What u think about weezers new album

PDA

View Full Version : What u think about weezers new album

WeezerRocksHard
01-17-2006, 10:26 PM
weezer has been my favorite band all my life along with ozma and i personally think that weezers new album sucked. i think that the blue album was deffinitaly the best. what u guys think?

SuperAnalytical
01-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Green album is my favorite. Make Believe wasn't bad, but I felt it didn't sound as "new" as it could have. Yeah, I'm not much for it, but I don't think it sucked.

First post in Alt. and Indie ever. I'm proud of myself. :)

ZoSoII_13
01-17-2006, 10:36 PM
the songs all sounded the same... shoot me, but i like pinkerton

Letterbomb11
01-17-2006, 10:37 PM
wasn't bad, but no way the best weezer album. only maladroit was worse

DorkusMalorkus
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
the songs all sounded the same... shoot me, but i like pinkerton
Pinkerton and Blue were the best...and that is all I need from Weezer...

Make Believe sucked...

Stacked Actors
01-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Make Belive was super poppy, therefore appealing to the masses. People who don't like Weezer like Make Belive, people who like Weezer don't like Make Belive. Pinkerton is the best.

Letterbomb11
01-17-2006, 11:20 PM
^ I beg to differ. I like Weezer AND like Make Believe. I just think that it was only 4th best out of 5 albums.

WeezerRocksHard
01-18-2006, 08:49 AM
i dont see how u can say that maldroit sucked? i mean songs like dope nose and keep fishin were some of my favorite songs

Grilled Chez
01-18-2006, 02:15 PM
None of their albums are bad. The thing is everyone always expects them to live up to their older albums every time they make a new one, which is never gonna happen.

MyMetalHeart<3
01-18-2006, 03:23 PM
their new album is horrible.

rivers has been rumored to chart the progress of weezer's radio worthy songs by drawing out graphs to narrow down why specific songs are favored more than others. some may call this a good business tactic. i, however, think its rather sick that music that once could be misconstrued as art has become a ploy to maximize profits.

their songs are progressively getting worse. whatever happened to the garage rock sound of the blue album? it died to make room for songs like "beverly hills" with music videos shot in the playboy mansion. **** rivers for exploiting the power of young boys' hormones and genitalia.

DIE WEEZER
DIE
DIE
DIE
**** RIVERS

WeezerRocksHard
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
lol i agree with grilled chez, i think that there frist few albums were there best and each one after that wasnt as good. i think that they should put all those b sides into a cd, you could atleast make 3 albums. i think there new sound is more poprock and more like other artists and stuff. i think that songs like the sweater song and say it aint so were the songs people liked because they had catchy lyrics and teens back then liked it. i also think some could relate to them, they were nerds just outta highschool. anyone agree

Letterbomb11
01-18-2006, 07:46 PM
i dont see how u can say that maldroit sucked? i mean songs like dope nose and keep fishin were some of my favorite songs

I didn't say it sucked. I said it was their worst. I still like it.

Lukeisonfire
01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Rivers is the biggest a hole on earth. I want to stab him to death. Anyway, They had good old stuff

pumpkins_rule
01-18-2006, 10:17 PM
My brother (12 years old) listened to my copies of Pinkerton and Blue ,and he said they weren't very good. I was like wtf man, those albums are the PWNAGE. I can understand him not liking Pink at first, but Blue is pretty damn accessible.

rogue.orchid
01-19-2006, 05:57 AM
blue album blue album blue album...

need i say anymore???

WeezerRocksHard
01-19-2006, 08:46 AM
ya the first time i listened to pinkerton i thought it wasnt so good but when i got to the good songs on it i was like ****, this is a good album

YAY_FOR_PIE
01-19-2006, 06:31 PM
I agree all the way with you, threadstarter. Their new stuff is crappy and unoriginal, but the Blue album was awesome.

WeezerRocksHard
01-20-2006, 08:45 AM
well last night i was watching some old weezer vids from there dvd and the old weezer video archive. i noticed that they sung a lot better back then unlike now. for example, on music at aol.com, when they were playing perfect situation when they get to the part after the solo when hes just singing and the bass is playing he cant quite hit the note right. but like back in the say it aint so they were hitting higher notes. but then in freak me out on make believe he hits a super freaking high note. so idk what u guys think

cut that city
01-20-2006, 07:56 PM
IMO it was okay

but blue album and green album are my favs

rogue.orchid
01-21-2006, 01:09 AM
well last night i was watching some old weezer vids from there dvd and the old weezer video archive. i noticed that they sung a lot better back then unlike now. for example, on music at aol.com, when they were playing perfect situation when they get to the part after the solo when hes just singing and the bass is playing he cant quite hit the note right. but like back in the say it aint so they were hitting higher notes. but then in freak me out on make believe he hits a super freaking high note. so idk what u guys think

just cou-cou-cou-couldnt quite get it out could you? sorry i just had to say something...

yeh as i said before the blue album rocks... better vocals and better songs overall... but thats not to say that i hate make beleive...

Iluvpowerchords
01-21-2006, 01:29 PM
That Album didn't really do it for me.

Beverly Hills was so infectious and catchy that I was looking forward to the album's release, but the album was kind of a letdown.

Blue remains the best.

WeezerRocksHard
01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
ya me neither. i thought their new album would be good because of beverly hills

agreth_3rd
01-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Make Belive was super poppy, therefore appealing to the masses. People who don't like Weezer like Make Belive, people who like Weezer don't like Make Belive. Pinkerton is the best.
yeah it certainly was more poppy. certainly more easy to listen to. I liked it for a while but quickly got bored of it. blue is my favourite followed by maladroit.

NFFC_1865
01-22-2006, 10:37 AM
WHAT?!?! Beverly Hills was terrible. The only good Weezer songs to exist are on the Blue album. 'Nuff said.

telex289
01-22-2006, 10:38 AM
i havent listened to the new album yet, but i dont really plan to either... i have all of them besides the new one

Shep D
01-22-2006, 10:41 AM
weezer has been my favorite band all my life along with ozma and i personally think that weezers new album sucked. i think that the blue album was deffinitaly the best. what u guys think?

Weezer was easily my favorite band 5-7 years ago....I've kind of retired them..I don't listen to them much anymore but pull them outta the vault every once in awile....BIG props for listening to Ozma (R.I.P) i wish they were still together. I still listen to them alot.

WeezerRocksHard
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Weezer was easily my favorite band 5-7 years ago....I've kind of retired them..I don't listen to them much anymore but pull them outta the vault every once in awile....BIG props for listening to Ozma (R.I.P) i wish they were still together. I still listen to them alot.

dude did you hear, Ozma is back together and they played there first show already, check them out, myspace.com/ozma im so excited

Shep D
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
really?...i'm going there right now.

Guitarist132
01-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Green was best.

DeathCab4Cutie
01-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Make Believe... eh, boo.
Blue... :)

And I honestly haven't heard much of any other albums. :(

808lokalboi
01-27-2006, 01:37 AM
weezer's new stuff is crapppppyyyyyy....maybe not crappppy but just not as good as their old stuffffffff...........

Goon
01-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Weezer brings back memories of good times. I'll love them forever and ever. Weezer is probably the reason I suck at maths because all I did in Grade 10 maths was draw =W= all over multiple items as well as singing El Scorcho to the super-smart asian kids sitting in front of me to distract them. I'll never forget the good times I had with my old friend weezer.

LightningMind
01-28-2006, 02:21 AM
before the green album was released, or even before any hype of =w=, i was stoked about them. they were my fav. They were so incredibly myserious and intrugueing. Now I think they are a waste of my money. But maybe my tastes have outgrown their 'market'....I bought make believe and have been so extremely dissapointed in what they are using their skills on. Blue & Pink were such incredible albums. I even tracked down and managed to catch "Madama Butterfly" playing at the Opera. They have become a waste of brilliance. I feel like I have been lying to myself now. )-;.... I hope one day I can hold the same respect for the weez.

peanut head
01-29-2006, 10:43 PM
not as good as the colered albums, actulally all of weezer's good albums dont have names only colors...

Shep D
02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Weezer brings back memories of good times. I'll love them forever and ever. Weezer is probably the reason I suck at maths because all I did in Grade 10 maths was draw =W= all over multiple items as well as singing El Scorcho to the super-smart asian kids sitting in front of me to distract them. I'll never forget the good times I had with my old friend weezer.

suck at "maths"....did you write weezer logos during english too?

WeezerRocksHard
02-02-2006, 08:24 AM
lol ya dude i right =w= all over my **** and then people are like. wonderwomen? lol dude i'm gonna start sing el scorcho to all of the asain people to lol

mattlock
02-02-2006, 09:51 PM
They should have quit after they made Pinkerton.

But I can only listen to Pinkerton when I can't get any more depressed than I am. That album is so incredibly depressing... I don't know why. Except for El Scorcho, of course. That song makes me laugh.

pumpkins_rule
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM
They should have quit after they made Pinkerton.

But I can only listen to Pinkerton when I can't get any more depressed than I am. That album is so incredibly depressing... I don't know why. Except for El Scorcho, of course. That song makes me laugh.

Yeah, Pink Triangle and Butterfly just break my heart.

WeezerRocksHard
02-03-2006, 09:30 AM
i think that they shouldnt have made make believe and just go on tour with like ozma and **** and play all of there old stuff. their classic stuff like the sweater song and el scorcho

floyd matt
02-03-2006, 10:51 AM
i liked it because it hade some cool stuff on it i think they will improve i seen weezer in october with foo fighters killer show weezer hade a acoustic for a song and he was in the crowed playing it. i think they will improve but hey we will see

I_Pwn
08-16-2006, 11:38 AM
I thought it was absolute s hit. There wasn't one good song of that whole album. They should hav done another album similar to Pinkerton