pedal board and pedal arrangement.

PDA

View Full Version : pedal board and pedal arrangement.

imbackagain2
01-17-2006, 10:51 AM
I want to make a pedal borad. Any one know where theres some good instructions on how to? Also how should I arrange my pedals. Heres how I have it set up now. Feel free to suggest moving things around to possibly get a better sound.
Guitar-Dimewah from hell-boss sd-1--boss ch-1--ibanez soundtank flanger--amp. I also have the dunlop power brick that powers all the pedals so that would need a place on there too. I also have a footswitch so I can use my amps distortion but thats besides the point. So yeah suggestions on pedal placement and intstructions or photos on how to build a pedal board. Or if anyone knows where they're cheap Id be interested in buying one too.

Dave_Mc
01-17-2006, 12:17 PM
*moved* to G B&C- you'll get more answers there.

:cheers:

SuperAnalytical
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Power Brick

Pedal 1|-|Pedal 2|-|Pedal 3|-|Pedal 4|

The way I should have it is that the power brick is in the top most area centered near the 2nd and 3rd pedals. Then below it, the pedals. You should also think of revising your way the pedals are setup in the chain. It should be (I believe) Wah, Distortion/Overdrive, Flanger, Chorus.

EDIT: Yeah, that doesn't work the way I had it before... :sad:

poochy
01-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I'll walk you through how I went about building mine.

First you should tinker with some ideas, try to make some original ideas, and try to make them work, and if they can't possibly, scrap them. As for size, take what you have now (in terms of pedals), and then add how many pedals you plan to add and estimate the size. After which, you should decide on material, building a board isn't like building a guitar, wood really doesn't matter. Personally, I went with 5-ply plywood, durable and cheap, and we usually have some laying around, but you can go as cheap as carbon board, or if you want to waste some cash, even mahogany. Maple or pine is where I'd go for cheap, durable, hard woods. Then comes the construction phase. It's best to use a table saw, a router, a Jigsaw and a power drill. If you don't have those, improvise. at this point, I really can't help you because you have to build it using your plans and ideas. For assembly, I recommend using Gorilla Glue (toughest glue on earth, I swear by it) and drywall screws. Nails and/or brads I don't recommend because the wont hold up as well as screws.

I hope this helped.

imbackagain2
01-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Do you have pics of yours? I don't really care about how it looks im more interested in organization and neatness. Cause right now everything is every where and it's really an eyesore. I will try my pedals out like you suggested. Is there a reason why the order effects the sound?

poochy
01-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Do you have pics of yours? I don't really care about how it looks im more interested in organization and neatness. Cause right now everything is every where and it's really an eyesore. I will try my pedals out like you suggested. Is there a reason why the order effects the sound?

There's a thread around here somewhere of my build. Photobucket crashes my computer all the time, so you'll be able to find the pics in that thread.

love_O_rock
01-18-2006, 02:49 PM
My personal preference is......guitar-distortion-wah-modulation-amp. Just my preference.......

imbackagain2
01-19-2006, 08:46 AM
cool thanks for the help