Danny's Song [PTB/Midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Danny's Song [PTB/Midi]

Rankles
01-22-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't have much time to record these days but I do a lot of writing, so I'll post a few songs in the next weeks to show what's going on. This is the intro theme for a film I am currently making for university called Swing's and Strangeways. To get some brownie points, among many individual little touches I decided to write the music for it.

Here is the first song, short and mellow with three instruments. Enjoy!

druz15_UG
01-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Nice!!!

Andrewbiles
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Really nice stuff, especially that piano. You could've easily looped bits of that and added them onto the end but I like the way you kept it short. What's the film about?

Rankles
01-23-2006, 04:52 AM
We had to pick a script from about ten stories that the other class submitted and they were all pretty poor. We ended up deciding on this five minute film about a kid meeting his brother again after spending most of the kids life in prison. It's ok, so long as I get to shoot it I'll be happy, even if the script needs a LOT of work.

It's short because it's only a five minute film so we're going to have most of that played in the opening minute. I may write more one day.

Pure_Morning
01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Really good, probably would be a lot better if the film was with it. Are you doing a film studies course, music course or a bit of both?

Rankles
01-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Film studies, music was just my first love :)

Yngwi3
01-23-2006, 05:07 PM
thats real cool, nice job

*'-'*
01-23-2006, 05:08 PM
ggrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt

That is the best bloody thing i've heard all day, not suprising seeing as i just got up, but i doubt i'll hear anything better today.

zephyrclaw
01-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Although it was short, it was effective and fits its description well. If the music is anything to judge it by, your film's going to be pretty damn good.

les_paul_01
01-29-2006, 02:10 AM
damn good. although from reading the general outline of your movie i thought the song was a bit too happy. nonetheless a really good job! keep it up.

Rankles
01-29-2006, 05:14 AM
^ That's what the scriptwriter said, a little too optimistic. But it's cool, we could use it for the cliched happy ending.

slash_620
01-29-2006, 09:40 AM
i didn't like it as much as everyone else seems to.

i reckon bar 6 should sound sadder and maybe not follow the same pattern,I.E. you repeat the idea for the bar before with a different chord.

i'm not too keen on the backing piano for bar 10 and i don't really like the 3rd guitar progression.

But as everyoen else seem to like it i'm probably just wrong.