How old are you and listening to classic rock

PDA

View Full Version : How old are you and listening to classic rock

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

chipmunx
01-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Kids today don't appreciate classic today. they don't understand what it brought ut today some kids do...

so how old are you and what got you into classic rock

CrazedGuitarist
01-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Around 13-14. and i agree. todays kids are all into their rap and r & b which requires on talent whatsoever... If they want real music. we g2 slap them till they respect CR!!!!

" (slap) YOU LIKE CLASSIC ROCK NOW!!!?!?! (Slap) HUH!?!? DO YA!?!?! (slap)

young_is_god
01-02-2006, 10:28 AM
bout 14

apmaman
01-02-2006, 10:31 AM
im 16 and classic rock is pritty much the only thing i listen to.. apart from a sprinkle of metal and some of the stuff in the charts.. like sterophonics etc etc etc... its a shame really that the majority of kids are full of that rap crap... they just suck of MTV's huge bull**** tits and what they think is cool, the kids will

jken89
01-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm 16, but I got into classic rock when I was 14, I like all the classic, it was the innotive and original rock that stabilised todays rock. I do think some of todays rock is good, but mainly bands that have evolved from previous 90 artists e.g:

Nirvana >>> Foo Fighters

Guns N' Roses >> Velvet Revolver

etc....

DieN
01-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm 18.
I was 8 years old when got into David Bowies music. For a very long time I didn't listen to anything else but now I'm also a Who fan.
I also like Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and Led Zeppelin. :)

DeSean
01-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm 16, and Classic Rock is my favourite genre. I grew up listening to Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and lots of old punk, because thats what my mum listened too. I got into The Doors when I was about 7, but I've only been seriously listening to CR out of my own choice for about 2 years.

Iluvpowerchords
01-02-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm 16.

I enjoy classic rock, although there is also alot of Classic rock I dislike.

But it's stilll a good genre.

skydogzoso1986
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
i'm 19 years old. i've been through a lot of stages of music but i'm glad i'm now obsessed with classic rock/blues. i don't listen to anything else. the first band that opened the doors to classic rock was led zeppelin and deep purple i suppose, that's quite a long time ago. favorite bands are now: led zeppelin, beatles, cream, the who,...

MeGaDeth2314
01-02-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm 14. I didn't really start getting into Classic Rock that much until last year, but damn, I'm so glad I did. Now when I look back at the music I used to listen to, I call myself a fag.

DownDark
01-02-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm 14 and I've been listening to CR since I can remember. I was always into rock but by the time I was about 9 I sorta strayed away into Rap (please don't flame me) but then I saw the light again, and when I was 10 I got into my mom's old vinyl. She's 51 and she still knows how to Rock 'N' Roll!!! I came home one day from school and heard the radio blasting with Comfortably Numb playing! The first vinyl album I listened to was Queen II (my avatar). I'll be a proud CR listener until I bloody well die!!!

:headbang:

SudzGitplaya
01-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm 16, and i've been playing guitar since i was 10, I play anything that comes to me and sounds good. Coincidentally that happens to be classic rock about 70% of the time. I love classic rock such the Yard Birds, Pixies, G&R you know the bands...

thats not to say that some music today isn't good. Mind you most of it might not be as complex, its still good to listen to. Just think of the Beatles, none of their stuff was hard...

I still listen to the modern punk rock and Indie scene, i find that stuff grand for the most part!

Personal favs are The Get Up Kids (indie) Story of the Year(punk-rock) and Big wreck/ Thornley (rock)

HendrixEdge
01-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm eighteen, I love all perceived musical genres although like all I do have my favourites.

But if I?m to be specific, I?m a Bowie boy all the way. :p:

DownDark
01-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I love Big Wreck! fav songs are "The Oaf", "That Song", and "Blown Wide Open". Basically, the first 3 songs from "In Loving Memory Of".

danocaster
01-02-2006, 01:47 PM

SudzGitplaya
01-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Mines "ladylike" its a killer tune to play... and Bowie ownz!

love_O_rock
01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I got into clasic rock on an 8 hour car ridewhen I was 12 and haven't looked back. Jimmy Page was 90% of my influence to start playing guitar. There would be no metal or any of that if not for classic rock.

Jesse Mrau
01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I am 15, and it was a joint effort from The Eagles, Queen, The Who, and The Beatles. I grew up listening to them all, and have always been into classic rock. :D

Black Star
01-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm 14. I grew up on The Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Who, and Led Zeppelin :)

ThePurpleRabbit
01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm 15 and got into The best Genre ever at the age of 13..

Daddy Bought a Deep Purple best of he didn't like ( :wtf: ) and gave it to me.
and after 2 weeks I heard AC/DC and that started it all.

Still Life
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm 17, makes me feel kind of old being on these forums, now that I think about it. The majority of what I listen to these days is classic rock, but I certainly have not listened to solely classic rock the whole time I have been into music. I used to listen to a lot of punk, and metal. These days I will still listen to a lil' bit of Maiden, Megadeth, or Opeth, along with many many other metal bands, but I mainly keep it to classic rock now. I think that this is the one genre of music that if people get into, they will never stop listening to it.

FreddieMercury
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm 14 and I've been listening to CR since I can remember. I was always into rock but by the time I was about 9 I sorta strayed away into Rap (please don't flame me) but then I saw the light again, and when I was 10 I got into my mom's old vinyl. She's 51 and she still knows how to Rock 'N' Roll!!! I came home one day from school and heard the radio blasting with Comfortably Numb playing! The first vinyl album I listened to was Queen II (my avatar). I'll be a proud CR listener until I bloody well die!!!

:headbang:
where did you get that last quote at the end :) hehe

Hanzi_G
01-02-2006, 04:07 PM
15-20, and seeing Queen: Live At Wembley got me started on Classic Rock.

Cousin Kevin
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
wanted to hear some of the influences of modern bands and totally got hooked

TheHeartbreaker
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
15; I've always liked the Beatles and stuff, and my dad's a huge music freak and stuff.

Slowly in middle school I'd listen to some classic rock and liked what I heard. The thing that really got me was, sadly... School of Rock.

Guitarplaya27
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Classic rock is great im 13 i luv it along with metal
i hate rap and that

DownDark
01-02-2006, 06:06 PM
where did you get that last quote at the end :) hehe

lol It's something Freddie Mercury said on the Live At Wembley DVD about rumours of a breakup, you know?

Wannabehippie
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm 15-20. Kids todays, don't like Classic rock, because its for old people. Yet it could rip apart any RnB crap, lyrically, technically and instrumentally, no matter what its age.

I think AC/DC, maybe just pure curiosity brought me to Classic Rock. I wanted some new music and i decided to check out some older bands, i realised they were good and carried on listening. Either that or TnT off THPS 4. Such an awesome game.

jayr123guitar
01-02-2006, 06:22 PM
27. I've been listening to the classic stuff for about 15 years. I do listen to all genres of music except Rap, Opera, all pop punk & pretty much all commercial mainstream stuff of today.

Dead_Gods_Live
01-02-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm 18 and I'm really getting deeper into it the more I play guitar.

But I literally grew up with classic rock, mother always listening to it in car rides and I never really knew the bands...I do remember hearing Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight' and 'The Joker' by Steve Miller Band. I still remember car rides just sitting there watching mom sing and me "try" haha....but later AC/DC is what got me going into classic rock, around 14 yrs old

oldnndway
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm 49
I saw the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show and was hooked on Rock and Roll ... bought my first album in a grocery store shortly thereafter, it was Beatlemania (a cover band that I thought was the real thing)

istandalone
01-02-2006, 08:12 PM
ive been listening to classic rock since i was like 3 with my dad, steve miller band, lynard skynard, rush, scorpions and gnr (last two not cr but close) and niel young.

coldethyl
01-02-2006, 08:34 PM
I've been around now for 4 decades plus 3 yrs, so work that one out!

I grew up in the Classic Rock era so for me it's my music and whenever I hear a song or album from that time, it often brings back many great memories.

Maet
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM
16. Classic Rock pisses me off now. Mostly because of the connect the dots scenario where whenever I hear anything Classic Rock oriented, I automatically think of some n00b elitist on this forum.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
01-02-2006, 08:58 PM
16, I used to listen to a lot of classic rock, now I'm mostly listening to metal. Classic rock was just my jumping pad into good music because when I first started playing guitar I knew nothing of good guitarists, and classic rock was where the "great" guitarists were so I went there and for a while was a classic rock junkie....I really don't listen to much classic rock anymore to be quite honest. Now, it's mostly metal, or modern prog stuff that I'm quickly getting into (eg. Porcupine Tree).

KingBrendan5149
01-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm 15 and i've been listening to the beatles ever since i was 8 years old and i've been listening to classic rock overall since i was 11 or 12.

i got into the beatles by one of my friends. his favorite band was the beatles and he would bring a bunch of their albums on the bus and he would let me listen to them. i've been hooked on them ever since.

JkHalen
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
surprised noone has voted from ages of 21-26...I'm 15 and i pretty much listen to CR, 80's rock(including metallica, iron maiden, megadeth), progressive rock, and shred. That's about it..

bassgod
01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
i'm 14 all the kids my age listen 2 rap and that emo crap, and the kids who listen 2 emo think the solos in there songs are sooo cool so everytime i hear someone talk about that i tell them 2 shut up and go listen 2 Hendrix and Rhodes

Goin' Mobile
01-02-2006, 10:09 PM
After listening to Credence Clearwater Revival, and then buying The Who "Who's Next," I was like, "sh*t, this stuff is amazing! How could I have possibly listened to bands like Smash Mouth before?"

Then I bought Guns N' Roses "Use Your Illusion II, Live In Tokyo" and it blew me away. Slash's new band is pretty poor. Without the singer it would be an OK band, but with Scott Weiland it almost sounds like Nirvana.

I think classic rock has alot to do with the singer; no one in rock bands can sing these days.

DownDark
01-02-2006, 10:11 PM
I get flamed by some of my classmates for liking bands like Queen, or Glam Rock altogether, and they say real men listen to "gangsta rap"... you know what I tell them? I tell them real men listen to Rock, with roaring guitars, pounding drums, thumping bass, and screeching vocals! I also tell them real men aren't afraid to sing using falsetto, wear leotards, or wear make-up

real men are never afraid!

Cousin Kevin
01-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm 49
I saw the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show and was hooked on Rock and Roll ... bought my first album in a grocery store shortly thereafter, it was Beatlemania (a cover band that I thought was the real thing)
yeah i made that mistake of buying a cover album too. you don't feel to bright when you do it too

Real men listen to Rock, with roaring guitars, pounding drums, thumping bass, and screeching vocals! I also tell them real men aren't afraid to sing using falsetto, wear leotards, or wear make-up :D
real men are never afraid!
thats almost sig worthy

DownDark
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm quoting it :D

guitarsolo91
01-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm 15 and I mainly listen to classic rock and metal. Old Metallica is really the only metal and a few new bands. But the band that got me into classic was Led Zep, GN'R, Aerosmith, the regulars really.

DownDark
01-02-2006, 10:59 PM
crap, I can't sig my quote cuz it's too big :(

fourstringpunk
01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Iv been listening to classic rock since i was born, my dad says the first song i ever heard was Purple Haze in hospital on the radio and that i laughed all the way through it then when it stopped, i cried. Im 16 now and i love every style of music there is, from Death Metal to pop, but classic rock such as Black Sabbath and the Who are my faves. I was stoked to see Black Sabbth last year at Download.

Cousin Kevin
01-02-2006, 11:05 PM
crap, I can't sig my quote cuz it's too big :(
have to quit a club, or slang it up

trey-col89
01-02-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm 16 almost 17 and I love classic rock.... I'm more into the jamming, less-distortion-oriented, bluesy music of Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, and Phish. I also love the Beatles... who don't jam, but still write the best songs. Other bands I love are the Byrds, Crosby Stills and Nash (and Young), The Who, Billy Joel, Steve Miller Band, CCR, Cream, and Bob Dylan.... mostly chilled out music.

Master Shake
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Im 19 and love classic rock though none of my friends share the like they all like hip hop and rap and that stupid songs like girls are sexy made out of pepsi?? (who wrote that and what were they on???) But classic rock is the best and had some very talented musicians if anything , I just wish it got more support its very hard to find cds and hardly any variety on the radio here you never get to hear much from great bands like Rainbow, Deep Puple, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, there agaisnt hard rock and proud of it whats up with that??

me_and_my_esp
01-02-2006, 11:21 PM
im 14, 15 in may

i have been listening to classic rock ever since i can remember, but i have been mainly CR for the past 3 years or so

raph8r
01-03-2006, 01:04 AM
im 14 umm...i guess just hearing classic rock got me into it a few years agao, it was mainly led zeppelin, good stuff 'nuff said

groll01
01-03-2006, 01:57 AM
16 i started at about 3

i started on elvis....then the beatles, the stones then the who (my now fav apart from the beatles) then the small faces then pink floyd (3rd fav) and the easybeats

taxman27
01-03-2006, 02:24 AM
Started at 12, and over the span of about a year, I slowly converted to nothing but the stuff. I'm now 14 (15 in April, can't wait to get the learner's permit) and I have been listening to the stuff ever since.

crazynickman
01-03-2006, 10:08 AM
im 16 and have been listenin since i was 6, or basically since i started listening to music. before then i never had a fav music, w/e was on the radio, and when i was around 6 my dad started playing Q104.3 (best cr station in the country- NY) and one day played The Who- Who's Better Who's Best. I heard baba oriley and never looked back. the who was my first fav & then led zeppelin n now the who again.

BlackDog420
01-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Crazy to know that everyone i see talk on here is 15 to 20, I think thats awesome how lots of the guys on here are into the original classic rock. Im 17 and i know lots of Zeppelin, and other riffs from bands. I do alot of my own stuff too. KEEP ROCKIN

original_rocker
01-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Im 17, but I dont listen only to classic rock, I listen to a lot of genres within the general rock area.

BRM_PTX
01-03-2006, 01:39 PM

FreddieMercury
01-03-2006, 01:54 PM
i started with acdc/hendrix/sabbath at around 13

RokyRacoon68
01-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm 14 and I'm totally imersered in classic rock, I love all of it. Anything from the 60's is good to me. Favorite albums of mine include: Love:Forever Changes, Frank Zappa:We're only in it for the Money, and The Beatles:White Album.

benchiefjr
01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm 18. I've been listening to Guns N' Roses, Rush, Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, etc. for a while now. The main reason i started is actually because of Atreyu (shivers). This is because, after hearing them, I started to like heavier music and dropped the whole rap crap. After a while, I stopped listening to atreyu and started listening to more of the classic rock. So, thank you atreyu, I hate you.

gunsn'pjs
01-03-2006, 10:55 PM
im 17, i started listeing to cr when a journey song...wheel in the sky... got stuck in my head. then my dad took me to see them. they not only inspired me to play guitar but they opened the door for other bands like aerosmith, van halen, and the scorpions. then i slowly got into led zep and pink floyd. i was about 14 or 15 when they changed my life.

Kartman
01-03-2006, 11:04 PM
14 and into Zeppelin, the Doors, and Hendrix. I'm into so many genres, though.

damnurlies
01-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm 18.
I was 8 years old when got into David Bowies music. For a very long time I didn't listen to anything else but now I'm also a Who fan.
I also like Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and Led Zeppelin. :)

FAAAAAME

:p:

fender3221
01-04-2006, 01:41 AM
im 14 and listne to most 70s/80s music... i just wish it would have like.. a comback. new bands that sound like that stuff.

