negative feedback.

PDA

View Full Version : negative feedback.

inmysleep
01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
well recently my band recorded our first song its extremly rough and weve gotten alot of bad feedback

the vocals are tterible(so we redid them)
the drums are terrible
the vocals are still bad
we sound like a blink cover band( how the hell they got that idk)
and then a bunch of insults on the sound quality and junk

how should we be takeing all this.

myspace.com/inmyslleep

this is our link..

olp07
01-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Well I don't know about you, but in our band we make music that we like, music that we would want to listen to. If someone thinks that the music is bad, that's their problem. Critisism is fine, it can help build your sound, but make music for you, not for someone else.

red_dog22
01-22-2006, 11:33 PM
are you proud of it? if so, **** what everyone else thinks

inmysleep
01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
well were trying to follow the local trend of being a hardcore punk band.
i guess people dont like it for that reason idk.
im pretty proud of it weve only been playign together for a month

Dutch_Apples
01-23-2006, 12:13 AM
You seriously need to get rid of the "singer." He in NO WAY sounds good. It sounds like it was recorded with a boom box in a garage. The best thing I can tell you, is find a new singer and get some quality recording equipment. No matter how good your **** gets, someone will always make negative comments. A couple came to a concert of ours last week and the guy said our vocalist is horrible but the girl said she thinks he's amazing. Things can happen like that.

inmysleep
01-23-2006, 12:18 AM
it more or less was recorded with a boom box the mic was broken and we record all the instruments with one microphone in his garage.

mangablade
01-23-2006, 01:17 AM
vocals: ok, i try to be as mature as possible when posting, but, the singer's voice makes people's ears bleed.

the recording was ****ty.

and it was way repetitive.

im guessing the vocalist THINKS he can sing. tell him the truth.

and in some parts of the song the drums wernt even on beat.

Do you have a bassist?

the little guitar thing near the end was stupid, pointless, crappy, and sloppy.

That_Pink_Queen
01-23-2006, 01:31 AM
^Agreed.

cokesodanotdrug
01-23-2006, 01:48 AM
it sounds like your singer is getting closer and farther away from the mic, make sure he stays the same distance all the time, tell him to stop screaming like little bitch on a leash, the vocals are also overpowering, you make the music sound like a background thing, I'd say boost everything else but the vocals and it'll sound somewhat better.

you should take out the guitar thing, and end the song with the notes you played at 2:47-2:48 seconds, the first note then the up thing, and that screech thing at the end...sound like dane cook describing speak and spell..actually, that's the vocals the whole time.....

Rocker4500
01-23-2006, 04:00 AM
well were trying to follow the local trend of being a hardcore punk band.
i guess people dont like it for that reason idk.
im pretty proud of it weve only been playign together for a month

Following a trend is fine if that's what you want to play. But if you're doing it to be accepted, then you shouldn't. Play what you wanna play, not what you think you should. But if that is your style that you like then go for it.

About the ****ty feedback - Sit around, analyse and work hard to get everything up to scratch. Don't give up!

inmysleep
01-23-2006, 07:10 PM
i meant to say were NOt trying to follow the local trend sorry bout that

inmysleep
01-23-2006, 07:14 PM
well it was an incredibly rough recording..were changing the tone of the song and lowering the tuneing sumwhat to get a deeper sound and im changeing some of the parts. weve only been playing as a band for about a month so im not sure what everyones expecting.
im not sure what notes you mean to get rid of you mean the "solo" ?

Malte
01-28-2006, 09:17 AM
put a shirt over the micro i heard from a friend who had recorded this way and he sweared it would help

jklsadj;sadjfak
01-30-2006, 12:44 AM
ya i put a sock over my cheapass mic when i record and it helps a lot. dont worry about recording, just be able to play your songs. dont be in a rush to record and promote yourselves. thats what my last band did wrong.

it wasnt that bad, the singing was just bad. it did kinda sound like boxcar racer. kinda like the new, less inproved blink.

The_wizard
02-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Your singer is terrible, and your "solo" does not fit your song. Bad quality sound recording.

inmysleep
02-05-2006, 11:27 AM
well were putting rythmn guitar behind it now..so idk what to say about that one.

NFFC_1865
02-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm I was thinking. It's not that bad when the intro kicked in. But you'e singer is really ****ty!

NFFC_1865
02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
WHAT TEH **** - Just got to the solo. lol.