help with the way my band works

PDA

View Full Version : help with the way my band works

supertom24
01-15-2006, 09:01 AM
soon i am starting a metal band with my friend, and we dont have a drummer. He is the bassist and i am vocalist/guitarist. Is it suitable to use a drum machine instead of drummer? plaese give advice. :confused:

fretles57
01-15-2006, 09:15 AM
get a drummer. A drum machine is very dependable but only does what you tell or make it do. It obviously cant input and ideas or anything.

gpb0216
01-15-2006, 09:16 AM
soon i am starting a metal band with my friend, and we dont have a drummer. He is the bassist and i am vocalist/guitarist. Is it suitable to use a drum machine instead of drummer? plaese give advice. :confused:The primary thing is to just get started. So sure, go ahead and begin with a drum machine. Working with a drum machine will give the two of you an excellent idea of what kind of drumming you'd want from a live player.

As you and your bass player get tighter and tighter, you'll probably attract other people who want to play with you, including drummers. From this expanding pool of talent you should be able to identify a drummer who meshes with you two, both musically and personality-wise.

Good luck.

Baba O'Riley
01-15-2006, 08:03 PM
I think ultimately you'll want a drummer but for the moment a drum machine is fine. Playing with a drum machine is good because it forces you to be tighter.

UtBDan
01-15-2006, 11:06 PM
A drum machine ran by non-drummers tends to suck. Everyone tries to make these slick beats, and... fails because they don't actually think like a drummer. But that's hosh-posh...

if you must start out without a drummer, then go right on with the drum machine. I would make a classified ad in your local paper or something for a wanted drummer in a metal band. Drummer's are very key in bands.

Bulletbass man
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
your gonna want a drummer

Rocker4500
01-16-2006, 07:37 AM
When in practice, having a drummer would make you feel more live and up for it. With a drum machine you would feel as if you were just trying to get a track sorted, kind of like a metronome. With a drum putting in fills and really going for it in the relevant places, you'd really feel as if you were part of a band.