[TAB] Welcome Home Influenced

View Full Version : [TAB] Welcome Home Influenced

01-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I based this riff on the progression from Welcome Home (Sanitarium) by Metalllica. Is the riff to similar to use in a song (i dont wanna be yelled at for copying) or is it orignal-sounding enough that i could get away with it?

I played them both for my sister and she said they sounded quite dofferent, but that probably just because of the last part of the Welcome Home riff.

01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Kind of sounds like it, the

part kind if gives it the Sanitarium kind of sound. But, I was playing it at the speed, and playing like it was the song, I don't know how yours is really played.

Maybe you could try and change the speed, or add in two or three notes. Something like that.

Goodjob, anyway.

01-10-2006, 11:49 PM
i didnt even know you meant "sanitarium" as you said welcome home, and i know it as sanitarium.
but i could tell, just by playing it.
add some notes, isntead of open, and youll be alright.
but if you keep the e and g open it will sound way to un-original

01-10-2006, 11:51 PM
but its a fun riff to mess around with.
keep experimenting.
i like the pattern though.
ill post what i got from it.
in a bit

01-13-2006, 07:27 PM
...That is the Sanitarium riff, is it not? You just inverted the picking pattern, essentially?right?

01-14-2006, 12:17 AM
...That is the Sanitarium riff, is it not? You just inverted the picking pattern, essentially?right?

Can you not read?

01-14-2006, 01:36 AM
its different enough from sanitarium to be regarded as its own riff (barely). maybe adding some techniques like hammer ons or slides to make it sound much more different.

01-14-2006, 11:17 AM
its.......too similar. like, you can tell its not the same but its a very blatant ripoff.

at least the way i played it, dont know how you envisioned it to be played.

01-14-2006, 11:52 AM
i don't think it can be an original riff, whatever you do with those notes it will always sound like sanitarium :)

please check out my powertab song : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4777312#post4777312

01-15-2006, 05:07 PM
It's way too similar to sanitarium you would be surprised look at the tab you just changed the pattern a little thats all. Sanatarium is

g --------------0-------------0-----------0---

D ----------4-------------5----------7--------

A -------2-------------3----------5-----------

E -----0------------0---------0---------------