That_Pink_Queen
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
^NOICE :headbang:

I got into it 6th grade. Sgt. Peppers and Floyds WYWH really.

I got my brother converted to classic rock at age 8.

RokyRacoon68
01-04-2006, 04:04 AM
^ Yeah me too, I made sure he got into good music early. I tought him that modern music and rap sucks, and he has never heard any of it. He's got all the Gun's and ROses albums and he likes Red Hot Chili Peppers, and he's 9.

damnurlies
01-04-2006, 08:58 AM
im 14 and listne to most 70s/80s music... i just wish it would have like.. a comback. new bands that sound like that stuff.

like... your "im a stoned cool guy" thing sucks man and try to make sense :(

damnurlies
01-04-2006, 08:58 AM
^ Yeah me too, I made sure he got into good music early. I tought him that modern music and rap sucks, and he has never heard any of it. He's got all the Gun's and ROses albums and he likes Red Hot Chili Peppers, and he's 9.

YES, lets brainwash them at an early age so they have no true love for the music if they do like it!

JJK
01-04-2006, 09:07 AM

wannabe jesus
01-04-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm 15 but I've liked classick rock for about 2 - 3 years. Before that it was slipknot :rolleyes: *feels ashamed of self*

Still Life
01-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Ha that is what I'm doing with my brother too, except he is 3 right now so he has no real love for any sort of music yet, but he likes to watch Roger Waters - The Wall: Live in Berlin with me :D

on his way

HelpImARock
01-04-2006, 01:47 PM
I like some classic rock. Mostly Rush, Frank Zappa and the Grateful Dead. Then again I do DESPISE some classic rock. I mostly don't connect with the classic rock "crowd" because I love rap, and most of people who really like classic rock are dead-to-rights opposed to it, most without giving it a chance.

I'm 20, by the way.

frippogenics
01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
^ I know what you mean, except I'm the other way around. Most of my rap tolerance comes from my friends. There are some albums that I actually like though. Like Sage Francis and General Patton vs. The X-Ecutioners

damnurlies
01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
I like some classic rock. Mostly Rush, Frank Zappa and the Grateful Dead. Then again I do DESPISE some classic rock. I mostly don't connect with the classic rock "crowd" because I love rap, and most of people who really like classic rock are dead-to-rights opposed to it, most without giving it a chance.

I'm 20, by the way.

MUAHAHAH........ I gave it a chance..... pretended to like it.....

So I went back to what I grew up listenting to ;)

deeppurple1066
01-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I started to like classic rock when I was about 7 or 8 when my Dad got me into the beatles

golfskip
01-04-2006, 10:57 PM
what do you mean the young kids don't like classic rock?
Where have you been?
All of my kids love it, their ages- 17,21,22,28,&33! OH me you ask? 53!!!!

K00_b33n$!
01-04-2006, 11:13 PM
I am 14, the first band that got me into rock was queen when I was about 7, and I was hangin around with some friends and they were talking about who was the best band ever and they said fall out boy, to be expected from 14 year olds and we had to listen to "Dance Dance" for 3 hours I almost shot myself.

damnurlies
01-05-2006, 12:50 PM
I am 14, the first band that got me into rock was queen when I was about 7, and I was hangin around with some friends and they were talking about who was the best band ever and they said fall out boy, to be expected from 14 year olds and we had to listen to "Dance Dance" for 3 hours I almost shot myself.

QUEEN!? :p: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry...... Queen never was a favorite of mine :D

damnurlies
01-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Ok....

Some Songs.......

Angus76
01-05-2006, 06:07 PM
5-7, me father always played it on the radio.

magic_bus723
01-06-2006, 03:08 PM
i was 12 or 13 when my my mate whos a bit older played my his new zeppelin record.

it was love at first... hear?

now im only into 60's and 70's rock like zeppelin, the stones, pink floyd, the doors, cream, beatles, aerosmith, david bowie, eagles, jimi hendrix, the who, joe cocker and really like bob dylan now. he really is god.

freedom35
01-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I was 13 when I started to like classic rock and now I won't listen to anything thats made nowadays.

BrainDamage
01-06-2006, 05:05 PM

Bmm386
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm 16.

misfits385
01-07-2006, 11:11 AM

Spawn6937
01-07-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm 16, been litening to it since i was born pretty much, my parents were both old school metalheads, into Sabbath, Purple, Zeppelin. Now Led Zeppelin is one of my favourite bands and when I was little my friends thought I was weird as I was listening to Led Zeppelin when they were listening to the Spice Girls, I think I listened to them as well though.

vanhapelto
01-07-2006, 12:45 PM
i'm 15 and ive been into classic rock for over 5 years.

I got into Classic rock when my dad played Queen in the truck. As soon as the guitar solo to Bohemian Rhapsody started i was immediately a classic rock fan for life. Then after that I got into AC/DC,Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Nirvana,The Who,Pink Floyd,Deep Purple,Metallica, Alice Cooper,Ozzy Osbourne,Aerosmith, and the list goes on and on!

Jimmy Page, Jim Hendrix, Slash, Angus Young, and Randy Rhoads were the 1's who got me into playing guitar.

sam i am
01-08-2006, 10:49 AM
im 13 and i listen to classic rock but also modern indie music. it all started when i was 11 and decided to learn giuatr, and of course one of the first things i learnt was "smoke on the water". about a week later my mum saw a deep puple record in a charity shop and bought it for my dad who was a fan when he was younger. since then ive been hooked. My other favourite CR bands are pink floyd and led zeppelin.
My favourite modern bands are Franz Ferdinand, RHCP, Scissor Sisters, Kaiser Cheifs and Blur.

JimiSlashPage
01-08-2006, 10:51 AM
14... Orchestra did Stairway to Heaven then a few days later I picked up a few Led Zeppelin alnums and I was hooked.

palmbayguitar11
01-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I'll be 15 in a couple days and I've pretty much always listened to classic rock with my mom.

SoulStripper7
01-08-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm 15. But I'll be turning 16 in a couple of months.

Skippy_McNutty
01-08-2006, 02:53 PM
12. 13 April

amcrambler
01-08-2006, 07:35 PM
im 12 but ive been listening to classic rock my whole life... but i scare my freids beacause i walk around in stone wash jeans w/t a hand talord rolling stones jaket and an aerosmith t-shirt next to my freind who weres a 50-cent jaket

R0CKER1220
01-08-2006, 07:44 PM
i'm 15 and been listening to classic rock my whole life, thanks to my parents, i listen to modern rock a little more, though. but i'm learning over the hills and far away as well as black dog, both kick ass Zeppelin tunes.

amcrambler
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
^ i agree :)

beau05
01-09-2006, 03:28 AM
im 18, but luckily i was pounded with a steady dose of classic rock since i was born, Hauraki 99 FM f*ckin rocks (local CR channel)

bassmaniac101
01-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Im 12, but ive been listenin for atleast 2 years.

flyblow
01-10-2006, 06:38 AM
im 13 and CR is pretty much all i listen to.
Im not gonna go into a hudge sappy story but most of the music nowadays is just stupid people with no talent singing a 'catchy' line over and over again. Or someone like greenday, who just play incredibly easy power chord riffs.
My favs are led zepplin, black sabboth, deep purple, Van Halen, The eagles and Michael Schenker group.

Pl3h-B0y
01-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I was a "rap n' Rn'B head" until I found some songs by Floyd, and from there I was like "that's the way I should go". I was 12 then. and I'm 16 right now, and all the songs on my iTunes playlist are classic rock

xxWMxx
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
was about 12-13 when I was listening to it but eventualy got tired of my favorite bands being dead or seperated.

Sherman901
01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm 17. I think the music industry is in a downward spiral and it's up to us to change it. Lots of people I know of like classic rock more than the recycled **** today.

Best artists/bands:

Pink Floyd
Beatles
Bob Dylan
CCR
The Who

Evil Kid 93
01-10-2006, 09:58 PM
12 (going-on-13) and almost everything I listen to is CR (I listen to a little punk as well). All my friends like pretty much the same stuff as me, and I'm constantly letting them borrow my CDs (to copy the songs to their iPods). Of course, I do get made fun of for the bands that I like by this asshole Green Day fan, but I just ignore it; he's an idiot anyway.

Anyway, my favorite bands are: AC/DC, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Van Halen, and Guns N' Roses (not CR, but worth a mention).

greendayA7X2143
01-10-2006, 11:06 PM
i like Green Day, who will be classic rock in about 15 years Oh and im 13

greendayA7X2143
01-10-2006, 11:08 PM
I think new bands like My Chemical Romance and Nickelback are better guitarists than that guy in the Beetles. He kind of sucks.

greendayA7X2143
01-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I think Pink Floyd is lame and too slow, if you want interesting music, then listen to some heavy metal like Avenged Sevenfold.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
01-10-2006, 11:12 PM
See, now I up until "than that guy in the beatles..." I would've just told you to fuck off, but then you had to cross the line. Times like these I wish you were standing in front of me saying this so I could tear you a new one.

Evil Kid 93
01-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally Pulled Out Of The Ass Of greendayA7X2143

I think new bands like My Chemical Romance and Nickelback are better guitarists than that guy in the Beetles. He kind of sucks.

I think Pink Floyd is lame and too slow, if you want interesting music, then listen to some heavy metal like Avenged Sevenfold.

You sir, deserve to be publically castrated with a rusty knife.

Good day, fuckface.

Bassman86
01-11-2006, 01:03 AM

I've been listening since I was 17 I believe. I don't just listen to Classic Rock. MY favorite band is probably a Modern Rock & Roll band(The Hellacopters). I also like some Metal too, but not a whole lot else.

Burpin'Worm
01-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I didn't get into listening to music until I was fifteen or sixteen. I was never really exposed to much music apart from the stuff that's on the radio and television all the time and I didn't understand why people liked music so much; you know mainstream pop, r&b, rap and dance music; from what I was hearing all music was boring and similar.

Obviously I was wrong - I'm on a guitar forum. Thankfully I realised there was more music than just what is popular at the time. I heard some modern rock bands (RHCP, White Stripes) and started to find out more about music, Jack White talking about the Blues started me thinking about older music and I got a few records from my dad. An esseantial Bob Dylan, DSOTM those sorts of things. Then I took up guitar.

I wish I'd listened to music younger, some of my friends have been playing and listening to music such as the Beatles since they were seven, so I've got some catching up to do. My parents both like and listen to classic rock, amongst other genres, and I wish they'd just played some around the house or something like that, I might have started listening earlier. It doesn't matter now, I've started listening to classic rock at 17/18.

Woot

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/party/party0011.gif

paigebonzorock
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
i started to listen to classic rock when i was 9 nd im 11 screw all the indians who are trying to be eminem. that means there indians trying to be white trying to be black

BrainDamage
01-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I think Pink Floyd is lame and too slow, if you want interesting music, then listen to some heavy metal like Avenged Sevenfold. :haha I'm getting sick of these types of people.

Listen to The Gold It's In The...

Wannabehippie
01-11-2006, 04:06 PM

Then what the fuck are you doing in the Classic Rock forum, if you like Greenday and MyChemical romance?:confused:

Evil Kid 93
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Then what the fuck are you doing in the Classic Rock forum, if you like Greenday and MyChemical romance?:confused:

*sigh* He's not being serious. He's pretending to be an MTV zombie and insulting classic rock bands to piss people off. That's how he gets his kicks, he's a moron.

Seriously, who is this obnoxious? OF COURSE he's joking. It's all one big piss-take. People do it all the time (LeDzEp LoVeRbOy for example...).

Wannabehippie
01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
*sigh* He's not being serious. He's pretending to be an MTV zombie and insulting classic rock bands to piss people off. That's how he gets his kicks, he's a moron.

Seriously, who is this obnoxious? OF COURSE he's joking. It's all one big piss-take. People do it all the time (LeDzEp LoVeRbOy for example...).

Well i guess i'm pretty nieve. Oh well. I'm tired i guess i should goto bed. Meh.

R0CKER1220
01-11-2006, 05:27 PM
i like Green Day, who will be classic rock in about 15 years Oh and im 13I think new bands like My Chemical Romance and Nickelback are better guitarists than that guy in the Beetles. He kind of sucks.I think Pink Floyd is lame and too slow, if you want interesting music, then listen to some heavy metal like Avenged Sevenfold. what in the ****ing hell is wrong with you? and i know you people said this is how he "gets his kicks" but still this should not go unpunished. You should be castrated with a rusty knife (which was suggested before) and sacrificed to the Gods of rock!i like some MCR and GD but they are in no way better than Pink Floyd, the Beatles, or ANY classic rock bands for that matter. You probably dont like it becasue it's too far over your head and your brain can only comprehend the **** that "Music Television" spits out at you. You should be shot in the feet and left to fend for yourself in a forest. . .

tard on tour
01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
i was 13. it began when i first heard back in black by acdc...

Evil Kid 93
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
what in the ****ing hell is wrong with you? and i know you people said this is how he "gets his kicks" but still this should not go unpunished. You should be castrated with a rusty knife (which was suggested before) and sacrificed to the Gods of rock!i like some MCR and GD but they are in no way better than Pink Floyd, the Beatles, or ANY classic rock bands for that matter. You probably dont like it becasue it's too far over your head and your brain can only comprehend the **** that "Music Television" spits out at you. You should be shot in the feet and left to fend for yourself in a forest. . .

Still, he was only kidding. He isn't really that stupid, he's just doing it cause he thinks it's funny. And it isn't. And in that case I agree entirely with what you just said, because people that piss other people off for fun are assholes.

Godzilla1969
01-11-2006, 06:14 PM
I like how people still think this kind of thing is funny. Also, if you are serious, I want you to know that David Gilmour could blow the carefully applied eye-makeup right off their guitarist's face by looking at him.

Godzilla1969
01-11-2006, 06:24 PM
....yeah

R0CKER1220
01-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Still, he was only kidding. He isn't really that stupid, he's just doing it cause he thinks it's funny. And it isn't. And in that case I agree entirely with what you just said, because people that piss other people off for fun are assholes.
i know he was kidding, but you dont ****ing kid about **** like that. That should be treasonous against rock. One of these days his "jokes" is going to be taken too far by someone much bigger than him, then he shall pay. . . . . . . i imagine it'll look like this :killaxe: or if he's lucky, like this :fight:, him being the one on the right

Advilmonkeyman
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I grew up listeing to Classic Rock so like I would have chosen "womb" as an answer. I`m currently 15.

PuNk_RoCk_LiVes
01-13-2006, 03:59 PM
13 and i dont really listen to all that much classic rock, but i definetly appreciate classic rock

318Charger
01-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Dude im 15 and i barely listen to anything but classic rock. i don't think you can call talkin while music is playing in the background (rap) music. it just sucks. i don't like metal at all. they just shout with power chords and heavy distortion in the background!

jing
01-15-2006, 02:56 AM
Am 18..
It's quite embarrasing but the thing that got me hooked up on Classic Rock is the movie School of Rock..
And then I figured that I loved CR since I was.. uhmm.. around 8. ^_^

http://last.fm/user/Selcouth_Kitty

Unchained31
01-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Im 15 and i find it funny when i ask my mom did u listenin to led zeppelin back in you day and she responds to i was only in kindergarten

pavan
01-16-2006, 04:34 AM

luv_led_zep
01-16-2006, 06:48 AM
im 20 and i been listening to CR since i was 12, my sister's boyfriend left behind a ledzep cd at my place to i chucked it into the stereo and i was hooked, at the moment im into just about everything: blues, rock, jazz, funk, metal and even a little rap. I listen to anything but gay emo **** and electronica

luv_led_zep
01-16-2006, 06:54 AM

by the way ur a wanker and i hate you...if you dont like CR get off the forum and go do ur makeup, that goes to any ****in emo on the CR forums

Kitty23
01-16-2006, 11:09 AM
I love the old stuff of rock. I been listening since I was just a baby, hell 22 years old and still not sick of it. The old stuff is the true framework of today's music, but gotta admit not all bands of today's aren't soooo great. Even when they recycle the old stuff and call it their own without giving credit for the first artist who wrote it.

d_man2k
01-16-2006, 11:47 AM
17, and Classic Rock is pretty much all I listen to, although I listen to a couple of metal and nu metal bands like CoB, Pantera, System of A Down, just because all their riffs are amazing, and I listen to a bit of indie and such, Feeder, Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Pixies and a few others. Nothing gives you awesome uplifting sense of pouty-lipped, head-bopping, horns to hell-edness than a Classic Rock track will :headbang:. Give me Thin Lizzy over Korn and KISS over Funeral for a Friend any flipping day of the week.

by the way ur a wanker and i hate you...if you dont like CR get off the forum and go do ur makeup, that goes to any ****in emo on the CR forums

THIS ^^^. Any emo's on the CR board can nob off. And since when is Avenged Sevenfold heavy metal. Just crawl into a nice corner and die now.

Sqeeezie
01-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Im 14, ive grown up on led zeppelin, clapton, the who, the doors, the beatles, cream, styx, bread, CCR, etc. etc. etc.

studwig
01-19-2006, 01:27 PM
i used to like rap until i was like 14 then i started to like heavy metal for about a year then i heard zeppelin for the first time and within weeks i had every album of theirs and now I don't listen to anything made after 1980, its all 60's and 70's

PistolPeet
01-19-2006, 05:25 PM
im 18 and the minute Aerosmith "Rocks" hit my ears i was hooked. I was quite young

moonshadowmajik
01-20-2006, 02:08 AM
i was raised on classic rock and folk stuff, been singin moonshadow since i was 2. i cried the day SRV died. i was born in '87, young people can did classic rock, and older music as a whole

o0 Jack 0o
02-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Im 13 and the only music i listen to is classic rock. :D unlike most other kids in my class, i hate rap and i actually know some stuff about the classic bands of the past and dont listen to them like they are a fashion item or something like that. Anyways, I think if you appreciate the music of the past, it doesnt matter what age you are!

The_Okie
02-16-2006, 09:44 AM
My dad started me off young, I'm thirteen now and I began listening to AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin and such since i was like born.

Zacky_Vengence
02-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Ive been listening to Queen and AC/DC since I was like, 4!
Driving down the highway headbanging as a child to dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

DownDark
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Ive been listening to Queen and AC/DC since I was like, 4!
Driving down the highway headbanging as a child to dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

rock on :headbang:

FaceTheBass
02-16-2006, 11:10 PM
You know the results of this survey are going to be skewed. Most of the people on this website are 15-20.

Bonfire_This
02-16-2006, 11:31 PM
One word, AC/DC.

Prince_Marquis
02-16-2006, 11:33 PM

It all started with Zeppelin.

GrungeMetalFan
02-17-2006, 01:46 PM
I think I started listening to classic rock about the moment I was conceived. Some of my earliest memories are of me sitting in the living room listening to the Beatles and the Monkeys on our turn table. But I think I really started getting into it when I was about 15.

Joel2
02-17-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm 15 and although I'm totally ashamed of it, used to be into Nu-Metal.
This was, of course, before My dad played me 2 albums in a desperate attempt to save my soul........Queen-Live Magic and Ac/Dc-Live. I then realised the errors of my ways, bought some Queen/Dc/Purple/Floyd/Zeppelin records and my soul was pure again.

Classic rock rules and can still kick the arses of any other musical genre!!!

Long live rock and roll!!!!!

CFlydn9
02-17-2006, 03:37 PM
13.. Only a few people i know really like clasic rock. A lot of the stuff i listen to is CR and some other stuff like a little metal and also i really like shred.

SomeEvilDude
02-17-2006, 04:36 PM

My dad raised me on Pink Floyd, Crowded House (not CR though) and Bruce Springsteen, and my mum's big into The Police and Quenn, so, yeah...

Always liked those few. Then ended up listening to a few GnR records (not CR I know), and slowly progressed backwards to earlier music, and the rest as they say, is history.

The Wanderer
02-17-2006, 04:43 PM

Alex S.
02-17-2006, 04:51 PM
13, started liking it when i was 11

s/ash
02-17-2006, 09:12 PM
classic rock is the best! essepcially ( uh how is that spelled) Led zeppelin, and as they say:"let the music be your master, will you heed the master's call"

Gozu_Bassist
02-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Well, Im 15, Ive been listening to CR my whole life (My dad would go from CR stations to country, and back and forth on the radio all the time) I now hate country cept for teh good stuff (Cash, Haggard, Nelson) stuff like that. I normally stick to my CR, Floyd, old Metallica, Rush, Zep, Skynyrd (eh, classic southern rock, I know..) but I also listen to a lot of new stuff (NO RAP, I HOPE IT ALL BURNS IN HELL WITH THAT GAY EMO ****!) I do listen to some Greenday, TDG, SOAD, Nightwish (anyone even know who they are? no one round where I live do.. lol). But lately, which is since november (when I got my Bass) I have been stuck agian on Sabbath, Purple, Ozzy.

OK, Enough of my life story.. lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Equipment

Washburn XB100
Drive CD 200B

Ibanez GRX20
Epiphone Studio-10EQx

dam* I hope Metallica's new album doesnt suck....

EpThunderbird14
02-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I always liked Classic Rock but I don't know why I never wanted to tell my dad that I liked it. For some reason I would play it on my computer and when he would come up the stsirs I would turn it off and turn on some Punk stuff.

daytripper75
02-19-2006, 11:27 AM
18, but considering most people on this site are younger than 21, the results arent really going to give you an accurate view of the age range of classic rock fans.

Doubleday
02-19-2006, 11:47 AM
I like anything that sounds good.

Dodgeballer
02-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I think that classic rock will always be around. Every generation seems to find the talent of the old rock and roll. Oh, by the way, I'm 16 and have been listening to it since i was about 12. i started listening to it because my dad always listens to it and I started to appreciate the sound of it. It pisses me off now how a bunch of kids wear classic rock band t shirts but don't know who they are or what their music sounds like.

OMGIZZLEZ
02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
13 , suprisingly 2/5 of my grade like classic rock. the rest are into rap/emo stuff.

Liam Alan
02-20-2006, 11:27 AM
31 here. It started with Van Halen "1984". I actually got it in 1984 too. Heh. My dad listen to Steve Miller, Credence, Iron Butterfly, Jethro Tull and Edgar Winter. I got into most popular bands from my friends. I have always been able to keep an open minded and like what I like so I have been able to like whatever comes along. I own a ton of rap, modern rock, punk and folk. I used to listen to a lot of metal but just stopped. I just couldn't get into because I enjoy the poetry in music. So now I have as much metal as I do country.

Dunn
02-20-2006, 03:10 PM
18 frm UK...started at a really really young age!....i often never knew the names of songs jus use2 hear them being played in the house none-stop....i sumtime find a riff that i recognise and get the song name ect.....'Stealer' by FREE for example...found it a few months back, and my mother made me play it ever since as she hadn't heard it in over 5 years! lol

SomeRandomGuy
02-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Ahhh Classic Rock...I'm only a toddler in listening to the stuff (started at like 14 1/2 and I'm turning 16 in three months) but I luvs it.

Yea I didn't exactly jumpred right into it though.

I used to be sort of averse to it even. (crazy crazy naive past...^^) But then when RHCP started getting me into music I eventually ended up hearing The Who's album Who Are You.........****ing. Awesome. From The Who I went to Pink Floyd to The Beatles to The Doors to The Clash to Jimi Hendrix.....

