965, and then started to perform regularly at the Matrix. The record companies began to become interested because other folk rock bands were skyrocketing.

Changes:
Changes were made in the fall; Jerry Peloquin was fired and replaced by Skip Spence, and Bob Harvey was also fired and replaced by Jack Casady. In September Signe Toly married and from then on was known as Signe Anderson (married Jerry Anderson). Incase any one is lost the line up is now Balin (vocals/song writer), Kantner (vocals/song writer/rhythm guitar), Anderson (female vocals), Kaukonen (lead guitar/vocals), Spence (drummer), and Casady (bass guitar). The band had there first recording session that winter, although it did not chart, the band began to travel to more
Venues in San Francisco. Anderson gave birth to her daughter in 1966, and caring for her child and performing became a challenge. Spence also became very addicted to drugs and became unreliable; leading to the band replacing him (Spence went to a band called Moby Grape http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/moby_grape/artist.jhtml). Spence was replaced by a session drummer Spencer Dryden, who was later replaced by Joey Covington. Balin was able to find a replacement, Grace Slick, who joined in mid October 1966.

Charts Change As Well:
The Band was not really big until 1967. They gradually went from the 120s to the 40s. After a month of being in the 40s they were in the top ten. Surrealistic Pillow was there first gold album, and many more to come.

Side Projects Leading to the End of the Band:
Some band members had side bands as well as maintaining membership with Jefferson Airplane. Slick and Kanter became a couple and had a child. Kaukonen and Casady began to play with Hot Tuna (http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/hot_tuna/artist.jhtml) but maintained membership with Jefferson Airplane. Covington left the band and was replaced by the drummer from The Turtles. For there next tour they had (singer/multi instrumentalist) David Freiberg accompanied them. The tour concluded at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco on September 22, 1972, in effect marking the end of Jefferson Airplane.

Jefferson Starship?:
Jefferson Starship was started by Kanter, sometimes included Balin and Slick, and played Jefferson Airplane songs. Jefferson Starship ended up as one of the most successful arena rock bands.

Sources:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/jefferson_airplane/bio.jhtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Airplane

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/41141/biography

ufossuck
12-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Randy Bachman - Guitar, Vocals 1972-1977
Tim Bachman - Guitar, Vocals 1972-1973
Blair Thorton - Guitar, Vocals 1974 - 1979
C.F. Turner - Bass, Guitar, Vocals 1972-1979
Jim Clench - Bass, Vocals 1977-1979
Rob Bachman - Drums, Vocals 1972-1979

After the release of the hugely sucessful album, American Woman, in 1970, The Guess Who were at the peak of their popularity. It couldn't have hurt them more that that was when their guitarist and songwriter, Randy Bachman chose to leave. Of course neither The Guess Who nor Randy's careers ended that day, The Guess Who replaced Randy with Kurt Winter and Randy went on to form his next band, Bravebelt.

He called upon his freind Chad Allen, who was the original vocalist for The Guess Who, His freind C.F. Turner A.K.A. Fred Turner and his brother, Rob to form the new band. Bravebelt released to albums, Bravebelt and Bravebelt II but were ultimatley unsucessful. They were known buy a few Canadians whom they performed live for, but never a big name. Randy and Fred had wanted to be a hard rock band and Chad just wasn't very good at singing or writing hard rock, so he was replaced by another Bachman, Tim. Now they only problem was the name, Bravebelt just sounded kinda lame. In 1971 while eating at a truck stop in Windsor, Ontairio, the name problem ended. It was there that they spotted a trucking magazine called Overdrive. Turner then came up with the name on the spot, jotting on a napkin Bachman-Turner Overdrive as well as the more memorable initials, B.T.O.

They had a hard rock band and a hard rock name but one thing was missing still, a hard rock label. They were rejected by 25 labels before getting a break with Mercury. In 1972 their debut self titled album was released featuring one of their more popular songs, "Blue Collar". It wasn't really a hit, but still had them sharing stages with The Doobie Brothers, Joe Walsh and other big names.

1973 was a whole new year with a whole new album and a whole lot more sucess. The album B.T.O. II was a much more popular album, featuring "Let it Ride" and "Takin' Care of Business", which made it to #12 on Billboard. However before the band could continue Tim had left the band and needed to be replaced.

By 1974 their new guitarist, Blair Thorton had joined and their biggest album was released. Not Fragile rose to #1 on Billboard, taking with it a song Randy had written to make fun of his brother and producer, Greg's stutter, "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet". By this time B.T.O. was highlighting concerts with their opening act, Thin Lizzy.

After such sucess Mercury Records wanted more and after tasting such sucess, B.T.O. wanted to give it to them. The 1976 album, Four Wheel Drive, contained many songs that had been rejected for Not Fragile, but still had the sucess of "Hey You". Years after it's release, the band regretted the album, but they were to taken aback by sucess to have told Mercury no at the time.

1977 saw their next album, Head On, which wasn't the sucess they had hoped for and even worse, the last on they would record with Randy. Fred, Rob and Blair moved on, however. Fred started playing guitar for the band, being replaced on bass by former April Wine bassist, Jim Clench.

1978 saw the first album to be released with Jim clench on bass. Street Action had not had any effect on the musical world and foretold the future for Bachman-Turner Overdrive. They scurried to make another album hoping it would bring them back. The next year Rock n' Roll Nights was just as poor as Street Action. The band was put on hiatus and never got back together.

The original four members were convinced to reunite by a wealthy American company in the 1980s. They released an album simply called B.T.O.. It was completely unsucessful. They later reunited the Not Fragile line up to release a live album titled Live, Live, Live, which was also unsucessful.

Since then Randy has done tours with his former bandmate, Burton Cummings, his brother, Tim, his son Tal, his nephew, Paxton and others. He also recorded many albums solo and small time bands. In 1995 he went on tour with Ringo Starr as part of the All Star Band. He now has his own radio show on CBC Radio called Randy's Vynal Tap.

Tim Bachman sells realestate in the Vancouver area.

Rob Bachman inherited the name, B.T.O. and started a band to perform with. He's tryed unsucessfully to reunite the original band many times.

In 2000 Randy and Fred reunited to be heckled by Homer Simpson on that episode with the race horse.

http://www.tonebone.com/RandyBachman-playing-180h.jpg
http://www.mccoy.army.mil/ReadingRoom/Triad/07252003/images/CF_Turner_300x.jpg
http://images.heritagecoin.com/images/HNAI/75/616/616083001a.jpg
http://guesswhofan.spymac.com/guesswho/images/otherstuff/BTO.jpg
http://www.perfectduluthday.com/bto.jpg

Derigiberble
12-21-2005, 04:47 AM
EDIT: I think we should have people sign up to edit articles. Just run trough the articles and see if everything flows smoothly, and check for grammar/punctuation.

yeah good idea, last time i just put up the articles with very little care for spelling and grammer, mainly because i was lazy, but also because i never wrote the articles :p:

Floyd93
12-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Marchoso, if you happen to read this, can you put those two articles on the flash site?

TimiHendrix33
12-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Queen

Embracing the exaggerated pomp of prog rock and heavy metal, as well as vaudevillian music hall, Queen delved deeply into camp and bombast, creating a huge, mock-operatic sound with layered guitars and overdubbed vocals. Freddie Mercury, born Farrokh Bulsara on September 5, 1946. While in his early 20's, Freddie struck up a friendship with members from a group called Smile. Their names were Brian May, who was a guitarist, and Roger Taylor who was a drummer. In 1970, Freddie joined Smile when bassist Tim Staffel left the band. It was the start of rock band "Queen."

The new band honed their sound throughout the early '70s, and after going through a succession of bassists, finally found a permanent member, John Deacon, just prior to the recording of their first album.Queen released a self-titled debut album in 1973. Slowly but surely, Queen built up an enormous and dedicated worldwide following due to their bombastic stage show and such hit releases as 1974's Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack, but it was the Mercury-penned "Bohemian Rhapsody" off 1975's breakthrough A Night at the Opera that solidified Queen as one of rock's top bands. Further hit albums followed: 1976's A Day at the Races, 1977's News of the World, 1978's Jazz, and 1979's Live Killers, during which Freddie penned such hit songs (and eventual rock radio staples) as "Killer Queen," "Somebody to Love," "We Are the Champions," "Don't Stop Me Now," and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." By the late '70s, Freddie had become one of rock's leading frontmen as his image changed from his early glam rock look to an image that was met with some consternation from fans: he cut his hair short, grew a moustache, and dressed in all leather.

The '80s would prove to be puzzling time for Queen, as they kicked off the new decade with their biggest album yet, The Game -- scoring one of 1980's biggest hits, the dancefloor anthem "Another One Bites the Dust" -- and most successful tour. But instead of treating the successful musical experiment as a brief detour, Queen decided to explore dance music more thoroughly on their follow-up, Hot Space, resulting in their worst-selling release since Queen II. While Queen was quickly able to recapture their following everywhere in the world on the strength of such solid releases as 1984's The Works and 1986's A Kind of Magic (and a showstopping performance at the mammoth Live Aid benefit concert in 1985), the band's popularity in the U.S. dwindled considerably.

Mercury also issued his first solo album in 1985, Mr. Bad Guy. During a short break in 1983, May issued his first solo release, the four-track EP Star Fleet Project (which featured an all-star cast backing him -- Eddie Van Halen, REO Speedwagon drummer Alan Gratzer, and session bassist Phil Chen). Roger Taylor released 1984's Strange Frontier, and John Deacon was supposedly ready to launch his own side project, the Immortals, but aside from an obscure single, "No Turning Back," nothing was ever heard from the band again.

By the late '80s, Mercury was diagnosed with AIDS, but decided to keep his condition under wraps as he focused on recording further albums with Queen (1989's The Miracle and 1991's Innuendo) as well as issuing sporadic solo singles ("The Great Pretender," "Time") and an opera-meets-pop album with Montserrat CaballÚ entitled Barcelona. But by 1991, Mercury's battle with AIDS had taken a turn for the worse, and on November 24, 1991 (just one day after deciding to go public with his ailment), Mercury died at his home in London. On April 20, 1992, the surviving members of Queen organized a star-studded tribute concert for Mercury at Wembley Stadium (with all proceeds going to the newly founded AIDS benefit group The Mercury Phoenix Trust) featuring such Queen/Mercury admirers as Elton John, Guns N' Roses, Seal, Metallica, David Bowie, Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey, George Michael, and Liza Minnelli, among others.

Shortly thereafter, Queen regained their footing in the U.S. when Hollywood Records reissued their entire catalogue and "Bohemian Rhapsody" (and two compilations: Classic Queen and Greatest Hits) rocketed up the charts due to the song's inclusion in the movie Wayne's World.

Brian May's first full-length solo album was preceded by the single "Driven by You," which reached the Top Ten in England and was featured in a Ford car commercial -- winning an Ivor Novello Award for Best Theme From a TV/Radio Commercial. 1993 finally saw the release of Back to the Light, an album that was a sizeable hit in Europe, and led to May's first solo tour (which included members Cozy Powell on drums, Neil Murray on bass, longtime Queen sideman Spike Edney on keyboards, Jamie Moses on guitar, plus backing vocalists Shelley Preston and Cathy Porter). A year later, a live document of the tour, Live at the Brixton Academy, was issued, mixing new solo material with Queen classics. It wasn't until 1998 that May would issue a proper studio follow-up, Another World.

Roger Taylor returned to a solo career, releasing Happiness? in 1994. It's first single, "Nazis 1994," was banned by Radio 1 and several stores as it was feared it would lead to neo-Nazi riots. Nonetheless, "Nazis 1994" became Taylor's first hit single in England and was followed by two other Top 40 U.K. hits, "Happiness" and "Foreign Sand." Electric Fire, which saw Taylor add some slight electronica elements to his rock sound, was released in 1998.

John Deacon kept a low profile (perfectly content on leading the 'family life'), although he did reappear with his fellow surviving bandmates at a all-star concert tribute to Mercury in 1992. Deacon also supplied bass to a few unfinished tracks that Mercury left behind before his passing, which were finished off and issued under the title of Made in Heaven in 1995. Deacon has subsequently retired from the music business entirely, failing to even show up with his Queen bandmates at the 2001 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Discography

Queen

1973:Queen
1974:Queen II
1974:Sheer Heart Attack
1975:A Night the Opera
1976:A Day at the Races
1977:News of the World
1980:The Game
1981:Greatest Hits
1982:Hot Space
1984:The Works
1986:A Kind of Magic
1989:The Miracle
1991:Innuendo
1995:Made in Heaven

Freddie Mercury

1973:I Can Hear Music
1985:Mr. Bad Guy
1988:Barcelona
2001:Guide Me Home

Brian May

1993:Last Horizons
1993:Back To The Light
1998:Another World
1998:Business[EP]

Roger Taylor

1981:Fun in Space
1984:Strange Frontier
1994:Happiness?
1998:Electric Fire

Special Thanks to AOL Music (http://music.aol.com/)

Maet
12-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm just curious, is there a dead line for these articles?

Iruleeverything
12-21-2005, 11:28 PM
I think we should have people sign up to edit articles. Just run trough the articles and see if everything flows smoothly, and check for grammar/punctuation.

I could do that, I never have much homework, so just pm me any articles that you need me to check :peace:

Hanzi_G
12-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Queen

Embracing the exaggerated pomp of prog rock and heavy metal, as well as vaudevillian music hall, Queen delved deeply into camp and bombast, creating a huge, mock-operatic sound with layered guitars and overdubbed vocals. Freddie Mercury, born Farrokh Bulsara on September 5, 1946. While in his early 20's, Freddie struck up a friendship with members from a group called Smile. Their names were Brian May, who was a guitarist, and Roger Taylor who was a drummer. In 1970, Freddie joined Smile when bassist Tim Staffel left the band. It was the start of rock band "Queen."

The new band honed their sound throughout the early '70s, and after going through a succession of bassists, finally found a permanent member, John Deacon, just prior to the recording of their first album.Queen released a self-titled debut album in 1973. Slowly but surely, Queen built up an enormous and dedicated worldwide following due to their bombastic stage show and such hit releases as 1974's Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack, but it was the Mercury-penned "Bohemian Rhapsody" off 1975's breakthrough A Night at the Opera that solidified Queen as one of rock's top bands. Further hit albums followed: 1976's A Day at the Races, 1977's News of the World, 1978's Jazz, and 1979's Live Killers, during which Freddie penned such hit songs (and eventual rock radio staples) as "Killer Queen," "Somebody to Love," "We Are the Champions," "Don't Stop Me Now," and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." By the late '70s, Freddie had become one of rock's leading frontmen as his image changed from his early glam rock look to an image that was met with some consternation from fans: he cut his hair short, grew a moustache, and dressed in all leather.

The '80s would prove to be puzzling time for Queen, as they kicked off the new decade with their biggest album yet, The Game -- scoring one of 1980's biggest hits, the dancefloor anthem "Another One Bites the Dust" -- and most successful tour. But instead of treating the successful musical experiment as a brief detour, Queen decided to explore dance music more thoroughly on their follow-up, Hot Space, resulting in their worst-selling release since Queen II. While Queen was quickly able to recapture their following everywhere in the world on the strength of such solid releases as 1984's The Works and 1986's A Kind of Magic (and a showstopping performance at the mammoth Live Aid benefit concert in 1985), the band's popularity in the U.S. dwindled considerably.

Mercury also issued his first solo album in 1985, Mr. Bad Guy. During a short break in 1983, May issued his first solo release, the four-track EP Star Fleet Project (which featured an all-star cast backing him -- Eddie Van Halen, REO Speedwagon drummer Alan Gratzer, and session bassist Phil Chen). Roger Taylor released 1984's Strange Frontier, and John Deacon was supposedly ready to launch his own side project, the Immortals, but aside from an obscure single, "No Turning Back," nothing was ever heard from the band again.

By the late '80s, Mercury was diagnosed with AIDS, but decided to keep his condition under wraps as he focused on recording further albums with Queen (1989's The Miracle and 1991's Innuendo) as well as issuing sporadic solo singles ("The Great Pretender," "Time") and an opera-meets-pop album with Montserrat CaballÚ entitled Barcelona. But by 1991, Mercury's battle with AIDS had taken a turn for the worse, and on November 24, 1991 (just one day after deciding to go public with his ailment), Mercury died at his home in London. On April 20, 1992, the surviving members of Queen organized a star-studded tribute concert for Mercury at Wembley Stadium (with all proceeds going to the newly founded AIDS benefit group The Mercury Phoenix Trust) featuring such Queen/Mercury admirers as Elton John, Guns N' Roses, Seal, Metallica, David Bowie, Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey, George Michael, and Liza Minnelli, among others.

Shortly thereafter, Queen regained their footing in the U.S. when Hollywood Records reissued their entire catalogue and "Bohemian Rhapsody" (and two compilations: Classic Queen and Greatest Hits) rocketed up the charts due to the song's inclusion in the movie Wayne's World.

Brian May's first full-length solo album was preceded by the single "Driven by You," which reached the Top Ten in England and was featured in a Ford car commercial -- winning an Ivor Novello Award for Best Theme From a TV/Radio Commercial. 1993 finally saw the release of Back to the Light, an album that was a sizeable hit in Europe, and led to May's first solo tour (which included members Cozy Powell on drums, Neil Murray on bass, longtime Queen sideman Spike Edney on keyboards, Jamie Moses on guitar, plus backing vocalists Shelley Preston and Cathy Porter). A year later, a live document of the tour, Live at the Brixton Academy, was issued, mixing new solo material with Queen classics. It wasn't until 1998 that May would issue a proper studio follow-up, Another World.

Roger Taylor returned to a solo career, releasing Happiness? in 1994. It's first single, "Nazis 1994," was banned by Radio 1 and several stores as it was feared it would lead to neo-Nazi riots. Nonetheless, "Nazis 1994" became Taylor's first hit single in England and was followed by two other Top 40 U.K. hits, "Happiness" and "Foreign Sand." Electric Fire, which saw Taylor add some slight electronica elements to his rock sound, was released in 1998.

John Deacon kept a low profile (perfectly content on leading the 'family life'), although he did reappear with his fellow surviving bandmates at a all-star concert tribute to Mercury in 1992. Deacon also supplied bass to a few unfinished tracks that Mercury left behind before his passing, which were finished off and issued under the title of Made in Heaven in 1995. Deacon has subsequently retired from the music business entirely, failing to even show up with his Queen bandmates at the 2001 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Discography

Queen

1973:Queen
1974:Queen II
1974:Sheer Heart Attack
1975:A Night the Opera
1976:A Day at the Races
1977:News of the World
1980:The Game
1981:Greatest Hits
1982:Hot Space
1984:The Works
1986:A Kind of Magic
1989:The Miracle
1991:Innuendo
1995:Made in Heaven

Freddie Mercury

1973:I Can Hear Music
1985:Mr. Bad Guy
1988:Barcelona
2001:Guide Me Home

Brian May

1993:Last Horizons
1993:Back To The Light
1998:Another World
1998:Business[EP]

Roger Taylor

1981:Fun in Space
1984:Strange Frontier
1994:Happiness?
1998:Electric Fire

Special Thanks to AOL Music (http://music.aol.com/)

theres already a Queen article :haha

EDIT: Derigiberble is banned! :o

hippiemusic101
12-22-2005, 11:43 AM
since i wrote that can i have permission to put in my sig...

UG's Official Jerrerson Airplane Fan

or somethin like that?

TimiHendrix33
12-22-2005, 12:07 PM
I don't see a Queen article on here

http://www.freewebs.com/ultimatebandbios/current_articles.htm

BrainDamage
12-22-2005, 05:51 PM
EDIT: Derigiberble is banned! :o again?

fenderfreak101
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
oh god.

I sware he gets banned every time we start a project in here.

