Roy - Vocals
Kenny - Drums
Russell - Guitar

to

Alvin ( me ) - Bass
Roy - Vocals
Kenny - Guitar
Daniel - Drums

so we will be writing a lot of new material, so while in the writing process should i write a song or two that is meant to be more enjoyable live, such as simple bass with very few notes so i can interact with the crowd more? Such as play a full bar and then drop out for a bar, and go in and out like that?

just so you all know, im in a death metal/thrash band so most of my songs i play tons of fast triplets, i play some technical lines, and in some songs i do straight 16ths and am working on one where i do straight 32nds, so ima need to write a slower chilling song anyway.

so make a song or two simple intentionally for a live show or no?

=-p =-)

Rocker4500
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Just think, less is more. It doesn't have to be mega hard to be mega good. It all comes down to how it sounds, something that alot of songwriters forget.
As for interacting with the crowd, only do it if you find that your part allows it.

rathmusbass
01-12-2006, 08:46 AM
thats what i mean, should i write a song or two that intentionally allow me time to interact with the crowd, to flip them off, to grab my nut sack while giving the horns, to hump my bass, do a bass flip, pretend to masturbate, pretend to shoot/stab/kill my singer/guitarist, get behind my drummer and pretend to hump him, etc. etc.

or should i just continue with my all-balls-out speed stuff?

=-p =-)

Freunleven
01-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Mmmm . . . . howabout, just write the best songs that you can? Whatever category they fall into will be meaningless, as long as they're good, solid songs.

:satan:

Sir Edwin CBE
01-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Put simpler bass parts into your song so you can interact with the audience - just make surethat it doesn't take anything away from the song.

deusexbass2150
01-12-2006, 01:12 PM
The lines don't have to be super fast and hard to be good so yeah go for it

rathmusbass
01-25-2006, 12:30 AM
i just got lucky. my guitarist just wrote a song with a simple riff and had a very simple beat so now i got an easy enough bass line that will allow me to hump my drummer!

=-p =-)

Rocker4500
01-25-2006, 11:59 AM
i just got lucky. my guitarist just wrote a song with a simple riff and had a very simple beat so now i got an easy enough bass line that will allow me to hump my drummer!

=-p =-)

:confused: Please explain :confused:

Baba O'Riley
01-26-2006, 05:13 PM
...should i... grab my nut sack while giving the horns...hump my bass...pretend to masturbate...get behind my drummer and pretend to hump him
You're pretty horny:sexsmile: aren't you? :p:

Mmmm . . . . howabout, just write the best songs that you can? Whatever category they fall into will be meaningless, as long as they're good, solid songs.

:satan:
Exactly. :cheers:

=-p =-)
Well whatever works for you. :cheers: