new song (powertab)

PDA

View Full Version : new song (powertab)

saddam
01-19-2006, 05:10 AM
hey this is my newest song. It is again death metal. If some things sound weird that's because i wrote it without my guitar again. It was just a riff i wrote a while ago and i built a song around that out of my head, but my theory knowledge isn't too good so that's why it might sound strange and wrong sometimes but oh well... .
it's not quite finished yet, i'll work some more on it once i get my guitar over here!

anyhoo, please tell me what you think,

grtz

Fatt Sorum
01-19-2006, 05:46 AM
not bad, not bad at all, i like the timing changes

hthedinga
01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
that was bad. none of the parts really had much value. the only part i liked was that first prechorus. the begining sounds sloppy with those time changes. i'd recommend not setting out to write a "death metal" song, but just trying to incorporate things that sound good into your songs, reguardless of the genre, and hopefully you'll end up with something that actually sounds good and cohesive; something that doesn't sound like this.

Evian
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Agreed^ it sounds like a mess to me.

Andrewbiles
01-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Can't say it was my favourite thing I've heard on this site, but I liked the pre-chorus riff and the outro. Everything was just a bit too fast for my liking and then I found it strange having such a blank chorus.
Out of the solos I prefered the second one, the first just didn't do much for me, but then in the second one towards the end of it a few of the notes sounded as though they didn't fit too well together. Can you actually play them?

Cheers, please take a listen to my track (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4812125) (although it's completely different from yours).

Teh Vampire LOL
01-19-2006, 05:26 PM
that was amazing dude, nice work

Horvat
01-20-2006, 06:03 AM
I liked it, especially the fast verse part. Sounds awesome. Some parts sound a bit like the song Dead Like Me by Bleeding Through.

Just a question: can you actually play this song? It's pretty damn fast and some of those tapping parts seem realy strange to actually play.

saddam
01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
thx for all your replies, and yes, i can play it.