wishbone ash

PDA

View Full Version : wishbone ash

ZoSoII_13
01-03-2006, 12:25 PM
any other wishbone ash fans out there in the UG?

RokyRacoon68
01-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Sure, ive heard their first and their second albums. Pretty good stuff, nothing really special. You like them then you should check out The Strawbs and Captain Beyond, two other really great underapreciated hard rock bands... I'm in the mood for some Wishbone Ash now.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I have Argus and their first, both pretty good records. I don't listen off, but once in a while.

coldethyl
01-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah I have Argus too and I really like that album. Must admit I haven't heard much of their other stuff, but from what I've heard on Argus, they're were pretty good.

alliwant
06-09-2006, 04:34 PM
I've only heard some of their live stuff but they sound incredible!

distilledspirit
06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I like the song Warrior.

radio_schizo
06-10-2006, 01:32 PM
I saw them live with my Dad for his birthday. I'm not a huge fan, but I love the guitar work, and their Live Dates album is great.

Supreme WarHawk
07-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I'd have to say Argus is one of the best albums ever.

ZoSoII_13
07-23-2006, 10:59 PM
You have good taste.

peckers
07-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Wishbone Ash r a quality band, but not many ppl know bout them! Andy Powell and Ted Turner r legendary playin 2gether! And some amazing guitar solos.
My favourite song has 2 be standing in the rain... dunno y dont need a reason lol.
Twice now ive missed out on seeing them live because my stupid work got in the way. hopefully 3rd time lucky?
Ne1 else seen them live?

Asomodai
07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Ha, i cannot believe that they are actually still together. Pilgrimage is allways on my weekly playlist. They pretty much promoted the use of flying V's in rock music.

I wish they did more prog then blues though :-(

Supreme WarHawk
11-17-2006, 02:31 AM
I wish more people knew of them. I just continue to listen and love them more and more. Greatest guitar duo of all time, hands down. Great bassist. Great Drummer. Amazing lyrics.

someone listen to Sometime World on Argus. One of my top 3 songs ever.

rx_eb
04-09-2007, 07:14 AM
After weeks of listening to Wishbone, I must say they're one of the most amazing yet underrated band in the world

Andy Powell, Laurie Wisefield and Ted Turner are all terrific guitarists, I must say their double lead guitars are the best. They obviously have influenced Thin Lizzy as well as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden

any album from the first to There's A Rub is a must have

psychodelia
04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Ha, i cannot believe that they are actually still together. Pilgrimage is allways on my weekly playlist. They pretty much promoted the use of flying V's in rock music.

I wish they did more prog then blues though :-(

Do you mean the song "The Pilgrim"? That's an awesome track.

I just got into them recently, and Argus is very enjoyable. Nice use of the twin lead harmony.

Supreme WarHawk
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I just got There's the Rub/Locked In. 2 albums on one CD, which was pretty cool. There's the Rub is awesome, Persephone and F.U.B.B. are my favourites from it.

but Locked In blows. Rest in Peace is the only good song on the whole CD in my opinion.

In conclusion, get There's the Rub. don't get Locked In.

The_0thersid3
04-17-2007, 07:50 AM
i saw them on the second gig of there current tour on saturday!!
they have a new drummer who has only been with them for a month, bob skeat is such a nice guy and a great bass player i love muddy too the facial expressions are great!

btw they are releasing an alternative version of their original ablum, for many years it had gone missing but they recently found it, re-stored it and now its released.

any one know what gear the guys are currently using?