Worst Live Alt/Indie band of the year?

PDA

View Full Version : Worst Live Alt/Indie band of the year?

Rocker4500
12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
And why?

Towlie
12-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Amazingly enough, i didnt go to see every live alt/indie band this year live, so i cant say.

Please call again...

dedrocker92
12-23-2005, 10:49 AM
modest mouse sucks ass live

Goon
12-24-2005, 07:12 AM
The only alt/Indie band even close to that genre that I saw this year was The Hives and it was definitely one of the best concerts i've ever been too :D

No bands come here..

MyMetalHeart<3
12-24-2005, 02:35 PM
modest mouse sucks ass live
try seeing them 5 years ago and you'd change your mind.

but, in other news....

the WORST is BLOC PARTY. kill them. not to mention the lead singer is a dirty trick ass hoe. sounds white, dresses white, but clearly isnt. im down with other races but seems liek he is trying to be something he isnt. and of course, they suck **** live.

928GTS
12-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Seriously would someone PLEASE trample The Kaiser Chiefs for their awful synthy crap? I predict a riot? Err more like I predict i'll kick your ass if you don't stop making craptacular music.

MyMetalHeart<3
12-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Seriously would someone PLEASE trample The Kaiser Chiefs for their awful synthy crap? I predict a riot? Err more like I predict i'll kick your ass if you don't stop making craptacular music.

well said my intelligent aquaintance

MyMetalHeart<3
12-24-2005, 02:48 PM
modest mouse indeed, they only have like 2 good songs, the rest is ****

your a moron. how many albums would you say they have? how many have you actually listened to? thats right you ****.

(i apologize for the sensationalism, but i get protective over my home town bands)

slinks
12-24-2005, 02:54 PM
your a moron. how many albums would you say they have? how many have you actually listened to? thats right you ****.

(i apologize for the sensationalism, but i get protective over my home town bands)

:golfclap:

welton
12-24-2005, 03:07 PM
i hate Bloc Party

bobjewell87
12-26-2005, 03:44 PM
be your own pet

jallas
12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Uh yeah but they were ace live at V fest in the summer, really put on a good show I thought, just general light-heartedness :)

Worst were the Zutons.

armitage_cake
12-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Worst were the Zutons.

<3 Zutons :eek:

Hmmm I think that...... Bloc Party are awesome, and you have to give Kaisers credit because they have gotten so big with music that REALLY isn't that good.

If the Darkness did a gig this year, then I'm sure it was probably **** :D .... No bands really stick out as being exceptionally crap :confused:

Final
12-26-2005, 05:25 PM
edit - deleted what I had. I was in a really pissed off mood. Sorry. But yeah, I haven't really caught any shows around here so I can't really say. Bloc Party would be great to see in my opinion.

nulre
12-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Khonnor. He was wearing a mask and it sucked.

sponj
12-26-2005, 07:28 PM
The Bravery, ****in hawfull

I am Samuel
12-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Dustin's Bar Mitzvah
Apartment
Duels
The Young Knives
Editors

I could go on...most of the new sceney London bands.

phobos
12-27-2005, 03:31 AM
The Bravery, ****in hawfull
i saw the live stream of the KROQ Acoustic Christmas...that was enough to see they were poor live. the vocals just drained ANY semblance of life from the show.

Andrewbiles
12-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Apartment

Nice to see they're getting some notice. Was a nice little list you had there, but I had to pick out the Apartment because I saw them probably a couple of years ago now with Cherryfalls and they'll always hold a little place in my heart (as they were the reason for starting the first 'Brits' thread on here).

