Best Album of 05 (Hardcore)

PDA

View Full Version : Best Album of 05 (Hardcore)

se7en_666
12-24-2005, 05:10 AM
what, in ur opinion was the best hardcore/metalcore album of this past year? there have been lots of standouts. for me, i'd say
A7X - City of Evil,
As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security,
Trivium - Ascendancy.
they were all awesome in their own ways and no one of them can be classified as BEST imo.

what do u think?

benjaminr
12-24-2005, 05:34 AM
i disagree, ascendancy was so much better that its in a different class altogether than those other albums.

morello_man
12-24-2005, 06:43 AM
All great albums. Few others. 'The Poison' by Bullet For My Valentine, 'Alaska" by Between The Buried And Me. Is that one 2005? I dunno, I just got it. Tie between City Of Evil and Ascendancy.

universalrocker
12-24-2005, 06:53 AM
The Poison by BFMV and Acendency by trivium!!I've heard one or two songs from As I Lay Dying's album and it was quite impressive but I'll have to go with the two that I know so well!!They just have such an impact!!!

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
12-24-2005, 08:59 AM
There are so many bad albums mentioned in this thread it makes me want to cry.
Down To Nothing - Splitting Headache
Miles Away - Concequences
Blacklisted - We're Unstoppable (I think this came out this year)
Knuckledust - Unbreakable
This Is Hell - This Is Hell (Again I think this came out this year)
Your Life Is A Grave - R.I.P.

Lots of good albums this year.

Independent27
12-24-2005, 10:24 AM
BTBAM - Alaska
Protest the Hero - Kezia
The Fall of Troy - Doppelganger
Chiodos - All's well that ends well

Gomorrah
12-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Kezia, Alaska, Cloak of Love, By the Sign of the Spyglass, Clients, The Design, Undoing Ruin, Splitting Headache.

False_God
12-24-2005, 10:47 AM
As I lay dying

.:bleednomore:.
12-24-2005, 11:09 AM
I would have to say The Fall Of Troy's "Doppleganger" was pretty sweet.

se7en_666
12-24-2005, 12:27 PM
the poison was good, for sure, but i dont think it ranked along wit the others. i think BFMV, talented as they are, need to mature a bit more musically. o yea, forgot to mention fall of troy. that was awesome

shai_savant
12-24-2005, 12:53 PM

plus new ringworm and bane-the note and that shai hulud cd that was like just a random cd and i LOVED the ZA/SMP split

funeralforafrie
12-24-2005, 01:38 PM
The Fall of Rome, Alaska, Shadows are Security.

TimePheonix
12-24-2005, 01:40 PM
the best one is Trivium's Ascendancy. matt and corey solo for half the song on each track. they have to be the best soloing writters out there today. their music has had such an effect on my playing. everything about them inspires you to want to play faster, heavier, and write freakin awesome solos.

so yeah thats my vote. Ascendancy by Trivium.

~timepheonix

pmeg568c
12-24-2005, 03:49 PM
ok. its about time for this. im gonna make a poll of the ones the forum will prolly agree with, but im really tired so ill prolly forget some

vote bitches

um put Bane - The Note in the 10 spot

metaljunkie
12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
what about Project 86's ....And The Rest Will Follow
That is one of the better rue hardcore albums out there, most of those bands are metalcore.

XMeatHookMartyX
12-24-2005, 04:07 PM
There was a lot more than just those cd's that came out this year, no do poll.

Cadd99
12-24-2005, 04:08 PM
"Alaska" biatches.

No competish yo.

pmeg568c
12-24-2005, 04:10 PM
ya. ya. ya. i try and im not being picky about subgenres sheesh. these are the bands that are talked about alot on the forum, im not saying you have to pick one, if its up there, which it might be, pick it, if not, tell us all :)

Combat
12-24-2005, 04:37 PM
out of those.... undoing ruin

Andrewbiles
12-24-2005, 07:06 PM
For me it was either Wow, Owls! or xbxrx's albums.

pinheadslts75
12-24-2005, 07:11 PM
My vote goes to Fall of Troy

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
12-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Threads have been merged as there was no need for two.

LedZeppelin
12-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Alaska is okay from what I've heard of it, overrated though. I'd say Shadows Are Security, not because it's actually a great album, but because it sucks so much exponentially less than Frail Words. Haha. That just shows how awful that album really is.

frying nemo08
12-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Doppleganger or Alls Well that Ends Well, those have been the 2 that ive enjoyed the most this year

blank_Systems
12-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Doppleganger by far.

SilentSpectacle
12-24-2005, 09:43 PM
The Fall of Troy is really good, but so far overrated on this forum.

