Dispatch

PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch

silentsteeples
12-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Dispatch Band (http://www.dispatchmusic.com)

Dispatch is a band that broke up last year. They were a trio of guitarists that had to share duty singing and playing guitar. They are an awesome band, and I recommend checking them out.

Anyone else like em?

telemaster1952
12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
they are really good, i like sublime then realized dispatch was much better

JMayer01069
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
i fell in love with them about 2 years ago and missed out on the last dispatch because i was away for the summer but my freinds went and they always talk about it, they have all these tshirts from the concert...my favorite part about them was that they were never abuot the money they were always about the music..hence thier last concert was free

all in all amazingly chill band...very good if you dont know them listen to them

silentsteeples
01-31-2006, 09:01 PM
^Word.

ghettohippygrrl
01-31-2006, 11:33 PM
I really liked the song The General. That's all though.

StrongBad
02-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Shoddy OAR rip-offs who couldn't keep it together. But yeah, "The General" was decent.

silentsteeples
02-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I think Dispatch is way better. But I love O.A.R. as well. I think Dispatch was more meaningful and tighter. And their live shows edge out OAR's imo.

stratstrummer40
02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Alot of peopleat my school loved them. Like Alot, pretty much everyone knew them.

Of course, I hated them.

.:bleednomore:.
02-02-2006, 09:23 PM
^hahahahahahaha.
Yeah aaron thays pretty much how i went.

I didnt mind them.
A few listens every so often but thats it.

Iluvpowerchords
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Funny thing is, I despise OAR but I like Dispatch.

Wierd, huh?

Yertle
02-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Dispatch is one of my favorite bands of all time. And they were founded before OAR, pretty much the greatest independent band of all time.

OAR is good, but thier songs all have a kind of happy go lucky feel, whereas Dispatch music is more meaningful and emotional IMO.

They are supposedly having a reunion tour 2007. I can't wait.

My uncle taught them at Middlebury College where they formed.

I wish this post was more focused.

Sadistic sponge
02-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I saw these guys back when they were little, great band, pete francis has solo stuff, its not too bad

Yertle
02-04-2006, 06:45 PM
State Radio, Chetro's band, isn't bad at all. The song Camilo is superb.

You can download it free on the website

http://www.stateradio.com/camilo.html

MarkyMark7250
02-04-2006, 08:05 PM
"the General" is classic, haven't heard much else though, they formed at the college my dad went to.

Yertle
02-05-2006, 11:12 AM
^ Yea. Middlebury in Vermont.

i_strum_i_drum
02-05-2006, 01:59 PM
horribly overrated.

Yertle
02-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Your reasoning?

martyr
02-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Dispatch is effing brilliant. Straight up. Some of the greatest singer-songwriter/funk/blues/rock music ever. Their lyrics are politically and consciouslly touching and astute, not to mention thought provoking and well composed. Their harmonies vocally and musically are incredible.

IROBOTInferno
02-07-2006, 08:27 PM
They are the only band who had as much creative talent in all the members, Chad Stokes and Braddagan could play Drums Bass and Guitar, and Pete played bass and guitar. all three on them have bery good solo projects going. State Radio is more ska infuace than dispatch that's Chad's band. Braddigan has more of the acoustic songs with the crazy precussion, kind of a duh, and pete has a lot of the blues with a dash of funk in his solo albums. Dispatch is a great band though all members are productive seperate they only truly ignite together.

moonshadowmajik
02-14-2006, 02:41 PM
dispatch should stop be broken up because their music was the best chill music i have ever heard, the general is a great song, fun to play too, they did some cool stuff in their time

Lama
03-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Dispatch were/are one of the greatest bands of modern time, and of course set new standards with regards to independent music circulation. They are one of my two favourite bands ever. I honestly know of few bands who could write so many songs that were written with such poetic and musical skill. A lot of the bands I hear, past and present, I find their songs to be repetitve, or simply are unable to hold or even draw my attention. These three guys are amazingly talented, musically and creatively. I'm sure other artists are too, but the ones that I've heard don't create music at such a consistently high standard.

I like that not many people know about them because it allows me to share their music with them, which I don't get to do often because everyone has heard of the other bands that I like.

gutterman
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Chad Stokes and Braddagan could play Drums Bass and Guitar

True, but Chad could only play the bongo. I think dispatch is truly one of the most versatile band. From the way they switch between instruments, to the writing quality of their music, and how they've mastered their harmonics. Being an avid fan, I can hear the band's development in each c.d., and each c.d. has a great new style to it. Definitly worth a listen.

OzarkMDaredevil
03-07-2008, 01:46 PM
State Radio is badass, and so is Dispatch a Braddigan. State Radio just came out with one of the best albums ever, Year of the Crow.

On the same note, does anyone know where to get GOOD State Radio tabs that aren't completely bar chords?

food1010
04-10-2008, 09:13 PM
True, but Chad could only play the bongo. I think dispatch is truly one of the most versatile band. From the way they switch between instruments, to the writing quality of their music, and how they've mastered their harmonics. Being an avid fan, I can hear the band's development in each c.d., and each c.d. has a great new style to it. Definitly worth a listen.
I'm assuming you mean harmonies? They rarely use harmonics.

But yes I agree with everything you said. Their harmonies are phenomenal. They are all three phenomenal musicians and players. I still can't figure out whether I like State Radio or Dispatch better. Pete and Brad are amazing musicians, but I love the energy Chad puts out in his music. Does anyone have similar feelings?

food1010
04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
"Shoddy OAR rip-offs who couldn't keep it together. But yeah, "The General" was decent."

How can you be so shallow? The General is way overplayed and overrated. It's not even one of their better songs. They have so much depth.

Blimpy19
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Dispatch European Tour .. Amazing.

28th March - Dispatch + Amsterdam .. ahhh yeah .. 13 euros, bargain.