Buckethead

PDA

View Full Version : Buckethead

TylerRRR
12-21-2005, 09:08 PM
whats his deal? Do you think the whole raised by chickens thing is a gimmick or just an act? Is is possibly legally insane or on crack 24/7... what do you think's up with him?

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that most of that stuff is just fake stuff that he made up. He's just got a weird stage persona.

Trapman870
12-21-2005, 09:11 PM
he is obviously very f u c k e d up

thekevinfoltmer
12-21-2005, 09:13 PM
i personally don't like buckethead at all i think hes a wannbe slash that will never be as good as slash and he wears kfc on his head i mean what a fruitcake.

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but he is an INSANE guitar player. He can tap with all 10 fingers simultaneously, and is one of the most talented guitarists out there.

i personally don't like buckethead at all i think hes a wannbe slash that will never be as good as slash and he wears kfc on his head i mean what a fruitcake.What?!?!?!? Wannabe Slash?!?!? He pwns Slash's ass on every level! Sure in GnR, he might not have been as good, but good lord! People like you who don't open their mind to talent don't belong in the shred forum.

Buckethead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slash

PooKoo
12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
i personally don't like buckethead at all i think hes a wannbe slash that will never be as good as slash and he wears kfc on his head i mean what a fruitcake.

You are a ****in closeminded faggot, so noone really gives a **** about your opinion. Everyone is a wannabe slash in a way EXCEPT buckethead. Ever ****er in their room is playing paradise city while buckethead actually has a shred (well, a ****in bucket full, no pun intended) of creativity.

Buckethead > you and your lame ass ignorant statements.

misfits385
12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah, but he is an INSANE guitar player. He can tap with all 10 fingers simultaneously, and is one of the most talented guitarists out there.

What?!?!?!? Wannabe Slash? He pwns Slash's ass on every level. Sure in GnR, he might not have been as good, but good lord.

Buckethead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slash

Yeah hes insane.

SnowballofDoom
12-21-2005, 09:24 PM
What?!?!?!? Wannabe Slash?!?!? He pwns Slash's ass on every level! Sure in GnR, he might not have been as good, but good lord! People like you who don't open their mind to talent don't belong in the shred forum.

Buckethead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slash

You are a ****in closeminded faggot, so noone really gives a **** about your opinion. Everyone is a wannabe slash in a way EXCEPT buckethead. Ever ****er in their room is playing paradise city while buckethead actually has a shred (well, a ****in bucket full, no pun intended) of creativity.

Buckethead > you and your lame ass ignorant statements.

Good Lord, it's an opinion. Take a valium, both of you.

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but why would you come to a forum, then make fun of it? That's like me going to a Steve Vai thread and saying Steve Vai is a wannabe Billie Joe fag who blows monkey balls.

Encore_God
12-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Buckethead is as close to a new Hendrix as we will ever get.

Metallica1989
12-21-2005, 09:34 PM
being raised by chickens is impossible lol

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 09:54 PM
^:rolleyes:

Who's better at guitar?

Person A: *Plays All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix perfectly

Person B: *Plays No Boundaries by Micheal Angelo Batio perfectly

You do the math. And learn to use PUNCTUATION!!!!

I see what you're saying, but you've got to realize, songwriting, and technical ability are two different things. Sure you're more likely to go somewhere in life if you right simple, catchy riffs, but you'll never stand up to a monster like Rusty Cooley, who while not as famous, kicks just about anyone's ass alive today in terms of sheer talent. Also, Atreyu are not metal.

Edit: Dammit! He deleted his n00b ass post.

RandyVanHendrix
12-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Dude Buckethead is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. He can shred but still have emotion. He is one of my all time favorite guitarists. (Behind of course by everyone in my user name)

RandyVanHendrix
12-21-2005, 10:08 PM
apoccolipse 13 just so you know Rusty Cooly is a guitar teacher in my former hometown of Northern Houston :D I'm planning on running by his place sometime to tell him how awesome he is.

Beckerism
12-21-2005, 10:11 PM
apoccolipse 13 just so you know Rusty Cooly is a guitar teacher in my former hometown of Northern Houston :D I'm planning on running by his place sometime to tell him how awesome he is.

Cooley***. So he actually still teaches there is what you are saying? :eek:

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 10:16 PM
apoccolipse 13 just so you know Rusty Cooly is a guitar teacher in my former hometown of Northern Houston :D I'm planning on running by his place sometime to tell him how awesome he is.:eek:
I envy you.

Erc
12-21-2005, 10:27 PM

I'm tired of morons comparing Buckethead with Slash.

Buckethead played in GR so what? Doesn't mean he wants to be like slash. Retard. He plays nothing like Slash.

