Merchandise

PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise

Dutch_Apples
01-15-2006, 02:55 PM
My band has been playing a lot of shows recently and we do not have an "official" demo worth selling to an audience. However, we have had a lot of people say they will buy our CD and really dig us. I figured a good way to make some money in the meantime would be to get some merchandise.

We are now just having the problem of finding a good company to go with and what products to put out there. Of course we are getting t-shirts, but we want a few items that aren't seen by a lot of bands (We play an eccentric style of post-hardcore mets electronica & have been knowing for having unique ideas, so we want to go with this image.) The name of the band is Tomorrow's Awakening, so we also kinda go with a sleeping/waking up theme. Here are some merchandise ideas:

Stickers
Condoms
Buttons
Panties/Thongs
An Alarm Clock
Toothbrushes

What do you guys think and do you recommend any companies? We want to keep costs down, but also have a good variety to start with.

SilentDeftone
01-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, UG uses http://www.cafepress.com/ultimateguitar *shrug*

Stickers are good, so are shirts, hats, other various clothing items.

-SD :dance:

deusexbass2150
01-15-2006, 04:44 PM
You can buy something that makes T-shirts, cant remember what its called
Stickers are also easy to make
Things that you make yourself should keep the cost down, don't know any companies though
(BTW lovin the condom idea :haha)

semus
01-16-2006, 06:58 AM
well, if uve got the money to do that...
go for it, but... ide put it to record a good demo worth selling..

u know, bands are for music, not for the image, u should start by sellin music.

gogita21
01-16-2006, 07:07 AM
I would get a record deal before starting to merchandise. At the most, maybe t-shirts, but you're really not successful enough to sell thongs or toothbrushes--anyway, band toothbrushes are like boyband merchandising. Go for t-shrits if you really want to sell stuff, but try to get a demo out, too. People can't listen to clothing.

skydogzoso1986
01-16-2006, 08:04 AM
i wouldn't start selling all that merchandising. people throw away all the stuff and most people won't even buy it. start with making a demo, then maybe some stickers or patches. don't invest too much in merchandising, you have to earn money by gigging, selling albums