Gentle Giant

PDA

View Full Version : Gentle Giant

SGSpecial
12-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Are there any Gentle Giant fans here? They are so awesome, if you dont believe me check out their album Octopus.

P.S. This should not be moved as this is the progressive forum as well.

ChordMonger
12-31-2005, 07:22 PM
i know of them and i own their album....wtf was it...three friends? eh...progessive as a genre can encompass either people who foward music to new levels, or interesting ideas that dont really work out well and i feel gentle gian tend to fall into the latter caregory...sorry mate :rasta:

SGSpecial
12-31-2005, 07:24 PM
3 Friends = good album, but not their best

psychodelia
01-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I actually have a lot of their albums, but I don't like any of their albums top to bottom. Some good stuff on octopus, some on aquiring the taste, some on the power and the glory... They had some interesting ideas but a lot of it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Too much random noise. Robert Fripp was able to take random noise, and gradually meld it until the band used it to build up into a song. Gentle Giant never did that for me, and a lot of their songs are too dissonant and weird. Nonetheless, they did have some good songs, and there's a bass on a song on aquiring the taste (i think its called the room or something) that is killer.

<><
06-26-2006, 04:28 AM
The Power and the Glory FTW!!

:cheers: