Agalloch

PDA

View Full Version : Agalloch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

eazy-c
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I say we buy Korina a spy-cam he can use to transmit a live feed.

progbass
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I say we buy Korina a spy-cam he can use to transmit a live feed.

i have monies.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
As Embers Dress the Sky

or

...At the Great Cold Death of the Earth

@Stoner - > live video feed please.

I will try those out. Thank you sir. :cheers:

progbass
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I actually know most of PF on guitar....

Mantle is so so

And I have Limbs, Bloodbirds ii, and Fire Above committed to memory.

haven't got around to all of Falling Snow yet.

Lykaios
03-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Hrm, they're playing in the Netherlands on the 29th. I will be in the Netherlands at that time... however, the train to where they're playing is twice the price of a ticket.

Luckily the 29th is also my birthday so I don't have any problem justifying the cost ^_^

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I actually know most of PF on guitar....

Mantle is so so

And I have Limbs, Bloodbirds ii, and Fire Above committed to memory.

haven't got around to all of Falling Snow yet.

Ive got about half of Dead Winter Days down, but thats the only one from Pale Folklore I know any of.

progbass
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
SPFATS parts 1 and 2

Dead Winter Days

Hallways

Embers

and most of MS

Lappo
03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
You guys happen to see the thread for Kauan a bit down the first page?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677416

Similar to Agalloch, and also Shapes of Despair. Highly recommended for fans of either (and obv. there are some Agalloch fans here :p: )

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
SPFATS parts 1 and 2

Dead Winter Days

Hallways

Embers

and most of MS

But do you know The Night and the Silent Water!?!! :p:

progbass
03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
on bass and guitar

same with Advent

and I know Hawthorne Passage

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
on bass and guitar

same with Advent

and I know Hawthorne Passage

..... :sad:

I will best you one day fiend.

progbass
03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
until that day, return to the realms of WoW before you can throw die with the big boys.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 09:14 PM
:haha

I havent played WoW in about a year so Im afraid you are misinformed good sir.

progbass
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
which is why you must return. You aren't allowed to roll the 20 sided die yet.

check the Obscura thread GB

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 09:26 PM
So no Dungeons and Dragons for me?

progbass
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
not until your Agarock song repitore improves.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Fine... Ill get too it then. Ill show you that I have ability to be an uber leet mage...

Which might take a while seeing as Im trying to learn the entire fretboard although Im pretty close to done...... *sigh*

progbass
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
oh man learning the fretboard is simple if you know where to start

C major.

Seriously. Learn where all the naturals fall, and then learn intervals.

You systematically learn chord construction and all your modes at the same time

MetalMessiah665
03-08-2009, 09:46 PM
I roll with the big boys and I haven't played WoW once in my life... :eek: I really must be as awesome as I think I am!

progbass
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
WoW < Morrowind

anyways, Agarock better tour states soon

MetalMessiah665
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Tried to get into Morrowind a while ago but got pissed off when to kill one bandit I had to turn the difficulty to the lowest setting :haha.

progbass
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Tried to get into Morrowind a while ago but got pissed off when to kill one bandit I had to turn the difficulty to the lowest setting :haha.

thus it is revealed that MM is untroo

MetalMessiah665
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Or maybe it is Morrowind's lack of leveled enemies that is untr00... I actually usually like unleveled enemies... It was mostly the combat system that pissed me off, every like third swing would hit them, the rest looked like they did and didn't do any damage :(.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
oh man learning the fretboard is simple if you know where to start

C major.

Seriously. Learn where all the naturals fall, and then learn intervals.

You systematically learn chord construction and all your modes at the same time

No idea what modes are. Im a noob with theory. I just start learning it and then I get bored and decide to just play songs :haha.

Basically though thats what Ive been doing is learning the naturals. Im just trying to jackhammer them into my brain so I know them without even thinking about it.

And Morrowind is pure pure win. Spent hundreds of hours in Vvardenfall. :p:

^Messiah are you using whatever weapon you have for major skills?

MetalMessiah665
03-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Maybe I'll give it another shot when I have some time... I'd imagine it's more fun when you're not a level one character with a dagger running around with no idea what the hell's going on :haha.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Its very difficult to get into, at least for me. I hated it when I first started, and almost got too pissed off and quit. Then I gave it another chance and it blew me away. I love it.

Also....... Falling Snow rules. >__>

MetalMessiah665
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Its very difficult to get into, at least for me. I hated it when I first started, and almost got too pissed off and quit. Then I gave it another chance and it blew me away. I love it.

Also....... Falling Snow rules. >__>
Then this'll probably happen to me... I've spent hundreds of hours on Oblivion, and I've heard that (aside from the terrible combat system) Morrowind is a lot better.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Then this'll probably happen to me... I've spent hundreds of hours on Oblivion, and I've heard that (aside from the terrible combat system) Morrowind is a lot better.

Oblivion was awesome..... it was just too easy. And what youve heard is right. Morrowind is alot better in basically every way besides the graphics and combat system. Oh, and Id try to play it on PC if you can, because the load times on Xbox are 2+ minutes long and its absolutely horrible.

progbass
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Morrowind's character creation is trial and error for the most part

once you understand how the game works, you can exploit it to hell.

note locations and fretboard knowledge is a must. Cheers for wanting to learn. PM me with any questions, I am a self taught theory buff. Been playing bass for 4 years, guitar for 2, and theory for about 3.

Modes work like this.

C major scale is C D E F G A B C

A minor is A B C D E F G A

same notes, same sequence, just different starting points.

