Robben Ford

PDA

View Full Version : Robben Ford

Derigiberble
12-17-2005, 03:22 PM
wow, i just got put onto Robben Ford, and the guys a genius, his playing is unbelievable time, and his voice it just perfect for the blues.

anyone heard much of him?

~1954~
12-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah ive seen one of his DVDs , I kinda liked the blend of blues and jazz and hes a great guitarist.

power freak
12-23-2005, 01:49 PM
I love Robben! Such an amazing player, perfect tone and perfect phrasing.

:cheers:

Gabuydachk
12-27-2005, 01:02 PM
great phrasing
great guitarist - he puts emotion into everything he does

Matt_M_2002
12-28-2005, 03:17 PM
My guitar teacher got me into him. But before that, I didnt have a clue who the hell he was. Im not really into blues or jazz, but I like him. Hes just so good in every way lol.
Out of the limited songs ive heard, "Dont deny your love" was my fav. What are your favourite tracks?

AxeAbuser#2
12-30-2005, 02:56 PM
yeah i think he is an awsome musician. his blues/jazz/fusion style is just totally inspiring and definately keeps you on the edge of your seat when you listen to any track by him. i own the blue moon album and i think every song is amazing in its on right, but the stand out tracks are indianola, dont deny your love, hard to please and something for the pain. ;)

WyldeGibsonPlyr
12-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Holy hell, I just got into Robben a lot lately, and I am just mindblowed! :eek: His stuff is fantastic, I looooove it.

Just ordered a bunch of his records with my Christmas money, cant wait. My dad has Handful of Blues, its just like :eek: amazing.

meh!
05-25-2006, 05:45 PM
(yes i did a search for this and it's old, but it's the blues and jazz forum so.... meh :P:

Robben Ford is my favourite guitar player, his phrasing and tone are both amazing.

My favourite albumn out of the 4 i have (Blue moon, handful of blues, talk to your daughter, keep on running)

Is Handful of blues closley folowe dby talk to your daughter.

Blue moon is great as well.

II was , sadly, very dissapointed by keep on running :sad:

I really want to see him live, but he doens't appear to be coming to Scotland any time soon.

I'll have to settle for my DVD (no substitue dammit)

He has an alright singing voice, but I definatley think it's the weakest part of all his songs. It stands out alot when compared to the quality of the guitar, drums, bass, keys. It's kind of weedy and weak . alright though, just not up to par with everything else, haha

Stinging_Acid
05-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow, I'll have to look into him.

Derigiberble
05-26-2006, 04:42 AM
Wow I forgot about this thread, thanks meh! ;)

Yeah Talk to your Daughter is awesome, I love that album, I'm still amazed by him everytime I hear his playing.

meh!
05-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow, I'll have to look into him.

yeah, I would suggest getting talk to your daughter as that was his fiirst proper blues albumn i beleive)

(though my favourite is "a handful of blues")

dr_john
05-26-2006, 03:14 PM
i have 'mystic mile' cd, it's good but one or two pop songs crop up on it. i do like his style though.

sounds like i need to check out the 'talk to your daughter' album.

meh!
05-26-2006, 06:42 PM
i have 'mystic mile' cd, it's good but one or two pop songs crop up on it. i do like his style though.

sounds like i need to check out the 'talk to your daughter' album.

yeah, it's very good.

There are a few Robben Ford songs i relaly can't bring my self to like ("help the poor" being one from Talk to your daughter)

I tihnk he does sort of, simple 12 bar shuffles, really well. That's one of the times when i think the guitar playing really shines through.

master
05-28-2006, 10:31 PM
One of my class mates is related to him. He actually jammed with him for a bit after we saw him at the tampa bay blues festival. He's really great.

meh!
05-29-2006, 06:08 PM
One of my class mates is related to him. He actually jammed with him for a bit after we saw him at the tampa bay blues festival. He's really great.

...bastard

:sad: