drummer

PDA

View Full Version : drummer

wsd627
12-22-2005, 02:23 PM
hey i have this drummer he is increadible at drums with the double bass and stff i reallydont wanna fire him but he is never in school and we have two band practices a week and he always bails on our thusday practice but he does show up to our saturday practices e is awsomebuti wanna get some were adnot firehim

raph8r
12-22-2005, 02:40 PM
well first tell him that he needs to come to more, it would be unfair just to sack him with no warning, also is he good enough that he can just jump right in when he is there, a ton of band practices arent essential if everyone knows their part and practices it by themselves, and are there any other drummers available.

kirbyrocknroll
12-22-2005, 03:03 PM
tTell him about it...at least give him a warning before you fire him.

bassninja
12-23-2005, 03:54 PM
a ton of band practices arent essential if everyone knows their part and practices it by themselves

Eh, wrong. Even if I know my bass part for whatever is going on at band practice, I still always go. Why? Because if one person drops out, its gonna mess up the practice, its not gonna sound complete, also you loose a bit of the 'playing in a group' thing. You don't want just a load of individual players, you want a real band.

Just tell this guy he needs to show some commitment otherwise you're gonna have to look for another drummer.

cokesodanotdrug
12-24-2005, 02:12 PM
whoa whoa. it sounds to me like he's got scheduling conflicts, talk to him about it? if he's always missing thursday practices, don't have practices on thursdays. have them like saturday and sunday or something, don't just sack him cuz he can't make practices, talk to him about it and see what his schedule entails. Communication is essential in a band, and it's a two way street, you can't just expect him to tell you everything in his life you've got to ask him questions.

Bulletbass man
12-24-2005, 10:40 PM
just talk to him about it first. but drums is sometimes good not to have at practice. they are rather loud.

cokesodanotdrug
12-24-2005, 10:53 PM
just talk to him about it first. but drums is sometimes good not to have at practice. they are rather loud.

loud they may be, without drums you can't keep a beat, you might as well spend the whole practice taking a leak or locking a cabinet with a key...or...whee.