i need help real bad

PDA

View Full Version : i need help real bad

blink182ngd
01-20-2006, 05:12 PM
my band has been around since november and we have only made one song. the bass player and i (lead guitar)have the most experinece. the drummer is pretty good and the other guitar is just starting to learn. we want to make more songs and go far. i always wanted to make this dream come true. ther is another band who is really good and thinks i am good and wants me to join. i dont want to leave my band cause they are my best friends but i no if i join ther band i will get far. we have trouble writing songs. another problem is the drummer never sticks to the saame beat. and now we played at talent show try outs the other day and everything was screweed up and now everyone thinks we suck. wat do i do??

luvarmenians
01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
dude, feel lucky you have people in your area (especially your freaking FRIENDS) who play instruments and aren't boneheads. if that guitarist is really pissing you off, kick him out until he gets better, or he could just do rhythm or something easy. i had a band of 3. i was the guitarist/bassist, and this dude was the drummer. we had a guitarist who apparently had only just begun to play like 2 weeks before we started getting together. we didn't get anything done, and now i'm pretty much solo. believe me, it sucks. don't leave your band unless your certain you've got something better somewhere else. one song is better than none, just keep working at it.

Johnny H
01-20-2006, 05:21 PM
All rockstars are self centred and have big ego's, you may aswell start now, ditch your friends they are stopping your attempts at fame and fortune, go with the winners!

blink182ngd
01-20-2006, 05:28 PM
haha i want to do something better for myself and join this band that is extremly good but i dont want to leave my friends and i would feel bad cause its kinda like saying screw u.

PICKS r4 DICKS
01-20-2006, 05:29 PM
yea im kinda in ur situation. me and my friends like to play punk. and me and the lead guitarist are good, and our other friend only likes blues and just sits around, and the drummer sucks. so we cant get much done, but weve written 4 songs but none of them have words. and i have this one friend who needs a bassist and there band is pretty good, before the drumer and bassist got in a fight. but the drummers an asshole. so im sticking with my friends, even though we suck

Lemmon
01-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I had a similar problem. I used to be in a band called The Beatles but they sucked so I went to form The Bogrolls.

Punk Rocker
01-21-2006, 11:14 AM
someties you need to have the power to sit someone down and say look i think you have potential but you need to get better.

tim_mop
01-21-2006, 11:20 AM
try being in both for a while, if your decent your friends wont want to kick you out for it and they shouldnt anyway, its your life.. but yeah

Remebol
01-21-2006, 11:20 AM
YOU CAN BE IN 2 BANDS AT ONCE , IT DOESNT MATTER, BECUASE BANDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. Its not disprespectful to join 2 bands at once, it just means u wanna be in that band too. I assume ur like my age, so like it doesnt matter at this point what band you are in.