Any good easy bass solos

PDA

View Full Version : Any good easy bass solos

terrorfan24
12-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey guys I have another question,
This this time I am trying to get songs down on bass but I can not find a song that is easy for the guitarist and easy for the bass player. My brother and I are looking for easy songs to learn quick. We did not realize we had a half an hour set of music and we are really jammed for ideas. I was thinking maybe solos for guitar and maybe one for bass. Our set consists of:
Black Sabbath's Electric Funeral
Hawthorne Heights' Nikki FM with two guest guitarists (for ryth.guitar)
Deep Purple's Black Knight
A song I wrote called Sarah just for bass
Some how we have to fill an half an hour but we do not think we can make it. We can not think of any ideas on what to learn in the next week so we can play a gig. If anyone has an easy solos or songs that are for one guitarist/ one bass player or two guitarists let me know. I used to play alittle of guitar before I moved to bass and I even play piano but with the set we have I do not feel like breaking out the classical Mozart stuff I play of the Chopin Preludes or something like that. Like I said before if anyone can help us out that would be GREAT!!!!! have fun guys

Thanks,
Terrorfan24

nine01n
12-23-2005, 10:41 PM
the introduction to carosel (spelling?) by blink 182 could be considered a bass solo. its fairly easy and a very fun song to play

dudewithapen
12-23-2005, 10:43 PM
If you can find a decent tab somewhere for Tonight by Def Leppard. Intricate sounding rythym, wikkid good solo, but very easy to play. Always With Me, Always With You by Joe Satriani. Improv the breakdowns if need be. Flows well when me and my brother do it.
Or just jam for a bit. Throw together some creative pieces and practice them beforehand. Hope it helps. I've played a couple gigs, mostly just for friends, and my brother and I just kinda goofed off a bit, had fun with it. Not at the expense of the crowd though, which is what's important.

dudewithapen
12-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Screw everything I said. I was thinking 2 guitarists not a bassist. My bad!

BEAST89
12-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Otherside by RHCP

Quite possibly the best simple song for both bass and guitar.

SilentDeftone
12-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Simon & Garfunkel - Old Friends/Bookends
Simon & Garfunkel - Sound of Silence

There are plenty of relatively easy songs out there! :) Also, *moved*

-SD :dance:

Freunleven
12-24-2005, 08:02 AM
You could just add a few more Sabbath tunes. "Nativity In Black" technically begins with a bass solo entitled "Bassically," largely a minor pentatonic run. Pretty easy stuff. "War Pigs" would eat up a good chunk of time, as well. Or, for a lesser-known tune, try "The Wizard" - the tab is in the current Guitar World.

:satan:

Scourge441
12-28-2005, 02:58 PM
the introduction to carosel (spelling?) by blink 182 could be considered a bass solo.
It's a straight-up major scale. That is no solo.

As for good bass songs, try some Tool. I'm not sure about easy bass solos, though.

kirbyrocknroll
12-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Californication-RHCP

Slash Jr.
12-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Green Day-Holiday.

Not really a solo, but you'll get away with it.

punk_pwincess
12-29-2005, 11:59 PM
well Green Day songs are heaps easy. Try playing 'Warning' (easiest song EVER), Longview (catchy rhythm), Welcome to Paradise (solo), or The Offsprings 'Original Prankster' (just really fun to play!)

SomeEvilDude
01-04-2006, 03:29 PM
'Hey You' and 'Pigs (Three Different Ones)' by Pink Floyd have bass solos. 'N.I.B.' by... is it Ozzy or Black Sabbath? One of those two... that has a bass solo for the intro.
'Anasthesia' (sp?) by Metallica IS a bass solo.

Yeah, probably more, but meh.

fjelljo
01-05-2006, 09:29 AM
I see that a couple of people are mentioning green day without mentioning "No one knows". It's a 40 second long bass intro on it that kinda sounds a bit like "Anasthesia" by Metallica. Anyway it awsome and not too hard to play.

Audio_State
01-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Maxwell murder by Rancid on bass

lol

P. Townshend
01-07-2006, 04:49 AM
'Hey You' and 'Pigs (Three Different Ones)' by Pink Floyd have bass solos. 'N.I.B.' by... is it Ozzy or Black Sabbath? One of those two... that has a bass solo for the intro.
'Anasthesia' (sp?) by Metallica IS a bass solo.

Yeah, probably more, but meh.

Lol that Cliff Burton solo on Kill 'Em All might take him a while. Even if you have the chops it would take a long time to learn a solo that long.

apc--ibanez
01-07-2006, 07:16 AM
NIB - black sabbath

The Powerslave
01-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Sabbath and Chillis mainly as people have been saying. Both bands only have 1 guitarist and a bassist, so it fits you perfectly.

BuryMeInBlack
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Song 2 by Blur is easy on guitar and bass and has a kind of bass solo near the end.