Alaska. Mechanical Hand a close second.

casualtyvampire
12-25-2005, 03:47 AM
[QUOTE=PiNk_ThE_pUnK]

Thankyou... :cheers:

Blacklisted - The Beat Goes On...
Betrayed - Addiction Ep

The Bled
12-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Alaska, i just got the number 12's album i love it but its not as good as alaska and i have doppleganger but i still prefer BTBAM.

The Nameless666
12-25-2005, 11:00 PM
i dont like Alaska that much.....i think that protest the hero- keiza is by far the best this year

stratstrummer40
12-26-2005, 12:32 AM
doppleganger
kezia
nuclearsadnuclear
the mechinical hand

those were the ones that were the toughest to decide out of but i went with doppleganger

emokid182
12-26-2005, 02:34 PM

I love you.

That list pretty much sums it up, but i would add bane the note.

xKurtx
12-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Well, that poll is disgusting and I don't own any of those albums...my list.
Bane- The note
Madball- Legacy (come on it's madball)
Comeback Kid- Wake the Dead
Stretch Armstrong- free at last
Set Your Goals- s/t
Blacklisted- We're unstopable
With Honor- This is our revenge/ split with the distance
This is Hell- s/t (b/c all the other cool kids have listed it and yeah it is really good)

guywithtoaster
12-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Safety Second, Body Last-The Locust is better than all the other ones listed

GATORSMASH
12-26-2005, 11:14 PM

i love you

GATORSMASH
12-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, that poll is disgusting and I don't own any of those albums...my list.
Bane- The note
Madball- Legacy (come on it's madball)
Comeback Kid- Wake the Dead
Stretch Armstrong- free at last
Set Your Goals- s/t
Blacklisted- We're unstopable
With Honor- This is our revenge/ split with the distance
This is Hell- s/t (b/c all the other cool kids have listed it and yeah it is really good)
i love you also

SilentSpectacle
12-26-2005, 11:48 PM
i love you also

AWMYGOZ DU YOO LUV MEE I TINK ATREYU WUZ TEH BESST ALBUMN UV TEH YEER

Grilled Chez
12-27-2005, 09:48 PM
"Alaska" or "The Mechanical Hand".

stonedkirby
12-28-2005, 12:54 AM
wow....jesus....do you guys know WTF hardcore even is...Trivium isnt hardcore , its Metalcore at most...not putting it down tho Ascendancy is one , maybe even my favorite album of 2005 and im mostly into hardcore...but yeah its metal..As i lay dying is metalcore too...city of evil isnt hardcore , hard, or core...i think its crap...it sucks A7X went in that direction but w/e...undoing ruin is also again under the metal/metalcore category...
Best Hardcore albums

Tough Guy hardcore
Bury Your Dead - Cover Your Tracks
Remembering Never - Women And Children Die first ( not sure if this is considered tough guy , but hey i can understand the guy when he sings )
Terror - one with the underdogs

hardcore/punk
Blood for blood - outlaw anthems

Post Hardcore
Winter Solstice - The Fall Of Rome
The Acacia Strain - 3750

hmmm..yup i think those r all 2005...of course i didnt mention any that dont belong in a thread titled best HARDCORE bands...city of evil...-_-

kaktusnpoop
12-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Set Your Goals - S/T
Doomriders - Black Thunder

and

Pelican - The Fire In Our Hearts Will Beckon The Thaw

GATORSMASH
12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
[QUOTE=stonedkirby]wow....jesus....do you guys know WTF hardcore even is...Trivium isnt hardcore , its Metalcore at most...not putting it down tho Ascendancy is one , maybe even my favorite album of 2005 and im mostly into hardcore...but yeah its metal..As i lay dying is metalcore too...city of evil isnt hardcore , hard, or core...i think its crap...it sucks A7X went in that direction but w/e...undoing ruin is also again under the metal/metalcore category...
QUOTE]
thank you
when i tried to say that I got raped by all the atreyu lovers
as i lay ddying isnt hardcore people

Blacklisted-were unstoppable
KLU-Outta control

best albums this year

shai_savant
12-28-2005, 01:28 AM
[QUOTE=stonedkirby]wow....jesus....do you guys know WTF hardcore even is...Trivium isnt hardcore , its Metalcore at most...not putting it down tho Ascendancy is one , maybe even my favorite album of 2005 and im mostly into hardcore...but yeah its metal..As i lay dying is metalcore too...city of evil isnt hardcore , hard, or core...i think its crap...it sucks A7X went in that direction but w/e...undoing ruin is also again under the metal/metalcore category...
QUOTE]
thank you
when i tried to say that I got raped by all the atreyu lovers
as i lay ddying isnt hardcore people

Blacklisted-were unstoppable
KLU-Outta control

best albums this year
i hate kids like us

Craigo
12-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty suprised on the hardcore forum. Ever since emo sneaked it's way into metalcore, this forums been full of Atreyu and Bullet For My Valentine Bull. Eitherway, this forum should be renamed into "core" genres. There are far more and more metalcore fans these days. Not complaining, I love my Killswitch.

Back onto the point... I brought Alaska and found that pretty overated. Not bad, but it isn't too great either. My Favourite album of the year (by far) is Cilents by The Red Chord. They can be found on pure volume. Brillant band. The Black Dahli Murder weren't too bad this year.

Ohh, I was a fan of Bullet For My Valentine. Their EP was pretty impressive, a little too emo but impressive. The Poison, that was a waste of money. That wasn't even metalcore - that was pop metal. Please, do not consider themselves worthy of hardcore, let alone metalcore.

*EDIT*

Probably my favourite album of the year was Ascendacy. I've listened it to death now but it still had the biggest impact on me.

pmeg568c
12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
please dont ruin this thread with elitism. this forum is NOT ONLY FOR HARDCORE BANDS

the poll is the MOST discussed bands, im not saying they are better then Blacklisted, and the likes, i liked those albums the poll is unbiased.

and stop complaining only like TWO people cited as i lay dying

Dotpunker89
12-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Trivium-Ascendancy
A7X-City of Evil
As I lay dying-Shadows are Security

bloodstained
12-28-2005, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=PiNk_ThE_pUnK]

Thankyou... :cheers:

Blacklisted - The Beat Goes On...
Betrayed - Addiction Ep

That would have to be the gayest avator I have ever seen. Seriously....My Hate, My Choice! :no:

DeathCab4Cutie
12-28-2005, 11:31 PM
alright can we all agree that "hardcore" in this forum generally includes metalcore, post hardcore, and everything else? Anyway I'd have to say the best "hardcore" album of the year for me would either be The Fall of Rome- Winter Solstice, or Son, I Loved You at Your Darket- As Cities Burn.

Scourge441
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
wow....jesus....do you guys know WTF hardcore even is...Trivium isnt hardcore , its Metalcore at most...not putting it down tho Ascendancy is one , maybe even my favorite album of 2005 and im mostly into hardcore...but yeah its metal..
Go to the metal forum and call Trivium metal. See what happens to you. Ascendancy was a very good album, but it wasn't the Hardcore album of the year.

That honor goes to God Forbid-IV: The Constitution of Treason. Is there no love for these guys on this forum?

stonedkirby
12-30-2005, 02:40 AM
please dont ruin this thread with elitism. this forum is NOT ONLY FOR HARDCORE BANDS

the poll is the MOST discussed bands, im not saying they are better then Blacklisted, and the likes, i liked those albums the poll is unbiased.

The thread is called Best Album of 05 ( Hardcore )
So the only bands listed should be hardcore bands or bands that fall under that similar category , ie metalcore ( as i lay dying ) , deathcore ( all shall perish ), etc.
You wont see someone go into the emo forums and post Protest the hero or Winter Solstice at best pop emo punk album of 05 thread, so they dont belong here polluting this thread. The people who post here should know wtf theyre talking about , talk about the things u know about.
A7X isnt hardcore , at most it might be crapcore , but if u ask me its rock/emo. i think most hardcore listeners will agree...come on its just common sense.
it has no place in this thread , and if this about the most disscused music , the pop emo listeners can just come here and start blabbering about green day and simple plan...ew...and thats the reason we have different forums.
so lets just get this out in the open-

A7X - ROCK/EMO

AS I LAY DYING - METALCORE

TRIVIUM - METAL/METALCORE

if you want some examples of hardcore check out the WHAT IS HARDCORE THREAD.
:( you people sadden me

pmeg568c
12-30-2005, 12:24 PM
did you not just read what i said? OBVIOUSLY if youve been around here at ALL the term hardcore in this forum covers a WIDE-RANGE. i just got through explaining that the hardcore thread involves SUBGENRES. use some common sense and thnik that the thread goes along the same lines! And its the most discussed hardcore music obviously, not any music lol. you wouldnt complain if you were a regular.

we all know what real hardcore is. trust me. There are just bands that fit no where else. if you have read this thread at all you would have seen why people like you just need to shush.

Scourge441
12-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Hardcore forum description:

Mosh it up to your favorite hardcore and metalcore bands!
So, unless you're one of the types that doesn't think metalcore exists, then metalcore albums can be discussed in here.

My vote still stands for Constitution of Treason as best hardcore album of the year.

Independent27
12-30-2005, 06:22 PM
The thread is called Best Album of 05 ( Hardcore )
So the only bands listed should be hardcore bands or bands that fall under that similar category , ie metalcore ( as i lay dying ) , deathcore ( all shall perish ), etc.
You wont see someone go into the emo forums and post Protest the hero or Winter Solstice at best pop emo punk album of 05 thread, so they dont belong here polluting this thread. The people who post here should know wtf theyre talking about , talk about the things u know about.
A7X isnt hardcore , at most it might be crapcore , but if u ask me its rock/emo. i think most hardcore listeners will agree...come on its just common sense.
it has no place in this thread , and if this about the most disscused music , the pop emo listeners can just come here and start blabbering about green day and simple plan...ew...and thats the reason we have different forums.
so lets just get this out in the open-

A7X - ROCK/EMO

AS I LAY DYING - METALCORE

TRIVIUM - METAL/METALCORE

if you want some examples of hardcore check out the WHAT IS HARDCORE THREAD.
:( you people sadden me

I'm going to take the guess you've never heard A7X Pre-Bat country?

Oneofmanyfallen
12-31-2005, 02:00 AM
Miss Machine - Dillinger Escape Plan

Anyone? Anyone?

****kin' killer, Panasonic Youth will rip your nuts out, munch on em, and spit it back into your mouth.

But that's just my opinion

stonedkirby
12-31-2005, 03:11 AM
yeah dillingers album was really good.
UM , THE REASON I SAID A7X DOESNT BELONG HERE IS BECAUSE THEYRE PAST DOESNT MEAN **** HERE ,ITS BEST ALBUM OF 2005 , AND YES I HEARD THEM , I HAVE SOUNDING THE SEVENTH TRUMPET AND WAKING THE FALLEN.
and they sound nothing like they do now..
Yeah what r u saying exactly pmeg568c , that A7X's City of evil fall under hardcore ? explain this to me to me please , or should i ask one of the countless little girls who blast bat country from their cars and windows? or should i ask the emo boys who like to put the same makeup the singer wears...
there are like 3 places A7X belongs
NU METAL ( they belong next to korn and slipknot. )
ROCK ( theyre pretty soft , a little too ****ing soft to be listed under hardcore if you ask me )
EMO ( come on this one is obvious , wtf are guys doing with makeup on , not only that they appeal to the emo kids )

SO please , stop trying to justify your stupidity , A7X has nothing to do with hardcore , the closest they ever came was years ago. they dont belong here , DONT BELONG HERE UNDER HARDCORE , HARDCORE FORUM NO BELONGY , UNDERSTANDY?

they are other forums you can post them under

Ah , heres a thought - why dont you go to theyre myspace , numbnuts
http://www.myspace.com/avengedsevenfold
check out how they describe themselves. ( bull , theyre not metal..)
check out the bands they play with....they would get raped at a hardcore show , or no one would show at all.
Holy **** , look at theyre top 8 friends! My Chemical Romance! hoolllllly ****
so when is someone gonna post MCR as theyre fav hardcore band of 05? anyone?
the reason im mad is because i came here to see if there was any good hardcore to be found , and i find city of evil.
W-T-F MATE.

ThisPerishedMin
12-31-2005, 05:58 AM
hahaha, this man ^^^^ speaks the truth....

and i actually forgot that DEP's album came out this year....and yea id call it a masterpiece....many people diss it for the new style....but thats what theyre after and i respect the new grounds....good stuff.....my new #1 actually........

se7en_666
12-31-2005, 10:21 AM
hey why has no one yet mentioned god forbid?????
constitution of treason was awesome.

XMeatHookMartyX
12-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Ok no one has said Animosity- Empires yet (Big mistake) or Since By Man - Pictures from hotel apocolypse, You are all tied into annoying music like horse the band and trivium.

Scourge441
12-31-2005, 10:51 PM
hey why has no one yet mentioned god forbid?????
constitution of treason was awesome.
I mentioned Constitution Of Treason twice.

sonixon
01-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Kezia.

MartiniKiss7
01-02-2006, 12:31 PM
HORSE The Band definatly.

martyr
01-02-2006, 02:13 PM
I wish we could like not let certain people respond, somehow.

I hate to say it, but I think the best core album released this year The Fall of Troy's Doppleganger.

For the more metalish stide of core music...

Genghis Tron - The Cloak of Love EP

Life in Pictures - By the Signs of the Spyglass
Darkest Hour - Undoing Ruin
Through the Eyes of the Dead - Bloodlust
Into the Moar - The Design

Arsenix
11-06-2006, 09:06 PM
None of those are hardcore bands. Please look up Aesthetix's (sp?) Hardcore Genre Dictionary so you can set yourself straight.

Skat64er
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
way to bump a year old thread, here have a cookie

SadistNation
11-06-2006, 11:07 PM
none of these are really hardcore, but whatever, it's a good list.

DH takes it by far.

pmeg568c
11-06-2006, 11:11 PM
yea hah, uh i made this thread when the word hardcore in the hardcore and emo forum didnt mean straight hardcore. so basically you dont know what your talking about