Oi!

PDA

View Full Version : Oi!

stevenlogan
12-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Hey I wondered if you guys could help me a little.

The dealio is;
I've been playing guitar for 2-3 years, but I've never played with anyone. I've always just been playing in my room, and **** like that. So! I got the idea of forming a band, so i went to some open mic nights, to look for people my age. I found a brilliant basplayer who has a twin who plays drums, and this here kickass guitarist. Anyway, none of them can sing, so they made me the leadsinger/rhythmguitar. The problem is, I can't sing and keep the rhytm at the same time. I dont know if this i a common problem, but I know its a problem for me. So, any of you guys know how I can learn to sing and keep it cool at the same time. The Last month I've been playing along to some songs we cover, but i keep ****ing up. Any suggestions?

Thanks a million, chumps.

KManLink
12-19-2005, 05:06 PM
just practice

its kinda like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time

so practice that too

Remebol
12-19-2005, 06:13 PM
so get a singer?

SilentDeftone
12-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Moved.

I second that. If you aren't good at singing AND playing simultaneously, get a singer.

-SD :dance:

stevenlogan
12-23-2005, 01:18 PM
But I sing good, and I play the guitar good aswell. I just need to learn to combine those two tings. Plus, **** man. Is that you guys mentallity? Just ****ing give up if you suck at something? Great, that probably why you're stuck in this ****ing website, telling people what do to.

NovemberRain273
12-23-2005, 01:41 PM
^ newsfalsh, u asked for advice. if u want help ur gonna have to control ur tongue better and learn some manners.

cokesodanotdrug
12-23-2005, 02:06 PM
keep at it, play little bits at a time, if you've got a chorus to a song, practice that over and over till you get it, then practice the next part of the song, and stuff, eventually it'll become second nature, I can sing and play the drums at the same time but I could never have done that after just barely starting on the drums. just practice little parts to each songs, mostly the parts that mess you up the most, it's like practicing the guitar, you practice till you can play a part, only you've got a little more than just a guitar part to mess you up ;)

stevenlogan
12-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Okay, so I just gotta practise?

Fair enough.

deusexbass2150
12-24-2005, 05:21 AM
^Yeah theres no secret shortcut way, you can practice by breaking songs down

stevenlogan
12-24-2005, 07:15 AM
I Need A Fix!

cold_static544
12-26-2005, 11:11 AM
But I sing good, and I play the guitar good aswell. I just need to learn to combine those two tings. Plus, **** man. Is that you guys mentallity? Just ****ing give up if you suck at something? Great, that probably why you're stuck in this ****ing website, telling people what do to.

lol !!! egos are what ruins a band most of the time (especially if the members are younger and are fresh learning the instrument, think 2-3 years).

get a fu cking singer. and most people who claim that "im good in....XXX" usually suck balls at it most of the time.

BrianApocalypse
12-27-2005, 12:19 PM
If your guitarist is so great, why do you need 2? Why don't you just sing.

Or, you could practice.

Also bear in mind that you aren't the one who has to keep rhythm. You could just strum and let ring some of the chords.

SOADfan2021
12-27-2005, 07:31 PM
u can prob get another guitarist, and sing, and join in on the breakdowns or if u start recording, u can sing, then later backtrack and add ur part

Slash Jr.
12-27-2005, 08:22 PM
You say your a good singer?? Good.

Find a singer.

You play rhythm and do BACKGROUND vocals.

Not as hard, and your voice will be heard. There's loads of bands with background singers.

AC/DC(malcom), GNR(Duff), loads of punk bands-all have background singers.

Scourge441
12-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Just practice singing and playing. Play a song more slowly and try to sign along with it. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

stevenlogan
01-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Heio, update. Learned it. weren't hard. took like 3-4 hours, and then i could play a solo while telling a story. Thanka alota.

rathmusbass
01-12-2006, 08:51 AM
hey also for anyone else having trouble with that stuff, Marylin Manson's music is the answer. It is how i learned to sing and play at the same time, simple guitar riffs and bass lines and simple songs to sing. It may be a bit gay at times or a bit too childish or dark, but songs like tourniquet and disposable teens are the way to go when trying to learn to do guitar/bass + vocals. also some of metallicas simpler stuf like whiplash/four horsemen.

=-p =-)

SlashHammett
01-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Heio, update. Learned it. weren't hard. took like 3-4 hours, and then i could play a solo while telling a story. Thanka alota.

that isnt hard if its greenday :P :D