[Powertab,MIDI]More crap for ya..

PDA

View Full Version : [Powertab,MIDI]More crap for ya..

Garb
01-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Hopefully this is somethin that might actually be good....But doubt it...Flame away..

hthedinga
01-28-2006, 03:03 PM
why garb, why?
measures of 4/4 time have 4 beats in them.
there is no reason for those notes to be dotted.
please take my advice: learn some theory and get private lessons.

PsychoFreak
01-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Hm, that was slow. Really slow. You should find out how to use Powertab before putting music in it :)

Garb
01-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Hthedinga:
I didn't want measure bars...But Powertab adds them when you copy and paste....I do need theory..But none of the teachers I've had have taught me any theory....Why is there no reason? They sound the way I want them to with the dots, and don't sound the way I want them without....You didn't even say if it sounded good, you just slammed my writing ability which I couldn't care less about...I'm just interested if I can write good sounding songs....

Psychofreak:
Why does it matter if it was slow? I wanted it to be slow...Not everything has to be played at 23948720399480234 bpm to sound good...
It sounds exactly how I want it to....

PsychoFreak
01-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Sounds strange though. Assuming it is a metal song.

hthedinga
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Ok. Without measure bars it's not going to look good. There is a measure bar button that you can use to take the ones powertab adds when you copy and paste, but I would recommend leaving them in and also adding more. No one writes music with that many dots on notes in a row. If you like the note lengths then change the tempo so that you can write those notes without having dots on them. On top of theory, you need to look at other examples of composition to see how thoughts an ideas are organized. You seem to just throw out all these ideas with little reguard to how they sound next to each other. You also don't seem to repeat these ideas. The song didn't sound good. You can't write good sounding songs...right now. I really think you should stop doing what you're doing and talk to other people about it. People that can give you advice without offending you, show you examples of others' works, and teach you the tools to get better.

Garb
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't know what genre really to put it in..I used a metal theme, sortive..I guess...

les_paul_01
01-29-2006, 02:02 AM
it was alright, but the timing annoyed the crap out of me. 4/4 means 4 crotchets to a bar, as im sure youve noticed there is a multitude of good sounding metal songs in 4/4. nonetheless, this song is still alright. when you turn the metronome off it does sound pretty damn good.

gutsman
01-29-2006, 11:21 AM
yeah the timing is still wonky. Improvement from your previous pieces though. bars 28 and up had a really nice sound

dream{M}theater
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Like you said, that was crap. Even ignoring all the dots above the notes, that was the most boring peice of music i've heard in my life. The power chords were unbelievably generic and had no rhythm at all. Then, the parts where you had 2 guitars. The 2 guitars didn't pair up at all, it sounded like two different sounds played at the same time (gave me a headache). The beginning was too slow and repetitive (sp?) and the whole song got boring fast.