GOOD Christian bands?

PDA

View Full Version : GOOD Christian bands?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

IlIk2plygUItAr
01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone know any good christian bands? Anyone been surprised to find out a band is Christian? List the ones you know. At the moment, the only ones i can think up are
As I Lay Dying (which i was surprised to find out) and Switchfoot.

MrSnugglewuffle
01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Theres one that comes to our town everyonce in awhile called Roper, although I've never heard of any of there music(the rest of the town appears to have however)

GuitarN00b
01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Delirious!

archangels
01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Creed...And Alter Bridge, if they count.

yawn
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Blindside \m/

And Living Sacrifice, but I don't like em.

Guitarplaya27
01-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Creed!!!!!!

sexy-man
01-08-2006, 09:25 PM
vreed and alterbridge were/are posotive not christian,
but n e way
good ones are pillar, pod, living sacrifice

deadhead313313
Yeah, Creed has a few good tunes. Never Die is an awesome song

Uncle Salty
George Harrison, wasn't exactly christian, but song about god and jesus a lot, and being spiritual in general.

IlIk2plygUItAr
Oops how could i forget Creed? I don't much care for them, but Alter Bridge is good.

ClassicRockJeff
ive heard Avenged Sevenflod is christian...though I dont listen to them

Strat_Player
01-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Avenged seven fold IS NOT christian

Loaded4Lyfe
01-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Salvador. And i think Relient K is under gospel in iTunes,

IlIk2plygUItAr
01-08-2006, 09:30 PM
So the list so far is....

Alter Bridge
As I Lay Dying
Blindside
Creed
Delerious
George Harrison (sort of)
Living Sacrifice
Pillar
POD
Relient K
Roper
Salvador
Switchfoot

Alphabetized for your convenience ;)

Strat_Player
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
r is befor s i think, amiright?

IlIk2plygUItAr
01-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Dammit now i have to kill myself...

DyingxHope
01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
um thats easy.

first off.
CREED WAS NOT A CHRISTIAN BAND. THEY SANG "INSPIRATIONAL" MUSIC BUT AT NO TIME DECLARED THEMSELVES CHRISTIAN. just to let ya know.

As I Lay Dying. duh.
Norma Jean.
Demon Hunter.
The Chariot.
As Cities Burn.
Underoath.
Emery.
Delirious.
Audio Adrenaline.
Letter Kills.
Thousand Foot Krutch.
Yellowcard.
Mae.
Amberlin.
Sullivan.
Waking Ashland.
Number One Gun.
mewithoutyou.
Terminal.
Further Seems Forever.
Showbread.
Dead Poetic.
FM Static.

yea so those are some of my favorite bands. and theyre Christian too which makes them even better.

EDIT:: oh and Avenged Sevenfold isnt Christian to clarify it. The got the name from a verse in the Bible. They had an interview about it on this site like a week ago....

babyjoyce
01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
well, here are the bands i know that are christian:

switchfoot
creed
reliant K
under oath
POD
sonicflood
dc talk

/heh/

i_strum_i_drum
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
there are a lot of threads like this hanging around somewhere but whatever.

sufjan stevens
eisley
pedro the lion

... are my favorites

JusticeForAll
01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Showbread

Andrew Zara
01-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Creed is probably the best christian rock band and now Scott Stapp.

IncubusMan999
01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Jars Of Clay!!!! Great Christian Rock Band!!!!!!

ILikeApplePie
01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
UMMM lets see:

MxPx
Relient K
UnderOath
Anberlin
Blindside
DemonHunter
The Chariot
Last Tuesday
Disciple
Creed
Still Remains
House of Heros
the Showdown

Those are my favs at least.

twisted reality
01-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Haste the Day
Norma Jean
Underoath
Emery
Thrice *
Relient K
Jars of Clay
The Chariot
As I Lay Dying
Stretch Armstrong *
August Burns Red
Dogwood

Just to name a few

*the stars are for ones that i'm not 100% sure are Christian*

waldorphPRS41
01-11-2006, 11:01 PM
A Billion Ernies
Ace Troubleshooter
Anam Cara
Anathallo
Anberlin
As Cities Burn
As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
The Blamed
Bradley Hathaway
Brave Saint Saturn
Calibretto 13
The Chariot
Chasing Victory
Comeback Kid
Copeland
Craig's Brother
Danielson Famile
Dead Poetic
The Deadlines
The Deluxetone Rockets
The Dingees
Dogwood
Element 101
Embodyment
Emery
Eso Charis
Evergreen Terrace*
Every New Day
Extol
Fanmail
Far-Less
Fighting Jacks
Figure Four
Five Iron Frenzy
Further Seems Forever
Ghoti Hook
Hangnail
Haste The Day
Hawk Nelson
He Is Legend
Holland
Hopesfall*
The Huntingtons
Javelins
Jesus Wept
Joy Electric
The Juliana Theory
Living Sacrifice
Luti-Kriss
Ma$e
Mae
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster
mewithoutYou
Mourning September
MxPx
Norma Jean
The O.C. Supertones
Pedro The Lion
Project 86
Relient K
The Rocket Summer
Rufio*
Showbread
The Showdown
Side Walk Slam
Sinai Beach
Slick Shoes*
Society's Finest
Spoken
Squad Five-O
Starflyer 59
Still Remains
Stretch Arm Strong*
Thrice
Underoath
Waking Ashland
xDISCIPLEx A.D.
xLooking Forwardx
Zao

*=The band was at one point

There are alot more but those are some I have on my computer.

ac/dc kidd
01-12-2006, 08:34 PM
the lads.................

janry2
01-13-2006, 12:54 AM
to whoever who said that Creed is not a Christian band.......well how about the fact that their vocalist(i don't know his name) is a Pastor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uhmmmmmmmmmm.......

Has Many Issues
01-13-2006, 07:53 AM
I like As I Lay Dying and Relient K.

Angus76
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Creed is the only one I can think of.

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
01-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Jars of Clay

im not mental
01-14-2006, 12:07 PM
blindside
as i lay dying
POD
pillar
skillet
jars of clay
anberlin
mxpx
chevelle
relient k
underoath
lost dogs
showbread
copeland
mewithoutYOU
Project 86
switchfoot
thousand foot crutch
kutless

okiedokie
01-15-2006, 10:26 PM
hiillsongs

YAY_FOR_PIE
01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Project 86
Noggin Toboggan
Underoath
Demon Hunter
12 Stones

WeezerRocksHard
01-18-2006, 08:42 AM
i dont see what the point of christian bands are all they do is playing chords and sing about god. i wouldnt have a problem if there music was a little better. maybe like a christian version of children of bodom or the mars volta lol

telemaster1952
01-18-2006, 09:23 AM
12 stones
77's
Ace Troubleshooter
across five aprils
Anam Cara
Anathallo
Anberlin
As Cities Burn
As I Lay Dying
audio adrenaline
August Burns Red
The Blamed
blindside
Bradley Hathaway
Brave Saint Saturn
buck
Calibretto 13
The Chariot
chevelle
Chasing Victory
Comeback Kid
Copeland
Craig's Brother
Danielson Famile
dc talk
Dead Poetic
demon hunter
disiple
The Deadlines
The Deluxetone Rockets
The Dingees
Dogwood
Element 101
Embodyment
Emery
Eso Charis
Evergreen Terrace
Every New Day
Extol
Fanmail
Far-Less
Fighting Jacks
Figure Four
Five Iron Frenzy
flight 180
fm static
Further Seems Forever
Ghoti Hook
Hangnail
Haste The Day
Hawk Nelson
He Is Legend
Holland
Hopesfall
The Huntingtons
jars of clay
Javelins
Jesus Wept
Joy Electric
justified
kj-52
kutless
The Juliana Theory
Living Sacrifice
luna halo
lost dogs
Luti-Kriss
Ma$e
Mae
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster
mewithoutYou
mercy me
Mourning September
mortal treason
MxPx
mortification
Noggin Toboggan
Norma Jean
narcissus
The O.C. Supertones
POD
Pedro The Lion
Project 86
pillar
pax 217
plankeye
Relient K
The Rocket Summer
rod laver
Rufio
Showbread
The Showdown
Side Walk Slam
Sinai Beach
skillet
Slick Shoes
Society's Finest
Spoken
Squad Five-O
Starflyer 59
Still Remains
staple
Stretch Arm Strong
Thrice
thousand foot krutch
Underoath
Waking Ashland
xDISCIPLEx A.D.
xLooking Forwardx
the w's
Zao

any band on tooth and nail or solid state

check out godcore.com for a huge list of christian bands

Tom Martin
01-19-2006, 06:12 PM
12 Stones, fantastic Christian band. You wouldn't really be able to tell they're Christian through their music too.

xgrindcorex
01-20-2006, 10:31 PM
none

gnr_fan_17
01-21-2006, 04:15 AM
I think Creed is probably the best Christian rock band.

The_Foo_Fighter
01-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Delirious!

'nuff said :dance:

GraveSs
01-21-2006, 01:27 PM
have you all forgot about Stryper?

kurdtkobaign
01-21-2006, 02:02 PM
i would say the best out of the christian bands is Blindside. theyre genious'. i had no idea they were even a christian band for the longest time and ive been listening to them for about 3 years now. been my #1 favorite band for the whole time. any fan really needs to buy the older stuff. its incredible. and if anyone has the chance..SEE THEM LIVE IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE...trust me.

Johnsonville
01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
cheq put Remnant and Mandate

Johnsonville
01-21-2006, 04:27 PM
out*

_sXe_
01-22-2006, 02:25 PM
August Burns Red, Winter Solstice!!!!!! :)

Jaysin
01-23-2006, 02:10 AM
There's a cool band called RGA (recommended Godly allowance). They've just brought out their debut disc. Lots of guitar, especially acoustic. Also use cello. Their drummer also rocks.

Check them out @ http://www.isound.com/music/recommended_godly_allowance/ Give them a listen. I think you'll dig them.

More chilled music. Not as heavy as 12 Stone by a long way. But still really good.

Cheers

doctor_rocker
01-23-2006, 08:37 AM
i dont see what the point of christian bands are all they do is playing chords and sing about god. i wouldnt have a problem if there music was a little better. maybe like a christian version of children of bodom or the mars volta lol

Hmmm... I think you're right. I'm a christian, but I don't listen to much Christian music because, frankly, most of it isn't very good. I mean, the stuff I write is more then chords and sounds good (IMO of course... I'm a tad biased...) and the lyrics aren't specifically about God, but some are inspired by God, and they all have Christian themes to it and stuff, but I'd hate to sing, "God is so great! Jesus is my best friend! Yeah!" It just comes off to me as unintelligent and poorly thought out.

I'd love Christian bands to start thinking about their lyrics more, and christians dont HAVE to sing about God, its ok to vary it up some.

soccermom
01-23-2006, 08:54 AM
have you heard of the christian death metal band . I it was something like mortification. Another band is Styper, once agin something like that. I hat to say this but if bands like delirous did not proclaim that they were christian then they would be more mainstream. It is just that people see the words christian rock and avoid at all costs. I am not religous just to clarify just a humble soul pointing out an injustice. In saying this i realise delrious are strangly quite popular evnthough there music is not played on the radio or on music tv.

Kutless
01-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Demon Hunter, norma jean, haste the day, still remains, as i lay dying, extol, mortal treason, underoath, skillet, living sacrifice, project 86, showbread, figure four, Maylene and the sons of disaster, chasing victory, becoming the archetype. All awesome christian bands

metaljunkie
01-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Tourniquet, Mortal Treason, Staple, Zao, Living Sacrifice, BECOMING THE ARCHETYPE, Project86, august Burns Red
to find good Christian music, look christian hardcore bands, a lot of christian metal is really good. Becoming the Archetype is by far the best christian metal band even though they are somewhat new.
www.jesusfreakhideout.com
go there and look in their album review section, these people don't rate them on how Godly their songs are, but how truly skilled these people are at making music, writing intellegable lyrics, and how good they actually are.

telemaster1952
01-24-2006, 11:04 AM
have you all forgot about Stryper?\

lol stryper....there is a joke

telemaster1952
01-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Hmmm... I think you're right. I'm a christian, but I don't listen to much Christian music because, frankly, most of it isn't very good. I mean, the stuff I write is more then chords and sounds good (IMO of course... I'm a tad biased...) and the lyrics aren't specifically about God, but some are inspired by God, and they all have Christian themes to it and stuff, but I'd hate to sing, "God is so great! Jesus is my best friend! Yeah!" It just comes off to me as unintelligent and poorly thought out.

I'd love Christian bands to start thinking about their lyrics more, and christians dont HAVE to sing about God, its ok to vary it up some.

if you got into christian bands not just tfk, kutless, falling up and toby mac you would find some talent

ohdarn323
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Being a Christian, I will say I'm embarrassed by most "Christian music" out there. My mindset when listening to music isn't "Christian or non-Christian", but rather "good music or poor music".

As far as Christians trying to glorify God through their music goes, of course that's an important part, but it's not all about religious content, it's more about quality. However true or good the message may be, if a Christian band sucks, I'm not going to listen to them.

The few Christian artists I listen to are Sufjan Stevens, Pedro the Lion, the Innocence Mission, and Johnny Cash (if you'd qualify him as "Christian")

waldorphPRS41
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
^^ What he said is very true.

lambofgod417
01-27-2006, 07:46 PM
if ur into metal christians their is a couple bands on the southern thunder tour that are real good
The Showdown
Mayleen and the sons of disaster
Chasing Victory
I love the showdown they have great riffs and lyrics, my former guitar teacher played with them for a while and i personally know some of them

555slayer666
01-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Boy Bled Dry-hardcore indie band from Ontario-amazing live

justAdreamer
01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Disciple, Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype, Zao, Extol, and Living Sacrifice

brum234
01-31-2006, 07:13 AM
I must say that alot of Christian Bands get big in Christian cicuits just because they are Christian(which is OK) but i think that the band should be god qulity and creative also, maybe its like with non-christian stuff too... I dunno it just bugs me, I am not a Christian music junkie but of the ones i know and can think of, here are some ones I think are sweet:

Switchfoot (I know its typical but I think they are still pretty sik)
Sufjan Stevens
Delirious?
Anberlin
Dave Matthews Band
U2 - I know "Spirit filled Catholics", but I think their music is amazing and even worship-able sometimes
POD
John Reuben - A killer.
MXPX
Relient K
Ace Troubleshooter
The Juliana Theory

Some Aussie Christian Quality:
Audience (up and coming like nothing else www.audience.com.au)
Antiskeptic
Hillsong
Lukas
Planetshakers
Brooke Fraser

Able - truncated
The Jive Express - trucated
theMiles - turncated

Poohaa
02-02-2006, 06:07 AM

dude, f!@% you.. how can u say that.. people are posting heeepsa bands here and good bands popular bands too like creed POD blindside normajean etc..

anyways.. my favorites would have to be those afore mentioned and showbread living sacrifice zao the haste the day and more.....

check out solid state records they do heepsa good christian metal bands and they make great copilations too..

Sorwin
02-04-2006, 08:39 AM
To anyone who thinks Creed is/was a christian you know nothing of this band. Creed has never been christian. Scott Stapp was raised in a christian home and was struggling with his faith severly while with creed. The reason the music "sounded" christian is because of that influence. The bane never admited to being christian ... ever. They got labeled that by christians. the sam thing happened to U2.

don't believe me read the article that stapp gave to christianity today. here's the addy; http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/interviews/2004/scottstapp-0804.html
stapp says explicitly and I quote "Creed wasn't a Christian band" in the interview. All i've heard thus far are assumptions and bickering about this issue. well read the article. It's pretty clear. just scroll down to the part where they (the mag) asks about somehting he reportedly said on the creed website if you don't want to read the whole article.

Sorwin
02-04-2006, 09:06 AM
I like Audio Adrenaline, Black Talon, dcTalk, POD, Project 86, Scott Stapp, Third Day, Thousand Foot Krutch, and reliant K. From what i have heard Audio Adrenaline is done after their new Album comes out. sad man this is a good band been around for a long time. Oh yeah in addition to the above bands i thin stryper and pillar and the classic Larry Norman

Lukeisonfire
02-04-2006, 09:08 AM
hahahaha thats funny a good christian band. You crack me up.

arianalexis
02-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Switchfoot

EVHrocket
02-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Death is pretty good

Emenius Sleepus
02-05-2006, 08:07 PM
I am not against the idea of a Christian band, but every band that I heard that openly proclaimed themselves as Christian, has always been inferior against their equivalents that weren't with a religious label. It's like they're always there with a statement "hey look we can rock just as hard as Satan". I don't care whether you can or not. If your music sucks, then I won't listen to you whether you are a satanic or christian or bum**** or what. It just bores me, christian music. But feel more than welcome to prove me wrong and to show me a christian band that plays good music. Christian in a sense that their lyrics and general band direction are intended to state their beliefs and spread their word of God to their audience.

Nybb
02-05-2006, 11:38 PM

Dude, that's just ignorant. While there are a lot of bands like that, the same could be pretty much said about mainstream music. All they do is play chords and sing about love. But the fact is that there is a lot of great music outside of the Christian mainstream, just like secular music.

I can't really add anything to the lists that have already been said. Blindside, Underoath, and As I Lay Dying are all pretty sweet tho. And whoever said Thrice, I don't think so, the frontman is a christian but I don't think the rest of the band is, and only a few songs could really be classed as remotely close to Christian.

Randy7Rhoads
02-06-2006, 09:41 PM
UNderOATH

SC1255
02-06-2006, 11:22 PM
David Crowder Band is hands down one of the best Christian bands around.

lorddubton
02-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Ummm i really hafta go with a very motley sounding band called Petra...they actually rock pretty damn hard and r a bit like poison, motley crue, cinderalla that sorta thing but without the drugs, bitches and drink

KenWolf
02-07-2006, 10:02 AM
some awesome christian bands are like:

casting crowns-- they sing lifesong, if we are the body, who am i, voice of truth, your love is extravagant..

third day-- they're like kinda southern rock, but christian

waterdeep

switchfoot-- speaking of which, someone needs to post a guitar tab for Beautiful letdown

Mercy me -- i can only imagine

those guys are pretty awesome

SexyJonisaJon
02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Extol and Disciple are the only good ones I like.

Scorger
03-20-2006, 11:39 PM
If you've never heard United Live, look up Hillsong United on itunes and the Look to You cd will pop up.....Wow great vocals, instruments, and messages. They're my favorite band hands down. Others include:

Hillsong United *****
12 Stones
Audio Adrenaline
Building 429
Burlap to Cashmere
Caedmon's Call
Casting Crowns
Chris Rice
Chris Tomlin
Copeland
David Crowder Band
Day Of Fire****
dc Talk
Delirious?
Falling Up****
Generation Unleashed
Jars Of Clay
Jeff Deyo
Jeremy Camp
Kutless****
Lifehouse****
Mat Kearney
Matt Redman
Matthew West
MercyMe
Michael W. Smith
Newsboys
Passion
Paul Wright****
Pillar
Relient K
Sanctus Real****
Seventh Day Slumber
Shane Barnard & Shane Everett
Shinedown
Skillet
Sonicflood
Switchfoot
Telecast
Third Day
Thousand Foot Krutch
TobyMac
Todd Agnew
Tree63
Waterdeep
(Wow i have more christian music than I thought, well I guess I do because it's the best genre in my opinion)

Emenius Sleepus
03-20-2006, 11:47 PM
that may be all good, but there's still not a name that appeals to me. I've heard quite a few of the ones you said and the ones I've heard I didn't like, especially DC Talk. Are Decoder Ring christian? if so there's one that I sort of don't mind

elcapitanloco
03-21-2006, 03:10 AM
To anyone who thinks Creed is/was a christian you know nothing of this band. Creed has never been christian. Scott Stapp was raised in a christian home and was struggling with his faith severly while with creed. The reason the music "sounded" christian is because of that influence. The bane never admited to being christian ... ever. They got labeled that by christians.

We can argue all day over whether or not Creed were christian, but in the end it doesn't matter because they sucked, and this thread is about good christian bands.

The best christian band thus far is U2, with Evanescence in 2nd place. This is not because those bands are particularly good, its because christian bands tend to be so mediocre. I'm sorry, but most christian bands just rip off other styles of rock, but write lyrics praising God instead of the typical drugs, sex & rebellion (but maybe that's the point).

Emenius Sleepus
03-21-2006, 05:01 AM
U2 Christian? right...

emokid182
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
^^ they have faith in Jesus, but hate the traditional Church, and probably won't call themselves a christain band ever. But i do believe they are Christains. To answer this question it depends what music you like. I'm a Christian myself, and i hate alot of mainstream christain bands, but there are some smaller, underground bands that are amazing. If your into hardcore or metalcore and you want christain bands check out facedown records.

Emenius Sleepus
03-21-2006, 06:13 PM
^aw okay,.. just for me a CHristian band is the one that uses their music to deliver God's message, rather than just being Christians themselves. Christian bands have a more specific agenda, and their lyrics tend to be specifically about God and their experiences with their faith - not necessarily aimed to convert, but rather to share and spread the message. Because I don't really get into Christian scene, I've heard quite a few bands but mostly mainstream. I don't know if Jars Of Clay or DC Talk can be considered mainstream christian bands but I've heard a lot of their music (I have friends that I borrowed stuff off just out of curiosity) and for some reason the music never really appealed to me. The closest thing to a christian band that I actually liked was Creed, but even then they didn't have a specific religious agenda, but Stapp's lyrics were more about his own personal struggles with faith and other issues in his life.

I don't know why, but I haven't yet come across a Christian band or solo artist that really grabbed my attention, but i'm still open to any new discoveries

flame843
03-21-2006, 07:39 PM
to whoever who said that Creed is not a Christian band.......well how about the fact that their vocalist(i don't know his name) is a Pastor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uhmmmmmmmmmm.......

He recently appeared in a sex tape in which he and Fred Durst bang a bunch of groupies.

He's a pastor, all right...:rolleyes:

The_Foo_Fighter
03-21-2006, 08:58 PM
People cant seem to tell the difference between christian bands and bands THAT ARE christians

Delirious? = good CHRISTIAN band

MxPx = good band WHO ARE christians

Emenius Sleepus
03-21-2006, 11:06 PM
He recently appeared in a sex tape in which he and Fred Durst bang a bunch of groupies.

He's a pastor, all right...:rolleyes:

well... hate to use the cliche example, but there was something about catholic priests not long ago, so...

and it wasn't Fred Durst by the way, but Kid Rock

Venom-53
03-27-2006, 03:46 AM
Faith+1

ColdbulleT
03-27-2006, 05:17 AM
David Crowder Band.

And btw, when you mean a christian band do you mean they also sing songs praising Jesus and God or do you mean they are christian but don't necessarily have to sing christian songs?

neveragain_off
03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
alls i got is:

relient k
blindside
project 86
hawk nelson
pod
august burns red
mae
thousand foot krutch
kids in the way
sanctus real
fm static
salvador
tree 63
building 429

just for the record, the only christian in creed was the lead singer

trollblod
03-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Extol.

james4
03-30-2006, 10:04 PM
I think zao is one of the best christian bands i've heard.
I never knew underoath and as i lay dying were christian, but there not bad either.
Another good band to mention would be the showdown.
A lot of people think christian bands suck, but theres alot of bands that not many people know about that are good

Emenius Sleepus
03-30-2006, 10:11 PM
well there are very few and far between... As I Lay Dying isn't that spectacular mind you

theone2088
03-31-2006, 04:50 AM
i read through this whole thread...at around 3:30 am here in nyc. It was worth it though; i got some good songs for our praise night.

I thought you people should check out Shane Barnard and/or "Shane and Shane." I've heard people not liking their vocals, but i beleive they are good. They do both electric and acoustic songs.

One notable song to check out is The Answer (both original and acoustic). They've got some cheesy songs, but it's definately worth it to weed out the good ones. Trust moi.

all the best,
Ian

xArCaDiAx
03-31-2006, 06:12 AM
Thrice?

neveragain_off
03-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Thrice aren't christians. there is no way that is even possible

marvinm1
04-01-2006, 12:59 AM
creed and alter bridge are NOT christian, to see who is go to http://www.christianrock.net/ or http://www.christianhardrock.net/index.asp?userid=

Scorger
04-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United

waldorphPRS41
04-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Hey way to be completly wrong.

legions
04-02-2006, 03:10 AM
demon hunter

scubas2007
04-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Thrice?

Although Thrice themselves do not fall under the heading of "Christian Hardcore", Kensrue himself is a Christian. Almost all of his lyrics are inspired by Christian morals and their place (or lack thereof) in society today, with Kensrue drawing much lyrical inspiration from the 20th century author C.S. Lewis, who penned the well-known Chronicles Of Narnia books and countless books on Christianity.

Says Wikipedia. thats what I always use when i wonder about something.

flame843
04-02-2006, 05:42 PM
EXTOL.

They're...original...

ColdbulleT
04-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United

Go Hillsong!

Kutless
04-03-2006, 11:41 AM

three of the four members of thrice are christians. The only one who isn't is the drummer. So, they aren't a christian band, but a lot of their songs have christian meanings. Check out the new cd. "Image of the invisible" is very christian.

pehka
04-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Is it so cool to be christian?

Paroxysm
04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
^ Most christian girls are hot, so maybe converting isn't half-bad? :confused: JK...

I'm wondering though, is Collective Soul a christian band?

Oh, and the new band Flyleaf is christian I believe.

Izz
04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Most christians are geeks.... Not worth converting.
No christian bands have made me happy anyway.

waldorphPRS41
04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah Flyleaf is even though I find them terrible.

the_bride_2006
04-04-2006, 10:05 AM
By the way, I know this is gonna spark off a huge argument, but I read somewhere that Evanescence are not Christian.

Bard Morons
04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
The best Christian rockers are
Kutless
Pillar
Thousand Foot Krutch
12 Stones
Skillet
Third Day

sTp4
04-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Collective Soul aren't a "Christian band" but the frontman Ed Roland is. His brother, Dean is a Christian as well.

Kevin Max is the best "christian" artist on the market...although his fanbase isn't exclusively Christian as his music reaches a diverse crowd with his thought provoking lyrics....he was also a member of dc Talk. Check him out @ www.kevinmax.com

waldorphPRS41
04-04-2006, 04:45 PM
By the way, I know this is gonna spark off a huge argument, but I read somewhere that Evanescence are not Christian.
They aren't. The were associated with some Christian bands but they actually made it a big point to show that they aren't. I think in one interview they said something along the lines of "We aren't a f*cking Christian band." So I'm pretty sure that means they aren't.

tulkas_1985
04-05-2006, 11:39 AM
did somebody mention "jars of clay"? because, they are mad good (especially their new cd). there aren't too many good & creative christian bands, though.
there is a lot of nice christian singer/songwriter stuff: eg. chris rice, jennifer knapp

GHJ
04-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Dunno if anyones mentioned them, but Mewithoutyou are a really cool band and also christian I think, but they're accesible to anyone (I'm not religeous in any way at all).

neveragain_off
04-07-2006, 03:48 PM
okay if thrice are christians, then they are the most immoral ones there are. Why? if u no about the band My Chemical Romance, and read the liner notes of I Brought you my bullets, you brought me your love, the specificlly say:

Thanks to Thrice for giving us beer,
Drinking with us,
and watching us drink!

that is the way it goes.

ieatcellphones
04-07-2006, 05:05 PM
^--they could be catholic? I derno.

but umm. not sure if anyone has said this yet. just check out some "christian" labels. ie, Tooth and Nail records. Solid State records.

waldorphPRS41
04-07-2006, 05:13 PM
okay if thrice are christians, then they are the most immoral ones there are. Why? if u no about the band My Chemical Romance, and read the liner notes of I Brought you my bullets, you brought me your love, the specificlly say:

Thanks to Thrice for giving us beer,
Drinking with us,
and watching us drink!

that is the way it goes.
The Bible doesn't say its bad to drink, to get drunk is another thing. In our culture though if you are a Chrstian and you drink it's a big taboo thing.

OnFyre1211
04-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Relient K, the best, the end I win, as far as avenged sevenfold I tihnk the reverand is christian(how ironic) and idk mabey johnny christ, but that could just be the name, there music tohugh sounds liek its off of the bible or whatever(ex.beast and the harlot) but the've officially stated that it isent so are soem members christian? yes does that make them christian? certainly not, do they rock out loud? well i should say so

Chimairasoulfly
04-07-2006, 06:34 PM
i got told lamb of god were a christian band but i got a live song and they started swearing so im not sure.

Chimairasoulfly
04-07-2006, 06:38 PM
i know dave mustaine is a christian from megadeath.

about like 6 months ago in kerrang there was a big christian thing i can tell you.

i know that the singer of killswitch engage is christian 2.

Darthblackwell
04-07-2006, 06:52 PM
I've heard of a few of these bands, but haven't had the chance to hear them. Any band that tries to spread the message of Christ is okay with me, as long as they have some interesting tunes to go along with it. I don't care what a song talks about, I won't listen if the music isn't good.

somepunkkid
04-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Venom....

Switchfoot is decent but i wouldnt really classify them as christian

waldorphPRS41
04-07-2006, 08:13 PM
i got told lamb of god were a christian band but i got a live song and they started swearing so im not sure.
They are pretty much the opposite, the used to be called Burn The Preist, they name is somewhat ironic.
Switchfoot is decent but i wouldnt really classify them as christian
Swithfoot's old stuff definately was, they were on a Christian label and all that. I've known about them since 1996 or so because they were in the Christian music scene. They are still Christians but their music doesn't really have a message to it like it used to.

AWA
04-08-2006, 02:50 AM
Not christian, but Matisyahu is some good jewish reggae

Chimairasoulfly
04-08-2006, 08:04 AM
thanks for clearing up the lamb of god christian mess.

because i now realise my friend is a twat for telling me that.

i also downloaded a load of that burn the priest stuff.

its quite good lol

coady911
04-08-2006, 10:21 AM
heres the ultimate christian rock list:
Relient K
Five Iron Frenzy
Our Lady Peace (there christians believe it or not)
Kiros
Demonhunter
Audio Adrenalin
Skillet
Switchfoot
Delerious
Hillsong
Downhere

...yeah there are more but im lazy...add to if if yah want

coady911
04-08-2006, 10:33 AM
and Jars of clay are ok but they suck live

less_than_three
04-09-2006, 06:58 PM
lol none

Ignite
04-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Not sure if they've been mentioned....

Blindside.

Great band. I love them.

Skillet#1fan
04-15-2006, 11:43 AM
CREED SUCKS AND IS NOT A CHRISTIAN ROCK BAND!

LISTEN TO SKILLET

Other good Christian Rock Bands
Thousand Foot Krutch
Falling Up
Pillar
Superchic(k)
Seven Day Slumber
Chevelle

To be a christian rock band you have to actually acknowledge that you are a Christian Rock band. Bands like Creed, Alterbridge and Alter Bridge, George Harrison, and a bunch of other bands you have mentioned are not Christian rock bands. Neither is Evanescence, MORONS! I don't care if their lyrics sounds like they might be Christian.

The Mofaster
04-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey I have two questions about this subject.

First, are there any Christian Bands that have a "Dance Rock" sound to them? For example, The Moving Units, The Rapture... well "Indie" bands to be more general.

Second, anyone know any Christian Electronic groups or artists? Coincidentially some kids mentioned Christian music cant have electronica as a genre, I highly doubt this for I dont think it matters.

waldorphPRS41
04-15-2006, 06:04 PM
CREED SUCKS AND IS NOT A CHRISTIAN ROCK BAND!

LISTEN TO SKILLET

Other good Christian Rock Bands
Thousand Foot Krutch
Falling Up
Pillar
Superchic(k)
Seven Day Slumber
Chevelle

To be a christian rock band you have to actually acknowledge that you are a Christian Rock band. Bands like Creed, Alterbridge and Alter Bridge, George Harrison, and a bunch of other bands you have mentioned are not Christian rock bands. Neither is Evanescence, MORONS! I don't care if their lyrics sounds like they might be Christian.

Those are the generic modern rock type Christian bands if anyone is wondering. Don't judge all Christian bands based on those.

ph3n0m
04-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Norma Jean.

mrguitarman
04-16-2006, 02:13 PM
has nobody ever heard zao?!?! as i lay dying got their start OPENING for zao! zao is a great band... you should check them out. ravage ritual rules

Lukeisonfire
04-16-2006, 10:03 PM
chevelle and the rest suck. Yes Relient K is for little pussies and POD is a rip off of RATM.

Emenius Sleepus
04-17-2006, 02:19 AM
^great way to post a constructive argument :rolleyes:... POD, while nothing special, don't sound to me like RATM... it's like saying that Alice In Chains sounds exactly like Nirvana... similar sort of genres, except RATM is not nu-metal and never was. As for the rest of Christian bands like CHevelle or whatever, I just think they lack attitude. I always get the feel from them that they are just trying to prove to everyone that "god has good music too" - in that sort of tone of voice, instantly on the defensive. Maybe not down to the particular bands, but that's the general feel of the scene. And there is just something that I can't quite put my finger on, but I never liked about that sort of music. Maybe because it goes against my belifes (life morals and beliefs in general, not religious necessarily). Maybe it's because I like to make up my own mind on the issues and I don't like the preaching attitude that Christian bands have adopted. By Christian bands I assume we all mean the bands that have an agenda and that spread the message through lifestyle and lyrics, as opposed to just band members being christian but not using music as a tool to spread their message.

[x]hollywood[x]
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
As I Lay Dying
Underoath
As Cities Burn
Mae
Emery
Mewithoutyou

......those are the ones I like.
Theres more but I can't think of them right now...

the glue man
04-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Megadeth.

LiLJesusFreak
04-21-2006, 03:15 AM
Hey I have two questions about this subject.

First, are there any Christian Bands that have a "Dance Rock" sound to them? For example, The Moving Units, The Rapture... well "Indie" bands to be more general.

Second, anyone know any Christian Electronic groups or artists? Coincidentially some kids mentioned Christian music cant have electronica as a genre, I highly doubt this for I dont think it matters.

There isnt really any Christian Indie rock in the contemporary christian scene at least not yet. And the only Christian electronica/techno I can think of is a group called Raze (or something like that) they do have Christian Dj like Dj Light is one that I know of. but you have to really search deep online if you want to hear some good ol christian techno music they are very deep down under ground.

LiLJesusFreak
04-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Here's a few really AWESOME Christian bands/artists:

Casting Crowns
Chris Tomlin
Third Day
Tod Agnew
MercyMe
Grand Prize (they're kinda new still)
Avalon
FFH
Selah
Bebo Norman
Toby Mac
DC-Talk
PlusOne has gotten even BETTER since they're first album.

waldorphPRS41
04-21-2006, 02:06 PM
There isnt really any Christian Indie rock in the contemporary christian scene at least not yet. And the only Christian electronica/techno I can think of is a group called Raze (or something like that) they do have Christian Dj like Dj Light is one that I know of. but you have to really search deep online if you want to hear some good ol christian techno music they are very deep down under ground.
Haha, oh man Raze. The black guy in that group got in trouble for having sex with a thirteen year old girl. I had forgotten about them intil now. They are crappy dance/pop anyway.

Cavemans_View
04-21-2006, 09:43 PM
P.o.D.
Pillar
Day of fire
thrid day
creed-like it not the lyrics were people
also there one metallica song about the passover but i wouldn't say they christian.

AAA_the_band
04-21-2006, 09:45 PM
hmmm i'n not really into Christian music, but i do have to say Pillar is good, as well as POD and Norma Jean

Cavemans_View
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Is it so cool to be christian?

Yes, Jesus is the man and the only way to get heaven.Also,collective soul
have some christians lyrics out there.The lead singer dad was a preacher.I
think they are to a extent.they band logo bothers me though.

Paroxysm
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Yes, Jesus is the man and the only way to get heaven.

Sure he is :o

I seen someone mentioned Chevelle... They are NOT a christian band! :mad:

bass timtaur
05-02-2006, 10:20 AM
anything from tooth and nail, solidstate, flicker, mono vs stereo, or facedown records is christian. also sinai beach and comeback kid from victory records and copeland from the militia group. thats my music.

waldorphPRS41
05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Sure he is :o

I seen someone mentioned Chevelle... They are NOT a christian band! :mad:
Actually they were, originally. Now they still get play on Christians stations and all that but they have made an effort to get away from that somewhat.

Amy_Lee
05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Funeral For A Friend. Was extremely surprised to find out they were Christo. They're alright though.

waldorphPRS41
05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Funeral For A Friend. Was extremely surprised to find out they were Christo. They're alright though.
Hmm I didn't know that one. Where did you hear that?

Amy_Lee
05-04-2006, 12:04 PM
^^Kerrang!. The frontman's Christo.

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!! (I think)

gofish343
05-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Good Christian Bands:

Caedmon's Call
Skillet
EverybodyDuck
Jars of Clay
Seven Places
Bleach (sometimes)
Kutless
Third Day

Stratwizard
05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Stryper.

PooKoo
05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
^beat me to it.

Acϵ♠
05-05-2006, 11:20 PM
my personal favourite christian bands have to be Underoath, Stryper, mewithoutYou, Relient K, Skillet, and Delirious.

I just saw Delirious at a 2-day concert. Oh man they were so awesome. I was in the very front, right in the mosh pit. it was great.

TommyWIg
05-06-2006, 05:25 PM
CREED IS NOT A CHRISTIAN BAND AND NEITHER IS ALTER BRIDGE!!!
thank you.

bimsterfls
05-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Gorgoroth

lespaul_rentals
05-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Anberlin is about the best Christian band out there right now.
Stryper is awesome.
Jars of Clay, incredibly good. I love them.
Norma Jean is good if you like harder stuff.
Haste the Day for hardcore, very good.
Zao, good hardcore, again.

Skillet SUCKS
Relient K SUCKS
For God's sake don't listen to those two bands, please.