If you number the notes C = 1, D = 2, etc.

then the 6th note of a major scale is always the relative minor (minor scale with same notes). E minor and G major are constantly utilized by Deep Purple (see Highway Star)

a mode works like this

C ionian (or C major) - C D E F G A B C
D dorian (starts on ii scale degree of C major) D E F G A B C D
E phrygian (starts on iii degree) E F G A B C D E
F lydian ( iv scale degree) F G A B C D E F
G mixolydian ( v scale degree) G A B C D E F G
A aeolian (sp?) (vi scale degree, relative minor ) A B C D E F G A
B locrian (vii scale degree) B C D E F G A B

Iron Maiden (and Thin Lizzy, Judas Preist, and Blue Oyster Cult) are known for harmonizing guitar melodies. Simply take C ionian melody sequence, play the corrosponding numbers from A aeolian over it and wha-lah, instant harmony

I'm off to play Morrowind now.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Morrowind's character creation is trial and error for the most part

once you understand how the game works, you can exploit it to hell.

note locations and fretboard knowledge is a must. Cheers for wanting to learn. PM me with any questions, I am a self taught theory buff. Been playing bass for 4 years, guitar for 2, and theory for about 3.

Modes work like this.

C major scale is C D E F G A B C

A minor is A B C D E F G A

same notes, same sequence, just different starting points.

If you number the notes C = 1, D = 2, etc.

then the 6th note of a major scale is always the relative minor (minor scale with same notes). E minor and G major are constantly utilized by Deep Purple (see Highway Star)

a mode works like this

C ionian (or C major) - C D E F G A B C
D dorian (starts on ii scale degree of C major) D E F G A B C D
E phrygian (starts on iii degree) E F G A B C D E
F lydian ( iv scale degree) F G A B C D E F
G mixolydian ( v scale degree) G A B C D E F G
A aeolian (sp?) (vi scale degree, relative minor ) A B C D E F G A
B locrian (vii scale degree) B C D E F G A B

Iron Maiden (and Thin Lizzy, Judas Preist, and Blue Oyster Cult) are known for harmonizing guitar melodies. Simply take C ionian melody sequence, play the corrosponding numbers from A aeolian over it and wha-lah, instant harmony

I'm off to play Morrowind now.

Oh wow thanks man. Didnt know you were going to type that all out haha. Ill definitely PM you if I have any questions relating to Theory. Appreciate it. :cheers:

progbass
03-08-2009, 10:24 PM
no prob. I basically taught myself theory without a guitar in front of me, so I can recall it very easily.

teaching yourself from books FTW!

I've impressed kids who took Berkley seminars, due to short time playing, and lots of inactive playing. I mostly write music now.

Progedit - wrote it all out to show you the patterns. If you can grasp how the patterns work, you can extrapolate everything to where you need it to be. I have 1 theory book, and I would do excises like writing out scales to see the patterns.

GBcommander
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Ive basically been getting all my info from this site. Mostly the higher rated articles on theory.

And thats why I want to learn theory. So I can actually write music, and finish a song. I write riffs, and then I think to myself "Where do I go from here?" So Im hoping theory can help me in that part as well as other things.

MetalMessiah665
03-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Oblivion was awesome..... it was just too easy. And what youve heard is right. Morrowind is alot better in basically every way besides the graphics and combat system. Oh, and Id try to play it on PC if you can, because the load times on Xbox are 2+ minutes long and its absolutely horrible.
I only have a PC, and I didn't even know they made Morrowind for xbox :haha.

Athetosis
03-09-2009, 01:47 AM
It's pretty terrible. Morrowind menus + Xbox controller = very, very bad. I got a copy from a friend for $5. It still almost wasn't worth it.

darkstar2466
03-09-2009, 01:55 AM
I keep listening to She Painted Fire Across the Skyline over and over again. It's so delicious, especially Part III where the chimes come in for the two sets of descending triplets...

*soundgasm*

GBcommander
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM

:haha, Oh ok. PC FTW, cause of mods as well.

I keep listening to She Painted Fire Across the Skyline over and over again. It's so delicious, especially Part III where the chimes come in for the two sets of descending triplets...

*soundgasm*

Indeed. The whole suite is amazing. My personal favorite though is part 2.

beadhangingOne
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh man! Falling snow anyone? I really like that song.

\Powerslave/
03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I modded Morrowind to hell and back. Oblivion even more. Hell I made a few mods.

Marskell
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
falling snow is an epic song, not their best though

darkstar2466
03-09-2009, 04:19 PM
The Hawthorne Passage has been owning my balls lately.

GBcommander
03-09-2009, 04:20 PM

You sir are incorrect. Falling Snow> All. That is a fact that cannot be disputed. :p:

GREENWARRI0R
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
You sir are incorrect. Falling Snow> All. That is a fact that cannot be disputed. :p:

oh man, i love this song. It's what got me into this band.

Marskell
03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Im Sorry But
--->The Hawthorne Passage has been owning my balls lately.

A Perect Example of a better song

eazy-c
03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
In The Shadow is my favourite Agalloch song right now. Haven't listened to PF or AATG in a while though.

BringMeTheCalm
03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Falling Snow is one of Agalloch's worst songs.

That being said, it's one of Agalloch's worst songs.

korinaflyingv
03-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Falling snow is incredible... one of their best fo'sho
can't think of any better at the moment really
In the Shadow... comes very close

beadhangingOne
03-09-2009, 06:26 PM
The Hawthorne Passage has been owning my balls lately.

I tabbed that song if you wanna learn it. Most fun I've had tabbing a 12 minute song :D

Broadsword
03-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Korina and GB on this one. Even if the first half sucked absolute arse - which it most certainly doesn't - the outro would more than make up for it.

Hell, that outro is the best Agalloch moment, imo. Constant chills every time I listen to it.

progbass
03-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Falling Snow is one of Agalloch's worst songs.

That being said, it's one of Agalloch's worst songs.

ah ya hoser. bad day eh?

what Morrowind mods you guys use?

The Mantle is my current fav, discuss.

BringMeTheCalm
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Not a bad day, I'm just bitter, edgy, and controversial.

