Elixir Polyweb Vs Nanoweb

PDA

View Full Version : Elixir Polyweb Vs Nanoweb

Calum Margey
01-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Ok i'v been using Elixir's nanoweb strings ( 10s ) and that's them just given in, the A string broke after 4 and a half months ( before these I used Dean Markleys, but they only lasted about a month )...I think i'm gona buy a bulk load from the internet or sumtin since they'v been real good for me, but i'v discovered they have a "polyweb" series which boast pretty much the same long lasting tone and life as "nanoweb" and are about the same price aswell...

so um...what's the difference? what one should I go for?

thanks in advance :D

Ed Vedder19
01-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Buy a single pack of polywebs. try em out and if you prefer them over the nanos then go bulk. the polywebs have a bit more of the web coating around them, but in my opinion they cancel out alot of the tone. i buy nanos in bulk because they sound a ton better then the polys. but hey thats just my ear so try a pack of the polys you might like em better, and we are talking acoustic right? ive never played elixirs on my les paul

timi_hendrix
01-11-2006, 02:52 PM
^ The electric nanowebs are great.

Danno13
01-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I had a pack of the ones in the blue box for my Ibanez once upon a time.

Sounded great, lasted a long time, and quite slippery, which I liked, but they're like $10, and GHS are $3... I don't like 'em THAT much more.

Calum Margey
01-11-2006, 03:01 PM
well, i'm talkin electric, but I have a set of Nanos on my acoustic aswell, which sounds frikkin bitchin, but I play mainly classical on my Cashimira and Electric on my SG so my acoustic suffers from less wear `n tear so the strings last longer...

I'v been readin up on Elixir's website but they don't distinguish between the polys and nanos...

"Polyweb - Have a balanced tone and smooth response
- Feel comfortably smooth and reduce finger squeek"

"Nanoweb - Have the bright tone and punch of non-coated strings
- Feel like traditional strings"

I aint no expert or anythin but I fink that's salesman talk...

wylde_overdrive
01-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I had a pack of the ones in the blue box for my Ibanez once upon a time.

Sounded great, lasted a long time, and quite slippery, which I liked, but they're like $10, and GHS are $3... I don't like 'em THAT much more.

:cheers: