Auditions?

PDA

View Full Version : Auditions?

Skippy_McNutty
01-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey uhh our band is needin a singer eh and we have auditions for our school on Monday for gr 7 & 8's we're grade 7 and i'm just wonderin if thats a good idea or not?

Rocker4500
01-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Well, alot of people will sort of think, 'hang on! These guys should just want me to be part of their band and not make me audition'.
What I'm trying to say is, people find an audition too formal. Either learn to sing yourself (or someone else in your band) or go to productions in your area and stuff like that. Or ask your friends. You'd be surprised how many people around you can sing if they try.

timi_hendrix
01-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Don't bother with a singer unless their voice has already broken, which it probably won't have.

Baba O'Riley
01-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I think it's good that you're looking for a singer because you said you need a singer. However, I'm not sure if auditioning is the best way to go about it. If a lot of people want to sing in your band, then yeah go for it. But if you don't even know if anyone's going to show up, then I don't think it's such a great idea.

deusexbass2150
01-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't really want to audition people, seems to formal but thats just my opinion, if you have loads and I mean loads I would but if its just a few you might wanna meet up with them and have a jam privately instead and see which singer's better. But overall I wouldn't do it and it would be kinda awkward if no one showed up

Skippy_McNutty
01-22-2006, 05:30 PM
ok ya well i unno. Our drummer is probly the best singer but its the drummer and i would sing but my voice is changin so we're gonna see how things go with the auditions and then we'll probly try ur idea ^ of jammin with them if auditions dont go the greatest so yeah thanks. btw is silver tipped fingers an alright name?

Baba O'Riley
01-22-2006, 05:44 PM
btw is silver tipped fingers an alright name?

It sounds alright but what style of music do you guys play?

Skippy_McNutty
01-22-2006, 08:47 PM
we'd play like motley crue kinda music but probably a bit heavier, once we get a singer and can actually get a plcae to practice.