Hanzi_G
12-22-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't see a Queen article on here

http://www.freewebs.com/ultimatebandbios/current_articles.htm

they didn't put it up, but I sent it to one of the guys I think

EDIT: Here it is

Queen

Members:
Freddy Mercury-Vocals, Piano
Brian May-Guitar, strings, backing vocals
John Deacon-Bass
Roger Taylor-Percussion, backing vocals

Queen were one of the best bands of the 70?s, and they are considered the band ?that?s music defined the 70?s?.
The origins of Queen began in the in the hard rock psychedelic group Smile, which guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor joined in 1967. Following the departure of Smile's lead vocalist, Tim Staffell, in 1971, May and Taylor formed a group with Freddie Mercury, the former lead singer for Wreckage. A few months later, bassist John Deacon joined them, and they began rehearsing. Over the next couple of years, as all four band members completed college, they simply rehearsed, playing just a handful of gigs.
Queen?s self titled debut album was not very successful, but their second album titled ?Queen II?, was a breakthrough album. Their follow up to Queen II, which was titled ?Sheer Heart Attack?, also was a success.
Queen knew the expectations were high for their fourth album, so they labored long and hard to make the best music they possibly could. The result was a classic rock masterpiece and one of the best records of all time. ?A Night At The Opera? as it was called, featured Queen?s most famous song ?Bohemian Rhapsody?, which was described by Freddie Mercury was a ?mock opera?. They even shot was to be later called the ?first music video ever made? for Bohemian Rhapsody. The song became so famous that it broke the record at the time for the longest run at number one on the English music charts.
After A Night At The Opera, Queen became superstars in the music world, and were famous for their excessive partying habits, but still continued to produce great music at the same time. ?A Day At The Races? was their next record, and was also extremely popular.
?News of the World? and ?Jazz? were the next 2 releases, which included exceptionally popular songs like ?We Are The Champions/We Will Rock You? and ?Fat Bottomed Girls/Bicycle Race?.
In 1980 Queen released their last record that had the ?no synthesizers were used on this record? quality. ?The Game? as it was called, was very popular and hit #1 in the US. After this record, Queen suffered a downfall in popularity. This began when their mostly instrumental soundtrack to the movie ?Flash Gordon?, which was poorly received.
Their next record ?Hot Space? which included the new wave track ?Under Pressure? featuring David Bowie was only a moderate success, and their 1984 CD ?The Works? was only a minor success.
Queen?s popularity increased a little after their amazing performance at Live Aid which was a performance that stole the show. Afterwards, they released the record ?It?s A Kind of Magic? which was successful in the UK but not as successful in the US. The same was with their 1989 release ?The Miracle?
Queen released ?Innuendo? in 1991 which was liked and increased the band?s popularity, but rumors started to circulate about Freddy Mercury?s health. A couple of his friends had died of AIDS, and he was appearing skinnier and more pail every time he was seen. On November 23, Freddie issued a statement confirming that he was stricken with AIDS and was a closeted. The next day, he died.
After Freddy?s death, the remaining members of Queen held a memorial concert for Freddy which included performances by many musical stars.
In the years proceeding, Brian and Roger continued to do various musical projects, while John Deacon retired from the musical world. Brian, John and Roger reunited in 1994 to record backing tapes for vocal tracks Mercury recorded on his death bed. The resulting album, ?Made in Heaven?, was released in 1995 and sold particularly well.
Queen will always be remembered as one of the best bands around in the 70?s and 80?s and they still continue to influence bands today.

Discography (Studio Albums)

Queen (1973)
Queen II (1974)
Sheer Heart Attack (1974)
A Night At The Opera (1975)
A Day At The Races (1976)
News of the World (1977)
Jazz (1978)
The Game (1980)
Flash Gordon (1980)
Greatest Hits (1980)
Hot Space (1982)
The Works (1984)
A Kind Of Magic (1987)
The Miracle (1989)
Innuendo (1991)

hippiemusic101
12-23-2005, 11:34 AM
so can i put UG's Official Jerrerson Airplane Fan in my sig?!?!?!?

Floyd93
12-23-2005, 11:56 AM
so can i put UG's Official Jerrerson Airplane Fan in my sig?!?!?!?

Yeah, sure, do whatever you want. You don't even have to ask us. It's YOUR sig.

EDIT:

Oh, the Queen article is only on the first site. You know, the geocities one. I'll put a link if you guys want to see which articles have already been done.

hippiemusic101
12-23-2005, 11:58 AM
sweet
i dont think Marchoso read the thing tio add to the website, so u might wanna pm him

Floyd93
12-23-2005, 12:03 PM
HERE ARE ALL THE FINISHED ARTICLES!!! (http://www.geocities.com/UG_classic_rock_book/)

hippiemusic101
12-23-2005, 12:05 PM
job well done! we put it in our sigs right(the link)?

edit: wait im not in there?

TimiHendrix33
12-23-2005, 12:06 PM
I dont see either Queen article in there. I don't care which one goes up. But the site is looking really good.

EDIT: I think it's about time that we put the links in our sigs.

Floyd93
12-23-2005, 12:10 PM
^^Actually, we're not going to use that site.

Also, maybe we could merge the Queen articles together.

Hanzi_G
12-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Tim's looked really good, so maybe he could proofread mine and add anything I missed?

marchoso
12-23-2005, 02:09 PM
alright, there's a problem. i could put the biographies up but it will be a huge clog. unless someone can figure out how to hyperlink the articles to a seperate page using the same template, i suggest we go with this site (http://www.freewebs.com/ultimatebandbios/current_articles.htm). i don't see what's wrong it. seems like a sturdy and accesible format that's easy on the eys, easy to find which article you want, and easy to use/make.

K.I.S.S - keep it simple stupid

Iruleeverything
12-23-2005, 05:13 PM
there needs to be a picture of something on that website, like a picture of a guitar, it looks boring a plain.

hippiemusic101
12-23-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah, how bout a collage of the band pics! i will do it if someone gives me a program to do that

hippiemusic101
12-27-2005, 04:06 PM
someone needs to take floyd93's roll cuz he is nvr on anymore

edit: i mean barely on

dooda
12-28-2005, 08:13 AM
im an ac/dc fnatic i could do that 1

TimiHendrix33
12-28-2005, 02:35 PM
^It's already been done by SoulStripper7.

Hanzi_G
12-28-2005, 03:58 PM
someone needs to take floyd93's roll cuz he is nvr on anymore

edit: i mean barely on

yeah I see him on alot. Don't worry. He's good at organizing this stuff. Let him do the work.

fenderfreak101
12-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, i did a Jimi Hendrix article for school last year, so ill just post that after i proofread it.

So put me down for Hendrix too.

master
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
I have an idea. Why doesn't someone make a list of the people and the band they're doing, and give them a time limit. If they don't have an article written by the time it's due, their name gets taken off the list and someone else gets the chance to write about that band.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
01-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I know I said I'd do one, but count me out, I've got too much stuff going on. I think I said Rainbow, can't really remember though.

fenderfreak101
01-03-2006, 04:30 PM
^check the first page. ;)

ufossuck
01-07-2006, 01:48 AM
So, is anything actually gonna happen with these biographys or what?

zep123
01-14-2006, 01:25 AM
even though this was like a month ago, i'll try to do bob dylan (I might have to compromise that with my UG tim).

guitardude_43
01-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey man can I do AC/DC or Blink 182 please reply :devil: :headbang:

Cousin Kevin
01-16-2006, 06:06 PM
um... Blink 182 isn't CR

Hanzi_G
01-21-2006, 11:24 AM

You kids these days..

fenderfreak101
01-21-2006, 08:31 PM

:haha :haha

Im hoping youre kidding?

Derigiberble
02-05-2006, 08:26 AM
did this thread just die without me?

wilty get your arse in here and help me sort something out

fenderfreak101
02-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Yay!

Woohoo Derig is back :)

Derigiberble
02-06-2006, 03:58 AM
its about time somebody saved this thread from the shambles it's become, anyone seen floyd in a while?

wilty00
02-11-2006, 11:21 PM
did this thread just die without me?

wilty get your arse in here and help me sort something out
You should've PMed me :livid:

I had forgotten this was here after I got back from bannination. What would you like me to do??

Derigiberble
02-12-2006, 06:57 AM
well the thing is, i don't really know, i'm kinda lost without floyd, he just seems to sort everything

wilty00
02-12-2006, 03:29 PM
He seems to leave for long a couple month long hiatus every month or two. Gets rather annoying when someone sets these things up then doesn't follow through.

Wankmasterwak
02-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Where should we send articles?

Derigiberble
02-13-2006, 01:26 PM
PM me it or email lots_of_cheese@hotmail.com ;)

or you could just post it in here

Wankmasterwak
02-13-2006, 05:35 PM
This is the Allman Bros. article I did for the last project.

The Allman Brothers Band

The Journey for The Allman Brothers Band started in 1968. Brother Duane Allman?s manager wanted Duane to be in the next power trio- Just like Cream - but Duane didn?t like the idea, saying ?I ain?t on no star trip.? In 1969 the band formed consisting of Duane Allman (Slide, and Lead Guitar), Greg Allman (Vocals, Organ, Piano), Dicky Betts (Lead Guitar, Vocals), Berry Oakley (Bass Guitar), Butch Trucks (Drums), and Jai Johanny ?Jaimoe? Johanson (Drums) in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Allman Brothers Band played numerous concerts in the south before releasing their debut album The Allman Brothers Band. Critics loved it, but the blues-rock album found few listeners, attracting only a small grass roots following.
Their follow-up album Idlewild South (1970) was released to great critical success, and managed to be quite lucrative. Shortly after this Duane recorded Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs with Eric Clapton?s group Derek And The Dominos.
In 1971 They released their first of many live albums, Fillmore East. The album was another huge hit, and is remembered as one of the best live albums of all time.
Duane Allman was killed in a motorcycle accident on October 29th, 1971 in Macon, Georgia (on the corner of Hillcrest and Barlett), not long after Fillmore East was certified gold. A truck was turning a fair distance ahead of him when it stopped dead in the intersection. Duane lost control of his triumph motorcycle while trying to pull left and was thrown from the bike, crushing internal organs. Her died hours later. From then on Ronnie Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd would dedicate ?Free Bird? to Duane Allman.
Dicky Betts took up Duane?s role and finished the album, which was entitled Eat A Peach after one of Duane?s interview lines, in response to the question ?How are you helping the revolution?? To which Duane replied ?There ain?t no revolution, it?s evolution, but every time I?m in Georgia I eat a peach for peace.?
The band kept the name and even played a few concerts as a five-man band, until acquiring pianist Chuck Leavell.
On November 11th, 1972 Berry Oakley died in a motorcycle accident just three blocks from where Duane was killed (near Napier Avenue, and Inverness Street).
Oakley was replaced by Lamar Williams, who helped finish the next album, Brothers and Sisters.
By this time the Allman Brothers were one of the biggest concert draws in the country. One of their most famous performances was with The Grateful Dead, and The Band in Watkins Glen, New York on July 28th, 1973.
Slowly the band began to fall to pieces. Betts and Allman both started solo careers. Allman Married Cher, quickly separated, reconciled, and eventually separated again. All the tension in the band resulted in the album Win, Lose or Draw which wasn?t as strong as previous albums due to lack of participation by some of the band.
The band managed to survive until 1976 when Greg Allman was arrested on federal drug charges and agreed to testify against a friend and employee of the band. Leavell, Johanson, and Williams formed Sea Level, while Betts worked on his solo career, and all of them swore they would never work with Allman again.
In 1978 the band reformed with new members Dan Toler on guitar, and David ?Rook? Goldflies on bass, who replaced Leavell and Williams, both of whom wanted to work on Sea Level. They released Enlightened Rouges, which contained the minor hit ?Crazy Love?, but overall the band was not as popular as before.
With financial problems in the band and Capricorn Records, the band would begin another downward spiral. In 1979 Capricorn collapsed, with PolyGram Records taking over the catalog, and the Allman Brothers Band signed with Arista Records. The band released two more critically bashed albums, fired Jaimoe, and disbanded once again in early 1982.
In 1989 the band reunited, and were back in the public eye with the release if archival material by PolyGram Records. Warren Haynes (Guitar, Vocals) Johnny Neel (Keyboards, Harmonics) and Allen Woody (Bass Guitar) joined replacing Leavell and Williams; the former on tour with The Rolling Stones, and Williams dead of cancer in 1983.
The band then released Seven Turns. This was followed by Neel?s departure and a series of critically acclaimed albums. Warren Haynes and Woody both formed the side project Gov?t Mule in 1994. In 1995 The Allman Brothers Band was inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of Fame and in 1996 they won a Grammy for the Best Rock Instrumental Performance for ?Jessica?
In 1997 haynes and Woody both left the band to focus on Gov?t Mule full time. Haynes was replaced by Jack Pearson, while Woody was replaced by Oteil Burbidge. In 1999 Derek Trucks, nephew of original member Butch Trucks, replaced Pearson on Guitar.
In 2000 Dicky Betts was forced so sit out the summer tour due to personal and professional problems. Betts filed a lawsuit against the other three original members, which turned the temporary separation permanent. The band did release the cd Peakin? at the Beacon which accounted the yearly March performances at the Beacon Theater in New York City. The same year Allen Woody was found dead. Warren Haynes decided to rejoin the band and work on Gov?t Mule and The Allman Brothers at the same time. Hittin? the Note was released in 2003 to popular and critical praise. The Allman Brothers collected back to back Grammy Award nominations in 2003 and 2004 for performances of ?Instrumental Illness? from Hittin? the Note and One Way Out. In 2003 Rolling Stone named Duane Allman, Warren Haynes, Dicky Betts, and Derek Trucks to their list of 100 greatest guitarists of all time, Duane coming in at number two, and Derek being the youngest on the list.
The band is still playing with the lineup of Greg Allman (Vocals and Keyboards), Butch Trucks (Drums and Tympani), Jaimoe (Drums), Warren Haynes (Vocals, Lead and Slide Guitar), Derek Trucks (Slide and Lead Guitar), Oteil Burbidge (Bass), and Marc Quinones (Congas and Precussion).

Discography

The Allman Brothers Band (1969)

Idlewild South (1970)

At Fillmore East (Live, 1971)

Eat A Peach (1972)

Brothers And Sisters (1973)

Win, Lose or Draw (1975)

Wipe The Windows, Check The Oil, Dollar Gas (Live 1976)

Enlightened Rouges (1979)

Reach For The Sky (1980)

Brothers Of The Road (1981)

Dreams (Box Set, 1989)

Seven Turns (1990)

Shades Of Two Worlds (1991)

Live At Ludlow Garage: 1970 (1991)

An Evening With the Allman Brothers Band: First Set (Live, 1992)

Where It All Begins (1994)

Legendary Hits (1994)

An Evening With the Allman Brothers Band: Second Set (Live, 1995)

Peakin? At The Beacon (Live, 2000)

Hittin? The Note (2003)

One Way Out (Live, 2004)

Stand Back: The Anthology (2004)

Essential Allman Brothers: The Epic Years (2005)

Punk Rocker
02-14-2006, 08:20 PM
does anyone have AC/DC, if not ill do them.

Derigiberble
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM
AC/DC have been done

Punk Rocker
02-16-2006, 04:58 PM
damnitt i wrote the bio, uhhh i guess like they say think before you leap. Well first of all who isnt already done.

fenderfreak101
03-19-2006, 12:38 AM
ok, so, this is going NOWHERE!

where is everyone?

wilty00
03-19-2006, 01:49 AM
This happens everytime we jumpstart this project again. People get all excited and pile on the article requests then not a single one of them gets done and it dies again. I'm thinking its never going to happen.

Stula1031
03-19-2006, 10:51 AM
well, I was gonna do Sabbath but I have actual school reports that have been consuming my time. We should wait till summer before we get this started again.

Derigiberble
03-19-2006, 11:14 AM
jesus i forgot this thread even existed, where the hell is floyd anyway, when was he even last online?

Last Activity: 03-09-2006 12:57 AM

teh milf?

whats he doing?

without him this thing will just go under as usual seen as everyone else, myself included, has the mental capacity and workability of a sloth when it comes to something like this.

Pumpkin Pirates
03-24-2006, 07:46 PM
I actually wrote a paper on Led Zep for my English Communications class, but i dont know where it has gone off to now =(, Nice thread though

Hanzi_G
03-25-2006, 01:50 PM
without him this thing will just go under as usual seen as everyone else, myself included, has the mental capacity and workability of a sloth when it comes to something like this.

:haha Tru dat.

But in all seriousness, what is there left to do? I mean, if worse comes to worse, I can try to take over (or somebody else), but I don't want to let this thing die.

Derigiberble
03-26-2006, 02:13 PM
ok take over, i'm too lazy, basically i'll just keep posting here pretending i'm involved whilst you do all the work ;)

fenderfreak101
03-26-2006, 09:49 PM
^but still find time to make threads in the Pit about morbid myspace websites. :)

fenderfreak101
03-26-2006, 09:51 PM
This happens everytime we jumpstart this project again. People get all excited and pile on the article requests then not a single one of them gets done and it dies again. I'm thinking its never going to happen.

but do i get credit for starting the "impossible project?"

cause ive always wanted to be the starter of something like that :p:

Derigiberble
03-27-2006, 11:26 AM
yes you get credit...

and theres always time to look at dead people, thats what the internets for..... if your a necrophiliac :eek:

fenderfreak101
03-27-2006, 01:18 PM
yes you get credit...

and theres always time to look at dead people, thats what the internets for..... if your a necrophiliac :eek:

which we all know i am.

get-born
04-04-2006, 04:51 PM
can i have led zeppelin?

Derigiberble
04-05-2006, 01:04 PM
can i have led zeppelin?

LOL no

get-born
04-05-2006, 03:41 PM
why not?

get-born
04-05-2006, 08:50 PM
can i do ted nugent?

Guitar344
04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Heres my Aerosmith one...

The All American Band

Aerosmith was formed in 1970 in Sunapee, New Hampshire by 5 small town guys who just wanted to rock. The current band consists of lead singer, ?the deamon of ?screamin?, Steven Tallarico (Now known as Steven Tyler), guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton, and drummer Joey Kramer.

The Birth Of Aerosmith
Steven Tyler?s first band, Chain Reaction (Formerly ?The Strangeurs?), was first formed in 1964. Steven was the drummer, and the band mainly performed cover songs of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The yardbirds, and The Animals. Meanwhile, Joe Perry and Tom Hamilton form the band Pipe Dream, which is blues based.
Aerosmith was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1970. The first lineup for Aerosmith was Steven Tallarico (drummer and lead vocals), Joe Perry (lead guitar), Tom Hamilton (bass), and Ray Tabano (guitar). Ray Tabano left Aerosmith in 1971 and was replaced by Brad Whitford. Also, the band took on Joey Kramer to play drums so that Steven could be the lead singer, which he always wanted to be. The band took off when in 1972 when they were offered a record deal with Columbia Records for $125 000. Aerosmith entered the music industry with a bang, when their first album self-entitled ?Aerosmith?. In 1973, the It sold over 2 million copies in the U.S. and went platinum twice. "Dream On", just as popular today as it was 30 years ago, didn?t go over to well with the fans, until it was re-released in 1976 to become aerosmiths first ?Top 10? hit. Next, Get Your Wings was released in the summer of 1974. Wings stayed on the charts for a year and a half and has gone platinum 3 times. In 1975, Aerosmiths third album was released called ?Toys in the Attic?. It had hits like ?Sweet Emotion? and ?Walk This Way?, both mega-hits. ?Rocks?, the bands fourth album, went platinum immediately on release and is considered by some Aerosmiths best album.

The Dark Years
Starting in the 70?s, Aerosmith started being careless with their money. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were being known as ?The Toxic Twins? because of their hard drug use. These kids at heart from Boston were being taken over by the glamour of the rock world, and were throwing their careers away. The bands next Album, ?Draw The Line?(Obvious drug reference), did well but definitely not up to the bands expectations. The band tried to convert to more blues-based rock, and the fans weren?t into it. The bands next album, ?A Night in the Ruts?, was a bomb. The rage between Joe Perry and the band had turned from a dimlight candle to a raging flame. Joe felt the need to quit the band and pursue a solo career, and quit the band during recording. Jimmy Crespo was brought in to replace Joe, and this marked the downfall of classic Aerosmith. In 1981, Brad Whitford left the band and had to be replaced by Rick Dufay. Steven Tyler spent most of the year recovering from a serious motorcycle accident, so the band couldn?t tour and lost a lot of money. By now Perry and Tyler were throwing their lives away with their drug use.The band often got in fights and bet rocks of cocaine on them. Aerosmith had hit rock bottom, until the drugs began to be old news and the band began to feel the old feeling they hadn?t felt in five years. A feeling that the band had enjoyed for almost all the 20 years they had been together, through love and through hate, to be back on top of Rock ?N Roll.

The Recovery
After the release of ?Rock In a Hard Place?, the band?s wounds begin to heal. Brad and Joe begin to visit their old band backstage after concerts. The band signed with Geffen Records, and begin to feel the old buzz that they hadn?t felt in 5 years of being apart. Aerosmith re-entered the charts for the first time in 6 years when the rap trio called ?Run DMC? remixed the song into an incredible smash hit. In an interview, Tyler said (On the reunion tour of the band) ?We crawled out from under our troubles and got in touch with ourselves.?

A New Era
Aerosmith was back on top, in a completely different genre. Although the band had transformed into more commercially based music, they were still the leaders. Their hits ?Dude Looks Like A Lady?, ?Angel? and ?Rag Doll? tore up the charts. Their 10th studio album, ?Pump?, goes multi-platinum. The boys received numerous MTV awards, a grammy, and were inducted into the Boston Gardens Hall Of Fame. Joe and Steven were into rehab, and within a year both were clean. In 1993, ?Get A Grip? is released, and sells over 5 million copies. After the release of the double platinum record ?Nine Lives? in 1997, Aerosmith begins to work on ?Just Push Play?, and the album is released on March 6th debuting at #2 on the MTV charts. Earlier on this year, Aerosmith released their blues based album ?Honkin On Bobo? which is basically a tribute to all their influences. Aerosmith started out on blues, and the songs on the CD are the songs that influenced them to start their careers, and continue with them through the harder times. The Honkin on Bobo tour brought old fans and new fans together in the same stadium with the same idea. Rock ?til you drop.

What Is To Come
Throughout their careers, the five boys from Aerosmith have dealt with everything. Through friendship, through hatred, through near death experiences, to living life like it?ll never end. Somehow, they made it through everything. Through 30+ years, they?re still rocking like nobodys business. They?ve been to the top, and they?ve been to the bottom together. Aerosmith was inducted into the Rock ?N Roll Hall of Fame on March 19th, 2001, proving that they belong and that they truly are the ?Kings of Rock and Roll?

After All, They Truly Are "The All American Band"

http://www.aerosmith.net/wallpaper/aerosmith800.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1610000/images/_1613189_aerosmith.jpg

Wilty's Recommendations (By CD):
Aerosmith
Dream On
Mama Kin
Get Your Wings
Train Kept A Rollin
Same Old Song and Dance
Toys In The Attic
Toys In The Attic
Walk This Way
Sweet Emotion
Big Ten Inch Record
Rocks
Back In The Saddle
Rats In The Cellar
Draw The Line
Meh.. Nothing much on here. Go for Kings And Queens
Night In The Ruts
Once again, not much. I suggest "No Suprize"
Rock In A Hard Place
God. Just dont bother;)
Done With Mirrors
Thank god their back.. Let the Music Do The Talking is a Hilite from Joe's solo album... good stuff there.
My Fist Your Face
Permanent Vacation
Dude (Looks like a Lady)
Angel
Rag Doll
Pump
Love In An Elevator *My alltime favorite :) )
Janies Got A Gun
The Other Side
Get A Grip
'Cryin
Amazing
Crazy
Eat The Rich
'Livin On The Edge
Nine Lives
Pink
Just Push Play
Jaded
Under My Skin
'Honkin On Bobo
Baby Please Dont Go
You Gotta Move
Back Back Train
Stop 'Messin Round
Road Runner
Shame Shame Shame
The Grind

Sources Used:

Rock This Way: The Autobiography Of Aerosmith

www.aerosmith.com

http://vtvt.essortment.com/aerosmithhistor_rmfp.htm
you mus have copied that word for word from the internet. but if you didnt then good job.

Derigiberble
04-06-2006, 09:06 AM
ooo is this a claim of plagiarism towards wilty..... hmmm

and getborn, you can do led zep i suppose lol

get-born
04-06-2006, 02:52 PM
ok, thank you

wilty00
04-06-2006, 09:02 PM
you mus have copied that word for word from the internet. but if you didnt then good job.
If you can find anything in there thats plagerized, I will mail you my left testicle.

Derigiberble
04-07-2006, 06:00 AM
like that time you told me jesus was still alive and i ended up getting your right one?

how are you and meg gonna reproduce if you lose another?

Petunney
04-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I have a website on Thin Lizzy at www.geocities.com/petunney. will that count?

wilty00
04-07-2006, 08:01 PM
like that time you told me jesus was still alive and i ended up getting your right one?

how are you and meg gonna reproduce if you lose another?
I have my ways.

get-born
04-08-2006, 10:42 AM
LED ZEPPELIN Pt. I

1944-1967
The story of Led Zeppelin starts with a young Jimmy Page. After hearing "Baby, Let's Play House" by Elivis Presley his life was changed. Jimmy took guitar lessons when he was younger on a spanish student guitar and it seemingly came naturally to him. He became obsessed with the instrument and always had the desire to play. At 15 he accepted the position to play in Neil Christain and The Crusaders, This went well for about two years but then he became ill and was forced to quit. After his return he became better and then enrolled in art school at Sutton University, and then went back to guitar and became the best studio guitarist around England but then needed to join a real band again. So he put himself out there and got an offer with an already popular band The Yardbirds. At first he realized Jeff Beck was a better guitarist at the time and played bass, but after Beck left Jimmy took the guitar spot. Things were well, up until the slow demise of The Yardbirds. Then in 1967, Jimmy needed to put together a band a play some Yardbirds tour dates, this was the begging of Led Zeppelin.

1968-1970
Jimmy's original choice for lead singer was Terry Reid, but he turned down the offer due to contract diffuclutys and recomended Robert Plant. So Jimmy and manager Peter Grant went to see This young blonde-headed kid sing with his band Hobstweddle. They were amazed and asked him to join. Then they needed a drummer, even though Keith Moon was the original choice, John Bonham took the spot and the multi-instrument player John Paul Jones contacted Jimmy about playing bass and The New Yardbirds were formed. After an obvoius chemistry, the band was on a roll but needed a new name. After Keith Moon jokingly stated "The band will go down like a lead balloon!" Jimmy figured Led Zeppelin would do the trick. And after writing some songs and touring, Led Zeppelin I was recorded. The classic song from this album to most fans is Dazed and Confused - a Jimmy Page written piece which starts with a brooding riff from John Paul Jones' bass then moves up a gear for the solo, in which Page takes his trademark violin bow to the guitar for the first time. On the excellent Black Mountain Side, Page gets the chance to show off his nimble acoustic finger picking on the acoustic guitar, whereas on songs like You Shook Me and Your Time Is Gonna Come John Paul Jones shines on the keyboards. How Many More Times is a lengthy, high energy exit to the first album. This spontaneous medley contains, excellent wah-wah action and a bow solo by Page. It soared to number 1 on the UK charts and everything changed overnight. "We went from a small front in surrey to a mantion with 15 cars in the driveway." recalls Jason Bonham. After much grueling touring, the band needed a sophtmore effort that would again boost them, so Led Zeppelin II was recorded on the road. Led Zeppelin II was the first album to credit Robert Plant as a songwriter. What Is And What Should Never Be and Thank You showcase his tender songwriting abilities. Moby Dick was John Bonham's spotlight song and The Lemon Song or Killing Floor, as it was known in live performances, showed their blues roots, while hard-rockers Whole Lotta Love and Living Lovin' Maid (She's Just A Woman) made their way to US Radio. Led Zeppelin was the biggest band in the world.

1971 to 1974
The band needed a change of style in there music and decided to shock the world with Led Zeppelin III. Even picking up an accoustic guitar and mandolin for this album made it very uncommon for Zeppelin. For those diehard fans, songs like Immigrant Song, Celebration Day and Out On The Tiles were a familiar sound. Since I've Been Loving You, a blues tune in C minor that was recorded live in the studio, features excellent organ work by Jones and a killer solo by Jimmy Page. But there was also much accoustic work on the album, like the great song Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, That's The Way, Friends and Gallow's Pole. People were amazed and record sales and concert attendance proved it. "The element of change has been the thing, really. We put out the first one, then the second... then a third LP totally different from them. It's the reason we were able to keep it together," said Jimmy Page. And III is defedently one of Zeppelin's most underrated albums. Things were going well, Zeppelin was very popular in England and the US, and all was good. but by this time Zeppelin had a lot of great metrerial that had been recorded prevoiusly and never released, so they decided to put together an album with it. Also known as Led Zeppelin IV, Runes, Four Symbols and Zoso, this album extended Led Zeppelin's previous work. This album was recorded at an old workhouse known as Headley Grange. At one time, they were going to release the fourth album in 4 EPs, but, because of various delays, a single album was produced. Effortless confidence seeped through quality rockers like Black Dog and Rock And Roll. The Battle Of Evermore and Going To California carried on the band's acoustic tradition as displayed in Led Zeppelin III. The merging of acoustics and electric styles ultimately resulted in Stairway To Heaven. When The Levee Breaks shows Bonham at his best. This album and the epic Stairway made Zeppelin more popular than ever and the band was now icons.

http://www.bobgruen.com/files/ledzep/files/R.052%20LED%20ZEPPELIN.jpg http://www.op.net/~cinder/flags/led_zeppelin_stairway_to_heaven_flag.jpg

http://www.guitaralive.org/images/jp.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.ru/pa/im/RP-29.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.ru/pa/im/JB_Royal_Albert_Hall_9_jan_1970.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.ru/pa/im/JPJ-20.jpg

Led Zeppelin I
Good Times Bad Times
? Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
? You Shook Me
? Dazed And Confused
? Your Time Is Gonna Come
? Black Mountain Side
? Communication Breakdown
? I Can't Quit You Baby
? How Many More Times

Led Zeppelin II
Whole Lotta Love
? What Is And What Should Never Be
? The Lemon Song
? Thank You
? Heartbreaker
? Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
? Ramble On
? Moby Dick
? Bring It On Home

Led Zeppelin III
Immigrant Song
? Friends
? Celebration Day
? Since I've Been Loving You
? Out On The Tiles
? Gallows Pole
? Tangerine
? That's The Way
? Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
? Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

Untitled
Black Dog
? Rock And Roll
? The Battle Of Evermore
? Stairway To Heaven
? Misty Mountain Hop
? Four Sticks
? Going To California
? When The Levee Breaks

Recomendations:
Good Times, Bad Times
Whole Lotta Love
Since I Been Loving You
The Battle of Evermore

Sources:
Achilles Last Stand
Guitar World Magazine

Pt. II coming soon...

get-born
04-08-2006, 10:42 AM
how is it? ill have Pt. II done in a couple days...

CornLord
04-08-2006, 01:31 PM
My Van Halen article from the old site can be used, I don't care.

Here, I'll even post it here:

Van Halen was formed in Pasadena, California in 1973 by Dutch-born brothers Eddie and Alex Van Halen. In their earliest years the band went through countless bass players before deciding on Michael Anthony. The band found their singer, David Lee Roth, through Roth?s father, who owned a better sound system than they had. They decided to name the band Mammoth but they quickly learned that the name was already in use. Roth suggested they go by Van Halen and the name stuck.

The band played at countless Southern California nightclubs before being discovered in 1976 by Gene Simmons, bassist of KISS. He produced a series of now-legendary demo tapes for the band, including early versions of later VH trademarks such as ?Somebody Get Me a Doctor.? The band was rediscovered a year later by Ted Templeman, who ended up producing much of their work.

The band?s eponymous debut was released in early 1978 and changed the standards of rock guitar, especially on the instrumental track ?Eruption.? They put out four more successful albums?Van Halen II, Women and Children First, Fair Warning, and Diver Down?between 1979 and 1982. Then came a magical year for the band: 1984.

Their sixth album, 1984, came out on New Year?s Day of that year. The record was massively popular and gained them millions of new fans. In 1985, David Lee Roth abruptly left the band to pursue a solo career. The public wondered if the band would hire another singer and if they?d still be as famous. They didn?t have to wait long for an answer.

Sammy Hagar was brought in as their new vocalist and their first album with him, 5150, was the band?s first album to hit #1 on the charts. 1988?s OU812 was also well-liked and set the band up to headline the Monsters of Rock Festival in 1989. Everything was going well for the band until 1996, when Hagar left and former Extreme frontman Gary Cherone was hired.

A greatest hits collection was released that same year and the band convinced David Lee Roth to go into the studio and record a few songs with them. Apparently there wasn?t enough communication between the band and Roth because Roth thought he was rehired. They were presenters at the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards where a fight between Dave and Eddie broke out backstage.

Once Roth knew he was out once again, the band focused on working with Gary Cherone. Their only release with Cherone, 1998?s Van Halen III, is widely considered the band?s worst album. Cherone then left the band and Van Halen went into a six-year hiatus. During this time, Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth went on a co-headlining tour together.

In 2004, after months of rumors, the band confirmed that they had reunited with Sammy Hagar and that they would be embarking on a tour. Ticket sales were not as high as expected and Hagar has since quit the band again. Michael Anthony has joined him as his bass player in another band. The Van Halen brothers have yet to do anything notable, at least in recent years.

Discography:

Van Halen (1978, Warner Brothers)

Van Halen II (1979, Warner Brothers)

Women and Children First (1980, Warner Brothers)

Fair Warning (1981, Warner Brothers)

Diver Down (1982, Warner Brothers)

1984 (1984, Warner Brothers)

5150 (1986, Warner Brothers)

OU812 (1988, Warner Brothers)

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (1991, Warner Brothers)

Live: Right Here, Right Now (1993, Warner Brothers)

Balance (1995, Warner Brothers)

Van Halen III (1998, Warner Brothers)

ufossuck
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
LED ZEPPELIN Pt. I

1944-1967
The story of Led Zeppelin starts with a young Jimmy Page. After hearing "Baby, Let's Play House" by Elivis Presley his life was changed. Jimmy took guitar lessons when he was younger on a spanish student guitar and it seemingly came naturally to him. He became obsessed with the instrument and always had the desire to play. At 15 he accepted the position to play in Neil Christain and The Crusaders, This went well for about two years but then he became ill and was forced to quit. After his return he became better and then enrolled in art school at Sutton University, and then went back to guitar and became the best studio guitarist around England but then needed to join a real band again. So he put himself out there and got an offer with an already popular band The Yardbirds. At first he realized Jeff Beck was a better guitarist at the time and played bass, but after Beck left Jimmy took the guitar spot. Things were well, up until the slow demise of The Yardbirds. Then in 1967, Jimmy needed to put together a band a play some Yardbirds tour dates, this was the begging of Led Zeppelin.

1968-1970
Jimmy's original choice for lead singer was Terry Reid, but he turned down the offer due to contract diffuclutys and recomended Robert Plant. So Jimmy and manager Peter Grant went to see This young blonde-headed kid sing with his band Hobstweddle. They were amazed and asked him to join. Then they needed a drummer, even though Keith Moon was the original choice, John Bonham took the spot and the multi-instrument player John Paul Jones contacted Jimmy about playing bass and The New Yardbirds were formed. After an obvoius chemistry, the band was on a roll but needed a new name. After Keith Moon jokingly stated "The band will go down like a lead balloon!" Jimmy figured Led Zeppelin would do the trick. And after writing some songs and touring, Led Zeppelin I was recorded. The classic song from this album to most fans is Dazed and Confused - a Jimmy Page written piece which starts with a brooding riff from John Paul Jones' bass then moves up a gear for the solo, in which Page takes his trademark violin bow to the guitar for the first time. On the excellent Black Mountain Side, Page gets the chance to show off his nimble acoustic finger picking on the acoustic guitar, whereas on songs like You Shook Me and Your Time Is Gonna Come John Paul Jones shines on the keyboards. How Many More Times is a lengthy, high energy exit to the first album. This spontaneous medley contains, excellent wah-wah action and a bow solo by Page. It soared to number 1 on the UK charts and everything changed overnight. "We went from a small front in surrey to a mantion with 15 cars in the driveway." recalls Jason Bonham. After much grueling touring, the band needed a sophtmore effort that would again boost them, so Led Zeppelin II was recorded on the road. Led Zeppelin II was the first album to credit Robert Plant as a songwriter. What Is And What Should Never Be and Thank You showcase his tender songwriting abilities. Moby Dick was John Bonham's spotlight song and The Lemon Song or Killing Floor, as it was known in live performances, showed their blues roots, while hard-rockers Whole Lotta Love and Living Lovin' Maid (She's Just A Woman) made their way to US Radio. Led Zeppelin was the biggest band in the world.

1971 to 1974
The band needed a change of style in there music and decided to shock the world with Led Zeppelin III. Even picking up an accoustic guitar and mandolin for this album made it very uncommon for Zeppelin. For those diehard fans, songs like Immigrant Song, Celebration Day and Out On The Tiles were a familiar sound. Since I've Been Loving You, a blues tune in C minor that was recorded live in the studio, features excellent organ work by Jones and a killer solo by Jimmy Page. But there was also much accoustic work on the album, like the great song Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, That's The Way, Friends and Gallow's Pole. People were amazed and record sales and concert attendance proved it. "The element of change has been the thing, really. We put out the first one, then the second... then a third LP totally different from them. It's the reason we were able to keep it together," said Jimmy Page. And III is defedently one of Zeppelin's most underrated albums. Things were going well, Zeppelin was very popular in England and the US, and all was good. but by this time Zeppelin had a lot of great metrerial that had been recorded prevoiusly and never released, so they decided to put together an album with it. Also known as Led Zeppelin IV, Runes, Four Symbols and Zoso, this album extended Led Zeppelin's previous work. This album was recorded at an old workhouse known as Headley Grange. At one time, they were going to release the fourth album in 4 EPs, but, because of various delays, a single album was produced. Effortless confidence seeped through quality rockers like Black Dog and Rock And Roll. The Battle Of Evermore and Going To California carried on the band's acoustic tradition as displayed in Led Zeppelin III. The merging of acoustics and electric styles ultimately resulted in Stairway To Heaven. When The Levee Breaks shows Bonham at his best. This album and the epic Stairway made Zeppelin more popular than ever and the band was now icons.

http://www.bobgruen.com/files/ledzep/files/R.052%20LED%20ZEPPELIN.jpg http://www.op.net/~cinder/flags/led_zeppelin_stairway_to_heaven_flag.jpg

http://www.guitaralive.org/images/jp.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.ru/pa/im/RP-29.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.ru/pa/im/JB_Royal_Albert_Hall_9_jan_1970.jpg

http://www.ledzeppelin.ru/pa/im/JPJ-20.jpg

Led Zeppelin I
Good Times Bad Times
? Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
? You Shook Me
? Dazed And Confused
? Your Time Is Gonna Come
? Black Mountain Side
? Communication Breakdown
? I Can't Quit You Baby
? How Many More Times

Led Zeppelin II
Whole Lotta Love
? What Is And What Should Never Be
? The Lemon Song
? Thank You
? Heartbreaker
? Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
? Ramble On
? Moby Dick
? Bring It On Home

Led Zeppelin III
Immigrant Song
? Friends
? Celebration Day
? Since I've Been Loving You
? Out On The Tiles
? Gallows Pole
? Tangerine
? That's The Way
? Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
? Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

Untitled
Black Dog
? Rock And Roll
? The Battle Of Evermore
? Stairway To Heaven
? Misty Mountain Hop
? Four Sticks
? Going To California
? When The Levee Breaks

Recomendations:
Good Times, Bad Times
Whole Lotta Love
Since I Been Loving You
The Battle of Evermore

Sources:
Achilles Last Stand
Guitar World Magazine

Pt. II coming soon...

Page and Beck both played guitar at the same time. Page replaced Paul Samwell-Smith (it's his birthday:)) as a bass player, but then he took Chris Dreja's spot as rhythm guitarist and Dreja played bass.

get-born
04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
oops...

but otherwise is it ok?

Derigiberble
04-09-2006, 11:57 AM
its fine except that its about led zeppelin, at least its not overly gratious of mr page, then i'd have to do some "personal" editing of it ;)

get-born
04-09-2006, 01:16 PM
well, i had a lot about jimmy because his desicions are what led the to zeppelin made of led...

XMetallica73X
04-13-2006, 10:40 PM
oops...

but otherwise is it ok?and keith moon said theyd go down like a lead zeppelin

get-born
04-19-2006, 11:20 AM
^no, it was ballon, they just thought zeppelin sounded cooler...

distilledspirit
04-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Page and Beck both played guitar at the same time. Page replaced Paul Samwell-Smith (it's his birthday:)) as a bass player, but then he took Chris Dreja's spot as rhythm guitarist and Dreja played bass.

Did you seriously have to quote that whole biography?

muralichoudry
04-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Queen

Freddie Mercury, born Farrokh Bulsara on September 5, 1946.

Are you sure about the word 'Bulsara', cause it's a samll village near bombay. If i'm not wrong, this parsi gentleman's family should have had some kind of relation with that village. Parsis normally get their last name on what they do. I give you few examples,
Daruwallah(it translates 'some one who sells alchol'), is an Astrologer @ indiatimes.com
Nehru, first prime minister of india. 'neru' stands for small cannal in a north indian language and more or less similar in 'hindi'. Their family used to live adjacent to a cannal and they were called 'neruwallah'( the one living near the cannal) .'neruwallah' was too long name to say and it settled to 'nehru'.

Hot4Teacher84
04-29-2006, 11:15 PM
the guy who did The Velvet Underground and The Stooges on that thing plagarized it fron www.allmusic.com

TimiHendrix33
05-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Are you sure about the word 'Bulsara', cause it's a samll village near ay. If i'm not wrong, this parsi gentleman's family should have had some kind of relation with that village. Parsis normally get their last name on what they do. I give you few examples,
Daruwallah(it translates 'some one who sells alchol'), is an Astrologer @ indiatimes.com
Nehru, first prime minister of india. 'neru' stands for small cannal in a north indian language and more or less similar in 'hindi'. Their family used to live adjacent to a cannal and they were called 'neruwallah'( the one living near the cannal) .'neruwallah' was too long name to say and it settled to 'nehru'.

I'm 95% positive.

DownDark
06-14-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm 95% positive.

I'm 100% positive. Trust me.

Floyd93
06-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone. I'm sorry that I just left right in the middle of this thing. You've probably by now noticed that I haven't had much of a chance to visit the forums lately. I'll stop by periodically and check on things though. (twice a week at the least)

It's time to get off our asses (especially me) and get this thing running again.

BTW I can make some site banners if you want.

I've got one right here. What do you think?

http://67.164.201.80/rendered/cooltext20367225.gif

Derigiberble
06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Ahh i forgot about this, where the hell have you been bitch?

And i can't see your banner. :confused:

Floyd93
06-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Damnit I have to actually put it on a domain for it to work right.

Oh, and I've been pretty busy lately. I'm starting to get paid for my guitar work and stuff. I've gone in to the studio pretty frequently to lay down guitar tracks. I've also had a bunch of school stuff to do and have even accidentally gotten addicted to myspace and you may know how much time that **** takes out of your life. I think that I'll be back more since summer break is finally here (and has been half a month).

I'll try to put up the banner again soon.

Sorry for leaving in the middle of all this.

Derigiberble
06-15-2006, 02:44 PM
No worries matey, myspace has single handedly ruined my life. I'm not sure anything'll come from this at all, people are lazy, plus they're bringing back the AOTW thread me thinks. I doubt we could get this off its clubbed, crippled, flat feet again.

Floyd93
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
^It may be hard but we can pull it off. Maybe this can be combined with AOTW somehow. Then maybe the AOTWs could be put on the site as another subpage. We should ask Jono about it.

Derigiberble
06-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Hmmm perhaps, but Jonos a lazy bugger :haha I'll be surprised if he goes near the AOTW thing without a lot of grunting.

Floyd93
06-15-2006, 03:05 PM
^^Yeah. It's worth a try though.

Derigiberble
06-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah agreed, but you can PM him, I'm too busy masturbating over softcore pornography.

Floyd93
06-15-2006, 03:14 PM
^^AHH...you are too?! Damnit! I'll have to wait a few minutes to PM him.:p:

Derigiberble
06-15-2006, 03:15 PM

jono034
06-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Hmmm perhaps, but Jonos a lazy bugger :haha I'll be surprised if he goes near the AOTW thing without a lot of grunting.

it has nothing to do with laziness bro, it has to do with the fact that i put together and ran the last AOTW for months and had at least 20 people either not post their review, even though i took it upon myself to PM each person a week in advance of their AOTW, or they had to back out for whatever reason.

So it has to do with me not wanting to go through all of that again. ;)

rayIII
06-15-2006, 05:29 PM
hmm... I doubt I have the concentration to write a bio so I'm not signing up.

But instead of this we should have a BOTM/AOTM

BlueOyster23
06-16-2006, 12:43 PM

I think what we should do instead of the 'ONLY' Threads(though I am a fan of them), we should replace them with BOTM threads, so if someone backs out, we could find someone else to do the thread instead. Just a thoguht.

Derigiberble
06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
it has nothing to do with laziness bro, it has to do with the fact that i put together and ran the last AOTW for months and had at least 20 people either not post their review, even though i took it upon myself to PM each person a week in advance of their AOTW, or they had to back out for whatever reason.

So it has to do with me not wanting to go through all of that again. ;)

I know pally ;) i was just jakeballin' :p:

Just permaban the fuckers that back out. :haha

Floyd93
06-16-2006, 01:58 PM

The mods hate having to deal with those. They'd rather just let us have a project that we keep up with so they can do other stuff they have to do on here.

wilty00
06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
^It may be hard but we can pull it off. Maybe this can be combined with AOTW somehow. Then maybe the AOTWs could be put on the site as another subpage. We should ask Jono about it.
I'm going to be running the AOTW.. I'm just figuring out a system thats gonna work this time so it doesn't have to be shut down again.

Floyd93
06-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Thank God for wilty.

Also, I think this would work much better if UG didn't have so many lazy-ass stoners that don't post their articles.

wilty00
06-18-2006, 08:34 PM
The AOTW thread is up and running :cheers:

Floyd93
06-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Woohoo!!!

Floyd93
06-19-2006, 09:54 PM
I know this is a double post but it's been around 24 hours now so it shouldn't matter too much.

If anyone has any bands they want to do, just tell us. The band is most likely open for an article.

All the finished articles are in the following link (I think).

www.geocities.com/classicrockbook

EDIT: No it's not. Derigiberble, help me here!

BrainDamage
06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
^^"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

:confused:

Floyd93
06-19-2006, 10:07 PM
It's not there. I'll have to ask Derig what the actual URL is. I thought that was what it was but I guess not. I hope he didn't delete it!

BrainDamage
06-20-2006, 08:36 AM
^^it wouldn't happen to be this, would it?

http://www.geocities.com/ug_classic_rock_book/index.htm

Floyd93
06-21-2006, 08:07 AM
^^Ooooo I just forgot to put in the underscores.

BrainDamage, do you have any bands you want to do? It would make this seem like less of a lost cause.

I think I'll put the link in my sig and see if it gathers more people. If this gets more articles I think I'll start thinking about expanding it into the metal forum.

BrainDamage
06-21-2006, 09:04 AM
^^sure. I'll do either Yes, Joe Walsh, James Gang, or Petty and the Heartbreakers

Floyd93
06-22-2006, 08:24 AM
^^Which one do you want to do the most out of them? I can put you down for all of them for now. Maybe you can eventually do them all over a period of time.

BrainDamage
06-22-2006, 08:36 AM
hmm...I guess I'll do Yes. It might take a while...these guys have ahad some history :p:

Floyd93
06-22-2006, 08:39 AM
^^Oh yes they do. I'm glad somebody actually signed up for this after that long time of nothingness. Thank you.:cheers:

Derigiberble
06-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Ok i'm gonna revamp the site at some point using my 1337 website design skills.

EDIT:

This took me a fucking age.

http://imagecloset.net/8/06170923artists.JPG

Derigiberble
06-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Mwahaha double post i know but check what i've been up to today.

wow i'm hardcore, slash it's nowhere near sorted yet, i still have to upload the articles and stuff but other than that it's getting better.

Alec Freeman
06-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, I've been looking at this project and it looks pretty cool. I'm a decently experianced web designer and one of the things I've noticed about this project is that you guys are hosting it on crap free hosting sites.

I have some webhosting space with 4gb hard-drive space and 10gb/month transfer that I'm not using so if you want I can host your site. The problem of course is that you guys don't have a domain name.

So I was thinking either we should get something like http://bandbios.ultimate-guitar.com to redirect to the site or get a completely independant domain name like http://www.ultimatebandbios.com.

The latter choice would cost $6 and the first would require Dave MC's support and approval.

Just a suggesion :) you can take my help or leave it. I'm going to a two-week vacation though, so I won't be much help in the next two weeks.

If the leaders of the project are interested feel free to e-mail me (alecfreeman@gmail.com) or drop me a PM.

Thanks.

Floyd93
06-24-2006, 07:24 AM
^^The ultimatebandbios.com thing would be real good/ You should see if it will be okay.

Hey Derig, that picture is awesome. I like the banner, too. I have a question though, can it say Ultimate Band Bios instead of the UG Classic Rock Book. I know this is where the project is based from but we don't want the people who see it on google (hehe yes I know somebody who is going to get it on google) to think it's a site officially run by the same people who run UG.

Derigiberble
06-24-2006, 07:24 AM
What would Dave MC have to do with anything? :confused: He's not even a mod anymore.

EDIT: yeah i can change it no worries, you get PM'd by that David. seema guy too?

Floyd93
06-24-2006, 07:30 AM
yeah, he says you need to make a flash file titled google33a4049fbfeb02ef.html and upload it to the site. I was gonna ask seema to make a flash site but now I see you're well on your way to making a very nice site.

And on the banner, can there be an added "Album of the Week" section?

Derigiberble
06-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Yeah i can add pretty much anything to the banner, within reason. I'm not sure about this google flash file thing, if the site becomes big enough (which it inevitably will ;)) then it won't matter anyway, google's "spiders" will trawl onto it.