The Mantle is also my current favorite and will be for sometime.

Marskell
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
the only good thing about falling snow is "red birds escape my wounds, and return as falling snow" the rest is just filth!!!!

BringMeTheCalm
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
No way man, Falling Snow is beastly, it's just Agalloch's worst song. Excluding ambient pieces.

progbass
03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
the only good thing about falling snow is "red birds escape my wounds, and return as falling snow" the rest is just filth!!!!

*twitch*

what about it makes it filth?

BringMeTheCalm
03-09-2009, 07:03 PM
*twitch*

what about it makes it filth?

Teen angst.

VampireGoldfish
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Ugh

Marskell
03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
it's just dosent sit well with me

BringMeTheCalm
03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Someone should tab out Falling Snow because I want to play it.

progbass
03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Ugh

my thoughts exactly.

GBcommander
03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
ah ya hoser. bad day eh?

what Morrowind mods you guys use?

The Mantle is my current fav, discuss.

I actually dont use any at all. But Im sure once I beat the game I will probably use some.

Mantle - Second best album. Also, I just listened to I Am the Wooden Doors for the first time in about a month or so. Opening double bass = teh secks

I honestly would, but I dont think my ear is good enough to do it at this point.

Someones tabbed out the melody parts but that really doesnt do much...

beadhangingOne
03-09-2009, 08:15 PM

I'll probably end up doing it over spring break, as I've got nothing better to do.

GBcommander
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
^Sweet. Tell us when your done with it. Cause I would love to learn it.

CG Man16
03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
yeah dude, i've figured out not unlike the waves from the video cut tab, and i'd really like to learn falling snow.

progbass
03-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I got some of the parts down, just others I need to work on. probably 45 % or so completed

RedDeath9
03-10-2009, 12:14 AM

QUOI?!?

The Mantle = best

Although, Not Unlike the Waves almost puts AATG above it.

VampireGoldfish
03-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Agalloch does not have a "best."

Agalloch is best.

\m/Gaz
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
haven't listrened to these guys in a while, but oddly today I'm in a very weird mood, and got a craving for them, listening to ashes now, amazing album... really helping with stuff I have on my mind atm

GBcommander
03-10-2009, 05:59 PM
^Helps to listen to different genres when trying to come up with music doesnt it? :p:

\m/Gaz
03-10-2009, 06:18 PM
yup, even if your desired sound is nothing like some of the stuff you listen to :p:

also, I meant just stuff going on generally, not just music, but it sure helps me musically too

GBcommander
03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh lol. That is true as well.

Been listening to a lot of The White today.

\m/Gaz
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
yup, it's odd how listening to Agalloch and Alice in Chains can help me write blackened death metal :p:

GBcommander
03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
:haha, thats awesome. Grunge and Folk Metulz! How long have you been playing guitar by the way?

progbass
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Agalloch does not have a "best."

Agalloch is best.

this.

take note, VG knows best.

BringMeTheCalm
03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Therefore, VG knows Agalloch.

Autographs plz.

GREENWARRI0R
03-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Oh lol. That is true as well.

Been listening to a lot of The White today.

Me too.

Actually, I've never really given a full listen until today. It's a great piece of work.
I'm sad I didn't listen to it sooner D:

\m/Gaz
03-11-2009, 09:32 AM
:haha, thats awesome. Grunge and Folk Metulz! How long have you been playing guitar by the way?

and Foo fighters today oddly...

and I've been playing for erm... 5 years now I believe :)

GBcommander
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Me too.

Actually, I've never really given a full listen until today. It's a great piece of work.
I'm sad I didn't listen to it sooner D:

Yeah, its alot better than I thought. I never really payed attention to it fully till yesterday. Birch Black FTW!

and Foo fighters today oddly...

and I've been playing for erm... 5 years now I believe :)

Oh nice. I still have a long way to go. Only been playing for about a year and a couple months. Also, Oblation to Appease Menthu is an awesome track. :headbang: Keep up the good work.

Marskell
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
mmmmmmmmm the white is great! I'm on a " the mantle " binge

GBcommander
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Havent listened to The Mantle in a while. Havent really been in the mood for Agalloch. Im mostly listening to tons of Prog Rock/Metal.

Marskell
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I have been the same. heaps of proggy stuff!!!!! but lately the weather has been overcast and raining. and other **** so I've been in a folk doom mood for the last 2 days

progbass
03-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Havent listened to The Mantle in a while. Havent really been in the mood for Agalloch. Im mostly listening to tons of Prog Rock/Metal.

wooo

what prog rock bands?

GBcommander
03-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Old Prog Rock: King Crimson, ELP, Yes, Camel

Modern Prog Rock: Abigail's Ghost(very similar to Porcupine Tree but nevertheless good stuff), Porcupine Tree, Riverside

Prog Metulz: LOTS of Dream Theater, Edge of Sanity, Cynic, Devin Townsend

Listening to Focus right now actually. :p:

progbass
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Old Prog Rock: King Crimson, ELP, Yes, Camel

:heart:

what albums from each?

GREENWARRI0R
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, its alot better than I thought. I never really payed attention to it fully till yesterday. Birch Black FTW!

I love that song... then second that drum kicked in, i knew it was going to be awesome, lol.

\m/Gaz
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Oh nice. I still have a long way to go. Only been playing for about a year and a couple months. Also, Oblation to Appease Menthu is an awesome track. :headbang: Keep up the good work.

well keep at it :p: I'm sure my playing doesn't sound 5 years old, but whatever :p: and Oblation's our old song haha, check out the new demo if you please...

also, *clings on topic* kinda working on an Agallochey piece atm (not for my band), because I've has some weird feelings recently, they may better be conveyed by this style rather than blackened death

progbass
03-11-2009, 01:17 PM
well keep at it :p: I'm sure my playing doesn't sound 5 years old, but whatever :p: and Oblation's our old song haha, check out the new demo if you please...

also, *clings on topic* kinda working on an Agallochey piece atm (not for my band), because I've has some weird feelings recently, they may better be conveyed by this style rather than blackened death

weird feelings recently

weird feelings recently

WEIRD FEELINGS

something you trying to tell us?

also, what era Agarock?

eazy-c
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Bolding fail :p:

korinaflyingv
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
progggy sucks at bolding

progbass
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
>.>

<.<

where?

\m/Gaz
03-11-2009, 01:23 PM
erm, I only have ashes, so that era :p: and what you getting at with the weird feelings stuff? it's a really ****ed up situation I'm in tbh, something I won't bore you with...

eazy-c
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Get Pale Folklore and The Mantle now.

\m/Gaz
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I was thinking of getting more actually, which one first? I'll 'attain' it after I finish downloading a devil doll album

eazy-c
03-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Both.

progbass
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
agreed, if you have Ashes, go with Mantle, then PF. PF is more black metal, Mantle more folk

the weird feelings thing was my attempt at a homo joke

\m/Gaz
03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
agreed, if you have Ashes, go with Mantle, then PF. PF is more black metal, Mantle more folk

the weird feelings thing was my attempt at a homo joke

*cough* homophobe *cough*

but we'll not go into that :p: it's actually kinda about a girl haha

EDIT: and also, I love black metal anyway, but for agalloch I preferr the more folkey parts

korinaflyingv
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
*cough* homophobe *cough*

but we'll not go into that :p: it's actually kinda about a girl haha

EDIT: and also, I love black metal anyway, but for agalloch I preferr the more folkey parts
ashes is the least folky
so get the rest

progbass
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
White EP is teh folkiest, get that too

GBcommander
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
:heart:

what albums from each?

Yes - Fragile
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King (Epitaph FTW)
ELP - Trilogy
Camel - I got some thing from iTunes called Echoes which I guess is a collection of their best hits over the years. Not exactly sure. I couldnt find anything else of theirs unless I went to Amazon.

Oh, I didnt realize there was a new demo. Is it Unto the Crypt? Cause I actually thought those were the older ones lol. I like the production on Oblation much more, probably cause I can hear everything alot better.

\m/Gaz
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
haha, Oblation is the old one, the rest are the new ones, we recorded them both in the same studio, but completley different ways, Oblation was live, and the new demo was multitracked, I thought the newer ones came out better but everyone's entitled to their opinion of course

EDIT: ah well, at least crappy quality makes us more kvlt :cool:

GBcommander
03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Hmm, maybe Im just weird. :p: I think its just the guitars sound too "buzzsawy"(made up words FTW!) to me. The other one sounded more like a real guitar idk haha. Personal taste I suppose.

progbass
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Fragile is good, but I think Relayer is the unspoken masterpiece. Yes Album is really good to.

haven't heard Trilogy yet, but I have Tarkus and Brain Salad Surgery, ace stuff

I have most King Crimson from '69 -> '74 (when they originally broke up). Only missing two albums, and all the ones I have are amazing.

I have Camel's first album, Camel, and its orgasmic. Mystic Queen and Never Let Go especially.

Gaz, I though the drum sound really made the band. The guitar work was expected brutal death stuff (no offense) but the drum sound was so primitive, it just really captured what you guys are all about.

korinaflyingv
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I have Camel's first album, Camel, and its orgasmic. Mystic Queen and Never Let Go especially.
naah it's all about slow yourself down
when he sings along with his guitar, that's orgasmic

\m/Gaz
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM
GB - yup, personal taste

Prog - yeah, the drummer is far and away the best musician out of us, and although I write all the music, we'd be nothing without him

GBcommander
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Fragile is good, but I think Relayer is the unspoken masterpiece. Yes Album is really good to.

haven't heard Trilogy yet, but I have Tarkus and Brain Salad Surgery, ace stuff

I have most King Crimson from '69 -> '74 (when they originally broke up). Only missing two albums, and all the ones I have are amazing.

Gaz, I though the drum sound really made the band. The guitar work was expected brutal death stuff (no offense) but the drum sound was so primitive, it just really captured what you guys are all about.

Yeah, Im planning to get Relayer because I heard it was their finest work. Havent heard Tarkus or Brain Salad Surgery so I cant compare. From the Beginning is an awesome ballad though. And as for Camel Im currently trying to get the S/t.

progbass
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
@Korina, its hard to choose a favorite from that album....

GB, s/t is one of the best prog releases of all time. That is saying something. I'm sure those who have listened with agree. Also, check your profile...

korinaflyingv
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
@Korina, its hard to choose a favorite from that album....
it's pretty easy for me:
slow yourself down > never let go > rest

progbass
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
psfht, you are clearly not the fanboi I am....

clearly its Mystic Queen > Never Let Go > Slow Yourself Down > rest

Marskell
03-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Im pretty sure i love everything agalloch have done now. pale folklore is now my fav atm... As Embers Dress The Sky.... come on i dare you not to find a more amazing song from a brillant band

boyan89
03-18-2009, 09:33 AM
I like Agalloch. :)

korinaflyingv
03-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I like Agalloch. :)
so do i

A WEEK AND A DAY
:D

eazy-c
03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Some of you may be interested in this. (http://blotundeisen.blogspot.com/)

GBcommander
03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Im pretty sure i love everything agalloch have done now. pale folklore is now my fav atm... As Embers Dress The Sky.... come on i dare you not to find a more amazing song from a brillant band

Hallways and DWD> Embers

korinaflyingv
03-18-2009, 12:58 PM
"A goat head backpack"

"A sort of intergalactic crab lord"

boyan89
03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Some of you may be interested in this. (http://blotundeisen.blogspot.com/)

I did enjoy that.

progbass
03-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I found Fenriz kinda funny, but interesting indeed

eazy-c
03-18-2009, 07:46 PM
The guy's other blog is pretty good for music as well.

CG Man16
03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
hey can someone here tab the 1st solo in Not Unlike the Waves, the one at 4:35. I'm making a gp tab for that song and i can't figure that out, got the rest though :)

Lappo
03-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I found Fenriz kinda funny, but interesting indeed

Digestor's isn't bad, either.

Marskell
03-19-2009, 02:06 AM
hey can someone here tab the 1st solo in Not Unlike the Waves, the one at 4:35. I'm making a gp tab for that song and i can't figure that out, got the rest though :)
it's already been done. i have done a GP tab with drums and it got rejected

CG Man16
03-19-2009, 03:16 PM
The tab's the video cut, and it's missing acoustic parts and the first solo. I'm making the whole thing with all the guitars, drums and bass. Could you send me the solo anyhow?
Edit: To marskell

frozen-dirt
03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
^Hey, just so you know, those Insomnium lyrics were actually take it from a poem called The Night Has A Thousand Eyes. I forget the author, but you can look it up if you'd like to know. Just thought you should be aware of this.

CG Man16
03-19-2009, 04:46 PM
yeah, my sig is right at the character limit so i can't add it.

frozen-dirt
03-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Aw gay. Oh well, it's not like there are any poetry snobs on this site. And if there are, **** them. **** them right in the ear.

Does anyone know what kind of amps Agalloch use to get their cleans and distortions?

destöroyah
03-22-2009, 08:21 PM
the hawthorne passage is a ****ing track and a half

Slaytanic1993
03-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Aw gay. Oh well, it's not like there are any poetry snobs on this site. And if there are, **** them. **** them right in the ear.

Does anyone know what kind of amps Agalloch use to get their cleans and distortions?

I know they use some kind of Mesa. Or at least Jon does.

boyan89
03-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Ashes Against The Grain is just, no words can describe that album.

progbass
03-22-2009, 09:49 PM
except awesome.

that word sums it up nice.

BringMeTheCalm
03-22-2009, 10:00 PM
The words "not as good as The Mantle" are also applicable.

progbass
03-22-2009, 10:11 PM
The words "not as good as The Mantle" are also applicable.

this week (hour? minute?) I have to agree

boyan89
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll have to listen to The Mantle. :p:

progbass
03-22-2009, 10:18 PM

buwahhhhhhhhhhh?

does not compute.

beadhangingOne
03-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Lol how'd you infiltrate this thread without listening to the mantle?

Slaytanic1993
03-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Lol how'd you infiltrate this thread without listening to the mantle?

Maybe he's one of the guys that doesn't like it ;)?

progbass
03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Maybe he's one of the guys that doesn't like it ;)?

if what I think you are thinking is true, don't say it.

Slaytanic1993
03-22-2009, 10:44 PM
if what I think you are thinking is true, don't say it.

:wavey:

Hi, boring instrumental bits with little to no variation or emotional expression are boring.

:wavey:

progbass
03-22-2009, 10:45 PM

I like The Lodge.

It has atmosphere

boyan89
03-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I haven't heard the album. :shrug:

progbass
03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
I haven't heard the album. :shrug:

yet.

the key word is yet.

Mantle is a godsend.

please tell me you have Pale Folklore?

if not, 10 bucks apiece (http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl;jsessionid=0a0108431f43b4218833dfc14f508506cdd1e9f44022.e3eSbNyQc3mLe34Pa38Ta38Nchz0?sc=16&category=&search=agalloch)

boyan89
03-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I need to make an account on that site. I need a job also. I download albums first, then if I really like it I'll buy it.

EDIT: Or just like it, not really like it. I hate not buying albums. And no, I've only heard Ashes Against The Grain but that made me want to get more Agalloch so yes by the end of the week I should have listened to it.

progbass
03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
I need to make an account on that site. I need a job also. I download albums first, then if I really like it I'll buy it.

I work a horrid job and buy albums.

also, take note of Ulver's Bergtatt

boyan89
03-22-2009, 10:55 PM
I can only work on weekends because I babysit my goddamned sister everyday of the week when I come back from school which I don't get money for and do I need a credit card or anything for that site?

beadhangingOne
03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
well AAtG is better than the Mantle haha, but the Mantle's good for what it is.

progbass
03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
at least a debit card. Paypal account works too.

pay your parents the bill in cash.

Also, Sculptured. Get any album. Its what the Agalloch boys do when they aren't doing Agalloch stuff.

Kusabi
03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
well AAtG is better than the Mantle haha, but the Mantle's good for what it is.

:wtf:

boyan89
03-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Would places hire just for weekends though?

Kusabi
03-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Would places hire just for weekends though?

Most restaurants will hire dishwashers for weekends.

progbass
03-22-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm sure a mom and pop restaurant might let you bus tables for low pay or dishwash.

offer to work for free for one weekend, if they don't like you, then you don't get the job. Simple as that. That alone might just get you in.

and I agree with Kusabi...

boyan89
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
:sad: Or I could make some deal with my parents for them to pay me.

TheMantipede
03-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I saw my name mentioned, Progbass, but I have seen the light.

Since I'm in this thread anyways, how does The White stand up against their other releases?

progbass
03-22-2009, 11:05 PM
you know album rankings go in the Opeth thread...

1. Mantle
1. Pale Folklore
1.5 Ashes
2. Of Stone Wind and Pillor
2. White

5. Grey
6. Tommorow Will Never Come

TheMantipede
03-22-2009, 11:06 PM

I assume in that case it's worth picking up?

progbass
03-22-2009, 11:08 PM
yeah thats a good assumption.

what other material of theirs do you have?

TheMantipede
03-22-2009, 11:10 PM
I've "acquired" all of their full-lengths so far, working my way through the EP's now.

progbass
03-22-2009, 11:12 PM
ahh

the White and OSWaP are almost like full lengths

Grey and TWNC are kinda meh, each with one good track, one ba.d

The From Which This Oak demo is cool though. Kinda of a more metal version of some PF tracks. reminds me of what Cynic did from the Demos to Focus.

TheMantipede
03-22-2009, 11:13 PM
ahh

the White and OSWaP are almost like full lengths

Grey and TWNC are kinda meh, each with one good track, one ba.d

The From Which This Oak demo is cool though. Kinda of a more metal version of some PF tracks. reminds me of what Cynic did from the Demos to Focus.
I think this shall be my next after The White.

beadhangingOne
03-22-2009, 11:15 PM
:wtf:

Opinionz. They're controversial aren't they :p:

progbass
03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
White EP is very absorbing. It is most definitely not metal, but a neo folk album. However, it has the same entrancing effect as Ashes.

GBcommander
03-23-2009, 12:15 AM
White EP is very absorbing. It is most definitely not metal, but a neo folk album. However, it has the same entrancing effect as Ashes.

Sowilo Rune = win.

mattallica
03-23-2009, 01:02 AM
+100

Fiddler
03-23-2009, 04:33 AM
Thursday is going to be sweet.

korinaflyingv
03-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Thursday is going to be sweet.
tr00 dat.

Marskell
03-23-2009, 08:36 AM
i cant stop listening to PF, The Mantle and Ashes on a continuous loop. it's driving me insane that i cant find a band like them, that i get the same feeling from, closest thing would be fen but their quite a bit off what i want

frozen-dirt
03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
^Yes, Agalloch are a cruel mistress. Damn them.

GBcommander
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
i cant stop listening to PF, The Mantle and Ashes on a continuous loop. it's driving me insane that i cant find a band like them, that i get the same feeling from, closest thing would be fen but their quite a bit off what i want

I havent listened to Agalloch in about a month. Havent been in the mood for them. Mostly Death Metal, SYL, Gojira, and the occasional Thrash album. :p:

For some similar to Agalloch try Dormant. Their obviously not as good, but their quite similar.

korinaflyingv
03-23-2009, 12:03 PM
that for me is the appeal of agalloch. when i first put on the mantle it was just like "i've never heard anything quite like this in my whole life". if there were several agallochs, wouldnt be so good.

beadhangingOne
03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Def one of those bands there can only be one of, along with Opeth, Meshuggah and a couple others.

Two or more Meshuggahs would cause headaches around the world :haha

Marskell
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
that is a great way to look at it! and yeah Korinaflyingv you are right, when i put on Ashes i was like "Woah" simply blown away. they need to hurry up with the dvd/album

progbass
03-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Two or more Meshuggahs would cause headaches around the world :haha

but you know...

they would sync up after 16 bars of one band and 7 of the other...

korinaflyingv
03-23-2009, 05:12 PM
but you know...

they would sync up after 16 bars of one band and 7 of the other...
olololol

sweet_leaf420
03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
i am just getting into these guys and Woods Of Ypres (go Canada!!!)... what are some other bands in the same vein as these two bands to check out?!?!?!

progbass
03-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Fen - The Malediction Fields

Fall of Rauros
Ulver - Bergtatt album
Drudkh - Blood In Our Wells
Primordial - The Nameless Dead
Sol Invictus - In the Rain
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

BringMeTheCalm
03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields

Also Dance of December Souls > BMD.

UncleCthulhu
03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Also Dance of December Souls > BMD.

Despite me being an Akerfeldt fanboy I am inclined to agree.

progbass
03-23-2009, 07:32 PM
I could never get into DDS....

boyan89
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I could never get into DDS....

Hey Progbass, I decided to spin The Mantle today. Playing it right now for the first time, it's glorious.

CG Man16
03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
^ do you have ashes against the grain

boyan89
03-23-2009, 07:42 PM
^ do you have ashes against the grain

Of course I do! :wtf: That album is just majestic and beautiful. The lyrics are just captivating and some piece of magic I tell you.

progbass
03-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey Progbass, I decided to spin The Mantle today. Playing it right now for the first time, it's glorious.

I will take your praises as 47 virgins awaiting me at my door...

Progedit - the reason I like Mantle so much is because it is a journey

boyan89
03-23-2009, 07:52 PM
I will take your praises as 47 virgins awaiting me at my door...

Progedit - the reason I like Mantle so much is because it is a journey

:haha:haha:haha Oh dude you are awesome. Yes even the first time you listen to it, it's an experience.

progbass
03-23-2009, 07:57 PM
best part is, the experience is different each time through. Glorious it is.

Progedit - Lemme expand on that.

Maybe the first time, you are captivated by the majesty that is In the Shadow...

Second time through, you might be entranced by the droning chords of The Lodge as I am the Wooden Doors fades away

The fifth and sixth run throughs could be dominated by Odal's beauty and emotion.

Next you could be crushed by the depressing outro of Hawthorne Passage.

eazy-c
03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
The Mantle is awful

progbass
03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
The Mantle is awful

get out :mad:

eazy-c
03-23-2009, 08:02 PM

Did you think I was being serious?

BringMeTheCalm
03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
The Mantle is awful

Lol.

progbass
03-23-2009, 08:07 PM

Did you think I was being serious?

I don't care. No one disgraces Agarock

boyan89
03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I listened all the way through " The Mantle" all I can say is.... WOW.

progbass
03-23-2009, 08:47 PM
yep.

that about sums it up.

What was your favorite passage?

boyan89
03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
I think I need to listen to it more to determine my favorite passage, but I really loved the acoustic outro in ... And the cold death of the Earth, that was fantastic, but I need to listen to it more.

progbass
03-23-2009, 09:24 PM

that acoustic outro is all over the album.

