how to kick someone out?

PDA

View Full Version : how to kick someone out?

jman1223
01-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Ok here's the deal. Me and my friend are musicians. I play guitar of course and he plays drums. We were searching for members of a band and our other friend was looking to start a band. He had a whole band except for a drummer and guitarist. We said we'd think about joining. We thought "okay we'll have our band." We joined. Now this guy wants to be lead vocals because he doesn't know how to play any instruments but he sucks at singing and he wants me to write everything, even his lyrics. I didn't think my friend who is the drummer was on the same side with me, but we both agree he sucks. We want to kick him out but were afraid that he's gonna not be our friend anymore. We don't know what to do. Any help?

Cryptopsy
01-05-2006, 08:22 PM
well garuntee if u kick him out of the band hes not gonna be your friend lol i seen it happen to my friend he got kicked out of band and despises those guys.

oriolesazb
01-05-2006, 08:24 PM
^tru dat ^

812many
01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
kick out the annoying guy, you and the drummer should do vocals together, and if your voices suck, make a punk band.

SuperAnalytical
01-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Well, you guys joined the band, so why don't you guys drop out then and steal his bassit or however that works?

Remebol
01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
*moved* to Bandleading!

:eek: mod powers!

-'Bol :cool:

mr. cool
01-05-2006, 09:11 PM
just break up the whole band then keep jamming with your drummer stay in contact with his bassist and then like a month later be like well we decided to start the band back up and your singer will be pissed but the month may give him the time he needs to accept it enough to not hate you forever and just for a while

Nedir Kire
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Are they treating you like s*** or are they pissing you off?

fancy_a_cuppa
01-09-2006, 08:56 AM
if the guy sucks and he isn't putting in any work (like you said, you're writing all the lyrics) then explain to him that his voice is no good, and he can't expect to be a frontman for a band if he can't sing and can't write.

even though it'll hurt him, he'll understand and won't be too angry in the long run.
usually, if you tell them the truth straight and objectively then they can't argue with it.

telemaster1952
01-09-2006, 09:02 AM
just tell him that he is not the singer you guys are looking for

Grimme
01-09-2006, 09:03 AM
I got kicked out of my old band [well it broke up really], and I'm still really good mates with all of them. I was really pissed with the drummer for a couple of months, and I still disgaree with his reasoning. But its for the better, we have different musical taste and his new band is gonna go a lot further than the one we had.

Sir Edwin CBE
01-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Try to get him to practice his singing more - print out the singing lessons from this site for him.

Then if he doesn't want to improve you can kick him out. He's not being a problem - he just sucks at singing doesn't he?

d_man2k
01-09-2006, 09:24 AM
I would generally say, don't form a band with friends. If for some reason you need to kick someone out you'll lose them as friends. If you start a band with randomers and you need to kick one out, no-one's really going to care.

redteamleader
01-09-2006, 10:02 AM
just talk to them- there's no reason to keep playing with people that aren't working out- it's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

it seems like a horrible, awful thing to do to someone- kick them out of the band. but let's face it- there's a million other bands out there. if he's a talented fellow, he'll find something else.

we've had to do this a lot- my band's been through two drummers and about eight bassists to find the right lineup. these are people you spend a whole hell of a lot of time with- personally, i end up seeing my guitar player more than my boyfriend- so if it's not working out, you're only wasting time and energy. you just have to be honest and make sure everyone's on the same page.

and no, it might not be pleasant at first. it's an awful lot like a breakup (no, it's not you- it's us...) but it's gotta be done.

telemaster1952
01-09-2006, 11:00 AM
one of my singers claimed to be the best performer and singer. we had a concert and he kept his back to the crowd in fright, then made an excuse that he was giving the drummer ques, though the drummer kept telling him to turn around. so i told him that he wast the worst musician i have ever played with and that he was fired