[TAB] Welcome Home Influenced

PDA

View Full Version : [TAB] Welcome Home Influenced

*'-'*
01-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I based this riff on the progression from Welcome Home (Sanitarium) by Metalllica. Is the riff to similar to use in a song (i dont wanna be yelled at for copying) or is it orignal-sounding enough that i could get away with it?

E|-------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------------|
G|-------0---------0------0-----0--------0---|
D|---4---------5--------------7------5-------|
A|-----2---------3----------5----------3-----|
E|-0---------0----------0----------0---------|

I played them both for my sister and she said they sounded quite dofferent, but that probably just because of the last part of the Welcome Home riff.

kiefermatot
01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Kind of sounds like it, the

--------------------|
--------------------|
--0-------0--------|
--------7----------|
-----5-------------|
0------------------|

part kind if gives it the Sanitarium kind of sound. But, I was playing it at the speed, and playing like it was the song, I don't know how yours is really played.

Maybe you could try and change the speed, or add in two or three notes. Something like that.

Goodjob, anyway.

Striketalonx
01-10-2006, 11:49 PM
i didnt even know you meant "sanitarium" as you said welcome home, and i know it as sanitarium.
but i could tell, just by playing it.
add some notes, isntead of open, and youll be alright.
but if you keep the e and g open it will sound way to un-original

Striketalonx
01-10-2006, 11:51 PM
but its a fun riff to mess around with.
keep experimenting.
i like the pattern though.
ill post what i got from it.
in a bit

ChurchNSkate
01-13-2006, 07:27 PM
...That is the Sanitarium riff, is it not? You just inverted the picking pattern, essentially?right?

*'-'*
01-14-2006, 12:17 AM
...That is the Sanitarium riff, is it not? You just inverted the picking pattern, essentially?right?

Can you not read?

les_paul_01
01-14-2006, 01:36 AM
its different enough from sanitarium to be regarded as its own riff (barely). maybe adding some techniques like hammer ons or slides to make it sound much more different.

piratepirate
01-14-2006, 11:17 AM
its.......too similar. like, you can tell its not the same but its a very blatant ripoff.

at least the way i played it, dont know how you envisioned it to be played.

saddam
01-14-2006, 11:52 AM
i don't think it can be an original riff, whatever you do with those notes it will always sound like sanitarium :)

please check out my powertab song : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4777312#post4777312

FearOfTheDark1
01-15-2006, 05:07 PM
It's way too similar to sanitarium you would be surprised look at the tab you just changed the pattern a little thats all. Sanatarium is

g --------------0-------------0-----------0---

D ----------4-------------5----------7--------

A -------2-------------3----------5-----------

E -----0------------0---------0---------------