Busking

PDA

View Full Version : Busking

heggazz
01-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Ok, me and my mate have decided to busk one night in the next few weeks just for a bit of fun. We have a problem. We don't really know that many acoustic songs and even less acoustic songs with two guitars. What we are looking for is some nice acoustic songs (difficulty is not a problem), but preferably songs with a nice sounding, complex melody. If anyone could make some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. But also songs we would like, so nothing that even speaks of classic rock. If it helps I'm into hardcore and metal, and he's into alternative rock and we both like punk and emo so anythin like that would be great, thanks in advance :peace:

- hego

greenguitargirl
01-16-2006, 04:11 AM
Just play anything that comes to mind...its only busking, no need to be too serious. Though, if you want the big bucks on the streets....

Endoscope
01-16-2006, 04:14 AM
Joe Strummer went busking in the T in the Park campsite one year when he played at the festival. So you have standards to meet!

Guitar_Guy00001
01-16-2006, 04:31 AM
isn't that death cab for cutie song on acoustic? was it "soul meets body"? sry dunno wut its called..
< and >
foo fighters- everlong

sry thats all i could get off the top of my head

Smidge
01-16-2006, 04:40 AM
try some turin brakes, two acoustic guitars and vocal harmonies.

heggazz
01-16-2006, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the ideas mates that turin brakes sounds like what I'm lookin for, I'll have to check em out first.

Sorry, really didn't like 'em. Thanks for the help anyway.

opf
01-16-2006, 05:23 AM
Just play songs that people will know rather than something really over the top and complex. I see people in my town walk by this really good guitarist everyday but as soon as he starts playing Oasis or something people give him cash.

Also, I don't know about the laws in Australia but over here you have to have a busking permit that you get from the local council...

That_Pink_Queen
01-16-2006, 06:30 AM
No use playing really alternative songs that noones ever heard...also don't come out with something too common. You wan't it to be familiar, but not too overplayed.

JONNY HENDRIX
01-16-2006, 08:37 AM
What about california, by phantom planet, both guitar parts are very easy to play and it wil probs sound good buskin, and beatles songs everyone would like to shop listen to beatles song now wouldnt they, but buskin with punk and emo, dont think it would go down well banging out offspring songs, lol
anyway goodluck hope find a good way to make a livin

SilentDeftone
01-16-2006, 09:32 AM
*moved*

Learn some blues.

-SD :dance: