Underground Psychedelia

PDA

View Full Version : Underground Psychedelia

frippogenics
12-17-2005, 02:07 AM
Yes, I know we have had a psychedelia thread, started by me, but this is more of a discussion and appreciation sort of thing. I'm also hoping that there are some people on this board that are really into psychedelia and that some have unknown bands that they can enlighten us with.

Edit: Here is a list of all the relatively unknown Psychedelic bands that have been mentioned or added by me. I believe that it is legal to do CD Trades with such bands because most are rare/quite hard to find. I have almost all of them, but I am usually away from my computer when I'm messaged. Either that or I'm very busy with schoolwork. I suggest if you want a lot of these, to get the downloading program Soulseek, no spyware, has very rare albums. It's a godsend.

13th Floor Elevators
A Cid Symphony
Aggregation
Aguaturbia
Amon Düül (II)
Ant Trip Ceremony
Aorta
A Passing Fancy
Andromeda
Art
Arzachel
The Beat Of The Earth
Big Brother And The Holding Company
Big Lost Rainbow
Blue Cheer
Braintickit
C.A. Quintet
The Chocolate Watchband
Clear Light
Cold Sun
Comus
Country Joe And The Fish
The Creation
Darius
The Deviants
Electric Banana
The Electric Flag
The Electric Prunes
The Electronic Hole
Fairfield Parlour
Fapardokly
Fargo
Fever Tree
Fifty Foot Hose
The Five Day Week Straw People/The Attack
Focus
Gong
Hawkwind
H.P. Lovecraft
The Holy Modal Rounders
The Idle Race
July
Kaleidoscope
Les Fleur De Lys
Love
Mad River
Mick Farren
The Millennium
The Misunderstood
Montage
The Move
Moby Grape
Nuggets: Original Artyfacts Of The First Psychedelic Era (Collection of Various Artists)
Odyssey
The Open Mind
The Paper Garden
The Plastic Cloud
The Pretty Things
Quicksilver Messenger Service
Relatively Clean Rivers
Rubble (Collection Of Various Artists, much like Nuggets. Contains 20 or so disks)
Sagittarius
Saturnalia
The Seeds
Silver Apples
Skip Spence
The Small Faces
The Soft Machine
Spirit
SRC
Strawberry Alarm Clock
The Superfine Dandelion
Teddy And The Pandas
Them
Tomorrow
The United States Of America
Ultimate Spinach
Vanilla Fudge
We The People
World Of Oz
The Young Rascals
Zerfas

Variable
12-17-2005, 02:41 AM
I've got the Love CD Forever Changes, and as a matter of fact just came in here to post a thread about them! Fantastic band, you're the first UGer I've heard mention them.

Lord_Ramone
12-17-2005, 02:43 AM
The 13th Floor Elevators rule

Fav songs:
Slide Machine
You're gonna miss me
Barnyard blues

Its kind of sad over here in Australia you can get Country Joe and the fish shirts at the trendy clothing stores, which pisses me off when I see people wearing them but have never heard any of their music...

frippogenics
12-17-2005, 03:01 AM
I've got the Love CD Forever Changes, and as a matter of fact just came in here to post a thread about them! Fantastic band, you're the first UGer I've heard mention them.

Forever Changes is just starting to get recognized, I've noticed. By people and publications alike. It really is just one of the greatest albums. Rarely is there an album like that where each song that good (With the exception of Andmoreagain, I don't like that one too much). I also have Love and Da Capo, which are also pretty good. Da Capo has a very raw sound that I like, but Forever Changes is still their crowning achievement.

As for the Elevators, I don't listen to them as much as I used to. However, my favorite song still is "You Don't Know" off their first album.

Mellow Gold
12-17-2005, 04:09 AM
A other really good psychedelic band that seems to be lost to time is Spirit. The only time anyone talks about them is when the topic is on how Led Zeppelin "rip off" other peoples song. That aside every one here needs to get the album Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/S/Spirit/spirit_12f.jpg
It is by far one of the best albums ever made.

groll01
12-17-2005, 04:56 AM
im lookin up The 13th Floor Elevators now wich other psychedelia bands would u recommend
and what 13th Floor Elevators album would u recommend 1st?

Lord_Ramone
12-17-2005, 05:28 AM
^The Psychedelic sounds of The 13th floor Elevators!

Andrewbiles
12-17-2005, 06:05 AM
Forever Changes is just starting to get recognized, I've noticed. By people and publications alike. It really is just one of the greatest albums.

I can't say I'd completely agree. 'Alone again or' was quite a big song when it came out and is surprisingly well known. Don't know if so many people got the album, but it's just one of those hidden gems, like a load of the great underground folk acts of the '70s created.
If you want psychedelia stuff, there's a box set called 'Children Of Nuggets - Original Artyfacts From The Second Psychedelic Era 1976-1995' which came out a week or two ago. I really wanted it for Christmas but I don't think I'm going to get it at this rate.

lukef
12-17-2005, 06:23 AM
^The Psychedelic sounds of The 13th floor Elevators!
Oh yeah. kick ass album.

also:
Stained glass
The Novells
The Tropics
The Replacements
The Rain parade
The Sea and Cake

hippiemusic101
12-17-2005, 10:30 AM
idk what REALLY wud be PSYCHEDELIC bcuz i have nobody to help me with music (for everyone who doesnt know i live in texas), but i do kinda know it.

If i do have anything psychedelic, feel free to ask for a trade(recordnerd in sig)

Stula1031
12-17-2005, 12:21 PM
I love Phsychedelic music but its so hard to find good records... Would you guys consider The Velvet Underground Phsychedelic? I love that one song Murder Mystery any album suggestions?

I would love some Soft Machine suggestions aswell I love the music they did with Syd Barrett on the Madcap Laughs. I have the Phsychedelic Sound of the 13th Floor Elevators aswell and it's pretty good.

Still Life
12-17-2005, 01:07 PM
the only two bands I have heard of that you mentioned are the 13th Floor Elevators, and Soft Machine.

I love that whole jug thing the 13th Floor Elevators do, just love it. You're Gonna Miss Me is an amazing song too. Although much of the music I have by them is poor quality, sadly.

As for Soft Machine, I've never heard anything by them, but I do know that they did something with Syd Barrett, as Stula already said. Would love an album suggestion there.

al_
12-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Man The Fish are awesome. Has anyone ever heard the studio version of Fixin To Die. Thats gotta be one of the wierdest songs EVER.

mmonster
12-17-2005, 02:51 PM
A other really good psychedelic band that seems to be lost to time is Spirit. The only time anyone talks about them is when the topic is on how Led Zeppelin "rip off" other peoples song. That aside every one here needs to get the album Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/S/Spirit/spirit_12f.jpg
It is by far one of the best albums ever made.

what he said

Mellow Gold
12-17-2005, 03:10 PM
I love Phsychedelic music but its so hard to find good records... Would you guys consider The Velvet Underground Phsychedelic? I love that one song Murder Mystery any album suggestions?

I would say that they're phsychedelic, but a diffrent kind of phsychedelic. Drak phsychedelic is what I'd call them. Go with the "The Velvet Underground & Nico" album or "White Light/White Heat."

frippogenics
12-17-2005, 03:11 PM
I can't say I'd completely agree. 'Alone again or' was quite a big song when it came out and is surprisingly well known.

Yeah, Love was pretty well known back in its day. But only recently have I seen it getting mentions as one of the best albums in publications, and I just started meeting people who have it. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

As for those who wanted a Soft Machine suggestion, I'd recommend Volume One as a start(which I have available for a CD trade ;) ). It's prog rock that pre-dates In The Court Of The Crimson King, but it is very psychedelic. The music is very odd and it takes a bit to grow on you, but the album is fantastic.

Edit:

I'd say that they're avant-garde/proto-punk. But I do love that band, so we can discuss them here, because they won't get talked about anywhere else.

As said above me, Velvet Underground and Nico or White Light/White Heat, the latter being the more challenging record.

Variable
12-17-2005, 03:21 PM
I think Love is better known in England now than it is over here (America). Ironic because the band's from LA and never really toured too far outside there until recently. I found this fantastic DVD of a concert of the whole Forever Changes album, but the only original band member who's there is Arthur Lee. Still a good concert.

Also, Velvet Underground & Nico is a great album.

Andrewbiles
12-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah, Love was pretty well known back in its day. But only recently have I seen it getting mentions as one of the best albums in publications, and I just started meeting people who have it. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Maybe. Don't know.....
Maybe it's just one you've looked over in the past when you've seen it in magazines and stuff? I would look through older mags for lists, but I'm not much of a buyer of them to be able to.

frippogenics
12-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Just got a couple more psychedelic albums...I do doubt that anyone has heard of these, but tell me if you have please.

A Cid Symphony
Relatively Clean Rivers
SRC
Ultimate Spinach
Vanilla Fudge

jayr123guitar
12-20-2005, 09:12 AM
I used to have this video of the closing of the fillmore. It had the Dead and a bunch of bands. Quicksilver Messenger Service was on there and they kicked serious ass. I bought a couple vinyl LP's and they were nothing compared to the footage on that video. They were really underrated and still are. I've got one bootleg from 06-07-68 @ the Fillmore. I haven't listened in a while but I used to love it. How about Moby Grape? I used to teach guitar to this girl who knew the drummer from Moby Grape.

AMajesticalTune
12-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Gong, Hawkwind or Focus, anyone?
These are three great Psychadelic Progressive bands. Hawkwind leans really more to the Hard-Progressive-Rock with tons of a Psychadelia influence, while Gong and Focus psychadelic progressive jazz. Great bands here, I highly reccomend "Angels Egg" by Gong, "Space Ritual" by Hawkwind (featuring a young, and more capable Lemmy Kilmister), and Focus II by Focus

Still Life
12-20-2005, 11:16 AM
isn't Focus that band that did the song Hocus Pocus

....genius

AMajesticalTune
12-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Indeed they are, but that is far from their best song

igotabcrich32
12-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Love is just awesome,
Forever Changes and Love are the best albums, i also like arzachel

hmmm i think i might make a ProgRock thread

frippogenics
12-20-2005, 04:39 PM
I used to have this video of the closing of the fillmore. It had the Dead and a bunch of bands. Quicksilver Messenger Service was on there and they kicked serious ass. I bought a couple vinyl LP's and they were nothing compared to the footage on that video. They were really underrated and still are. I've got one bootleg from 06-07-68 @ the Fillmore. I haven't listened in a while but I used to love it. How about Moby Grape? I used to teach guitar to this girl who knew the drummer from Moby Grape.

Yes, QMS and Moby Grape are both amazing. Moby Grape's album in particular is one of the best of the era. But QMS's Happy Trails is a very good one too. They were at their best when they were live.

I also feel I have to plug the album Shazam by The Move. If anyone likes hard rock/psychedelia/prog rock should check that out. It's one of my favorites.

Testify1
12-20-2005, 09:39 PM

I started a thread about Love and Forever Changes a few months ago, but it sadly died out with very few posts. But the posts that were there were extremely positive.

frippogenics
12-21-2005, 05:42 PM
On another Love's Forever Changes being more recognized note, I was just surprised to see that album on the front display in Borders.

Also on another note, I'm getting that 4 CD Nuggets Box Set for Christmas :headbang: Finally, after all these months, Original Artifacts of the First Psychedelic Era :D

Stula1031
12-24-2005, 04:55 PM
What's a good QMS album?

rushman55
12-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Quicksilver Messenger Service is an amazing band. I own one of their live at the fillmore albums and they sound really good live. I would highly reccomend checking them out. Happy Trails is a good album and so is the self titled album.

ScummerVacation
12-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah. kick ass album.

also:
Stained glass
The Novells
The Tropics
The Replacements
The Rain parade
The Sea and Cake

So youre saying The Replacements are psychedelic?

BlackLotusFox
12-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Soft Machine was big in London about the same time Pink Floyd were starting out and they played shows together. H.P Lovecraft played with the Floyd too at the Fillmore one time... back in the late 60s... other than those two, I've never heard of any of those.

skiracer271
01-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Finally, after all these months, Original Artifacts of the First Psychedelic Era :D

I recently got that on vinyl. Not the box set just the first album. I think the nuggets stuff on cd actually is different.