MetalHead_AP
05-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster
Underoath
Norma Jean
As I Lay Dying
Sinia Beach
Kutless

Creed and Alter Bridge are not Christian.

smp2_3
05-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Here are some 'alternative' bands i know are christian bands...
Still Remains,
As I lay Dying,
Norma jean,
Underoath,
Comeback kid,
Emery,
He is Legend.

and who knows when As i lay dying are playing in Melbourne?

1fine69
05-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Most of the stuff I like has already been listed, but Killswitch Engage is by far my favorite these days, if you say they're not christian, thats fine,but look up lyrics to any song from any album and tell me what you would consider them because they are like freakin worship music.

I think its dumb for christian to be a genre, all it does is make people not even want to try it out. A genre should be chosen for the type of music, not what the lyrics are about, they dont have a political rock section at the music store. Im in a band with some guys from my church and if people ask what kind of band we are, I tell them alternative or hard rock. But if they ask me what the musics about, I'll tell them that it is mostly about God because thats my passion and what I look to for inspiration just like bob marley and pot (half kidding).

If christian bands really want to use their music to touch peoples lives, the first step is to get them to listen to it, but if you label yourself with a big I LOVE JESUS sticker, no one wants to give you a shot, and understandably so, theres alot of christian music out there that is cheesy and talentless, but that doesn't mean they all have to be, not to brag, but I think a non christian could enjoy my bands music even though they dont have the same beliefs as me.

emokidsdelirium
05-14-2006, 04:25 PM
flyleaf

emokidsdelirium
05-14-2006, 04:35 PM
also their title is like the catholic proffession of faith,like the baisis of thier faith(besides the bible and **** like that though)

Holy Katana
05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Avenged seven fold IS NOT christian

which is funny, considering their name, stage names, and lyrics are full of Biblical references.

n-ocentcriminal
05-24-2006, 03:41 AM
Creed "dumb****s" or now as we call it the " the sucky bunch," (Alterbridge) are ****ing terrible. I wonder if they pray to their God in bed at night and ask for talent.

kurdtkobaign
05-24-2006, 04:16 AM
ive said it once already, but Blindside. If you are musicly inclined at all you need to listen to these guys. If you think they arent heavy or whatever then youre an idiot. Try a Swedish Hardcore band lol. Listen to songs from their self titled album, A Thought Crushed My Mind and Silence. Those CDs will throw you on your back!

also, Chris Rice has the most amazing voince Ive ever heard. And his songwriting makes me idk..melt i guess. Smell the Color 9 is one of my favs.

-save TubaDude-

waldorphPRS41
05-24-2006, 04:44 PM
which is funny, considering their name, stage names, and lyrics are full of Biblical references.
Yeah thats true but they aren't. They were just raised around it, in Catholic school and stuff.

stepco12345
05-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Kutless are not bad.

gibson--girl
05-25-2006, 09:57 PM
The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Creed...And Alter Bridge, if they count.
creed is not a christian band! if you're looking for a christian band that sounds like creed, try kutless, 12 stones, seventh day slumber, and lifehouse.

gibson--girl
05-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Anyone know any good christian bands? Anyone been surprised to find out a band is Christian? List the ones you know. At the moment, the only ones i can think up are
As I Lay Dying (which i was surprised to find out) and Switchfoot.
umm, there's hundreds of em. some good rock bands are:
switchfoot, disciple,12 stones, anberlin, fm static, stellar kart, seventh day slumber, side walk slam, pax 217, project 86, pod, pillar, sanctus real, thousand foot krutch, zao, relient k, kutless, skillet (AMAZING live!!), five iron frenzy, and the supertones... just to name a few. there's some great classic rock out there too... check out x-sinner, bride, guardian, whitecross, apologetix, eternal decision, and sacred warrior.

djphunkyfresh
05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
The best Christian Band I've ever heard besides Switchfoot would have to be The Afters. They're sooo amazing and yet no one knows who they are. Go out and look for some of their stuff online.

Another good band Newsboys

random-jess
06-06-2006, 03:59 PM
anyone ever heard of echolab? they're amazing (just my humble opinion)

apart from that, there's delirious, switchfoot, athlete, dcTalk, pod, titus, yfriday...

jess

d0rkypn0y1029
06-07-2006, 06:35 PM
my favorite christian band of all time has to be starfield cause their music rocks

Emenius Sleepus
06-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Underoath may change my opinion on Christian bands,.. although slightly

*****bass
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
yes...i would have to say the one good christian band ive heard would have to be demon hunter...and when i heard they were christian i almost lost my mind...i couldnt believe it!!

AmplifySilence
06-08-2006, 12:23 PM
swithfoot and POD is all i know that are good

most of these i never heard of, a lot of these i didn't even know they're cristian, and Creed (if they are) aint that good

zainhardcore777
06-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Go to my site, www.Christmetal.com

Blinkfanatic108
06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
MxPx

TheGrandFacade
06-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Slave Whipping Blasphemy, Satans Almighty Penis, Jesus Anal Penetration, Christsodom, Mercyful Fate and EyeHateGod are my personal favorite Christian bands.

gcfreak16
06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
u people need to learn some more christain bands

here is some that i know:thousand foot krutch,p.o.d. relient k, KJ52(christan rapper),piller,newsboys,plus one. there r many more out there i just cant think of 'em

be4 i 4get were r the forums or threds about good charlotte? i luv them so much so can yall let me know if there is any. thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD CHARLOTTE FREAK 4EVER (LOL)

thedeucemoose
06-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Without a doubt, He Is Legend and Project 86. Living Sacrifice rules too. Not a Creed or Alter Bridge fan however.

waldorphPRS41
06-12-2006, 01:08 AM
u people need to learn some more christain bands

here is some that i know:thousand foot krutch,p.o.d. relient k, KJ52(christan rapper),piller,newsboys,plus one. there r many more out there i just cant think of 'em

be4 i 4get were r the forums or threds about good charlotte? i luv them so much so can yall let me know if there is any. thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD CHARLOTTE FREAK 4EVER (LOL)
Learn to type ho.

Yeah.

totenkopf
06-12-2006, 05:36 PM
There is no such thing as a "good xian band.".

..........err......

Okay, Blindside makes some good music at least. But I can't listen to them because of their propaganda.

giveitaname87
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Blindside is decent. That's about it. They're lyrics aren't blatantly Christian, either, so that makes things better.

fender_rules728
06-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Relient K
POD
Good Charlotte
Switchfoot
Third Day

fender_rules728
06-14-2006, 05:10 PM
UnderOATH
Creed

chickenfire315
06-14-2006, 11:53 PM
again, creed is NOT christian, scott stapp declared that himself. Neither, i think, are Yellowcard.

my top christian bands

Old switchfoot (Legend of Chin, New Way to be Human, Learning to Breathe)
Reliant K
POD
Pillar (had one good song)
Skillet
Bleach
DC Talk
Thousand Foot Krutch
Audio Adrenaline
Anberlin
All But Screaming (my old guitar teachers band, theyre pretty good)

chickenfire315
06-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Swithfoot's old stuff definately was, they were on a Christian label and all that. I've known about them since 1996 or so because they were in the Christian music scene. They are still Christians but their music doesn't really have a message to it like it used to.

If you believe this, then either you dont really listen to the music or you dont really get it, cause i think they are more open with it now then they ever have been. They just use a lot of metaphors.. if thats the right word... was never good in english, anyway, and they are still on sparrow records, which im pretty sure is christian label...

does anyone do any real reasearch??

metallica72487
06-15-2006, 01:28 AM
check out with faith or flames there not signed yet but there pretty close to being singed they have really good music.

www.myspace.com/withfaithorflames
really heavy

fender_rules728
06-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Creed has been dubbed a Christian rock band by some, though frontman Scott Stapp has disagreed with the label: "No, we are not a Christian band. A Christian band has an agenda to lead others to believe in their specific religious beliefs. We have no agenda!"

talkaboutlife3
06-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Pillar

mrFood
06-16-2006, 06:18 PM
No such thing.

