All Things Must Pass

PDA

View Full Version : All Things Must Pass

frippogenics
01-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know who played the slide parts on this album? The 4 guitarists on it were George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton, and Dave Mason. Whoever does play it has a really nice Carribbean style.

RokyRacoon68
01-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Might be George, I know he played a little slide. by the way, All Things Must Pass is a terrific album. My favorite solo Beatle album, one of my fav's. Every song is a classic.

frippogenics
01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
After some research, I think it was George, at least on a couple songs. I really like his slide playing on it.

All Things Must Pass is my favorite solo Beatle album behind Plastic Ono Band.

RokyRacoon68
01-29-2006, 07:44 PM
^Same here, All Things Must Pass and Ono Band are great, Im not much of a fan of McCartney's and Ringo's stuff. I like Harrison's self titled album a lot too, and Lennon's Walls and Bridges album.

terrencemaddox
01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
yeah it was definetly George. He was an amazing slide guitarist.

Diabolic Clown
01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it was George. He had started to play slide and really got into it around the time of All Things Must Pass, a great album.

KingBrendan5149
01-29-2006, 08:07 PM
All Things Must Pass rules.

Sun King
01-29-2006, 09:56 PM
george harrison has an amazing solo career.. but i prefer johns.. but they were both great, and you guys said it was harrison.. ive never thought of that question though.

frippogenics
01-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, I say we turn this into a All Things Must Pass discussion. Favorite songs anyone?

In order:

Behind That Locked Door
Let It Down
All Things Must Pass
Wah Wah
What Is Life
My Sweet Lord

From what I can recall. I'm always reminded of great songs that I forget about when I listen to it.

ridcullylives
01-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Wah Wah is like my favorite riff of all time. Let it Down is awesome. My Sweet Lord...duh. I also really like Art of Dying and I Dig Love. Also, Apple Scruffs...

trey-col89
01-29-2006, 11:20 PM
George --> John, Paul and Ringo

Out of the Blue is a standout track for me... its not often you get to hear George in a jam for 11 minutes... its awesome. Wah Wah is another great track.... also who can forget My Sweet Lord.

aussierocker
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know who played the slide parts on this album? The 4 guitarists on it were George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton, and Dave Mason. Whoever does play it has a really nice Carribbean style.

Peter Drake, not Frampton. Drake played that country steel pedal guitar you can hear on a few tracks, but George played most if not all of the slide with Dave Mason and Eric Played the start of Art Of Dying and throughout the album you can pick out all their parts if you are astute

distilledspirit
04-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Greatest solo album from a Beatles member, better yet, best album from any ex-bandmate.

paintITblack39
04-19-2006, 06:44 PM
All Things Must Pass was an awesome album from any ex-bandmate.
I think it was all the songs The Beatles didn't let George do.

MountainJam
04-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Clapton plays the slide in My Sweet Lord. I know this cause he plays the same song with George durign the concert for Bangladesh and Eric Clapton does all the slide playing (while trying to look as inconspicuous as possible during most of the concert).

frippogenics
04-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Peter Drake, not Frampton. Drake played that country steel pedal guitar you can hear on a few tracks, but George played most if not all of the slide with Dave Mason and Eric Played the start of Art Of Dying and throughout the album you can pick out all their parts if you are astute

No listing of Peter Drake in the credits. I do see Frampton though.