:eek:

this should go into the fastest shredders list

misfits385
12-26-2005, 07:12 PM
:eek:

He's playing a jem. :)

lessthanthree
12-26-2005, 07:13 PM
impressive, but what's the point? it sounds terrible.

rayIII
12-26-2005, 07:22 PM
that's mere child's play.... you should hear my american idiot jam

nagirrab
12-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Thats ridiculous. It may be completely lacking emotion but god damn thats fast.

Hot Pants
12-26-2005, 07:37 PM
You can barely see his hand moving freakin hell!!!

I don't want to hear one person saying it lacks emotion because that is a 40 second thing that im sure was not designed to be "Emotional" as such, but merely to show the world that he is really really really really good. which you are entitled to do if you can play that fast.

davisdavis
12-26-2005, 07:52 PM
that's mere child's play.... you should hear my american idiot jam
I should if you ever decided to show us.

Stand and deliver.

apocalypse13
12-26-2005, 08:36 PM
You can barely see his hand moving freakin hell!!!

I don't want to hear one person saying it lacks emotion because that is a 40 second thing that im sure was not designed to be "Emotional" as such, but merely to show the world that he is really really really really good. which you are entitled to do if you can play that fast.
Exactly. Who gives a crap what you play if you play like that!!?!?

There's a lot of shredders on videos that play covers who are really good. Toni Lloret has a lot of them on Google Video, and he's really good.

rayIII
12-26-2005, 08:44 PM
I should if you ever decided to show us.

Stand and deliver.
:haha :haha :haha

apocalypse13
12-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey if you could sweep out some arpeggios to that chord progression, it'd probably sound pretty kick ass.

ibanez4life SZ!
12-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Fast as hell, but no emotion and IMO, it just doesn't sound good.....it's like he's just sliding very awkwardly.....

SnowballofDoom
12-26-2005, 08:54 PM
It may be completely lacking emotion but god damn thats fast.

Fast as hell, but no emotion and IMO, it just doesn't sound good.....it's like he's just sliding very awkwardly.....

:cry: Not the emotion bull****

apocalypse13
12-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Snowball's emo?

Gabuydachk
12-26-2005, 09:32 PM
wow...that's...um...fast...um...yeah...
the purpose of it wasn't to be emotional, but to show off (as arrogant as it seems). if he wanted to be emotional, he probably wouldn't have wrote this with his video:
"Tiago Della Vega is the fastest guitar player in the world.
He can make 38 notes in 1 second"

Erc
12-26-2005, 11:49 PM
:cry: Not the emotion bull****

Yea that invalid bull**** argument has been overused and I think every shredder out there who knows half his or her **** has beating the stuffing out of it.

Anyways yea...that was amazing.

I loved his left hand technique, damn you could barley see the fingers moving! aweosme ^_^.

bigwilliestyle
12-27-2005, 02:49 AM
sweet, you cant **** with that, i guess we have a new fastest shredder......

Mad Marius
12-27-2005, 04:33 AM
Terrible.

I really wish these really fast players would use their skill to actually make music, instead of showing off "OMFG look how fast I can play! LOOK! SEE? WORSHIP ME!!"

And what's with the "38 BPS". What is "B"? Beats? Bytes? :) Don't they mean "Notes" per Second?

public property
12-27-2005, 04:53 AM
look, nobody said come listen to this, its awesome music, just take it for what it is, faster then you!

needurskullz
12-27-2005, 04:53 AM
that guy is pretty good. He does sum sweeps at the end to they just dunt sound like em haha

shredfan
12-27-2005, 05:37 AM
I hate Tiago Della Vega. He's simply full of bullsh*t

He has horrible tone despite using a JEM.

He is very sloppy, and doesnt seem to know what or how he is playing. For some reason he thinks the fastest way to tremolo pick is DDUUDDUU. He does this at slow speeds, but as soon as he speeds up, he alternates. At his 'hyperspeed' his picking is not at all smooth or consistent.

His tremolo picking is actually about 18-20nps- nowhere near 38nps. Before people go 'OMG 18-20nps thats pathetic ur lying!!11' check out Theodore Ziras playing at that speed on the alternate picking lessons on his site. That is faster than you and unlike with Della Vega, it is accurate, in time to a metronome and you can actually hear NOTES even at such speed. A lot of people have completely lost all perspective on the whole speed thing, none more so than Della Vega.

He also made up a lie about there being a G4 with him, Francesco Fareri, Rusty Cooley and Chris Impelliteri in South America.

In summarising Della Vega, there is nothing more appropriate than the comment at the bottom of his first Chops From Hell column:

'"chops from hell" indeed'.

Dotpunker89
12-27-2005, 05:47 AM
Interesting,really really really really fast. Didnt like it though make no sense. But theres any way that would be fake I mean like a recording running?

flamencogod
12-27-2005, 05:59 AM
sound like sh[I]t

IgnoreThis
12-27-2005, 06:18 AM
As much as i HATE bashing a guitar player about the emotion and melody crap, that sounded pretty damn bad, just wankery, not even like Kerry King chromatic sort of stuff, where it actually fits in and works, its just really bad wankery which sounds like a guitar thrown at helicopter rotors or something. Is that basically what the Paus recording sounded like?

The UG Squirrel
12-27-2005, 06:50 AM
As much as i HATE bashing a guitar player about the emotion and melody crap, that sounded pretty damn bad, just wankery, not even like Kerry King chromatic sort of stuff, where it actually fits in and works, its just really bad wankery which sounds like a guitar thrown at helicopter rotors or something. Is that basically what the Paus recording sounded like?

Agreed, and yes. Good post by shredfan as well.

Matt_Malmsteen
12-27-2005, 07:53 AM
That is amazingly fast, but it sounds terrible and playing a JEM should at least give him a nice tone but it sounds crap...not that I could do any better :p: but he does sound terrible

OMFG Theodore Ziras I just watched his stuff...he is insane sooo good and fast...and his finger lift on his fretting hand...OMG....this guy isn't human..either that or he sold his soul to satan for them chops...thats just not right :eek:

and what guitar is he playing?

Brendan DEwald
12-27-2005, 08:26 AM
na that was **** it poved that if you play any speed over 20 bps it sound bad just a mess he proving nothing to me steve vai will kick his ass bec steve vai play notes

Freepower
12-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Well, its certainly not 38bps!

Nor 38nps...

Besides, i was going to post the whole thing a while back, if you watch him speed up its almost certainly a fake. Thats the most authentic looking 40 seconds of his playing i've seen, but theres some stuff that looks as fake as http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3696772496625670&q=shredding - which is an obvious spoof of the original, almost definately fake video. Even watching fareri going at a real 30+ nps, it looks real - if sped up. This guy actually looks as if he's faking it sometimes.

And 38nps? My ****ing arse. This vid seems real enough, but the figure is about twice the truth. You can hear the individual pickstrokes. Using a GP4 file, and writing a simple updown scale type "weeeeooooweeeooooo" noise, the pickstrokes sound pretty similar at around 23nps. He's relying on the fact that things get hard to distinguish with that kind of tone at the 20+ range.

shredfan
12-27-2005, 08:51 AM
^ That video cracks me up every time I watch it. Full respect to the guy- he really does imitate Tiago's tone well. I'm not sure, but I think this video might even surpass Della Vega's in terms of musical value :eek:

oblique
12-27-2005, 08:53 AM
That sounded like total ****. Before I judge his skill I'd like to hear an actual piece he wrote instead of pointless wankery. I mean, it's fast, but I'd so much rather listen to Surfing with the Alien or something where there's actually melody and dynamics.

Dotpunker89
12-27-2005, 09:26 AM
I insist isnt that a fake?

Freepower
12-27-2005, 09:31 AM
^ dont think THAT vid was.

PooKoo
12-27-2005, 10:04 AM
I found that vid on chops from hell,

eh.

Now that vid fp posted, that **** was fast.

