impressive song for school assembly

PDA

View Full Version : impressive song for school assembly

duggyrocks
01-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Im playing my guitar in assembly this week but I dont know what to play. I need something that sounds hard. Ive been playing for about 2 and a half years, I might play thunderstruck by ac/dc . I dont want to make up something, I want something people would know. Any suggestions?

Blue Motion
01-14-2006, 03:58 PM
i don't have any specific songs to suggest, but remember that you'll probably be nervous and make some mistakes. So don't choose anything too difficult, or you'll screw up and look like you suck.

chase09
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
eruption by van halen

when the girls see you tapping, they'll be all over you after the performance

SLASH_MUSTAINE
01-14-2006, 04:04 PM
eruption by van halen

when the girls see you tapping, they'll be all over you after the performance

yea they will see how good u r with ur fingers n yea definetly be all over u.....eruption go for it all the way

duggyrocks
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I just printed out the tabs for it. It looks pretty hard. I have till Friday to learn it. Any tips on how to play it?

Zeus2716
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
^but only if u know how to play it. there is nothing owrse than a ****ty cover of eruption. comfortably numb? one helluva song there. maybe even somehting like 'you shook me all night long.' great song. chicks will love it. easy to play. you will sound amazing. good luck.

edit: eruption is deifficult to learn...so if you only have till friday, i would not play it, unless you are gonna practice it 10 hours a day every day. :peace:

duggyrocks
01-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I find the crazy outro tapping pat is the hardest. Any help on it?

kirkhammett1988
01-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Frenzy by Racer X, do that! **** Eruption!

But it is hard so don't count on it, if you are dedicated and think you can pull it off then hats off to you.

psychodelia
01-14-2006, 07:12 PM
I find the crazy outro tapping pat is the hardest. Any help on it?

It's the easiest (imo) although if your fretting pinky is not strong that might be a problem. All you do is tap-index-pinky (maybe substitute the pinky for your ring finger higher up). That's the cliche tapping lick, and on only one string too.

viciodk
01-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Play a song you can play already!! And practice that song a lot. It would just be stupid if you push yourself to learn a new "hard" song before friday.

SilentDeftone
01-15-2006, 09:43 AM
*moved*

-SD :dance:

duggyrocks
01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Im definetley not gonna play eruption. Im pretty crap at it, and even if I was good at it i would get nervous and mess it up on the day. Its between sweet child o mine, thunderstruct(where after a few repeats of the main riff I go into the solo because I dont have much time to play) and maybe something else that sounds good and people would know. I think its important that most of them have heard of it because the other day I was playing eruption to a friend and he said it was cool but he' rather hear something he knew. Its on friday

Edit: and by the way, theres a rehearsel tomorrow

rockergurl09
01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
how about hotel california - Eagles? I know, not the most rockin song, but it's likable by everyone and it has a pretty impressive solo that intermediate players actually have a chance at. Maybe you could do an electric remix. That would be sweet!! Somewhat easier than Eruption. Though I must say, I'd definitely be swooning if you did eruption. But I'd still be staring in awe.

ckyckycky
01-19-2006, 06:43 PM
play some of their ****ty ass Green Day ****- sure it sucks but all the non guitar playing kids will be like "whoa you can play american idiot!? youre awesome dude!" lol

PICKS r4 DICKS
01-20-2006, 05:34 PM
i dont know about you but if i played any rock songs no one in my school would know it, my school is 80% black. but id play an easy punkrock or mabey a top40 song

Hardin
01-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I'd personally suggest that you play a well-known song that you already know, I mean c'mon, if you've been playing for 2.5 years there has to be at least one song that you know front to back. But, try improvising the solo! Maybe start the solo like it is in the real song, then just go crazy. That might even work with one of the gay Green-Day solos. Think of that...the second coming of Hendrix meets face to face with Bille Joe and kicks him in the ass. w00t!