van halen fans only!

PDA

View Full Version : van halen fans only!

ghettobird52
12-26-2005, 11:11 PM
wuts up guys!!! van halen is the best band eva! also if you would like plz put the song that you like and wut song you like to play? me i love all of there music i love to play aint talkin bout love hell yeah!!

FreddieMercury
12-26-2005, 11:13 PM
lol^

maroon5mustdie
12-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Van Halen is extremely overrated. I had the displeasure of seeing them live in concert. Eddie was drunk off his ass, the bassist was one of the worst I've seen, and the drummer could have used a few lessons. The only thing that kept the entire crowd from leaving was Sammy Hagar, who was fairly good. If it wasn't for him, they'd be playing shows with a 30 person max capacity. Please, go to one of the other Van Halen threads.

GraveSs
12-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Dance The Night Away is a greta song.

ThePurpleRabbit
12-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Wtf?

Isn't there already a Big VH Thread here?

TimiHendrix33
12-27-2005, 12:49 PM
How is this not closed, but the Classic Rock Song Game Thread was. :sad:

stealth_penguin
12-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Van Halen kicks ass. I don't really have a favorite Van Halen song though. Eruption, Ain't Talkin' About Love, and Hot For Teacher are really really good Van Halen songs though.

EVH4ever
12-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Van Halen is extremely overrated. I had the displeasure of seeing them live in concert. Eddie was drunk off his ass, the bassist was one of the worst I've seen, and the drummer could have used a few lessons. The only thing that kept the entire crowd from leaving was Sammy Hagar, who was fairly good. If it wasn't for him, they'd be playing shows with a 30 person max capacity. Please, go to one of the other Van Halen threads.

^^^^^^^^^^
you listen to modest mouse therefore you have NO taste in music
and your opinion means absolutley nothing to me

Its about time someone made a Van halen thread
people like Maroon5mustdie (nice username BTW)
annoy the crap outta me saying stuff like "VH is overrated"
I mean as a big time VH fan even Ill admit Eddie needs to
throw in the towel, But in the 80's there was no better guitarist
he is the father of what we now call shred.

and to answer your question I like anything from VH1 - 1984

wilty00
12-27-2005, 11:20 PM
They should just quit while they're still alive. They put all their real fans through some horrible **** having to watch Eddie stumble around like an idiot whilst plowing through the lead singers. He's a stubborn asshole. I swear to god if they follow through with the In EXIS sequal with VH, I will hunt Eddie down and rape his children.

coldethyl
12-28-2005, 02:36 AM
On the subject of Van Halen, has anyone had the chance to read any of the new book out about Eddie Van Halen called "Van Halen 101"?

I read a sample of it in a guitar magazine that I was given and it seems fairly interesting.

maroon5mustdie
12-28-2005, 03:26 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
you listen to modest mouse therefore you have NO taste in music
and your opinion means absolutley nothing to me
I give an opinion, and back it up with reasonable information, but since I listen to Modest Mouse, I have no taste in music? I like originality, therefore, Van Halen has no place in my collection. So, EVH4ever!!!!!!!one!1!!!, **** you.

Danne55
12-28-2005, 05:11 PM
The only thing that kept the entire crowd from leaving was Sammy Hagar, who was fairly good.

Hey what about David Lee Roth? I bet you haven't heard him :p:
That was VH's best time imo...

Cathedral
12-28-2005, 07:51 PM
They should just quit while they're still alive. They put all their real fans through some horrible **** having to watch Eddie stumble around like an idiot whilst plowing through the lead singers. He's a stubborn asshole. I swear to god if they follow through with the In EXIS sequal with VH, I will hunt Eddie down and rape his children.

Leave tubby wolfy out of it! Personally I think they should call it a day, but release a huge box set with a dvd of some live footage from the 80's, remeastered of course to clean them up a bit.

wilty00
12-28-2005, 07:57 PM
^ Exactly. That'd be awesome.

JkHalen
12-28-2005, 09:18 PM
I give an opinion, and back it up with reasonable information, but since I listen to Modest Mouse, I have no taste in music? I like originality, therefore, Van Halen has no place in my collection. So, EVH4ever!!!!!!!one!1!!!, **** you.
You are the stupidest **** ever. Modest mouse are completely talentless. And BTW, Van Halen were completely original. The fact that hundreds of bands(like Poison) copied them, doesn't make them unoriginal. Anyways, I love Van Halen and I fell inlove with "Panama" when I first heard it. Love playing it with my band. VH inspired me to play guitar and it's the band that got me into real music. They don't sound as sloppy live as someone said. IMO they sound pretty damn good. I went to a concert and at first they were a bit sloppy but then they got ahold and pulled it off great. And yeah, Eddie is a bit of an asshole(a bit hard for me to admit, but he is:()

EVH4ever
12-28-2005, 09:19 PM
What he said^^^^^^^^^^

They make Green day look talented

its absolutely rediculous the frontman
dosent even sing he kind like stutters,
(probly cause he cant sing)
how is that original but Eruption not???
I cant exactly remember
anything like It before
78' so IMO thats original.

eltravo
12-28-2005, 09:26 PM
VH were totally origional, they came out when Zeppelin and AC/DC still ruled the scene

Listen to diver down and tell me thats not origional, happy trails?

JkHalen
12-29-2005, 11:10 AM
VH were totally origional, they came out when Zeppelin and AC/DC still ruled the scene

Listen to diver down and tell me thats not origional, happy trails?
omg awsome album, that was my second album ever. Happy trails is good competition to Tenacious D:D. My first album was Fair Warning and I still love it.

CrazedGuitarist
01-02-2006, 10:36 AM
If you haveent read the forum maroon5mustdie it says van halen fans only. and since you're here i guess you are one....
VAN HALEN TILL THE END!

wylde fan
07-09-2006, 05:32 AM
Van Halen are awesome live, anyone who says there washed up and suck live must have been high at the concert. I saw VH live about a year ago and they put on an EXcellent show. AT the beginning of the show, they dimmed the lights, to make it seem like they were about to come out, but they didint, nothing happened for like ten minutes. It was jus teasing the crowd. Then out of nowhere Eddie rips out this huge solo backstage. The crowd went INSAAANE! They were all chantin EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! It was awesome!! It was rumored that Eddie was drunk but he still played AMAZINGLY!