Now, something on this poll. You have to realize that it's going to be biased based upon the amount of people in those age ranges on UG....not sure if it's been said already but I don't feel like reading 8 pages of posts. ^^

kaskiw
02-20-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm 14. I didn't really start getting into Classic Rock that much until last year, but damn, I'm so glad I did. Now when I look back at the music I used to listen to, I call myself a fag.
im 13 and the other day i was looking through my old cd's and i saw the G-unit "Beg For Mercy" cd i almost cried and then killed my self.

CornLord
02-20-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm 15 (only a few months till 16) and I started at age 14. I've been around it my whole life though, so it was basically a matter of time till I really got into it.

DaveMustaine
02-23-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm thirteen right now and all I listen to is classic rock and classic metal. I have first hand experience with the whole MTV rap thing, I could say a prestigious name fro mthe world of rock like say...John Bonham, and inevitebly someone will say "Who's that guy?" And someone will say a name like uhhm..."Fiddy", and I'll say "Hah, that sellout Piece of crap can blow me, maybe I'll give him a shiny nickle." Of course, I'm 5 foot 9, so I'm alot taller than most of the other thirteen year olds so I get away with calling people stupid assholes for listening to rap.

DaveMustaine
02-23-2006, 12:07 AM
and (sorry for the double post), I owe it all to AC/DC 's Highway To Hell album, just great stuff, man

Sun King
02-23-2006, 12:38 AM
i'm 1.

mostly like heavy metal, but i like classic rock. used to be the only thing i listend to like, last summer..

lol edit: just noticed i didnt type a 4.. im 14

cap'nkirk
02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I've always been around "classic rock" because of my dad and his record collection. I was into it very young, probably even 7 or 8, I could name almost every band I heard from that genre and I actually listened to it on my own. I didn't realize that I was apart of a minority until middle school. All the kids were wearing Korn t-shirts and I was wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt. I think it's getting a little better though, probably for all the wrong reasons, I see younger kids wearing Pink Floyd t-shirts and Zeppelin t-shirts fairly often, but I think they only have the t-shirt and actually listen to emo and pop-punk. At least in my town, it almost seems like there's a fad of wearing all those t-shirts because it makes you look retro or some ****.

one more thing, I didn't really understand the poll, how old am I now or how old was I when I started listened to it?

hedwigdream
02-23-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm 13, and I just got into classic rock last year cuz we got a new radio station in town that played it.. Now, its one of my favorite genres, but I like metal and modern rock too. But it is what really started my music obsession..

blues_rocker
02-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Aboot 13-14

Still Life
02-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Aboot 13-14
You aren't sure of your age?

Ask your parents for a birth certificate maybe, it might be on there.

alliwant
03-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Tons of my friends only like modern music but classic rock is just so amazing and generally no-one my age (15) appreciates it.

fenderplayer110
03-04-2006, 05:12 PM
man i love classic rock. and pretty much like every other 15 year old teenager...my gateway drug was led zeppelin...right now my faovrite is the who, the beatles led zeppelin, the doors..etc..too many too name...another funny thing is that i'm black and in the 90's..all i listening to was grunge rock and rap...i got rid of the rap kept the grunge and everything else started falling into place.

Calum_Barrow
03-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm 14 and listen to the likes of:

Dire Straits
Mark Knopfler
Eric Clapton
Eagles
Pink Floyd
Tommy Emmanuel
Stefan Grossman
John Renbourn
SRV
Rory Gallagher
Simon & Garfunkel
Paul Simon
Beatles
Dubliners
Peter Frampton
CCR
Bruce Springsteen
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis
Led Zeppelin
Joe Walsh
John Denver
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Phil Collins
Peter Gabriel
Status Quo
U2

Stuff like that. I'm a massive folk/acoustic/blues fan, hence I LOVE stuff by Tommy Emmanuel, John Renbourn, Stefan Grossman, Peter Finger, SRV, Clapton, Gallagher etc. etc.
I'd love to be in a band, cept all the people who play the same stuff as me are like 40+ really. Everyone round me seems to like metal, indie, rap or trance. And I hate all those genres...

rider of pigs
03-07-2006, 06:34 PM
i'm 13 and I love classic rock. I've been listening to it since I was about 8. It's all I've ever listened to.

Cptbeefheart
03-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Im 15, been listenin to classic rock on and off since i 7 or 8. I had a period where i went to rap, but now Classic rock and a splash of modern rock, indie rock, or country is all i listen to know.

thecool
03-08-2006, 01:13 AM
14, been into classic rock seriously since i picked up a bass.
My personal favourites are Led Zeppelin (greatest band ever), Grand funk Railroad, Rush, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Yes, Genesis (gabriel era), Kiss, T.Rex, Bowie, Cream, ELP, Free, Humble Pie, Hendrix, Rainbow, The Doors, Uriah Heep, The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, The Who, Wishbone Ash..... i could keep going but i choose not to.

However their's also some CR thats just disgusting in my opinion like The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Claptons solo career, The Eagles, CCR.... ugh, Phil Collins

But enough ramblings for now.

TeHZombieL33t
03-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm 16 and I live in "The Ghetto." All of my childhood friends listened to rap so I just thought it was the music to listen to. I went through a short "wigger" phase untill I got in high school and one of my early gradeschool friends who I hadn't seen in many years played some classic rock songs from commercials like "Rock N'Roll" from the Caddilac commercials and I just got hooked. Now, when I think about what I used to be, I just laugh at myself. I never realized how much rap sucked until i heard some good rock. And for all the "NU Rock" thats out...It sucks...Plain and simple. New bands think that all they have to do is play some power chords and they rock. No. Well, back on subject, I'm 16 and I will always love classic rock and always hate rap and NU Rock.

Wilber
03-08-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm 16 and I've been listening to classic rock since I was 6!! It is the greatest thing ever invented!

Beat your kids till they love it!!! (that's what i'm going to do)

im_with_theband
03-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Classic rock is really the best music genre out there! People are getting brainwashed by rap and hip hop, its getting reaally lame. Im 15 and i enjoy listening to classic rock, i enjoy playing classic rock on guitar even more!

GeetarsAreRock
03-08-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm 20 and I have an enormous appreciation for all kidns of music. My greatest passion, though, is blues rock. Clapton, Hendrix, SRV, Lang & Paige mean a lot to me. But I'm just opened minded enough to understand why much of today's popular music is popular, although I don't like quite a bit of it. I do however, at least from my youthful point of view, see a revival in rock basics. That certainly has got me excited about the future of rock.

Wont_get_fooled
03-09-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm 14, but starting liking CR around my 13th birthday.

I did get a Beatles CD when I was 9...to bad my little bro stepped on it:(

TeHZombieL33t
03-09-2006, 09:04 AM
The problem is that it is cool to be black. All it is doing is "slutifing" our women and "gangsterfing" our men. I Think that people are just ignorant to the fact that classic rock is awesome. They think that since everyone they know doesn't like classic rock that they shouldn't. I wish people would jsut start thinking for themselves...

GeetarsAreRock
03-09-2006, 10:05 PM
The problem is that it is cool to be black. All it is doing is "slutifing" our women and "gangsterfing" our men.

Wow if that isn't an ignorant stereotype I don't know what is.

rx_eb
03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
You aren't sure of your age?

Ask your parents for a birth certificate maybe, it might be on there.

he doesn't have one

plus people don't put the age on birth certificate, birth date sure, but no age ;)

Still Life
03-10-2006, 09:41 AM
he doesn't have one

plus people don't put the age on birth certificate, birth date sure, but no age ;)
Well with the exact birthdate, the current date, and some mathematical skills, he should be able to figure it out.

NixTheFish
03-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm 13, but I've grown up listening to the music my dad likes which is yeah, classic rock. And friend of mines mum is in the new zealand band "Pink Floyd Experience" and my swimming coach is the biggest Zeppelin fan ever, and I love classic rock.

division wall
03-10-2006, 04:03 PM
i'm 19 and i've been listening to classic rock since the day i was born. I grew up listening to my dad's favorite bands (the doors, allman brothers, pink floyd, grand funk, zep, and the stones)

wilty00
03-10-2006, 06:03 PM
15 now... started listening to Classic Rock religiously around 13.

Scourge
03-12-2006, 01:26 AM
im 17 now... im not sure when i got into CR though. 14 or 15.

what happened was, i'd been hearing about Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath from various TV shows and Mad Magazine.. so when i saw their Best Of album in store, i bought it to see what they were like. since then i started getting other Sabbath and then later a whole lot of other bands from my friend, till i started buying them myself.

fleaflicker182
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm 19 and I listen to lots of things. Classic rock just happens to be a decent sized chunk of what I listen to. I love Hendrix, Led Zep, the Who, Pink Floyd, Cream, Deep Purple, Doors (among others).

J_J_Kool
03-14-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm 16 and have been listening to classic rock since I was 8. I just love bands like Queen, Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynryd, Steppenwolf etc etc

And I'm damn proud of my classic rock roots!

SGRocker0791
03-14-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm 14 and got into Classic Rock when I was 5 or 6. I've started out with ACDC, Black Sabbath, Queen, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, etc and it grew from there. Hehe, Classic Rock was the first genre and music I got into.

knerken
03-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm fifteen and I'm born way too early! Started to listen to CR when I was 13... I :heart: the 70s!

justsam
03-15-2006, 01:20 PM
I started listening to Queen and Procol Harum when i was about 8, moved to Led Zep and Pink Floyd at about 13 and then got into The Band. (I know they're strictly folk rock, so sue me!)

Edit: Really getting into folk rock now, the album John Barleycorn Must Die by Traffic and Fairport Convention are class.

DownDark
03-15-2006, 02:20 PM
SGRocker0791 + justsam... ROCK ON! :headbang:

Punk as atticus
03-15-2006, 10:13 PM
threadstarter: i find your statement to be quite bs. sure the MAJORITY of teenagers and kids listen to rap and emo and punk, but if you look at statistics (i read this in a rolling stone in a store once) that 20% of all classic rock cd sales are from teenagers, and teenagers are bringing classic rock back. look at my school, its overloaded with classic rock fanatics, i'd say a good 40% of them are into it. i think it depends on the town you live in, if its closer to the metro then it'll be more mainstream music, but the town i'm in is miles away from the metro so more kids are listening to the stuff their rents listened to. thats whats happening to me

Ruler of Random
03-15-2006, 10:50 PM
i'm 18.. but i was raised on classic rock.. i've been listenin to it since i was like in my mother's womb....
"the doors will rock my face off until i die of a heroin overdose over Jim Morrison's grave in ****ing paris"
-Zackareyah Deyre (me)

sgfender
03-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm 13 and I started listening to classic rock when I was about 3-4 years old and i agree, everyone that I know either listens to rap or country.

AngusX
03-18-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm 17, been listening since 13, started out on AC/DC, and it's gonna be High Voltage till the day I die, Angus Young is my role model. As far as rap or country, just go to a high school parking lot on a 75 degree sunny day after school, then you'll see what people listen to, trust me, it gets pretty ugly.

Gezus666
03-18-2006, 01:11 AM
You'd be suprised how many kids love classic rock. It is pretty widespread. The best musicians listen to it. im 14

DYEguitarist
03-18-2006, 02:57 AM
I started listening to classic rock when I was about 12 and Im now 14, but not much people were I live listens to classic rock, only a small group of people do

bangoodcharlote
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I've been into Classic Rock since I was about 12.

rspirate
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I used to just not listen to music. At all. At least, not on purpose (can't really avoid, can you? I didn't try to avoid it either. It just wasn't something I cared about). Then one summer I was bored. My dad plays acoustic guitar. SO I picked up his guitar and started learning it. Learned the basics in two weeks (the VERY basics). Once I got semi-good for a beginner, I decided that If I was going to play music, I had to actually listen to it as well. So I began listening. And listening. And listening. And I found a love for Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Doors, The Who, etc, and a passionate hate for modern "rock" that sucked like Green Day, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, and anything emo or punk or pop-punk pretty much. I like old punk like the Clash. They were musical and talented and unique. But all this modern bs sounds the same to me--like crap. So I stuck to classic rock, and never regretted it. I was 15 then, and am 16 now.

Gabuydachk
03-18-2006, 01:33 PM

geetarguy92
03-19-2006, 07:07 AM
im 13 n i started listening to CR wen i was about 11 but i litsen to quite a lot of metal as well

fav bands hav 2 b led zep acdc gnr van halen(not sure if they are classic rock) black sabbath ozzy(better when he had randy rhoads) and deep purple

amnesiac_lily
03-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm 14, I started listening to classic rock when I was 13, but my dad used to listen a lot to this music when I was about 7 or 8, but I wasn't a classic rock "fan", you know.

bravesfan150
03-20-2006, 01:34 AM
15, i love classic rock

pUrPlE_hAzE
03-21-2006, 07:46 PM
im 15 now but wen i was like 7 i listened to traffic and pink floyd alot and im still goin

TUMFP
03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
im 15...i listen to all classic rock (Zep, Who, Aerosmith, Crue, VH, Bon Jovi, Supertramp, Tom Petty,GnR...all those and many more)...i also really enjoy acoustic and blues...

i got hooked becuz my mom always listens to it, and i grew up with it...i jus cant listen to much modern music its not as good...

Classic Rock definitely takes the title...

maXterbat0r
03-21-2006, 08:01 PM
14 and i mainly listen to classic rock because there really isn't anythong better to listen to but i listen to other stuff

TheWhoTommy21
03-22-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm 16 I was "born again" when I was about 12 when my dad introduced me to Led Zeppelin. I've been playing guitar and listening to everything classic since. My favorite band by far is The Who.

OverTheHills
03-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Once I started playing guitar at 11, I really started paying attention to the skill that most classic rock guitarists had. I'm now 14 and I still love all the great bands, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Derek & the Dominos, etc. Those are my favourites of all time.

Stoner Loner
03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
I love classic rock but it hink it needed to change and bands like Nirvana helped change it but i think rap is horrible.I also think Nirvana worshipping teens who didnt grow up i nthe 90s cant really understand Kurt.Just liek if you didnt grow up in the 60s you donmt get the same understanding of Beatle songs and Lennons legacy.

woodenbandman
03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
im 16 and classic rock is pritty much the only thing i listen to.. apart from a sprinkle of metal and some of the stuff in the charts.. like sterophonics etc etc etc... its a shame really that the majority of kids are full of that rap crap... they just suck of MTV's huge bull**** tits and what they think is cool, the kids will

:cheers:

MTV is Fuc]<, and CR is the SEX

also ur music tastes are a lot like mine. i'm 14, and all i listen to are LPS and Tapes

Liberation
03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Im 15 and have been listening to Classic Rock my whole life.

Its a shame that all the kids these days listen to is nothing but emo, pop punk, rap, r&b and pop/boybands.

babyjesus_2
03-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm 13 and in the last 3-4 years iv started listenin to classi rock aswel as modern rock

****PUNKER****
03-24-2006, 04:25 PM
i am 14 classic rock is pretty goooooddddddd :cool:

Antroid
03-24-2006, 05:27 PM
i agree, luckily ebough for me my dads come from a very musical background. He's from liverpool and saw bands like the beatles and cream and really good bands like that so he's really influenced to listen to real music and also to play guitar. These days i barely even listen to to kind of stuff my band plays (Pantera type stuff).
iI'm 15 and i hope we start getting some more super bands :(

Punk Rocker
03-24-2006, 06:45 PM
13, i respect wat it brout us.