Floyd93
06-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Wait a minute, I don't even know what the hell he sent. What is the google thingymajig?

Derigiberble
06-24-2006, 07:54 AM
I have no idea, I've never used it before and i've still had sites on google. :confused:

Floyd93
06-24-2006, 08:59 AM
^strange...

Floyd93
06-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Wow, this thing isn't going ANYWHERE right now.

Bluesdriver90
06-26-2006, 08:22 AM
I can do Stevie Ray Vaughan's article if you need me to so PM me if you want me to do it.

Derigiberble
06-26-2006, 12:23 PM
He's been done, but if you wanna do someone else, feel free.

Derigiberble
06-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow, this thing isn't going ANYWHERE right now.

And no double posting :no:

... shit

Floyd93
06-27-2006, 07:49 AM
^^I thought it didn't matter if it was over 24 hours between them.

I put 48 hours between them so I thought it didn't matter.

EDIT: Oooo you're joking because you double posted. Wow I'm very, very slow.

Brandon860
06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
wow you guys are bringing this thing back, awesome. I wrote the Neil Young article last time and I tried reading it on the site but no dice...for any articles actually. So yah, if someone can tell me how to get to them that'd be sweet and I wanna know if I can do Rush. GO CANADA

Hanzi_G
07-02-2006, 05:13 PM
^^it wouldn't happen to be this, would it?

My Queen bio isn't on there! :cry:

*Throws tempertantrum (sp?)*

Floyd93
07-03-2006, 09:53 PM
In a week a thought it would at least be updated a little. We just have to wait for Derig to update it.

Brandon860, Maet already has signed for Rush. Maybe you could PM him and see if you could work on it together...

lacey_the_crazy
07-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey, I remember this...I wrote and submitted a New York Dolls article last time around, I don't it was ever posted though. Would you like me to resend it? (Well...post it in this thread anyway?)

BrainDamage
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
This project has seemed to slow down a little, I've got some free time today, so I'll start on my Yes article. Maybe I can finish it in a couple of days to get this thing moving again :)

Floyd93
07-14-2006, 01:48 PM
^^that would be appreciated

lacey_the_crazy: sure, post it

TimiHendrix33
07-14-2006, 03:22 PM
*Throws tempertantrum (sp?)*

It's two words.

And the links on the articles don't work. You can't click them,only look at a list of articles.

lacey_the_crazy
07-17-2006, 09:45 PM
New York Dolls Article ------------------------------------------------------

The 1960's were a time of experimentation, free love, and political upheaval, culminating in 1969's forever remembered Woodstock.
Following the "hippie" movement, however, music began to take a new turn. The early 70's birthed a whole new era of rock n' roll, in which we see the rise of punk, glam, and hard rock.
Punk music would quickly become popular, with the beginnings of The Ramones, Sex Pistols, and the Patti Smith group, but before this came a phenomenon onto itself, a band often described as "proto-punk" (referring to the idea that punk has it's roots in the band. Another group to share this label would be Iggy and the Stooges).

New York Dolls stumbled onto the New York music scene in late 1971, originally featuring Johnny Thunders and Rick Rivets on lead and rhythm guitar, respectively, Arthur Kane on bass, Bill Murcia on drums and, of course, David Johanson on vocals. Line-up changes would quickly ensue, as Rick Rivets left the band in 1972 to form The Brats. He was replaced by Sylvain Sylvain. Although the world, (or England, anyway), was already familiar with gender-bending glam rockers like David Bowie and Roxy Music, New York Dolls took the idea to a whole other level. In 1972, they were playing small but regular gigs in platforms, feather boas, leather and hair teased up to the point of fubar. They played rock n' roll- raw, straight up rock n'roll. The comparisons between New York Dolls and the more well-known Rolling Stones run rampant. The witty, charismatic David Johanson has been compared to Mick Jagger, just as Keith Richards has been mentioned in relation to lead guitarist Johnny Thunders.

Despite their obvious talent for putting on a decent live show, no manager was willing to sign them. The band was capable of some decent music, but their performances were often a hit or miss affair. The guys were vulgar, glammed-out and raw, and unapologetically so. And of course, drugs, as we all know, have always played huge role in rock history. With New York Dolls, this was to hold true yet again.

Having seen New York Dolls in action, Marty Thau signed on as manager for New York Dolls in June of '72, but a big problem remained: how to secure a record deal for a band that every record company is terrified to touch?

The band relocated to London and opened for the likes of Rod Stewart and The Faces, and things were looking pretty good. England, of course, was the home of glitter, pizzaz, and countless andogynous rock stars. Surely a record deal would be a bit less of an obstacle here? However, tragedy was to strike drummer Bill Murcia late in '72, when he choked on his own vomit in a hotel bathtub, after mixing Mandrakes and alcohol.

Following this event that might have proven fatal to another band, New York Dolls recruited Jerry Nolan on drums and played their first gig with him, (extremely successfully, I might add), at the Mercer Arts Centre, New York, in December '72. The band grew in popularity, drawing larger and larger crowds, until they were finally signed in '73 on Mercury Records.

Their first record, New York Dolls, was produced by Todd Rundgren and recorded in two weeks.Though the band was not entirely satisfied with the result, the record recieved decent reviews. Not only that, but the cover-which featured the band at their most feminine- stirred up a bit of controversy. Who the hell were these girly drug addicts, and what were they doing trying to make decent music? Their first national tour commenced in L.A., where reactions were mixed. Some people percieved the band as a bunch of weirdly dressed perverts, some percieved them as a rock n' roll band worth watching. Either way, the band's reputation only became more intriguing.

New York Dolls' second album, Too Much Too Soon, was released in 1974 to recieve little success. It was produced by George "Shadow" Morton. The critics were not impressed. At this point, the band was really beginning to stumble. Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan had taken to shooting heroin, and Arthur Kane was becoming heavier a drinker. The band as whole, obviously, was not doing well. Their second big tour, (played with Aerosmith and KISS), certainly had it's ups and downs. Although some shows went well, many showed little fan response, and New York Dolls eventually began played clubs again.

Frustrated with the band's lack of ability to clean up it's act, Mercury Records dropped New York Dolls. Marty Thau ceased managing the Dolls to be replaced by Malcolm McLaren*, who honestly believed-and got the band to belive-that he could return New York Dolls to the status they deserved. Despite a valiant effort, he eventually concluded that there was nothing he could do. New York Dolls fell apart when Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan left the band in mid-'75. Although the remainder of the band went on to perform with a few different line-ups, they called it quits in 1977.

Johnny Thunders went on the form the Heartbreakers after New York Doll's demise, but the band was short-lived. He OD'ed in '91, and his death is mourned by many as a tragic loss for rock n'roll. Jerry Nolan died of a stroke shortly after, follwed by Arthur Kane in 2004 (leukekia complications).

As it turns out, though, we may not have seen the end of New York Dolls. Ex-smiths frontman Morrisey somehow convinced the remaining members to reform for a one-shot deal at the Meltdown Festival, London in 2004. The set, including classic New York Dolls tracks and a tribute to their fallen band members went off without a hitch, and the band was well-recieved. We'll see where this leads....

*Malcolm McLaren went on to successfully manage Sex Pistols, armed with the experience he had gained with New York's rawest rock act, which is one of the reasons New York Dolls are often cited as one of the grandaddy's of punk rock.

Discography:

New York Tapes (demos)- 1972-1973
New York Dolls- 1973
Seven Day Weekend (demos)-1973
Too Much Too Soon- 1974
Red Patent Leather(live)- 1975
Live In New York '75-1975
New York Dolls/In Too Much Too Soon-1977
Lipstick Killers (Mercer St Sessions)- 1981
After The Storm (includes Sex Pistols tracks as well)-1985
Best Of The New York Dolls (compilation)-1985
Night Of The Living Dolls (compilation)-1986
Paris Le Trash (live)-1993
Rock n'Roll (compilation)- 1994
Paris Is Burning (live)-1975
Live in Paris 1974 -1998
I'm a Human Being (live)-1998
Glam Rock Hits (compilation)-1999
Street Trash (some early NY Dolls studio tracks, plus live set with Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers)-1999
Glamorous Life Live (live tracks, demos)-1999
Hard Night's Day-2000
Archive (complilation, some live tracks)-2001
Great Big Kiss (compilation, plus live tracks)-2002
From Paris With L-U-V (live)-2002
Return of the New York Dolls-Live from the Royal Festival Hall 2004 -2004

Line up
David Johanson (vocals)
Johnny Thunders (lead guitar) OD'd in 1991
Sylvain Sylvain, who replaced guitarist Rick Rivets in early '72 (rhythm guitar)
Arthur "Killer" Kane (bass) Died (leukemia complications) in 2004
Bill Murcia (drums)...drowned in bathtub (herion overdose) in '72, to be replaced by Jerry Nolan (Who died of a stroke in '92)

Management
Signed by Mercury Records
Debut album produced by Todd Rundgren
Second album produced by George "Shadow" Morton
Managed by Marty Thau and Malcom McLaran, respectively

~Lacey the Crazy

Punk Rocker
09-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Has anyone done Derek & the Dominos?

stonegolem13
09-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Why has this thread been unstickied? I might do an article, what hasn't been done yet?

Floyd93
12-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Dang I'm just coming back and looking at all this previous work. I didn't lead this project very well at ALL. Would anyone like to start it up again?

BrainDamage
12-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Wow, now this is a blast from the past. Maybe I'll help in the new year, I'm gonna have a ton of free time during winter session.

EDIT: ZOMG look at some of these users...fenderfreak101? Deadhead313131313313313311? Stula1031? me_and_my_esp?

Cptbeefheart
12-18-2008, 07:44 PM
This thread definitely takes me back. I'll help in the new year too...

metalfan#3
12-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, this sure is giving me some nonexistent memories.

Maet
12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
EDIT: ZOMG look at some of these users...fenderfreak101? Deadhead313131313313313311? Stula1031? me_and_my_esp?

Ahh... the good ol' days. Precious memories... We need a CR lock box or time capsule. :)

Floyd93
12-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I feel quite nostalgic. I miss the old days. :(