Celebration is the same chord sequence, as is the first 7 minutes of In the Shadow...

it returns (kinda) on The Lodge, and reappears at the end of AtGCDotE.

boyan89
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Well then I need to listen to it more. :p: I was on msn, ON ug, looking up bands while listening to Agalloch, was paying attention but not really in-depth.

BringMeTheCalm
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
HaHA n00b.

progbass
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Indeed.

Agalloch albums DEMAND attention. I only multi-task with music AFTER I become familiar with the album.

boyan89
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Fine, I'll listen to it In-depth light some candles and have fun in the dark.

progbass
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I usually lay down about an hour or so before I get tired, in the dark, and put on some headphones.

Talk about immersive.

boyan89
03-23-2009, 10:30 PM
I usually lay down about an hour or so before I get tired, in the dark, and put on some headphones.

Talk about immersive.

Damn, that sounds immersive. I'll listen to it with headphones on, and then I'll tell you my favorite parts. :)

progbass
03-23-2009, 11:38 PM
it puts you in a bit of a trance. Other metal albums that do that...

Drudkh - Forgotten Legends, Autumn Aurora, Blood in Our Wells
Isis - Celestial, Oceanic, Panopticon, In the Absence of Truth
Agalloch - White EP, Lodge Remix on Grey EP, Ashes, Mantle, Pale Folklore, instrumentals on OSWaP
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Enslaved - Vertebrae
Darkthrone - Transylvannian Hunger
Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters
Weakling - Dead as Dreams
October Falls - Womb of Primordial Nature
Fen - Malediction Fields
Walknut - Graveforests and Their Shadows
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

off the top of my head...

GBcommander
03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
^Irepress - Sol Eye Sea I. Feels like your in space or something.

Also, listening to Ashes in its entirety. About halfway through Limbs. Man Agalloch is so good...

boyan89
03-24-2009, 01:27 PM
^Irepress - Sol Eye Sea I. Feels like your in space or something.

Also, listening to Ashes in its entirety. About halfway through Limbs. Man Agalloch is so good...

Man they are. Im in school now, I'll tell you about The Mantle when I get home.

EDIT: The Mantle thing was for Progbass.

Broadsword
03-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Proggy, I think you and I are the only ones here who actually prefer Katatonia's BMD to DoDS, even if I do ever so slightly. Right on!

I'm currently digging Falls of Rauros - Hail Wind and Hewn Oak right now, to the Agalloch/Ulver fans who have not yet checked them out, do so. Especially if you are American, in which case show some support for some actually good folk metal from your country. :p:

korinaflyingv
03-25-2009, 03:46 AM
agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow

Mky
03-25-2009, 03:58 AM
agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights agalloch in 4 nights

eazy-c
03-25-2009, 06:14 AM
I want you both to die.

InfiniteSadness
03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Great thing about Agalloch in the Netherlands this sunday is that they probably finish playing around 7, which gives me enough time to travel back to my own town and see an acoustic gig by Danny Cavanagh (Anathema) and Anneke from the Gathering. It's going to be an awesome day indeed.

korinaflyingv
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Great thing about Agalloch in the Netherlands this sunday is that they probably finish playing around 7, which gives me enough time to travel back to my own town and see an acoustic gig by Danny Cavanagh (Anathema) and Anneke from the Gathering. It's going to be an awesome day indeed.
that sounds awesome
not very gr1m to finish at 7 though...

progbass
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Proggy, I think you and I are the only ones here who actually prefer Katatonia's BMD to DoDS, even if I do ever so slightly. Right on!

I'm currently digging Falls of Rauros - Hail Wind and Hewn Oak right now, to the Agalloch/Ulver fans who have not yet checked them out, do so. Especially if you are American, in which case show some support for some actually good folk metal from your country. :p:

Right on brother.

and don't you mean our country, I'm pretty certain you are American...

GBcommander
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow agalloch tomorrow

You sir, are a lucky man.

Ooooooooooooo what a lucky man, he was!(Only prog masters know what that is from)

korinaflyingv
03-25-2009, 03:07 PM
just picked up an 1/8th of real nice po for tomorrow's gig, spacecakes gonna b epic :D

progbass
03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
You sir, are a lucky man.

Ooooooooooooo what a lucky man, he was!(Only prog masters know what that is from)

where is my throne?

GBcommander
03-25-2009, 05:19 PM
I stole it. It shall not be returned till you have answered this question: Who played keyboards on Yes' 1974 release, Relayer?

boyan89
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
I want you both to die.

I second this appealing request.

Kusabi
03-25-2009, 06:00 PM
But then the possibility of a bootleg will diminish slightly :(.

progbass
03-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I stole it. It shall not be returned till you have answered this question: Who played keyboards on Yes' 1974 release, Relayer?

that Swedish guy. Wakeman already left.

Progedit - the album is in my car, but the booklet and case is at home...

Alan something.

GBcommander
03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Swiss, and his name is Patrick Moraz. Alan White is the drummer. :p:

You will have your throne back in 3 days.

progbass
03-25-2009, 07:24 PM
fag

I looked it up only a couple minutes ago.

How about this one -

What albums was Jamie Muir on (King Crimson)?

GBcommander
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I only have In the Court... but I shall take a guess; without looking on Wikipedia. :p:

Ummm... Larks' Tongues in Aspic and Red?

progbass
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
trick question, he was on the recording for Larks, broke his ankle prior to its release, causing KC to do two shows without him, and he subquently left.

He later ended up with Mike Giles, who played percussion on In the Courts...

and everyone knows that Red was performed as a power trio! ;)

loonyguitarist
03-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today :)

korinaflyingv
03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today agalloch today :)
i am so pumped, this week is turning out awesome, despite being broken up with

GBcommander
03-26-2009, 10:45 AM
trick question, he was on the recording for Larks, broke his ankle prior to its release, causing KC to do two shows without him, and he subquently left.

He later ended up with Mike Giles, who played percussion on In the Courts...

and everyone knows that Red was performed as a power trio! ;)

You got me. :( *Returns throne to proper owner*

i am so pumped, this week is turning out awesome, despite being broken up with

Arg! I want to see Agalloch live!

korinaflyingv
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
about to leave :D
my friend has made the marijuana sandwiches :D
we are all set.

frozen-dirt
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM
^yay!

Mky
03-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Please post the setlist on here. :)

Kusabi
03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
HD videos and in depth reviews as well :p:

beadhangingOne
03-26-2009, 05:51 PM
you guys still want that falling snow tab?

eazy-c
03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Falling Snow tab would be nice.

beadhangingOne
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM
alright then, I just need two questions answered

What's the tuning?

What format (gp3/4/5, ptab, txt?)

eazy-c
03-26-2009, 07:08 PM
GP5

How am I supposed to know? :p:

boyan89
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
alright then, I just need two questions answered

What's the tuning?

What format (gp3/4/5, ptab, txt?)

GP5 Dude.

:cheers:

Oh and for the tuning just look up another Agalloch tab :shrug:

beadhangingOne
03-26-2009, 07:18 PM
here's the thing. The current tabs are all ****ing wrong about the tuning (they all have it in standard). It is either Drop D, or D standard (the lowest chord in the song is clearly a D).

I think it's D standard, but I don't want to find out that it was drop D right as i tab the last note.

eazy-c
03-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Does it really make that much difference?

beadhangingOne
03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Does it really make that much difference?

It has before (i've tabbed like 27 songs for this website). I'll just do it in D standard. Generally, in a song, something will occur. Some chord will show up, making it much easier to play in D standard over Drop d or vice versa. So I'll find out if it's standard or drop.

:cheers: should be done by tomorrow guys.

eazy-c
03-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Fair enough :cheers:

I've never tried tabbing, only figuring out the odd riff/chord progression by ear.

BringMeTheCalm
03-26-2009, 07:26 PM
You are a savior.

progbass
03-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I figured most of the song by ear...just a couple parts. I'll cross reference with you

korinaflyingv
03-26-2009, 08:42 PM
HOLY ****

Encore was THE ****ING LODGE DISMANTLED VERSION
what the flying **** !!!
I shook Haughm's hand twice.... best gig i've ever been to, tied with sigur ros

GBcommander
03-26-2009, 08:48 PM
HOLY ****

Encore was THE ****ING LODGE DISMANTLED VERSION
what the flying **** !!!
I shook Haughm's hand twice.... best gig i've ever been to, tied with sigur ros

Setlist NAO!

Broadsword
03-26-2009, 08:48 PM
/infinite envy.

Set list, man, tell us!

korinaflyingv
03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
First was a pale folklore track... i forget, theyre all kinda similar.. i think was dead winter days? might be wrong

then first bit of embers... no orgasmacoustic bit though, they went straight into i am the wooden doors...
then in the shadow... metal version. acoustic bit in the middle was metalled up. simply awesome

limbs... just insane......... not unlike the waves, also ridiculously good, then bloodbirds
then they walked off
came back on, everyone was screaming for falling snow, they just launched into the lodge... only a few people really knew what it was... but i think people noticed after a while it was a metalled up lodge

insane gig, much much better than the videos on youtube, and much much better than opeth.

CG Man16
03-26-2009, 08:57 PM
you guys still want that falling snow tab?
yes

:down:

GBcommander
03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
First was a pale folklore track... i forget, theyre all kinda similar.. i think was dead winter days? might be wrong

then first bit of embers... no orgasmacoustic bit though, they went straight into i am the wooden doors...
then in the shadow... metal version. acoustic bit in the middle was metalled up. simply awesome

limbs... just insane......... not unlike the waves, also ridiculously good, then bloodbirds
then they walked off
came back on, everyone was screaming for falling snow, they just launched into the lodge... only a few people really knew what it was... but i think people noticed after a while it was a metalled up lodge

insane gig, much much better than the videos on youtube, and much much better than opeth.

:eek: Wish I could have been there. Too bad they didnt play Falling Snow, tis my favorite song.

Broadsword
03-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I would've killed to see Limbs. Well, actually, any of that gig in the first place haha. How did they manage to pull off In The Shadow... without ten other guitarists? Rofl

GBcommander
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
^They are Agalloch. I think thats reason enough. :p:

korinaflyingv
I would've killed to see Limbs. Well, actually, any of that gig in the first place haha. How did they manage to pull off In The Shadow... without ten other guitarists? Rofl
don had a harmoniser for the intro leads... for most of the harmonies they just left a part out
they pulled it off really well, just had more of a post-metal vibe... it's like they took every song and made it sound as if it were on ashes

\Powerslave/
Backing tracks? So they played like no acoustics?

korinaflyingv
03-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Backing tracks? So they played like no acoustics?
noop no acoustics
really worked though

GBcommander
03-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Agalloch come to Florida! :cry:

CG Man16
03-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Agalloch come to Florida! :cry:
I second this motion. I want me some agalloch :mad:

GBcommander
03-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I can just imagine them playing Falling Snow and its 95 degrees outside :haha

Broadsword
03-26-2009, 09:13 PM
it's like they took every song and made it sound as if it were on ashes

Whoa. Now that would be something to hear and see, indeed...

CG Man16
03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I can just imagine them playing Falling Snow and its 95 degrees outside :haha
They shoulda came earlier this year when it was 35 degrees for about a ****ing month.

GBcommander
03-26-2009, 09:16 PM
They should have, but I doubt they will ever come to Florida. It seems to be on a bands "skip list". They just go as far down as Georgia then leave. Sad... :(