SnowballofDoom
12-27-2005, 02:17 PM
And 38nps? My ****ing arse. This vid seems real enough, but the figure is about twice the truth. You can hear the individual pickstrokes. Using a GP4 file, and writing a simple updown scale type "weeeeooooweeeooooo" noise, the pickstrokes sound pretty similar at around 23nps. He's relying on the fact that things get hard to distinguish with that kind of tone at the 20+ range.

Exactly. Another forum had a few clips that were slowed down of him playing fast, then playing his "38nps fast". The pickstrokes were the same, he just increases the number of notes he frets. And even that wasn't 38nps :p:

Erc
12-27-2005, 04:21 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3696772496625670&q=shredding

ROFL!!

That video is awesome^_^ hahaha

bucky_2300
12-27-2005, 07:08 PM
That second video was ace.

Doubleday
12-27-2005, 08:27 PM
That first vid with Della looks like it was speeded up. Watch his head. It's bobbing all over the place.

That second video is hilarious. It sounds pretty much like real shred tone too.

and 38 bps is so slow, it's almost unheard of. I have never seen a song go below 40 bps.

apocalypse13
12-27-2005, 10:51 PM
^you mean bpm?

That "super fast" vid FP posted is the same one I posted in the shred video uploads thread the other day. It was posted in the Pit by someone. rofl

TheUltimateSin
12-27-2005, 11:09 PM
As much as I'd like to say how bad that was, fake or not, I can't since I am not able to do any better. In fact, if I were to ever attempt something like that, I'd probably spontaniously combust from frustration.

sixteen times
12-28-2005, 07:35 AM
I'd rather have Aids than watch that again.

mingles
12-28-2005, 10:07 AM
okay, bash him all you want, but he's faster than you ****s. I ****ing hate people who just say he's fake or has no emotion. **** you, he pwns your power chord asses.

trey-col89
12-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Whats the point of watching that? Much less playing it.... because he can? That has no melody.... it has no purpose.... you can't make out anything he is playing.

fleabass
12-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Hmm, sure the guys fast but so what. I mean i can't see this guy pulling off legato licks like Satriani, sweep picking like Yngwie or using melodical phrases as well as shredding like Vai.Most people around can actually shred. The thing that separates the best shredders from the rest is the ability to use these playing chops in new and interesting ways rather than just alternate picking indistinguishable notes.

Freepower
12-28-2005, 10:41 AM
^ he can sweep and legato pretty damn well. And in a good melodic sense, but he does take it a little too OTT for my tastes. And mingles, this is clearly the wrong forum for powerchord slagging. ;)

oblique
12-28-2005, 12:14 PM
okay, bash him all you want, but he's faster than you ****s. I ****ing hate people who just say he's fake or has no emotion. **** you, he pwns your power chord asses.

Since when did speed decide how good a piece of music is? :( It's all about phrasing- if you can throw a blazing shred run into a song and have it fit and make melodic sense, that's great, but making video game noises at 20 nps just isn't good music. I'm not saying he's not a good guitarist, I'd just have to hear an actual song of his before I decide.

apocalypse13
12-28-2005, 12:46 PM
:rolleyes: Have you heard anyone in this forum write? Clearly not. This ain't the Pit.

nomadic_sinner
12-28-2005, 01:04 PM
wow this guy has quite possibly the biggest lack of musical ability ive ever seen. :bash:

nomadic_sinner
12-28-2005, 01:06 PM
^ he can sweep and legato pretty damn well. And in a good melodic sense, but he does take it a little too OTT for my tastes. And mingles, this is clearly the wrong forum for powerchord slagging. ;)

here, here

nomadic_sinner
12-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Hmm, sure the guys fast but so what. I mean i can't see this guy pulling off legato licks like Satriani, sweep picking like Yngwie or using melodical phrases as well as shredding like Vai.Most people around can actually shred. The thing that separates the best shredders from the rest is the ability to use these playing chops in new and interesting ways rather than just alternate picking indistinguishable notes.

I think that might be in the bible.

Erc
12-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Whats the point of watching that? Much less playing it.... because he can? That has no melody.... it has no purpose.... you can't make out anything he is playing.

The puprose of it was for a chops show.

sixteen times
12-28-2005, 01:27 PM

Power chord asses? Was that the best you could do? I mean... really.

mingles
12-28-2005, 02:24 PM
:rolleyes: Have you heard anyone in this forum write? Clearly not. This ain't the Pit.

so? They piss me off to no end.

False_God
12-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Thats good n'all but its kinda useless, Its sounds crap!!

Freepower
12-28-2005, 03:40 PM
^ its pretty obviously not meant to sound prettiful, and its clearly not meant to do anything but show off. Thats all it is, take it as such. Dont read into it like "Since when does speed decide quality?" or "Wheres his phrasing?" or "He must have no musical ability" ( :rolleyes: ) - chop show. Face it, anyone planning to slag off his composition.

Master Of Shred
12-28-2005, 03:42 PM
This is just a technique video, that doesn't mean that he can't make music at all and is a horrible musician.

TheUltimateSin
12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Wow, it's kinda funny how most people have watched that video and decided based on that one video of that guy just messing around and trying to play as fast as he can, they instantly conclude that he has no musical taste. Do you really think that he was trying to make "beautiful music"? I don't think that it can be an more obvious that he was not.

You know, if I tried playing as fast as I could, it'd sound like sh*t too.

Master Of Shred
12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
That was my whole point, smartass

TheUltimateSin
12-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Wtf? Smartass? I was making my own statement, not challenging yours ;)

I was projecting to everyone, not directing to you.

oblique
12-28-2005, 09:57 PM
^ its pretty obviously not meant to sound prettiful, and its clearly not meant to do anything but show off. Thats all it is, take it as such. Dont read into it like "Since when does speed decide quality?" or "Wheres his phrasing?" or "He must have no musical ability" ( :rolleyes: ) - chop show. Face it, anyone planning to slag off his composition.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but all I was saying was that I would be more impressed if he used his speed to play something more musical. I said in my post that I'd have to hear a real piece of his to say whether he's good or not.

kirkisking
12-28-2005, 10:23 PM
He was fast, but the sound quality was ****ing horrible.

Freepower
12-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Not sure if that was directed at me, but all I was saying was that I would be more impressed if he used his speed to play something more musical. I said in my post that I'd have to hear a real piece of his to say whether he's good or not.

^ i was just adding on to your point, i agree completely. Its like Rusty all over again, we're gonna find out he has awesomely catchy and original compositions!

nonickname
12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
he is very fast, but it sounds horrible even if it wasnt ment to be played with emotion

Xinlitik
01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Fast as hell, but it aint music.

bucky_2300
01-02-2006, 08:33 PM
After watching that video a couple more times, I have concluded that it can be summed up as: "ZIGGIDYBOOM! *kicks you in the 'nads.*"

I believe this because even as a technique video, it does not show much besides very fast alternate picking. In fact, one might even say that it doesn't show anything besides that.

love_O_rock
01-06-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't think any thing saying "Fastest Guitar Player in the World" means hes going to make people pull out lighters. And besides i think the "music" kicked in at about 10 seonds and ended at 40. 30x38= about 1140 beats in 30 sec, 2280 bpm. I dont see how anything could even have any emotion if you wrote a plain 4 minute song that fast. 9120 beats roughly for a 4 minute song. Try just plain playing 9120 notes. Thats probably why practically no one had heard of him before, music is horrible, Playing ability is the exact opposite.

PooKoo
01-06-2006, 06:32 AM
hes not trying to play ****in music, open your eyes man.

Freepower
01-06-2006, 06:51 AM
http://donniebshawn.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?p=30647#30647

Xinlitik
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
hes not trying to play ****in music, open your eyes man.

I'm so confused! I thought guitars were musical instruments.

Freepower
01-07-2006, 05:44 AM
^ CALL THE GUITAR MISUSE POLICE! SOMEONE'S PLAYING MUSIC I DONT LIKE!

:p: He can play what he wants.

Beckerism
01-07-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm so confused! I thought guitars were musical instruments.

Actually, they are used for masturbation practice. :rolleyes:

seljer
01-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Way to check if its wake (maybe):

he stops on a note for a fraction of a second and does some vibrato...run that into pitch detection and see it matches the note he's plaiyng?

edit: whoop, for got that you can speed it up without chaning the pitch

Freepower
01-09-2006, 01:10 PM
^ and tunings... ;)

Night_Lights
01-12-2006, 05:47 PM
most disgusting music ive ever heard.

includao
08-27-2006, 01:15 PM
I hate Tiago Della Vega. He's simply full of bullsh*t

He has horrible tone despite using a JEM.

He is very sloppy, and doesnt seem to know what or how he is playing. For some reason he thinks the fastest way to tremolo pick is DDUUDDUU. He does this at slow speeds, but as soon as he speeds up, he alternates. At his 'hyperspeed' his picking is not at all smooth or consistent.

I agree with you man but DDUDDU in some seconds feels really faster than DUDUD.

Godly Moose
08-27-2006, 02:02 PM
This is like the coolest thing I've ever heard. Amirite or amirite?

Pinkfloydguy
08-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Your entitled to your own opinion :p: That sounds like the video of the "Amazing Shredder 10,000 notes per second!" Video with the guys just making sounds with their mouths and the guy standing with the guitar moving his hands.

Lets compare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjDdfT8Ppg

Godly Moose
08-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Your entitled to your own opinion :p: That sounds like the video of the "Amazing Shredder 10,000 notes per second!" Video with the guys just making sounds with their mouths and the guy standing with the guitar moving his hands.

I wasn't being serious...

malmsteen61
08-27-2006, 02:59 PM
wow that was fast but it sounded like ****

axe_grinder247
08-27-2006, 04:01 PM
i admire his flawless technique, and although it doesn't sound too great from a "musical" standpoint, you have to give him credit

hepzibahbaptist
08-27-2006, 04:07 PM

that is great dude

alex_haeni
08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Ho snap.
That is goddamn fast.

shred masta
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I think he was just showing us his 38nps, probably nothing of his melodic stuff.

Night_Lights
08-28-2006, 04:27 AM
i hate videos like these.

Tom Martin
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
i hate videos like these.
That's lovely :)
Next time put your hand up when you are about to speak so we know just when your next outburst of wisdom is due.

hepzibahbaptist
08-28-2006, 05:02 PM
That's lovely :)
Next time put your hand up when you are about to speak so we know just when your next outburst of wisdom is due.
i congratulate you on owning night lights
and to night lights
WE DONT CARE
thank you
remember kids
drug free is the way to be

garden of grey
08-28-2006, 07:36 PM
man i hate this video. The guy just hammers on chromatics up and down the fretboard very crappily. Anyways, its NOT 38 NPS.

Witch-king
08-28-2006, 07:39 PM
lol that was horrible!

axe_grinder247
08-28-2006, 08:06 PM
^what exactly was horrible?

fendermalmsteen
08-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Ow My Freakin' Ears!

notoriousnumber
08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
^what exactly was horrible?

The fact that it sounded like thousands of bees being burnt. It really did sound horrible.

And anyway, hes just going through "1234" most of the time, Im sick of shredders showing off with that, its boring and sounds nasty, and not even that hard.

Metallicaman42
08-29-2006, 06:12 PM
It sounded very sloppy especially the recording. Very, very fast, but really had no emotion or really sounded like a bunch of notes super fast.

Godly Moose
08-29-2006, 09:12 PM
The fact that it sounded like thousands of bees being burnt. It really did sound horrible.

And anyway, hes just going through "1234" most of the time, Im sick of shredders showing off with that, its boring and sounds nasty, and not even that hard.

Yeah, because that's what MOST of them play...

Witch-king
08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Ow My Freakin' Ears!

:haha Tod Flanders cracks me up!

Freepower
08-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Yeah, because that's what MOST of them play...

He never said most people did, he said he hated WHEN people did, which i think is perfectly justified...

kelix
08-30-2006, 06:42 AM
No doubt hes fast but he sounded like sh1t!!

It sounded sloppy and was no where near 38bpm.

