KLIRA guitar

PDA

View Full Version : KLIRA guitar

dilandog
01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Manufacturer: Klira guitar
Model: Big Valley
Number: 213

This 12 string guitar is about 20 years old, made in Germany. Sound is really great. And that's all I know about it! Any info would be great! Thanx.

sashki
01-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I think the back is some kind of rosewood (probably indian), and the top is spruce, as used on many acoustic guitars.
It's a really cool guitar, looks good as new. How much did you pay for it?

Bill43
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Try http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Klira/Red_River-1.html Its not an exact match, but you main gain a little information from the reviews there.

Anyway....
Hofner, Framus, Hoyer, Hopf, Klira and a bunch of others, including some great custom builders are some of the several European (mostly German) companies that built guitars in the post-war years.. Many of these companies shared parts from the same suppliers. One sees the same tailpieces, bridges, tuners, inlay, and the like. By the late fifties most of these companies had broad product lines to rival Gibson.

Calum_Barrow
01-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Oooo rosewood back and sides. Nice. I prefer rosewood, but my 12 has mahogany back and sides.
I'm guessing yours is a copy of the Eko Ranger XII. It looks identical except for the rosewood and set neck. I really like Rangers and I like that one of yours too. How much was it?

BTW, you better put 12 strings on it :peace:

dilandog
01-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Price was about 800 EUR, 5 years ago... It's a pure copy of the Eko Ranger XII (I did some googeling, thnx Calum_Barrow) . But It's a great instrument. I used it in studio, and Klira sounded better than much more expensive guitars. Works great as a 6 or 12 string guitar.

here is Eko Ranger XII

Nick Kosar
08-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Manufacturer: Klira guitar
Model: Big Valley
Number: 213

This 12 string guitar is about 20 years old, made in Germany. Sound is really great. And that's all I know about it! Any info would be great! Thanx.

Are you selling this guitar? If you are what are you asking? Here is my email address. nickkosar@gmail.com