GDTSA
12-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I normally like bloc party, but they are total ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, live

paulpaulpaul
12-27-2005, 03:17 PM
the WORST is BLOC PARTY. kill them. not to mention the lead singer is a dirty trick ass hoe. sounds white, dresses white, but clearly isnt. im down with other races but seems liek he is trying to be something he isnt. and of course, they suck **** live.

how can you sound and dress white? to me, and im sure to pretty much every other non-narrow minded person on these boards, they would say he sounds british. what a bastard! how dare he sound british!

wait minute...

he is british?

hmmm.....

they were one of the best live bands i saw this year by the way

barney18
12-28-2005, 12:49 AM
I have to agree with paul-to-the-third-power. I loved Bloc Party live at ACL and from other live videos. The singer has one of the strongest British accents while singing/talking that I've heard in a while. They put on a very high energy show and were spot on in every aspect IMHO. I would say worst for me was Embrace. I will always rant and rave about how he would stand motionless with his head down for 5 minutes while his band would rock out. The band themselves were great, but I think that I can only (barely) handle one UK Jesus out of Bono. The singer kept showing how enfatuated he was with himself while it was obvious that it was the band that had put out the only effort that night. I hate to say that one person could ruin a bands performance that badly.

sydbarrettsaves
12-28-2005, 01:19 AM
modest mouse sucks ass live cause issac is always drunk and he slobers the words out and it sounds like a garbled mess. pairing that with their ****ty new album its even worse. they used to be good live when the songs were actually good, then it didn't matter that you couldnt really understand what he was saying because it ruled reguardless.

rocknrollstar5
12-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Uh yeah but they were ace live at V fest in the summer, really put on a good show I thought, just general light-heartedness :)

why didnt you watch oasis?

jallas
12-28-2005, 04:34 PM
...I did, lol.

Cedence
12-28-2005, 06:48 PM
The Bravery are awful live.

paulpaulpaul
12-29-2005, 07:29 AM
indeed the bravery were awful live when i saw them, but they weren't quite as bad as one of the other support bands...

sons and daughters... first time i had heard them, they sounded ok, but the male guitarist was a complete and utter twat, he stopped halfway through a song because he didnt feel the crowd was reacting the right way and refused to play the rest because the crowd weren't enjoying it as he thought they should have...

jallas
12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
I saw Sons & Daughters in April and thought they were pretty good tbh. Except for the female singer who probably should have bought her dress in the next size up :/

radiofight202
01-08-2006, 09:53 PM
bravery

Sundancekid
01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
so the proclaimers they were amasing saw hard fi they were the epitamy of *****

(please don't nit pick if i miss spelt somthing surely you've got somthing better to do with your time)

i_strum_i_drum
01-09-2006, 03:20 PM
firstly, it's quite obvious you have never seen them live. secondly well... you know i'm just going to let your immaturity speak for me when i say that you shouldn't be allowed to talk about music.

rockergurl09
01-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Gorrillaz (supposedly in the alt. category, even though they are hip-hop all the way.) They've seeped in the stupidest songs into rock radio. And the band members must be butt ugly since they never show themselves in public, just their demented cartoon characters.

rogue.orchid
01-10-2006, 10:07 AM
bloc party - excellent live - extremely tight drumming - even my dad saw them on tv and said how god the drummer was

bravery - pretty much the opposite of bloc party - to be a dance band the drummer needs to be really tight on the bass drum - he wasnt, and the singing is just hopeless...

the-indie-kid
01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
bloc party are incredible live. i had the album of them live at reading until my ipod screwed up.

worst live act of the year would have to be babyshambles, as they didnt turn up
elbow bored me a bit when i saw them live

HelpImARock
01-10-2006, 05:28 PM
And the band members must be butt ugly since they never show themselves in public, just their demented cartoon characters.

Your aware that the Gorillaz is the guy from Blurs' side project right?

I'm pretty sure it's just him and a bunch of studio musicians.

I got dragged to The Decemberists this year, and maybe it's just my dislike for them couple with an off night but they were really something awful.

help:hmmm
01-13-2006, 09:58 AM
i havent actually seen them but apparently Test Icicles are not very good live because they have a drum machine so apparently it dosent sound that great. amazing non-live though.

Andrewbiles
01-13-2006, 10:14 AM
^ Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about their live performances, I don't think it's much to do with the drum machine though (unless it's a poor quality one) because I've seen people play alright with drum machines.

01-13-2006, 01:58 PM
yer which is a shame really because i was going to get some tickets to see them b4 i heard that i re-thought it threw and ive waited so i can go see regina spektor at the zodiac in oxford.

scoob666
01-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Billy Corgan was pretty poor. Luckily, I managed to liven up my evening by being violently ill then falling asleep for a bit.

