Reuben

PDA

View Full Version : Reuben

leaping badger
01-08-2006, 01:06 PM
What do you guy's think of reuben?

a friend told me about them recently and sent me some stuff by them and i really liked it, i'd never heard of them before and wondered if any of you guys had?

if you haven't it's worth a listen.

duncang
01-08-2006, 01:16 PM
VFVD is an awesome album, as is RiRB.

Alt/Indie? They probably belong in hardcore.

Best songs: Kick In The Mouth, Blamethrower, Lights Out

scottish
01-08-2006, 01:16 PM
yeah i have they rock, i really like them they have not really hit it big yet but i think it will happen soon. i'd buy one of their records if you have the chance

Guitar_Dude777
01-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Whats a good song by them?

Guitar_Dude777
01-08-2006, 01:18 PM
oh nevermind....someones answered that...

bobjewell87
01-08-2006, 01:49 PM
hmm, never really gonna venture beyond 'okay' in my opinion really.

Freddy krueger and blamethrower are half decent but most are just really poor songs. Guitar tone is awful as well.

Guitar_Dude777
01-08-2006, 01:52 PM
I Checked them out...I thought they were pretty good, are they an Idie band? and if so where are they from? if you guys know

j0nmcc
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
i agree with bob on the one.

a lot of people really like them and that's cool. i just cant hear it though. maybe im missing something.

Abe
01-08-2006, 02:24 PM
They used to play in my area quite often, or at least they played Scarborough twice in a year or something, it's a shame I don't like them really.

scoob666
01-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I prefer the harder tunes to the softer ones, but overall it's a big thumbs-up from me.

MattDaviesFFAF
01-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I really like them.

Jamie's a proper character.

tezhall
01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
What do you guy's think of reuben?

For a sec I thought this was a thread about me....never mind :sad:

*Tez "Rueben" Hall slopes off out of another Rueben thread...but he'll keep trying til he finds the one that actually is about him.... :D

Guitar_Dude777
01-09-2006, 11:18 PM
For a sec I thought this was a thread about me....never mind :sad:

*Tez "Rueben" Hall slopes off out of another Rueben thread...but he'll keep trying til he finds the one that actually is about him.... :D

hahha yes this hole thread is dedicated to you and what we think o you :cool:

tezhall
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Neither Bob nor Jon think I'm cool :(

But Matt proper likes me so thats OK ;)

j0nmcc
01-11-2006, 06:29 AM
face it terry, you suck.

;)

kryptonite22
01-11-2006, 10:31 AM
I do like Reuben very much. I heard "Banner Held High" in the Summer of '03, and whilst that song wasn't amazing, it did have me in eager anticipation of the debut album, and I snapped that up a couple of years ago. The new one is a bit more structured, I find, but certainly a good CD. More mature and perhaps a bit boring in places. But I do like them, they have some brilliant songs and are a good live act. Jamie's pretty funny. He insults Snow Patrol *chuckle*

For anyone who wnats to get into them, download some of these:
- Blamethrower
- Freddy Krueger
- No One Wins The War
- Stuck In My Throst
- Alpha Signal Seven
- Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
- Tonight my Wife Is Your Wife
- Missing Fingers

tezhall
01-11-2006, 01:42 PM
face it terry, you suck.

;)
you wish

:eek:
;)

R_music_fan
01-11-2006, 03:44 PM
I've not heard much of their stuff but what I have I really like, especially "Kick In The Mouth". Good song.

MadClownDisease
02-12-2007, 01:48 PM
"Return of the Jedi" is lyk t3h ultimm0rz song. I hope to see them in Leeds in March.

tezhall
02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Goddamit this still isn't about me :sad:

They're playing Exeter soon, on my list of bands-to-see, mainly because not many bands people have heard of ever play Exeter.

Except Bloc Party, who did on Tuesday, and sold out in about 5 seconds flat such that all the student twats who have never heard of Bloc Party but want to impress some slag in their halls got a ticket, and I didn't.

Don't they know all they need to do is buy her about 5 cocktails and pretend to know about Nietzche (however it may be spelt lol) and they're guaranteed some action, and then I coulda gone to see Bloc Party :mad: Goddam uneducated tax dodging ticket thieves. Lol.

If they get my Rueben tickets as well someone's going to get a knife in the face...:peace:

Hakanku
02-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Freddy krueger
Lets Stop Hanging Out

My two fav songs of theirs that i've heard^^

I quite like them, some songs are abit bland and same-y, but overall I enjoy.

kryptonite22
02-16-2007, 09:06 AM
DVD out soon.

They're not coming to Wales on either of their confirmed tours...very disappointing.

leaping badger
03-13-2007, 01:46 PM
DVD out soon.

They're not coming to Wales on either of their confirmed tours...very disappointing.

i watched the DVD the other day it's awesome, they're really nice honest guys, i didn't get to see the live section though :(

onlyonehere
03-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Adore the early singles, adore the first album (RIRB), second album was a major disappointment for me.

I think the problem with Reuben is that when they're good, they're brilliant, but when they're bad (as the second album shows, and a couple of filler tracks on the first) they're just a cheap Nirvana/Helmet ripoff (which is ironic considering the song content).

The second album had it's moments - Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em, Best Enemies, Return Of The Jedi, Nobody Loves You, but the majority was just bland, unimaginitive rock. A major disappointment considering the brilliance of the first album.

I have high hopes for their third album after hearing a lot of new material, and I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD.

kryptonite22
03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
admittedly i much preferred the first cd but youre right in saying the second had its moments. lights out and some mothers... for me

leaping badger
03-14-2007, 12:03 PM
the only tracks i don't like on the second are alpha signal 3 and boy which to me was just trying to be another dusk, other than that i loved them all, yeah i am a bit obsessed when it comes to reuben.

Bombtrack
03-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I have tickets to see them in September in Brighton, should be awesome. I really like most of their stuff, but as stated the first album is better than the second. Let's hope the new one is better.

onlyonehere
03-24-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm seeing them in September too. Haven't seen them since July and the Billy Talent tour. Need to order their DVD too.

the_astronaut
03-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Two of my bandmates met them recently and gave them our demo, they said they were really nice guys.

Am yet to listen to them, downloading some stuff now.