band starting out

PDA

View Full Version : band starting out

inmysleep
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM
me and my best bud and a new found drummer started a band its me on guitar my friend on vocal and the drummer we just had a few practices so far were practiceing covering unholy confessions to get tight and learn to play together but my question is when we start writeing will the first few songs mostly suck and then eventualy get better?

ToolBass_dude
12-20-2005, 07:37 PM
It depends on the people writing them. If you have a knack for doing it or good ideas (and can impliment them) thaen it'll sound good. If you aren't as good, you'll need to practice.

but its all preference- you might hate a song while someone else loves it (or vice versa).

inmysleep
12-20-2005, 08:17 PM
well were like a screamo/metal type band ive beenc omign up with sum good ideas ive been playing like 3 years i come up with sum cool riffs and all but sumtimes i have trouble fitting peices together but hopefully are first few songs will be pretty good.

cokesodanotdrug
12-20-2005, 09:19 PM
yea, it all depends on your techniques and stuff, it's a learning process so I guess it all depends on how fast you learn to base your riffs off of your bandmates and basically fit together the puzzle of a song. It's most likely that your songs won't be phenominal at first, but they'll get better as time goes by :-)

deusexbass2150
12-21-2005, 03:15 AM
yeah you'll definately get better as time goes on especially if your taking lessons as fo sucking at the start it depends on what level of playing you start off with