No way is he the fastest guitarist in the world :no:

Anty 7
08-30-2006, 06:44 AM
kelix is right

If you want additional help on tabs, guitar lessons, forums, getting drugs, or just a personal issue, DeSean is willing to help.

Voting for DeSean is a vote for yourself, together we can all win.

Freepower
08-30-2006, 06:49 AM
^ I smell...

Pit monkey...

And shameless promotion...

I'm torn between flashing the resi signal or patting you on the back.

axe_grinder247
08-30-2006, 09:17 PM
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2581/av9nj0.jpg

Resiliance
08-30-2006, 09:54 PM
kelix is right

If you want additional help on tabs, guitar lessons, forums, getting drugs, or just a personal issue, DeSean is willing to help.

Voting for DeSean is a vote for yourself, together we can all win.

Stop that, or be warned.

Mmkay?

apocalypse13
08-30-2006, 10:37 PM
i congratulate you on owning night lights
and to night lights
WE DONT CARE
thank you
remember kids
drug free is the way to be
How has he been "owned??"

Also, why has he been singled out? Everyone is saying things like "This sucks." "I hate this." but he gets singled out?

:confused:

hepzibahbaptist
08-30-2006, 11:00 PM
i wasnt purposely singling him out
its nothing personal
i was just voicing
my opionion
like him
if it helps
im sry night lights
if you could just reach down deep into your heart and find the love to forgive that would be nice
but seriously i wasnt meaning to single him out
i was just saying
that he wasnt trying to show emotion
and for some reason some people think they are

Kaden626
08-31-2006, 01:44 AM
that sounds like **** cuz he didnt do it very well even if he is jus showing how good he is. ill admit its pretty fast but it jus sounds like ****.

Tom Martin
08-31-2006, 06:00 AM
Why do 90% of people have nothing to contribute to a thread like this. Most of the replies are just people going "oMg that sucked" or "eEeeew that sounded horrible". Pff, do we care? Some video's I'd be able to let you off for saying that, but this video he is quite blatantly just going for speed.

Cheesepuff
08-31-2006, 06:07 AM
So he was going for speed eh? Pretty fast but hes just playing chromatics really fast and messy. He's not that fast either. Aaaaandd it did sound like crap. Music with no emotion is fine as long as it sounds gooooooodd.... but this sounds like those 2 guys who air guitared on youtube.

burningcowsrule
08-31-2006, 10:00 AM
He's a fat mofo ain't he?

Witch-king
08-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Why do 90% of people have nothing to contribute to a thread like this. Most of the replies are just people going "oMg that sucked" or "eEeeew that sounded horrible". Pff, do we care? Some video's I'd be able to let you off for saying that, but this video he is quite blatantly just going for speed.

What do you mean by contribe to the thread? The thread was posted, then we post our opinions on it. That's how this works right?

My opinion on it is, even though it's an interesting video to watch, it sounds like complete shit.

shred masta
08-31-2006, 01:34 PM
^but im POSITIVE that he was just showing us his speed, because more noob guitar playeres will think he's amazing if he's really fast, IMO, im pretty sure that was the point, to show his speed, im sure his music isnt like that, i mean wtf he should know that noone would buy his CD's if they were only about speed, im sure he's melodic, thats what i think atleast.

axe_grinder247
08-31-2006, 02:03 PM
not that fast you say? perhaps you could post 5+ videos that are faster?

and enough with the whole "no emotion" deal...think about it; he's playing over 25 nps, do you really think his goal was to make you melt with a silky vibrato and perform eye-drenching bends? i highly doubt it, use some common sense people

garden of grey
09-01-2006, 07:13 PM
not that fast you say? perhaps you could post 5+ videos that are faster?

and enough with the whole "no emotion" deal...think about it; he's playing over 25 nps, do you really think his goal was to make you melt with a silky vibrato and perform eye-drenching bends? i highly doubt it, use some common sense people

im not too sure its real. Ive seen a couple other videos from the guy and they were all very fake looking, more than this one. And Francisco gets to 33nps.

i do see your point though when someone comes in and says "OMG NO EMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
It does get annoying, the guy knows you wont be humming his video in your head the whole day.