Playing live today! any tips??

PDA

View Full Version : Playing live today! any tips??

twistedsister
12-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Ok, it all started with me watching the the happy chirstmas video here a UG. I learned the song and showed it to my dad. Him being a big lennon fan, really liked it. we were spending christmas at a some really good friends house and their cousins were gonna be there we decided to play it a christmas. we played it at least six times and everyone sang along and everyone had fun. then me nd the guy who owns the house played a couple of beatles songs. we are going to spend new yrs at his house and more cousins and friends are coming so we decided to do a mini show. the owner of the house(Marcus) is singing and play rhytm, me playing lead and my dad playing bass on my squire. were gonna play four songs. how can i achivea godd bass sound with my squire for my pops. i was thinking about turning the volume and bass all the way up and taking out the treble and mids and putting the squire on the neck pickup. i also have a vox 707 multifx and i might put a bassy effect. anything else??any other tips?? these are the songs were plkay ing

happy christmas-john lennon(again!)
one-u2
bete balanco-cazuza
whiskey a go go-roupa nova

(the last two are brazilian songs)

thanks in advanced

PEACE

0012@theCIA
12-31-2005, 11:42 AM
for the bass, what i always did before i got one was i just played the bottom 2 strings with the bass all the way up on my guitar. have fun playing.

SilentDeftone
12-31-2005, 11:57 AM
*moved*

Don't worry about being good. Pressure will make you sound bad. Just have fun with it!

-SD :dance:

Baba O'Riley
12-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Besides what you've already thought of, you might want to tune the guitar down so it can play lower notes.

Slash Jr.
12-31-2005, 05:28 PM
I don't know if this is possible, but tune your squire an octave down. And only play the top 4 strings. (E,A,D,G)

tongue untied
12-31-2005, 10:32 PM
^ not possible, there will be no sound

chipmunx
01-02-2006, 12:48 PM
rub a little bar soap on the tips on the end of your fingers and you will play really smooth

Nedir Kire
01-03-2006, 11:38 PM
don't be nervous. if u have a ritual of some sort or something that helps you get in the mood to play, do it.

Remebol
01-04-2006, 12:05 AM
^ well ur a little to late on that post lol

Lemmon
01-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Lennon rules.