You should definitly check out cold sun. Theyre from austin like the elevators, and took influence off them. They later formed the aliens, which was the backing band for roky erickson. The aliens are them just without one member or somthing. They recorded their album in 69, but it was never released until a limited run on cd recenttly. You can probably find there stuff on a sharing program though. If not i can send it to you.

frippogenics
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
^ Cold Sun seems relatively unknown. It's not even on allmusic.com. Is the album called Dark Shadows (just to make sure I have the correct band).

Also, I'm going to list, on the first post, all of the psychedelia bands that I have and have been mentioned on this thread. Get them!

skiracer271
01-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, the album is called dark shadows. If you have aim i could probably send it to you over that. My thing is skiracer271

RokyRacoon68
01-18-2006, 10:57 PM
I love all of this stuff, just wish I could find more of it in stores...

My favorites:
Love: Forever Changes
Spirit: Spirit
Frank Zappa:Only in it for the Money

Jarrett Moore
01-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I love psychedelic stuff, psychedelic rock mostly. one of my favorite psychedelic songs would have to be "Careful with that Axe, Eugene" by Pink Floyd. Early Floyd back when they had the great Syd Barrett, one of the best psychedeic minds.

Cousin Kevin
01-23-2006, 06:06 PM
all psychedelic bands have a special place in my heart

frippogenics
01-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't know if anyone is even looking at this thread anymore, and I doubt anyone has gone out and bought/downloaded anything mentioned here (besides me).

Nonetheless, I started a list of the best psychedelic albums:
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/j1mm13p4g3/the_best_of_the_first_psychedelic_era__66___71_

Check it out if you're actually interested in Psychedelia.

KingBrendan5149
01-25-2006, 06:18 PM
has anyone heard of The Paper Garden? they're suppose to be a really good psychedelic band. my friend has their debut (and only) album and he said it's in the same vein as Sgt. Peppers. has anyone heard/checked them out before?

scottishmob
01-29-2006, 09:28 PM
What would you consider to be:
1. The greatest psychadelic band?
2. Your personal favorite (s)?
3. Most accessable?
4. Why?

ridcullylives
01-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Um...Big Brother and the Holding company aren't obscure. That's Janis Joplin's band.

Stula1031
01-29-2006, 09:34 PM
1. Early Pink Floyd
2. The Velvet Underground
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. Because I said so.
Because I love the Velvet Underground more than my mother
Because every person in the world knows who Jimi is.

RokyRacoon68
01-29-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't know if anyone is even looking at this thread anymore, and I doubt anyone has gone out and bought/downloaded anything mentioned here (besides me).

Nonetheless, I started a list of the best psychedelic albums:
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/j1mm13p4g3/the_best_of_the_first_psychedelic_era__66___71_

Check it out if you're actually interested in Psychedelia.

Totally agree with #1, my favorite album ever, theres just something so special about it and I never get tired of hearing the album. Ive some of the others, need to get some of it though, I accually burned that Arzachel album, and then threw on some tracks from Goblin's Dawn of the Dead movie score, pretty weird...

Another great one is Spirit's self titled debut, you ever hear that one fripogenics?

frippogenics
01-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Um...Big Brother and the Holding company aren't obscure. That's Janis Joplin's band.

I made it a point to put "relatively unknown" rather than obscure in many cases. How many do you know these days have heard of Big Brother And The Holding Company?

Another great one is Spirit's self titled debut, you ever hear that one fripogenics?

I think it's pretty good, but no tracks really stand out as greats to me (besides I do really like Water Woman). I've only listened to the whole thing like twice though.

has anyone heard of The Paper Garden? they're suppose to be a really good psychedelic band. my friend has their debut (and only) album and he said it's in the same vein as Sgt. Peppers. has anyone heard/checked them out before?