RandyVanHendrix
12-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah man he teaches at Music Go Round located at 27626 I-45 North, The Woodlands, TX email Rusty or call for booking info 281-419-8863. Right off I-45 if your ever in Northern Houston suburbs and on the interstate at rush hour you should be stuck in traffic for about 3 hours so it wouldn't hurt to stop by there. I know I will :D

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 10:44 PM
I live in Ohio....

Dammit!

Amen to what Erc said.

RandyVanHendrix
12-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm gonna see if for Christmas my mom could just book me one lesson with that monster. He is so good its scary. I bet the lessons are expensive as hell though :(

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Man, I wish.

bigwilliestyle
12-21-2005, 11:01 PM
^You really think he could actually teach you anything? And buckethead is the most original guitarist of all time.

apocalypse13
12-21-2005, 11:12 PM
He could show you things, but you probably couldn't play them, but that's when it's good, it gives you something to work on. But just to witness his orgasmic chops right it front of you would be quite an experience.

bigwilliestyle
12-21-2005, 11:30 PM
i think i would pay more to see rusty play a nice slow melodic song or run, then i could videotape it and send it to ripley's believe it or not

Erc
12-21-2005, 11:41 PM
^ Yea he could teach you something, show you what you are doing wrong with your technique that could slow you down and he could show some pretty sweet warmup exercises/licks.

I would love to be taught by him =)

kRaff 21
12-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah man he teaches at Music Go Round located at 27626 I-45 North, The Woodlands, TX email Rusty or call for booking info 281-419-8863. Right off I-45 if your ever in Northern Houston suburbs and on the interstate at rush hour you should be stuck in traffic for about 3 hours so it wouldn't hurt to stop by there. I know I will :D

I live in the Northern Houston suburbs. I'll take lessons from him sooner or later. Hopefully sooner, as he is one of my favorites. But yeah, I've taken some of his lesson material from some kids I know that have taken lessons from him and its pretty great stuff.

animalfarm
12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I wished buckethead would teach me some stuff :D

Anyone checked out enter the chicken? I thought the album was quite weird, stuff your not used to, even if its buckethead. You hear out serj tankians influence quite well...

I hjust hope Buckethead is gonna do another chill album sooner or later, like colma or population override. Those were fantsatic and really emotional shredding.

PooKoo
12-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah i guess i was little overpissed there, but i hate when people say buckethead is a wannabe slash.

Fuuuuuck i wanna just meet rusty, hell, just watch him even.

Id kill for that, too bad i live in ****in maryland.

Ohpeasson
12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
The more I listen to and watch videos of Buckethead, the more impressed I am not only by his unique, emotional playing style, but by his incredible technique. At this point, I'd put him up there with Cooley in terms of technical skill. I can't wait until Population Override comes in the mail <3.

Beckerism
12-22-2005, 05:53 PM
The more I listen to and watch videos of Buckethead, the more impressed I am not only by his unique, emotional playing style, but by his incredible technique. At this point, I'd put him up there with Cooley in terms of technical skill. I can't wait until Population Override comes in the mail <3.

Uh... I don't think he is that high up there. :p:

animalfarm
12-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Bucketheads technical skill is great, though prolly not on par with cooley (at least in speed, but for tapping is surely one of the best on the planet...). But I'd put him higher in terms of songwriting and especially feeling. Its quite an effort to actually make good songs out of that weirdo stuff buckethead sometimes plays, and he succeeds in that pretty well. And stylistically, he's got great diversity, and as mentioned a lot of times he's able to play very emotionally.

RustyGold
12-22-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.geocities.com/stringcheese242001/images/bucket.jpg

Yeap...there you have it. Taught by Paul Gilbert?!

bigwilliestyle
12-22-2005, 11:03 PM
cooley is a bitch anyways...... who the hell names their kid rusty? seriously though buckethead is more skilled than rusty cause he excells at many aspects of the guitar. that always keeps you coming back for more. rusty is amazing for about 5 minutes, and then you realize, wait a minute, hes gonna do the same **** in the next song, why bother listening? thats more opinion derived i guess, but i think being skilled at guitar and skilled at playing a guitar really fast all the time are two different things.

Jujiman
12-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Fellas its all apples and oranges. Whatever floats your boat and all that ****.

Shredding is nice and fun to watch and listen to. But the more I play the more I have come to realize that guitar playing is about songs, if u can fit shred into a good song fine. But dont shred just because your songs suck.

That is the basic problem I have with shredders, they spend so much time getting those fantastic chops that they never write a decent song.

Not to take anything away from Buckethead or Rusty Cooley. Both of them are great at what they do. But I can only listen to them every now and then. While I can listen to STP or Guns n Roses everyday.

Jujiman

apocalypse13
12-23-2005, 02:24 PM
^blah,blah,blah,blah

Sickwithline6
12-23-2005, 03:09 PM
I was raised by chickens too!
wow there are others

Righteous
12-23-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.geocities.com/stringcheese242001/images/bucket.jpg

Yeap...there you have it. Taught by Paul Gilbert?!

Are his fingers screwed up or is it just me?

And also, some people may think that Rusty's music is plain and boring, but other people may find it very musically 'invigorating' for lack of a batter word. I personally like that music (or what I've heard of it) because of the technique and the use of theory and all that in it, which keeps me interested at least. Just my 2 cents.

animalfarm
12-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Are his fingers screwed up or is it just me?

Thats what I thought as well when I saw that picture the first time. They look kinda ****ed up a bit...

Sickwithline6
12-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Thats what I thought as well when I saw that picture the first time. They look kinda ****ed up a bit...

I read that that was some kind of glove or something.
*Posted before

apocalypse13
12-23-2005, 03:52 PM
^Yeah it's a glove that extends his fingers. If you look at some of his pics, you can see him with them on much more clearly. And they are HUGE!

Gabuydachk
12-23-2005, 10:16 PM
My friend said that his dad's friend knows Buckethead (probably BS).
Anyway, Is Brain Carroll his real name? I looked it up, and it says that he is a soccer player.

apocalypse13
12-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Brian Carroll is his real name, yes.

SnowballofDoom
12-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Brian Carroll indeed http://www.geocities.com/stringcheese242001/

apocalypse13
12-23-2005, 10:30 PM
BIG GLOVES, lol!!!!

Mwahahahhahahahhahahahahahahha!!
http://www.bonnaroo.com/2002/gallery02/dm/saturday/buckethead/buckethead_dm11.jpg

kirkisking
12-24-2005, 04:46 AM
Jumpman and Welcome to Buckethead Land are awesome songs.

Skid
12-24-2005, 05:28 AM
I think his fingers are massive without the gloves he is about 6'6 feet tall..

animalfarm
12-24-2005, 08:50 AM
he's got a bit of a hunchback as well, at least it doesn't look completely healthy the way he walks...

NevermorePsalm
12-24-2005, 11:31 AM
I live in Ohio....

Dammit!

Amen to what Erc said.
doesnt Ohio suck? I want a lesson with RC... Buckethead pwns, have you heard ghost?

bobtrack
12-24-2005, 12:34 PM
For all you doubters about his skill watch this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=jXxl71OSnTE&search=Buckethead

paddyo
12-24-2005, 12:35 PM
kirkisking you have one awesome avatar!

apocalypse13
12-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Jay and Silent Bob pwn.

Flea_Metallica
12-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Buckethead Rules!!!

PooKoo
12-24-2005, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=GjCAIdFe3W8&search=Buckethead

anyone who can dance like that is cool in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=0Oittvw12e8&search=Buckethead

apocalypse13
12-24-2005, 07:17 PM
doesnt Ohio suck? I want a lesson with RC... Buckethead pwns, have you heard ghost?where are you in OH?

NevermorePsalm
12-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Around Medina County, you dont get much else stalker! ummm...................................

apocalypse13
12-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Close to Cincinnati for me. I don't know where Medina is...

put_it_on_mytab
12-25-2005, 12:07 AM

i feel really bad now

my girlfriend is in the woodlands as we speak with her family for the holidays. mapquest says she's 4 minutes from that place. and i told her i wanted to stay here instead of go.

Erc
12-25-2005, 12:17 AM
^ hahahahaha

That sucks.

nomadic_sinner
12-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Buckethead footage!!!!

apocalypse13
12-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Go to Youtube, there's a lot there.

Adrock1795
12-26-2005, 01:42 AM
The man without the bucket
http://www.smurfpowered.be/pic/BRAZIL_250.jpg

apocalypse13
12-28-2005, 08:10 PM
^lol

I just noticed this thread had a new post.

love_O_rock
01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
His hand is as big as her face.

seanguitarman
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I just looked at my guitar world cd-rom and all i can say about people saying bucketheads good is WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy blows out horrible tones with horrible techniwue and half the time hes spazing out and hitting the wall for no freakin reason! not only that but why the F does he were a bucket on his head..... i guess hes just ashamed of the awfull **** coming out of his guitar.....

NevermorePsalm
01-10-2006, 09:40 PM
you are an ignoramus. He rips you apart, and you know it. Go blow a tree.