ScottLones
06-17-2006, 08:20 AM
SIMPLE REASON. they live near me. ive seen them a few times. awsome stuff.
www.myspace.com/simplereasonfans
listen to 'empty handed'
x

theaznbeckham
06-18-2006, 02:01 AM
needtobreathe is an amazing christian band. the song "you are here" is spectacular. along with most of the other songs they have on their debut cd.

chloroformkisme
06-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Anberlin is a "christian" band but I don't think they really sound like it much.

<><
06-20-2006, 05:01 AM
Paramaecium
Crimson Moonlight
Shawn McDonald

/thread

antipop333
06-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Underoath
......and no way that As I Lay Dying is Christian :eek: :eek: :eek:

<><
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Underoath
......and no way that As I Lay Dying is Christian :eek: :eek: :eek:AILD...Christian members in the band.

antipop333
06-20-2006, 11:48 AM
yeah but how could that be true...their music is anything but loving (and christianity is about love)
W/E/........all i know is Underoath is amazing :cool: :cool: :cool:

<><
06-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Hmm. The Bible says that Christians are supposed to play their instruments 'skillfully'. I suppose Underoath's not Christian a Christian band either. I mean, they're disobeying the Bible...

:rolleyes:

antipop333
06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
true dat, but anyway i don't think they had hardcore when the Bible was being put together
just like they didn't have automatic rifles when they wrote the ammendment in the constitution, 'right to bear arms'

<><
06-20-2006, 11:56 AM
...so you're saying that because they play hardcore, they're allowed to be sloppy and have no creativity?

UnknownHero 666
06-21-2006, 08:56 AM
MEGADETH..... best one

mtl's_god
06-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Mortification

Nilcerise
06-21-2006, 03:30 PM
you all suck basically

STRYPER
WHITEHEART

Nilcerise
06-21-2006, 03:32 PM
oh yea and phil keaggy guaranteed the most skillful guitarist in life look up some videos
bascially a evh on acoustic but think probably 21/2 times better

bandgeek10
06-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Mxpx is also Christian, even though so many people say they arn't..They're a good pop-punk band, though their new stuff is a bit more "punk" and may appeal to the "punk" kids, but I doubt it. Side Walk Slam is also a good Christian pop-punk band, they sound like a cross between Green Day, Mxpx, and Blink 182

walkingsuicide
06-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok, so here goes kids, these are all christian bands (unlike Creed, Evanescence and Yellowcard):
Alice Cooper
Anberlin
As I Lay Dying
Audio Adrenaline
Beloved
Blessed By A Broken Heart
Blindside
Burden of a Day
By The Tree
Chasing Victory
Chevelle
Comeback Kid
Dakona
Danielson
Dashboard Confessional
Dead Poetic
Demon Hunter
Disciple
Dogwood
Emery
Every New Day
Extol
Far-less
Five Iron Frenzy
Forever Changed
Further Seems Forever
Haste The Day
He Is Legend
Hopesfall
Jesus Wept
Johnny Cash
Kids In The Way
KJ-52
Last Tuesday
Los Lonely Boys
Mae
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
mewithoutYou
Monday Morning
Mortal Treason
Mourning September
Mute Math
No Innocent Victim
Nodes of Ranvier
Norma Jean
Number One Gun
Petra
Phil Keaggy
Pillar
Poison The Well
P.O.D.
Project 86
Relient K
Rob Rock
Roper
Seventh Star
Showbread
Silence The Foe
Sinai Beach
Slow Coming Day
Skillet
Spoken
Staple
Starflyer 59
Stavesacre
Stellar Kart
Still Remains
Stryper
Stutterfly
Sufjan Stevens
Switchfoot
The Chariot
The Evan Anthem
The Felix Culpa
The Showdown
Thousand Foot Krutch
Thrice
Tourniquet
Tree63
U2
UnderOath
Wovenhand
Zao

theusedsk8er
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
So the list so far is....

Alter Bridge
As I Lay Dying
Blindside
Creed
Delerious
George Harrison (sort of)
Living Sacrifice
Pillar
POD
Relient K
Roper
Salvador
Switchfoot

Alphabetized for your convenience ;)

+ underOath

Gabuydachk
06-24-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm atheist, but I do like some Christian bands

Alter Bridge
Mortification
As I Lay Dying
(most bluegrass)
J. S. Bach (and other classical christians)
Norma Jean

I'm sure their others that I don't know are Christian

Green_Guitar
06-24-2006, 06:23 PM
My faves are Thousand Foot Krutch (not Crutch!!!!) and Hello Kelly

mkfry
06-29-2006, 03:13 PM
i like Third Day.Chris Tomlin Robin Mark and lots of others. I listen to klov. Jesus Saves!!!

ramsay81
07-04-2006, 05:40 AM
How about:

Starfield
Third Day
David Crowder Band
Casting Pearls
Monday Morning
Hillsong United (Especially their latest "United we stand")
The Afters
Chris Tomlin (Worship)
Matt Redman (Worship)
Tim Hughes (Worship)
Bleach
Jars of Clay
Phil Wickham
TREE 63!!!
The View (also known as Superfine) (From South Africa)
Warren Barfield (A bit like Maroon 5)

<><
07-04-2006, 05:42 AM
Hillsong United (Especially their latest "United we stand"):cheers:

SheeBassMasta
07-04-2006, 11:17 PM
for anyone who is paying attention to this thread still, anathallo has been mentioned previous, but not in extent, they are clearly uber christian and also one of the most amazing bands to date, trust me, listen to them, i actually posted a tab of theirs on here

check them out, they're amazing

<3
Sheep

DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS
07-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Demon Hunter! their new album, The Triptych, friggin rocks! LISTEN TO DEMON HUNTER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no but seriously, if you like good metal without hearing vulgar language, they are the perfect band. And they have very calming softer songs too. Their song My Heatsrtings Come Undone was featured on the Resident Evil: Apocolapse soundtrack. DH is truly a magnificent band.

laid_to_waste
07-14-2006, 05:05 PM
as far as christian hardcore/metalcore goes:
As I Lay Dying (duh)
Demon Hunter
Winter Solstice
Still Remains

just a couple of good bands i can think of.

2112swartz
07-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Blindside, tfk, emery, demon hunter, underoath, and skillet are good Christian hardcore/metal bands.

juniorfr3ak
09-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Alice cooper... wtf... that surprised me... a lot im gonna look that up

but MUTE MATH... they're like a mix between Muse and Radiohead a little bit of both... but that's just what I think they sound like... of course muse is supposed to sound like radiohead but I don't see that in the're newer stuff
anyways

MUTE MATH

Nikki Sixx
09-11-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't know if this has been said but Stryper. They are the best Christian band in my book. If no one said them, you should all be ashamed.

Midi Cream Pie
09-12-2006, 06:17 PM
KING'S X

I'm not sure if they count as christian or not, but they are definitely spiritual. And besides that, they are a whole lot better than most of the bands posted in this thread so far.

Zimwibwe
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I agree with Midi Cream Pie, KING'S X owns every other band listed in this thread.
And i always find their cd's in the christian rock section of the store so i guess they are christian rock!

the_shadow_rose
09-14-2006, 04:14 AM
Creed, definitely goes on top. (One Last Breath is like my anthem...) Skillet is good. Only heard one song, but it was good.

displaca_beast
09-14-2006, 09:08 AM
um thats easy.

first off.
CREED WAS NOT A CHRISTIAN BAND. THEY SANG "INSPIRATIONAL" MUSIC BUT AT NO TIME DECLARED THEMSELVES CHRISTIAN. just to let ya know.