Demonbreed
03-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Kids today don't appreciate classic today. they don't understand what it brought ut today some kids do...

so how old are you and what got you into classic rock

Evidently, by looking at the polls, it appears it's the"kids" that are in the majority. With me included.

But anyway, I started listening to Classic Rock at about 10-11 years of age. When i was about 14, i turned towards more Modern Rock and then onto 80's Heavy Metal, but i still enjoy the Classics.
Currently i am only 17.

Pumpkin Pirates
03-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Im 16 and i have been listening to classic rock for as long as i can remember, i guess it started because of my dad's obsession with the gratefull dead and led zep

kep189
04-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I've been listening to classic rock since I was 6 or so, Led Zeppelin started everything.

rayIII
04-23-2006, 12:06 AM
:cheers: i agree with you 100% apmaman :cheers:

AICriff008
04-23-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm 15 and I listen to pretty much everything classic rock, from Steppenwolf to Joni Mitchell.

ratbollocks
04-23-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm 15 and been listening to classic rock since about 11 when I heard AC/DC but before that I NEVER liked hip-hop or that ****e. It's all like " AH, AH, YEAH, 1,2,3, YEAH, SLAP YOR BITCH, **** THE PO-LICE!" :p:

no talent. :no:

Amy_Lee
04-23-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm 14 and I tend to listen to Guns, Queen, Pink Floyd...my father has yet to introduce me to more :)

duncang
04-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Whole Lotta Love got me into classic rock.

gtrfrk123
04-23-2006, 12:40 PM
When i started playing guitar at age 11.That was when i started really getting into classic rock.

.iplayaguitar.
04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
i be nearly 14 and listen 2 guns n roses, some of the who, some of the beatles, earlier metallica etc. tis cool

Mattefuller
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm 17. I've been listening to the Beatles since I was...9 or 10, but I got really into classic rock and blues about 3 years ago. I don't really know why, I guess I just did. I only started playing guitar about 5 months ago, so it wasn't that...

AICriff008
04-23-2006, 08:57 PM
I actually got into it through my parents...my mom is actually a huge SRV and Led Zeppelin fan, which is awesome. So I've been into that kinda stuff pretty much my whole life (yeah the entire, long 15 years of it lol).

PatrickJR
04-23-2006, 09:12 PM
I am 16, and listeing to Classic Rock. I started mainly about 2 years agoe. With Acdc, Led Zeppelin and soo on. I love it!

stratman13
04-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I had always known the Beatles since elementary school. I heard "Stairway" for the first time when I was about 10; by 7th grade I was banging the chorus for "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" on my desk. It's all been downhill from there.

Long Live Rock!

les_paul_01
04-24-2006, 04:29 AM
I'm 14. thankfully my parents are massive CR fans, so i was brought up on the Stones, Beatles, Zeppelin and so forth. i think kids these days are slowly starting to wake up to the fact that there was good music around before they were born.

GuitarxGirl
04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm 14 and I've been listening to rock since I was about 8. I love it.

led_kremlin
04-25-2006, 09:01 AM
im 16 and been hypnotised by classic rock which is, hmm how should i put it, CLASSIC!

angus11392
04-25-2006, 06:03 PM
im 14, and classic rock is about all i listen to. and a wide range of it, from bob dylan to free to black sabbath and everything in between. i also listen to some modern rock (older metallica, godsmack). RAP SUCKS

fallenangel20
04-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm 15 and really was always into classic rock, because we used to live with my uncles, and he was always playing Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet, AC/DC, I just never knew what it was.

But the same uncle got me into it even more just 2 years ago, he got me to buy Black in Black, and that just kickstarted it, then I bought the Essesntial Ozzy Osbourne, and that really opened my eyes to the guitar, and then I just bought all kinds of classic rock, and I'm getting all my uncles cds soon (like close to 200 cds), so I'm well stocked. I've always been into rock though, and never really tried ot leave it, I guess that's why it was so easy for me to get into CR.

callmesaul
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM
i agree totally, most people dont even realize the technicallity(if thats a word) of most classic rock bands, today more bands just look to the trends instead of the music, but i've always listened to classic rock, mostly stuff that my dad put on, so i'd say i started around 8 or 9, and im 15 now, and most people are amazed at how much i know about classic bands, but it just shows me how many posers there are i guess

Cameron.
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
okay im 17 i have pretty much been around it my whole life my dad is a huge pink floyd fan and so am i i love th egales stevie ray led zepplin and so on and so forth i went to my friest motley crue concert last year i am also into a bit of hard core and various hair metal bands but i love classic rock

anyways im of to school
later :peace:

originlvirtuoso
04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
i was brought up on heart. . .beatles. . . ccr. . zep has more recently grabbed my attention. . but classic rock is classic for a reason. . . it pioneered and set the standard.

angus69
04-29-2006, 08:12 AM
I' m 15.... GOD BLESS CLaSSIC ROCK

Tenacious Me
04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
13 14 in a few months. Pretty much all I listen to.

king_harvest88
04-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Ive been into classic rock most of my life, im 17 now, i grew up with my dads record collection which consists of stuff like: hendrix, cream, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, Chuck Berry, Humble Pie, Dr Feelgood, The Who, Little Feat, Rory Gallagher and other such awesomeness.

as far as classic rock goes a few bands i listen to now that i didnt learn of from my dad include: the allman brothers band, johnny winter, The Grateful Dead, Free, The band, Peter Green's fleetwood mac and more

anyway, enough random meandering from me, buh bye

@zzasin
04-30-2006, 07:03 AM
I was about 10.. Now I'm soon to be 14..

Antroid
04-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Evidently, by looking at the polls, it appears it's the"kids" that are in the majority. With me included.

But anyway, I started listening to Classic Rock at about 10-11 years of age. When i was about 14, i turned towards more Modern Rock and then onto 80's Heavy Metal, but i still enjoy the Classics.
Currently i am only 17.

I was gonna say that, but you beat me to it lol.

Klash
05-04-2006, 06:13 PM
ive been listnen 2 classic since i was like 5 er 6.. it was all my dad listnend 2 .. n i loved learnin it on guitar.. here i am 10 years later and still listnin and playin

liss6565
05-12-2006, 02:24 PM
i'm 17 and i grew up listening to ac/dc, led zep, deep purple, whitesnake, the who, motley crue, the whole lot really. My mum used to put me in my pram and rock me to sleep to the sounds of "TNT" and "Highway to Hell" or so she says. Classic rock is the only kinda music that interests me, the proper rock riffs with lyrics you can actually sing along too, rather than the screaming from SOAD or trivium or the new "rock". Also whoever says that coldplay are rock needs to be shot. Long live proper rock n' roll!

NineInchNails_0
05-12-2006, 02:26 PM
My dad has always listened to classic rock and prog rock, so I grew up with it. So all my life I guess. I'm under 14 BTW.

DeathLegionaire
05-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm 15, but I've been listening to Classic Rock since I was like 5, considering all I heard with my dad was Manfred Mann, Clapton, Zeppelin ect. Since then, I've moved more in the metal direction, but the classics never get old.

Locomotive
05-12-2006, 07:51 PM
I am 17 and I listen to the beatles, the who, ccr, the doors, cream and any eric claptons other bands, led zeppelin, pink floyd, jimi hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd and alot of other awesome old music that is what I mostly listen.

Stinging_Acid
05-13-2006, 07:06 AM
I agree, I'm 16 and listen to classic rock. I'm a firm believer that we will never have bands that are as good as the bands of yester-year.

Gibson06
05-13-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm 13, and yes i love classic rock

natasha_17
05-18-2006, 09:44 AM
all my life, I guess... ;)
my mum and dad have always listend to rock, so I listen to rock ;) yeh i love it.

JimmyPageda2nd
05-18-2006, 09:16 PM
I've been listening to it since I was 12, I'm 15 now, and will always love it more than any modern music.