Metallica1989
01-10-2006, 09:41 PM
im sure buckethead sweeps (PUN!) most of the guitarists out there.

NevermorePsalm
01-10-2006, 09:44 PM
im sure buckethead sweeps (PUN!) most of the guitarists out there.

Dude I love corny puns. What did the girl mushroom say about the boy mushroom after their date? "He's a really fungi."

I know.....it's sad... Anyone seen the one on vid google with Herbie. I watch when I fell lonely....Buckethead is alwasy there...

apocalypse13
01-10-2006, 10:52 PM
8 finger tap=pwn

psychodelia
01-11-2006, 02:47 PM
The guitar playing is great, but that talking head is so god damn annoying.

saxaxe
01-11-2006, 03:01 PM
i feel really bad now

my girlfriend is in the woodlands as we speak with her family for the holidays. mapquest says she's 4 minutes from that place. and i told her i wanted to stay here instead of go.
Yea, I stayed in the woodlands for a weekend and on the saturday I was there, I had nothin to do, so I sat by the pool with my acoustic all day. A week later, I found out Rusty gave a lessons at the Woodlands that day..... :(

Anyways, Buckethead kicks complete and total ass. His technical ability is definitely to Cooley's level, maybe even beyond. Nobody else can do that 8 finger tapping. Oh, and there's also a rumor that he's Paul Gilbert.

Night Revolver
01-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Buckethead is a brilliant technical player. If you don't like his stage persona and his attitude, that's your own preference, but as a player he is awesome.
The rumour about him being Paul Gilber is utter crap - he was taught by Gilbert and that's the only connection between the two.
I personally think he's a great and unique talent and that bucket he's wearing is the next best thing to Slash's top hat (joking lol).
The only thing I have against him is that stupid yellow rain coat he wears all the time.

Riryoku
01-11-2006, 10:23 PM
i don't really understand the halloween mask thing. :p:

Night_Lights
01-12-2006, 04:31 AM
i want a mask like that.

and i love that lesson, anyone know where i can read stuff about his playing style?

EDIT: listening to Ghost. oh the emotional playing! makes me both :) and :(

madpickin03
01-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Well the bucket is what made him unique. And dont forget the mask:D

slashnmash
01-14-2006, 01:40 PM
whos heard nottingham lace? beautiful.. buckethead rules definlty one of my favoruirte guitarists. That video lesson is just freaky when he starts rubbing the wall. And botnus the solo is amazing.

Night_Lights
01-14-2006, 03:36 PM
too many humans is emotional as heck :(

f28rank
09-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Buckethead is amazing. End of story. He's so ****ing versatile it's ridiculous. Listen to something off of colma.. it's all slow, ambient, acoustic stuff. The go pick up Monsters and Robots.. it's all funky techno type rock ****, reeeeaaallly unique stuff. Then go get cuckoo clocks of hell.. best ****ing shred cd ever. Live.. the ****ing guy pretty much only uses a pick about half the time. He taps 1/4 of the time, and then uses his killswitch another 1/4 of the time.

Also, the ****ing guy worked with George Clinton on the mortal kombat sountrack, he did the power rangers theme for the movie, he does a bunch of **** with bootsie collins, worked with steve vai and scott ian on the Ghosts of Mars soundtrack... jesus.. this guy is like my ****ing idol. I can't even comprehend how someone can conjure up a remotely negative statement about buckethead.

Unless you worship Kirk Hammett.. for some reason I can see a closet-homo metallica fan not liking buckethead.. *shrugS*

(Go ahead and t34r teh n00b apart)

Godly Moose
09-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Buckethead is amazing. End of story. He's so ****ing versatile it's ridiculous. Listen to something off of colma.. it's all slow, ambient, acoustic stuff. The go pick up Monsters and Robots.. it's all funky techno type rock ****, reeeeaaallly unique stuff. Then go get cuckoo clocks of hell.. best ****ing shred cd ever. Live.. the ****ing guy pretty much only uses a pick about half the time. He taps 1/4 of the time, and then uses his killswitch another 1/4 of the time.

Also, the ****ing guy worked with George Clinton on the mortal kombat sountrack, he did the power rangers theme for the movie, he does a bunch of **** with bootsie collins, worked with steve vai and scott ian on the Ghosts of Mars soundtrack... jesus.. this guy is like my ****ing idol. I can't even comprehend how someone can conjure up a remotely negative statement about buckethead.

Unless you worship Kirk Hammett.. for some reason I can see a closet-homo metallica fan not liking buckethead.. *shrugS*

(Go ahead and t34r teh n00b apart)

You just brought this topic back from hell. : / We have a MUCH bigger topic.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345991