I just got the Paper Garden. A lot of the songs are a little too bubblegum pop for me, rather than psychedelia. I can listen to about half the songs, and some of them are quite good. The other half just annoy me though.

ridcullylives
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
I made it a point to put "relatively unknown" rather than obscure in many cases. How many do you know these days have heard of Big Brother And The Holding Company?

Good point. But people have heard of Janis.

frippogenics
01-29-2006, 10:00 PM
^ Eh, I think if Love and Moby Grape are up there, Big Brother & The Holding Company should be too.

frippogenics
08-15-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm bringing this mother fucker back from the dead, with hopes that more people have heard any of the bands listed on the first post, or have recommendations. I added around 20 more names to the list.

Can we get some appreciation to any of these bands, who never hit it as big as they deserved (although, it seems, especially after Arthur Lee's death, the public is starting to recognize Love in all their glory.)

dazedandconfusd
08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Amon Düül II's first album, Phallus Dei, was psychadelic, but then they became more Progish in later releases. They still kept a slightly psychadelic sound, though. (eg Yeti)

frippogenics
08-15-2006, 09:00 PM
^ Hmm, I forgot to add that band even though I own Phallus Dei.

...I wonder how they got away with naming their album "God's Cock"

Andrewbiles
08-15-2006, 09:04 PM
^^ Amon Duul II were great. I do enjoy the German prog of that era. The last couple of days I've been trying to decide between buying a Kaputter Hamster or a Erlkoenig album - too expensive for both, but both sound great...

Anyway, from that list on the first page, ones I've heard of an have enjoyed...

13th Floor Elevators
The Deviants
The Electric Prunes
Focus
Hawkwind
H.P. Lovecraft
Kaleidoscope
Love
The Move
Nuggets: Original Artyfacts Of The First Psychedelic Era (Collection of Various Artists)
The Pretty Things
The Seeds
Silver Apples
The Small Faces
The Soft Machine
Tomorrow
Vanilla Fudge

One album I'd recommend that I haven't seen mentioned is End's 'Introspection'. You can pick it up pretty cheap these days.

rocknroll blues
08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Love rock. My band's covering 7 and 7 Is at our next show.

I just got The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators... what a fantastic album. So much raw energy.

As far as the Velvet Underground go, I wouldn't particularly consider them psychedelic. Sure, some of their music can be associated with the drug experience, but you can say the same for Dylan, but no one would call him psychedelic, right?

The Troggs, anyone? More garage rock than anything, but still pretty trippy.

Voodoo_Chile42
08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Big Brother and the Holding Company is relatively unknown now? Most of those bands are fairly well known.
Even though well known and documented, Miles Davis' ventures into psychedelic kinds of music is under-rated. John Coltrane too.

Playdoh14
08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Ok one other band not mentioned is the Electric Prunes. They have the song "I had to much to dream last night" but they are an awesome psych. band

Another GREAT modern pyschedelic band is DEAD MEADOW, they are off matador records and are probably the besy psychedelic band playing today.

Do yourself a favor and check them out
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4668778

oh yea on another topic. The 13th floor elevators from my hometown Austin Tx, and Roky Erickson the lead singer plays around town still with his band the explosives... Ive seen him a couple times at SXSW and around, even met him once.

Really awesome band and guy.

slinks
08-15-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm a big fan of Quicksilver Messenger Service. It's a shame they're so overlooked by most people. The Blues Magoos and Can are a couple good ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

TheHeartbreaker
08-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Quicksilver Messenger Service is ****ing awesome.

John Cipollina was simply an amazing guitarist, and they trully are very overlooked because they came out of the same area as big bands such as The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and Moby Grape - among others.

Also, there's this great Box Set (there might even be two of them) called Nuggets, which is basically a large collection of various songs from garage psychedellic bands from the 60s (and maybe even 70s).

It's pretty awesome, but it might be a bit expensive.

kmaster 1337
08-16-2006, 12:07 PM
I think there should be more recognition of Hawkwind. Although they were only in the spotlight for a brief couple years. The In search of space to Warriors albums influenced a lot of popular music. They were a proto punk psychedelic/progressive band(what a mix!). I highly suggest you either check out Space Ritual or Warriors on The Edge of Time.(the latter hard to find on CD).

joshsirjoshules
09-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Man, I'm surprised to see The 13th Floor Elevators on here. They are truely a great band. ZZ Top even did a version of "Reverberation (Doubt)" and it's great.

frippogenics
12-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Its been a glorious year. Not even going to bother adding all the psych bands I have to the list, but just bringing this thread back again in hopes that more people have turned on to this kind of music. Commence dropping names.

One album I'd recommend that I haven't seen mentioned is End's 'Introspection'. You can pick it up pretty cheap these days.

It was a long time ago you said that, but shortly after you did, I got the album. Its become one of my favorite albums of the period, so thanks a shit ton

longhornchad200
12-24-2007, 01:07 PM
What about the black angels man? Their names taken from a velvet underground song, they got I dunno how to say it... endorsed by Tommy hall from 13th floor elevators.

Listen to their album passover, or their song young men dead is in one of the trailers for no country for old men, their so amazing.

therussian
12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Nuggets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_First_Psychedelic_Era%2C_1965-1968) is what you need. Four CDs of America's premiere unknown garage rock and psychedelic bands.

And Nuggets II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets_II:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_British_Empire_and_Beyond%2C_1964-1969) will satisfy your desires for British psychedelia.

But that said, I think the greatest psychedelic band to come out of America was The Misunderstood. Followed closely by 13th Floor Elevators, Love, and Strawberry Alarm Clock

frippogenics
12-28-2007, 07:43 PM
^ I like The Misunderstood, but I've a problem with their voices. I think the greatest all around garage rock band was We The People.

EddieCraig
12-29-2007, 03:13 PM
im just happy you added 13th floor elevators and cwb. those are 2 of my favorites.
even though the electric jug sorta pisses me off sometimes.
but some of these are still pretty well known

therussian
12-31-2007, 12:46 AM
^ I like The Misunderstood, but I've a problem with their voices. I think the greatest all around garage rock band was We The People.
I don't know, I kind of like their voices.

Oh, and by the way, great avatar! There is another underappreciated psychedelic band.

Snipergoat UK
01-02-2008, 03:54 PM
If you like Psychedelic Music you need to hear some Porcupine Tree... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcupine_Tree

Up The Downstair
Voyage 34
The Sky Moves Sideways
Signify

crazynickman
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Bump :D

I need to get a copy of Nuggets and Pebbles...and why hasn't The Music Machine been mentioned? They basically are the Ramones of 1966. There's a few videos on Youtube; look 'em up.

Andrewbiles
02-09-2008, 10:34 PM
It was a long time ago you said that, but shortly after you did, I got the album. Its become one of my favorite albums of the period, so thanks a shit ton

:haha No problem, great album.

korinaflyingv
02-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Bobb Trimble!

http://www.myspace.com/bobbtrimble

True_Pentagore
02-23-2008, 12:01 AM
I adore good psychedelic music and have went on for years hunting for good records. I came across a great Internet radio station known as 'The Crawlspace' which airs for 4 hours on Wednesday nights from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM Central Time. They plays loads of rare psychedelic material, plus old garage rock and the ilk. Their website is www.takilmafm.com and I highly recommend checking it out!

crazynickman
02-23-2008, 12:29 AM
I got a great book recently called "Unknown Legends of Rock n Roll" and it came with a CD. It's major focus is obscure 60s garage/ psychedelic bands like The Mystic Tide, the Chocolate Watch Band, The Blossom Toes, etc. It's by Richie Unterberger, if anyone is interested in getting it, but the book looks as obscure as the bands. It was the only copy I could find in Borders; check it out if you want.

slip kid
02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
i dont no if u'd consider it underground but how bout Syd Barrett and hsi days with Pink Floyd? anybody like syd?

Damascus
02-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Just in case...Jefferson Airplane.

They started me on music, they started me on drugs and they have dozens of beautiful, beautiful songs.

crazynickman
02-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Just in case...Jefferson Airplane.

They started me on music, they started me on drugs and they have dozens of beautiful, beautiful songs.
I really wouldn't call them underground though...they were/are pretty popular.