Godzilla1969
01-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Are the Strokes Good live? Because I was thinking about buying tickets next time they're in LA.

paulpaulpaul
01-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Gorrillaz (supposedly in the alt. category, even though they are hip-hop all the way.) They've seeped in the stupidest songs into rock radio. And the band members must be butt ugly since they never show themselves in public, just their demented cartoon characters.

are you an idiot?

yes, yes you are...

01-24-2006, 12:20 PM
damon alburn is a ****ing legend its not that there ugly he just didnt want to make a band riding off his own past sucess wanted to start over again each one of the gorrilaz singles have been v. good and all have there own unique taste

vampires
01-26-2006, 05:14 PM
the bravery were ****house

galapogo
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Worst were the Zutons.

I met the lead singer and the bassist from the Zutons when I was at a party. I think i hugged them both :o

WhiteStripesIII
05-06-2006, 04:22 PM

Worst were the Zutons.

THE ZUTONS ARE AMAZING LIVE!!!! YOU JUST WERENT PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO THEM.

Goon
05-07-2006, 04:44 AM
aaaah this thread is back! So 2005.

Despite that fact I've seen many a bad alt/indie gig this year. None too shocking though.

jallas
05-07-2006, 06:40 AM
THE ZUTONS ARE AMAZING LIVE!!!! YOU JUST WERENT PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO THEM.
of course, duhhh, obviously I wans't paying attention to them if I have differing opinions to you.

in actual fact, you're pretty right, about the second part. I wasn't paying my full attention to them. Because at the time I was standing a few feet away from Athlete in the NME tent. Joel Potts little toe > the whole of the Zutons.

Monkeygone2hvn
05-08-2006, 07:58 PM
i think hot hot heat was the worst indie-ish band i saw this year, they opened for weezer and foo fighters and all of their songs sounded exactly the same and they werent vrey energetic...

Abe
05-09-2006, 05:11 AM
Just going off what I've seen on TV Hard-Fi were the most appalling.

Oh, and WhiteStripesIII, jallas is right, The Zutons were a bit crap at V festival, although I can't say whether Joel Potts toe is better live though, she might be wrong about that.

jamiecallaghan
05-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Um... From live footage Be Your Own Pet look awful

From personal experience the Ordinary Boys (don't ask) were so boring. Made worse by the fact that there were 6986790595 young girls going ''we love you Preston''.

Oh yeah, and Preston is a dumb fooker. They played this crappy B-side and he went:

''If you've heard that before......you're very.............................clever.................................................................................................................................................................................cleverer than everyone else here''

Dumb ass. Bravery are wank too.

cnut
05-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Kasabian were a horrible live band. I saw them as the first support at for Oasis, and they sucked dick.

mattlock
05-09-2006, 10:13 PM
She Wants Revenge. Not only they suck, but their singer's an idiot too. He's a complete Ian Curtis rip-off, but denies sounding like Joy Division. They sound like New Order. :rolleyes:

Monkeygone2hvn
05-10-2006, 01:10 AM
She Wants Revenge. Not only they suck, but their singer's an idiot too. He's a complete Ian Curtis rip-off, but denies sounding like Joy Division. They sound like New Order. :rolleyes:

that band bugs me so much, they started off as rappers and then they decided to become an indie band because apparently its now trendy to be indie..

their songs arent they great and they do sound like a rip of interpol/joydivison/ new order

strokes4ever
05-11-2006, 05:23 PM
the kaiser cheifs are really startin to piss me off. They're well over-played although i liked them at first, I'd also like 2 point out hard-fi are completly ****e

Connorcore
05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Out of all the bands I saw live I'd have to sa they're the worst, maybe it was just my show but there was no energy and they weren't as tight as on the record. The sound was crap I couldn't hear Russel at all. They had no stage presence, the Kills totally outshined them. They're still an amazing band though, I really like the Black Session, they just need to work on stage presence and tightness.

sydbarrettsaves
05-11-2006, 10:18 PM
i'd say the arctic monkeys. p.s. i strum i drum quit being a c u n t