new band styles?

PDA

View Full Version : new band styles?

ledzebulon4937
12-19-2005, 11:47 PM
hey I've been trying to start a band for a while now and yeah it is pretty difficult finding drummers!! lol but yeah I just got a good drummer, but he doesnt like the kind of music I wanna aim for. Which is like really like deep idk how to describe it liek Slayer I guess guitars but with like Zeppelin style lyrics(yes I know that probably sounds REALLY strange) but i was just wondering for some different styles that might incorporate these sounds.

ChurchNSkate
12-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Well, for starters, how about you write a song or two, with lyrics that are LZ-esque, and music that is Slayer-esque? Then try to combine the two.

Dutch_Apples
12-20-2005, 02:31 AM
I have found the best way to have a unique style is don't combine two forms of rock. Try some jazz, bossa nova, electronica, cajun, Clownbeat, whatever.

phrank
12-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Well, if your music tastes don't match, sooner or later thats gonna bite you in the ass.

Bulletbass man
12-23-2005, 07:52 PM
^ phrank is right you shall be bitten in teh ass i have before. Well instead just play don't worry about styles. What ever comes comes just don't do covers really and don't throw stuff in the cd player.