As I Lay Dying. duh.
Norma Jean.
Demon Hunter.
The Chariot.
As Cities Burn.
Underoath.
Emery.
Delirious.
Audio Adrenaline.
Letter Kills.
Thousand Foot Krutch.
Yellowcard.
Mae.
Amberlin.
Sullivan.
Waking Ashland.
Number One Gun.
mewithoutyou.
Terminal.
Further Seems Forever.
Showbread.
Dead Poetic.
FM Static.

yea so those are some of my favorite bands. and theyre Christian too which makes them even better.

EDIT:: oh and Avenged Sevenfold isnt Christian to clarify it. The got the name from a verse in the Bible. They had an interview about it on this site like a week ago....

just because they are christian does not make them better you twat..because they are christian they appeal to you more so dont go round sayin that those bands are wicked or better cos they are christian

h0d0g
10-23-2006, 05:18 AM
U2 arent officially a christian band. Bono and the Edge openly claim their belief in Christianity but the other two don't.

IlIk2plygUItAr
10-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Didnt know about Norma Jean. Pretty sick though.

nophilip
10-24-2006, 03:58 PM
In christian music, "christian rock" is used far too liberally. Most "christian rock" is really "christian pop". However...
The best christian bands would have to be:
P.O.D.
Jars of Clay
12 stones

MissMurderScene
10-26-2006, 07:26 PM
underoath

wongacaster
10-27-2006, 05:58 AM
underoath and antiskeptic.
antiskeptic is good live and so is underoath.
and they both are great bands.

john21
10-28-2006, 09:31 PM
yo underoath is christian? wow i didnt know that but creed is preetty good

badguitarist13
11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
i could probably list close to 40 but im not going to- just my favorites:

P.O.D. (there are periods guys cuz its 3 different words)
Pillar
Blindside
Audio Adrenaline
Disciple
RED
The Chariot
FF5
Flyleaf
Kutless
Old Man Shattered
Sly's Alter Ego
Storyside: B
Switchfoot

heres 14 but like i said- my favorites and i could list 26 more or so others =)

clincher09
11-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Demon Hunter! their new album, The Triptych, friggin rocks! LISTEN TO DEMON HUNTER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no but seriously, if you like good metal without hearing vulgar language, they are the perfect band. And they have very calming softer songs too. Their song My Heatsrtings Come Undone was featured on the Resident Evil: Apocolapse soundtrack. DH is truly a magnificent band.

:cheers: I love me some demon hunter, started listening to the triptych for the 1 year aniversary, awesome stuff

lespaul323920
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
yeah um the showdown is like that

lespaul323920
11-02-2006, 04:38 PM
****** im still trying to get used to this um disregard that leas comment

camcraka911
11-04-2006, 03:29 AM
There are a whole lot of hardcore christian bands out there if you look at certain labels all the bands on those labels are usually christian for example toothandnail/solidstate all the bands have at least christians in them my favorite christian band at this point would be The Devil Wears Prada(their name is dumb but their music is AMAZING) followed by the chariot and norma jean
i also like maylene... he is legend haste the day zao and underoath(theyre only chasing safety is terrible mostly their really old stuff or their newest stuff is the best)

erica e.
11-04-2006, 04:24 PM
switchfoot,POD, Lifehouse,and some others. LIFEHOUSE IS MY BAND OF ALL TIME FAVORITE=)

poopsmith666
11-05-2006, 02:54 PM
well, here are the bands i know that are christian:

switchfoot
creed
reliant K
under oath
POD
sonicflood
dc talk

/heh/

Bands you KNOW are christian??? POD was at Ozzfest just to let you know...

ps Ozzfest = :headbang:

Graveyard
11-09-2006, 04:44 PM
underoath norma jean and as i lay dying are the best christian hardcore bands out there

ZeppelinFloyd
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
im a christian, but to be honest, pretty much all christian rock bands suck. i think it has something to do with their musicians not being able to play good.

AthenasGhost
11-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Not really a fan of them but Thousand Foot Krutch

And Creed. ;)

dumblostpunk
11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
lamb of god and the tenth circle are pretty heavy and uplifting

larry jones
11-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Does Blind Guardian count?

I didn't read all 200+ posts here, so sorry if they've been said to death...

AWA
11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
mewithoutYou is THE best christian band evah.

xX Maverick Xx
11-10-2006, 04:22 PM
CREED by far

lyrixgirl
11-10-2006, 04:53 PM
um The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus,and Flyleaf,and i think Avril Lavigne,and Kurios(you probably havent heard of them though,they dont have a recording label,but they do have 2 cds out.

Andrew Zara
11-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Pillar is the greatest christian band i have ever heard. They are very unknown but they are also very good.

clincher09
11-11-2006, 12:04 AM
um The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus,and Flyleaf,and i think Avril Lavigne,and Kurios(you probably havent heard of them though,they dont have a recording label,but they do have 2 cds out.

Dont you read? He said good christian bands. red jumpsuit apparatus isnt christian, and damn sure isnt good

larry jones
11-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Are Norma Jean Christian?

Sorry, I've just recently heard about them after their new album...

sumguy67
11-11-2006, 10:16 PM
demon hunter is pretty awesome.creed and alter bridge arent officially christian but they have insperational lyrics. creed especially.

Long_way_down10
11-13-2006, 10:36 PM
You expect me to actually write all my favorites? ha, that will take a little while. I like A LOT of chirstian bands. At the moment I'm particularly enjoying mewithoutYou, but it changes like every five minutes. Pretty much everyone on Solid State, though.

Liam Alan
11-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Oops how could i forget Creed?

Because you said good. Tremonti has some chops but the band is awful. ((IMO)) I would say Pedro the Lion. Also Obadiah Parker as well. I am pretty sure they are christian biased on their songs. And the fact they have a burning bush on their shirts and albums. They aren't really big right now but if they continue they could be big I think.

http://obadiahparker.com/

Breakdown
11-14-2006, 12:45 PM
POD, Relient K, and Switchfoot are all good christian bands. One of my fav bands that is christian is skillet. Forgot about Pillar and Disciple, dont know how though because they are two of my other fav bands that are also christian. There's a lot of good christian bands out there, you just have to find them.

victoryaloy
11-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Are Norma Jean Christian?

Sorry, I've just recently heard about them after their new album...

you bet

fast learner
11-14-2006, 11:15 PM
what about planet shakers?

metalcorehero
11-20-2006, 01:30 AM
P.O.D
MxPx
Norma Jean.
Blood Has Been Shed (howard jones' 2nd band)
half of killswitch are christian..
United (hillsong)
planet shakers
Saosin
Skillet
STRYPER!!!
As I Lay Dying
Antiskeptic (from mel, aus)
i can give a pile of local (adel, aus) bands myspace'sss
Demon Hunter

nickg
11-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Jars of Clay
Chris Tomlin
The KingPin Wrecking Crew (they're not new, but they're not big yet, they have an album on iTunes)
Newsboys
Paul Colman (Trio)
Sixpence None the Richer
Switchfoot (Chin album up to Letdown)

Trustkill_88
12-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Umm... How about August Burns Red?
Just read the special thanks section...
Also, UnderOATH...
And then the ones I don't like, but I'm pretty sure they're Christian...
POD and Skillet

Seth Shadows
12-14-2006, 01:52 PM
August burns Red, Underoath and All That Remains

erica e.
12-15-2006, 07:12 PM
i read somewhere on this thread that Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Chevelle were Christian bands. C'est pas vrai! RJA have a song called " Damn Regret" and Chevelle has used a cursed word in a song before. you can't curse in christian music. you can only say "hell".