piano, keyboard tabs

PDA

View Full Version : piano, keyboard tabs

slash=legend
01-05-2006, 02:48 PM
ok so my dad's bought me a keyboard for christsmas and the only site i can find has been (pratically) shut down so i cant get any tabs for keyboard anymore, so i was wandering if anybody knew where i could get some.

p.s if you've got could you e-mail them to me?

SG thrasher
01-05-2006, 02:51 PM
http://www.taborama.com/

TheAmaranth
01-05-2006, 02:55 PM
The best way to get keyboard tabs is through Guitar Pro. It has standard musical notation, and a viewable keyboard for keyboard riffs/lines. If you can get it, it's definitely worth it.

There's some really accurate gp4s out there too.

slash=legend
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM
:down: I don't want to install anything just yet (new computer). and taborama does'nt work (that was the site i was talking boutz). But "theamaranth" would you be able to get me some tabs from there? :liplick:

nOtReGiStErEd
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
you really should learn to read standard notation if you're going to play keyboard, it's not that hard and will benefit your overall musicianship

Phreakdawg
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
www.sheetmusicarchive.net. It's sheet music and not tab, but if you want you should learn sheet music, will help you a lot on the keyboard. Oh, and it's all classical as well. Sorry.

StanelyRichard
01-06-2006, 02:51 AM
What are good sheet music websites with modern music in standard notation?

Phreakdawg
01-06-2006, 11:12 AM
www.pianofiles.com is pretty cool. However, it's a trading site, so you have to trade other people to get music. www.8notes.com has some for free, but not whole songs, just little riffs. Anyways, if anyone wants some music pm me. I've got the following:
November Rain (really easy and good to learn from)
All of the under the pink album by Tori Amos (some stuff is pretty advanced, though)
All of Cold Rush of Blood to the head by Coldplay (ridiculously easy, and I would really recommend this if you're just starting)
Ben Folds Five - Brick
Pretty much anything by Billy Joel
Existentialism on Prom Night - Straylight Run
Karma Police - Radiohead
Foolish Games - Jewel

A bunch of other stuff but I can't remember it right now.

slash=legend
01-07-2006, 08:51 AM
ok then thanks for all the help! i allreay know a bit of theory so i'll try and learn a bit more, thnx once again!!!

Retribution
01-07-2006, 09:05 AM
ok then thanks for all the help! i allreay know a bit of theory so i'll try and learn a bit more, thnx once again!!!

THEORY ISNT SHEET!!!

Sheet is just reading standard notation and will help you immensely in any instrument you ever try to play.

- James

slash=legend
01-07-2006, 11:24 AM
ok then i just called it "theory" cuz i don't know the proper name for it, i know now so thanks

unkabonka
01-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Either learn sheet music or a least learn the chromatic scale- A,A#,B, C etc. - and be able to transpose from your guitar.

slash=legend
01-07-2006, 11:43 AM
well i allready know how to play 1 blues scale, and can work songs out by ear such as john lennon - imagine, the river boat song (accident), and flower of scotland.

could anybody E-mail me some keyboard tabs?

unkabonka
01-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Interesting that you have "Musician" under your name and you don't know the chromatic scale?

http://www.cyberfret.com/first-fret/note-names/index.php

"All natural notes (A B C D E F G) are a whole step (2 frets) apart, except between E-F and B-C which are a half step (1 fret) apart." This same concept applies on the piano.

koncy27
10-26-2009, 02:06 PM
aaaah.gportal.hu -hungarian but there is english version too

7even
10-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Interesting that you have "Musician" under your name and you don't know the chromatic scale?

http://www.cyberfret.com/first-fret/note-names/index.php

"All natural notes (A B C D E F G) are a whole step (2 frets) apart, except between E-F and B-C which are a half step (1 fret) apart." This same concept applies on the piano.
What the hell has that got to do with anything? :confused:

TS, you should really learn to read proper music and perhaps read up on some theory. You will benefit from it in the long run, with every instrument you play. www.musictheory.net is a good site if you want to learn theory and how to read.

griffRG7321
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
There's no such thing as Keyboard tab to my knowledge, and if there is it's a disgrace.

Learn to read standard notation. A good site is http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page

Blind In 1 Ear
10-26-2009, 10:25 PM
There's no such thing as Keyboard tab to my knowledge, and if there is it's a disgrace.

Learn to read standard notation. A good site is http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
i believe there is but im exactly sure on how it works. ive seen it like once. theres tabs for almost any instrument.

i dont fully agree about reading music. its not needed, but it could help for sure. you should learn the notes on the keyboard though and then just transfer what you know from guitar to the piano. thats all i do when i play it.

DocGNR
01-14-2011, 09:19 PM
HI
I know im a newbie here not to music. started at 8.
bu would like to ask if and when no busy, would you forward any GNR and B. JOEL sheets please?..im pretty shure i can offer most sheets from 1990 to the 60's...but i also cant promise how great as all come from a guitar program power tabs.... hope to hear from you and your set.
thanks
mark

Calibos
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
If you want to read in standard notation then a good place to start is www.8notes.com, they have a lot of beginner scores on there.

If you just want to learn how to play without using scores, then Synthesia or Guitar Pro is your friend.